Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lleumas

Windowed bug(?)

When I have EL windowed and I click off to other screens it still acts as if i clicked in EL and I walk off in some random direction... Not sure why, but i just assumed it had to do with me having 64 bit vista :icon13:

Oh well, G'day

Lleumas

Not sure why, but i just assumed it had to do with me having 64 bit vista :P

It quite possibly is. There are some issues with the libraries that EL uses to interface with the operating system. It is very possible that while we have fixed most of the issues for OSX, Linux and XP, Vista still has problems.

Unfortunately these are likely to be around for a while as none of the devs develop and test under Vista.

I had a similar issue. EL would not let go of the mouse. Middle mouse button would occasionally "stick".

I haven't had the problem since I upgraded from an ATI Raedon 9500/9700 to an Nvidia 6200. I'll update the thread if I do ever have the problem, but I'm fairly sure that the ATI was responsible. The exact same behaviour would occur in windows or linux on the same machine.

P.S. as of the card swap, I don't get all of the click errors that I used to get (click here, go there kind of stuff...)

Edited by Sphere

It happens to me all the time, i would have to restart the client because it got quite annoying when I was harvesting. During the problem you can't actually quit EL by clicking the [X], you would have to do it by either alt+x or just #quit. I have have had this problem for a very very long time now.

Edited by XitragupteN

as some ppl here said its not about vista, i got xp pro too and happens to me too, but after i restart EL it usually works fine if i keep my screen size. if i change screen size i have the same problem :(

I too have been having a similiar problem. Occassionaly EL will run and if I click on a program running in my task bar, one of the icons on the bottom of EL directly above where I click on the task bar will activate. Closing and reopening EL does seem to solve the problem until the next time it occurs.