Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

The EL Gala--Final Details!

We've just had a bit of a discussion about all this on @@4 in-game...

So now I want to make sure...

The GMT times are correct? That means it starts in about 2:20 from when this message was posted?

Some people are confusing UK time (which is daylight savings adjusted) with GMT (which isn't) and think it's in 1:20.

I believe it starts in APPOX half an hour.

I believe it starts in APPOX half an hour.
In that case, the posted times are wrong, so it'd probably be advisable for someone to try to get a mod to announce it... But on the up side, being earlier than was stated means I'm more likely to be able to stay for the whole thing :D

As for the times thing... UK time has daylight savings. So it's currently 17:35. UTC/GMT does not, and is currently 16:34. That's correct as of the time I posted this message :)

I havn't seen any announcments yet... so I could be wrong... I thought my time was -6 GMT, but I am also being told it's -5GMT.

Either way it starts in 15 mins or 1 hr and 15 mins.

Next time, it would be grand if a clock can be put on the Event's Website, there is CountDown clocks that are available for free.

Edited by Lexi

Hello everyone! Thank you all for attending! It was amazing beyond my wildest dreams. We got about 200 guests which is STUNNING. We have made EL history, and it's all because of you guys. Not much time to post now, but please post comments and pics here! They will go on the website. Door prizes, I will PM you about them probably tomorrow; also people who were in the trivia ill be handing out your cash tomorrow if you're on or ASAP. Going on vacation for a week in a couple days so if you don't catch me tomorrow or Monday you'll have to wait :icon13:

THANKS SO MUCH :)

Lumino + Curia

The even was great. I do hope you do it again, and the fireworks were amazing :)

Sure they will get better as more effects are added to the game too.

Below are the pics i took during the fireworks show for those that missed it >_< 9 fps ... gosh.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...3/Untitled8.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...3/Untitled5.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...3/Untitled4.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...3/Untitled3.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...3/Untitled2.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/gam...i3/Untitled.jpg

Would have had more, but typing #cls and pressing print scr at the same time proved a challenge ;P

Not my finest Screenshots of all time, but it was fun :icon13:

'Twas an awesome event from start to end. The fireworks show went a lot better then I thought it would. I was expecting massive lag outs, but only a few did. There were even a few commercials. I'll post the ones that I saw.

"This was sponsored by the Draegoni Race." "We're slowly taking over!"

"Lumino 4 President"

"This fireworks display is sponsored by The Gnome Freedom Fighters, 'Stop eating us!' Smite-Co, 'So easy, a Dwarf could do it,' and The National Mage Service, 'Harry Potter ain't got nothing on us!'"

"Storm_Shadow's story was brought to you by Storm_Shadow, "We don't use gnome slaves for labor :icon13:"

"<name's> win is sponsored by Dung Co. "We make our own..well, you know.."

"This contest was sponsored by Gnome-Cola. "We're better than Draegoni Pepsi, and we know it :) "

EL is sponsored by Radu, "You obey, you Ok"

And the last one: EL sponsors this contest. "We pwn that game with an -R- in it"

All and all, It was a great gathering ^_^

I'm sure this was a learning experience for a lot of people :icon13: IMO, it turned out really well.

Right at the start I realised I could record stuff, so I quickly got approval from Roja to bring on some bots... unfortunately, it took a while to get them into place and all, so the first half hour is missing, but the rest was recorded from 4 places (of course, since the action was generally only in 1 or 2 places, half of that isn't too exciting).

If anyone's interested, and can compile C++ (or has a friend who can), you can grab my movie server software and the movie files from here: http://users.on.net/~gingerman/el-vidserv-EL_gala.tgz Mind you, that's 2.5-3 hours long for each of 4 camerabots, and there was a lot of activity, so the files aren't tiny (a total of about 1400 KB in movie files. For about 10 hours, and with the quality you can get, that's pretty good! The code and the rest is only like 50kb, so the package isn't that large).

