Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Shows in WS city!

Hello everyone :)

I had a great Idea when I was playing today.

After wandering through WS city from the Luck Punch arena I noticed the stage in the corner and nothing near it.

Now I thout to myself. Why isn't there anything there? I mean somthing. But no. Nothing.

So I prepose that we make a show or somthing that happens there. Picture this..........

After a long day of training a guy wants to just have some fun and enjoy the world.

So he simply goes to WS city and watches a play or somthing. Belive me this would be great! People get bord and want somthing to watch or do. This would work. Here are some ideas for it.............

1) There could be a NPC that tells you when the next show will be

2) The shows could be: Npc's saying lines from famus plays and such/Real people doing a play/Special light and affects and so on.... (I have other ideas for this but I havn't got all night.)

3) People might have to pay to see these plays and so. (That is a crazy idea so don't chew me out!()

Let me know what you think.

Sir_Exeus :)

A lot of people use this stage (and others) for IG weddings, Guild ceremonies, and other things.

If you like to roleplay, find some like-minded people and put on a show. It might catch on.

I like that idea. I myself walked by that stage a few times this past week and wondered whether or not it would be used for anything. However, instead of just having plays, perhaps have an NPC who coordinates everything and people can tell the NPC that they want to put on a play,host a wedding, etc. and then the NPC can announce it perhaps

the stage is used for other things to like you said. weddings and so on but thats rare. other stuf is needed

I like the idea.Sometimes (like yesterday) I try to buy smth the whole day and of course get bored.I would like to see this happen.

Guest ohmygod

Dont know if possible but arm movement or gestures you could set to hot keys would be a nice addition to game. Then maybe a stage show would be possible from those who are into that sort of thing.

Some gestures could be like:

blow kiss

wave

salute

shrug

bow

etc

As it is now all we can do is press home key and imagine very hard that it is some kind of dance :wacko:

Maybe this has been suggested before dunno but im posting it anyways ;)

Gestures could be implemented client-side only by picking up on text emotes (type ": waves", propagated as "trollson waves"), which are distinct format to chat. Gesture animations would be needed of course, which are Cal3D data files.

Gestures would need to be inserted immediately into the actor's actions. There may be issues with how these interact with other ongoing actions (eg, waving while walking).

There may be issues with how these interact with other ongoing actions (eg, waving while walking).

I think the easiest way would be to pause then restart the other ongoing action, like it's done currently when sitting down while walking.

I think the easiest way would be to pause then restart the other ongoing action, like it's done currently when sitting down while walking.

Yeah, but we are trying to remove the sharp changes and make things smoother. We don't want to be adding more in I don't think.

Scafativ was going to make his bots put on plays, I actually made the stage just for him to do that. Don't know what happened to him working on it though :D

mabey somone should ask him to fo it again. that way the problem is solved :P

Scafativ was going to make his bots put on plays, I actually made the stage just for him to do that. Don't know what happened to him working on it though :P

wait... so we're having daily shakespeare in white stone??

and yea... arm animation has been suggested

hmm were did it say shakespear? and this thread isn't about arm animation.

Shakespeare was said because he strongly represents plays because he is the most famous playwright. I am sure if he put "We are going to have daily George Abbott in WS" people would not get the message.

The arm comment was for omg who had stated that arm animation should be implemented.

In my opinion if it wants to be done it should be done by willing players and bots.

Shakespeare was said because he strongly represents plays because he is the most famous playwright. I am sure if he put "We are going to have daily George Abbott in WS" people would not get the message.

The arm comment was for omg who had stated that arm animation should be implemented.

In my opinion if it wants to be done it should be done by willing players and bots.

right i understood why he said that abour shake spear and arm animation but i don't know were he got it but nvm......

and other than bots and players who else would put on shows?

right i understood why he said that abour shake spear and arm animation but i don't know were he got it but nvm......

and other than bots and players who else would put on shows?

i got shakespeare as i know he's a very famous playwriter... i've been studing him for the pass year and going to study him again this year... i have some tempest lines stuck in my head... thank you school...

shakespeare was in the Tudor (spelling wrong) times... old dirty... Queen Elizabeth I rein... like white stone city but more clean lol...

the arm animation has been suggested a few times and been suggested again

sorry for the confusion exeus...

Edit: guess :icon13:

Edited by cho-yun

i got shakespeare ... i've been studing him for the pass year and going to study him again this year...

shakespeare was in the victorian times... old dirty...

:) Victorian??? :icon13: Glad to see all that education isn' going to waste... Edited by trollson

*thinks* aww meh got that question wrong :icon13:

Queen Elizabeth I lol...

ok so are we gonna do some shows in WS city or not? we talked abouit a few things but are they gonna happen?

ok so are we gonna do some shows in WS city or not? we talked abouit a few things but are they gonna happen?

I think the general concensus is that it should be driven by players and not coded into the server or client.

Therefore, you need to organise with players or bot owners. Your best bet would probably be to post in the roleplaying forum, or the bots forum.