Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
freeone3000

High-perspective clickwalk

For those who like to have the perspective on, clicking near the horizon will not allow movement due to the limitations on walking. A simple fix would be to route all walking through the pathfinder, which would not cause considerable processor use increase and would allow for click-walking much longer distances due to perspective than available. Would this be an acceptable change?

I would love this. im playing at an different angle so i see far.. i dont mind that i cant see anything far away

but at least i would like to be able to walk the way i see infront of me...

One thing on this... If every walk-click went through the client pathfinder, we may be able to take more load off the server's pathfinder by having the client send shorter walks (the greater the distance, the more calculations needed, and all that)

then everyone would change there view so they could walk like everyone else. not a problem but wat if somone liked the normal view better?

its not about changing the default view. its about that IF you use a view that allows you to look further

into the envoirement it would be nice to also be able to move at the, lets say, furthest point of your view.

#EDIT: ebul typo devil <.<

Edited by Scorpius

One thing on this... If every walk-click went through the client pathfinder, we may be able to take more load off the server's pathfinder by having the client send shorter walks (the greater the distance, the more calculations needed, and all that)

in this matter... map walking is large used and consumes lots of processing pathfinder... i dont think a longer click walk would increase drasticly the server calculation...

map-walking calculations are done client-side. Currently, moves of only 10-ish (less?) tiles can be sent to the server. Thing is, when you click to walk, it tries to do it anyway, and lo and behold... nothing happens.

I love this idea. I have frequently been annoyed by not being able to walk where I click, and I dearly hope the solution is implemented. :P