88 members have voted

1. 1. Intel or AMD?

• Intel
    • AMD

intel ftw! new i7 quad core cpus are badass

plus intel is used by alienware, so its pretty good

amd= cpu if you sit on webpage for a while

intel= for games like stalker, fallout nv, deadspace 2 etc

and as for ati vs nvidia, have to say ati, more straightforward, not as many confusing numbers and stuff

nvidia has the geforce 9800, the gt 240, the gtx 240, the gt 240 ultra, the gtx 240 ultra, list goes on and on, to confusing+ crossfire glitches alot

Edited by crownwarrior

@crownwarrior

I admit Intel have the top end performance crown at the minute (and have for some time), I also have many reasons to be supportive of ATi too, but your post reads like bullshit hype...

Alienware build gaming systems and will use whatever CPU offers the right bang for buck at each of their market points. Their choosing an AMD or Intel CPU doesn't make either inherently 'good'.

I guess i've been imagining all the top-end 3D gaming done on AMD based systems around my place.

You'll find that an AMD Phenom II 980 will provide a more than superb base for a top end gaming system, only 'number-freaks' care about 73fps VS 74fps. Sure Intel's top offerings are a little better, but there's a price associated with that.

and as for ati vs nvidia, have to say ati, more straightforward, not as many confusing numbers and stuff

nvidia has the geforce 9800, the gt 240, the gtx 240, the gt 240 ultra, the gtx 240 ultra, list goes on and on, to confusing

So, you've based your GPU manufacturer preference on how much the model number system confuses you... nice :rolleyes:

+ crossfire glitches alot

Crossfire is an ATi technology. not nVidia.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and this thread is about opinion, it's not like what you've said is to be accounted as a recommendation (thankfully)... but that doesn't mean I won't point out that the reasoning you've provided as the basis for your opinions is in some areas outright lies/incorrect and is in all areas generally n00bish. :devlish:

Edited by Korrode

intel ftw! new i7 quad core cpus are badass

intel= for games like stalker, fallout nv, deadspace 2 etc

nvidia has the geforce 9800, the gt 240, the gtx 240, the gt 240 ultra, the gtx 240 ultra, list goes on and on, to confusing+ crossfire glitches alot

*brainfart*