There's a quick readme in there, but as long as you can manage to compile the beast, you probably won't have too many problems beyond boredom in the slow parts. It comes with the ability to pause (though no fast forward/reverse), so please make the most of it and pause in the good scenes, pan around (afterall, you use the EL client to connect to the movie server, you have no control over the character, but the camera is free to move), and take screenies to share! :)

ed: The movies are all uncut, mind you, and I haven't checked over them to make sure there wasn't anything inappropriate said. Which there probably is. You'll see PMs between ttlanhil and the bots, and you'll see a lot of spam from players. If you do want to try this out, don't complain about what you saw (only give feedback to me in private or the movieserver thread in programming (I think) if there are issues with the server)

ed2: If anyone feels like hosting the server, feel free. If so, please spread the word so other can see as well (my computer has the uptime, 1278 hours and counting, but I don't have a static IP or dyndns set up ATM). You'll just have to allow connections from the 'Net on port 1999 and explain to people how to use your server instead of the EL server. :happy:

Scratch that!

I've set it up on my own computer. Hopefully it'll all work fine (you can still download and play locally, which will give a terrific ping, but not needed). To connect, do something like:

./el.x86.linux.bin -sa=ttlanhil.homeip.net

or edit your el.ini to use that server address.

Once connected, use any username and password you like (preferably not your real password, since you shouldn't trust me as much as the EL server, but as long as your client sends the login message it'll succeed)

ed: Now should work on port 2000, so only address to be changed to connect to movie server.

ed: Discussion about the server should go over here :happy:

thats what those camerabots people were :o
Heh, yup! :happy: Edited by ttlanhil

thats what those camerabots people were :icon13:

Edited by cho-yun

Hi, I took a few pictures, you can find them here;

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/lexiatel/events

I was facinated when we tried spelling EL.

EDIT-

ttlanhil, to view your movie, what player do we need? I have nothing on my computer that will view the file.

Edited by Lexi

Well sadly, though my charc was sitting in the throne room i was afk through the whole thing. :):happy:

Ive heard that it when great though :icon13: thanks lumi for all the work you did and thanks to everyone who attended, im sure it was great. Hopefully there will be a next year, and I can attend that one :happy:

<snip>

Would have had more, but typing #cls and pressing print scr at the same time proved a challenge ;P

<snip>

A little trick I use to keep chat off the screen.

1. Put chat in "windowed" mode

2. Drag that window over to the brown frame on RH side of screen. If you grab it by the very edge of the top left corner, you can get all but the first letter of each line hidden off screen

Also a good way to mute storage while you're mixing

I just want to say thanks once again to those who hosted and put together this event! I can't be in charge of doing events and so many other things in the game all at once, so it's the players who have to take a step forward and make things happen, and you guys have certainly done well with that.

It's these kinds of things that make the game & community alive and special. I hope there'll be more to come :icon13:

Unfortunately, had to leave early...but got one picture of the beginning, taken from the balcony:

4yu1x6q.jpg

Edited by Shujral

Awww, I'm sorry that I missed this, Lumino. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I had to work a 12 hour shift at the hospital and couldn't attend (I work in Health IT). Hope everyone had a great time.

*HUGS*,

Llyn :P

Well i thought it was brilliant

thank you to all involved

(chaotic fun is the best fun :laugh:)

Edited by justy

Well I've got plenty of prizes for you all! We drew the door prizes and many of you won exciting things. Since I am away on vacation starting tomorrow I am giving the list to Ferny; she will post it here and contact you to give you the prize! See you all in a week, hope it goes well :)

Lum

how?>_< it wasnt on full screen

Ever heard of an editing program? You can even do it in Paint...

Just go to the edge (of the white) and find a dot where your mouse cursor changes to a double arrow. Then click+hold and slide it towards the actual image... Can't get any easier.

Wow! That was the best party I've ever been to in EL! I took plenty of pictures, especially of the fireworks.

Here's the gala: a documentary on photobucket. Click Me to see the whole album.

Here is the list of the Winners from the First Anual Gala who have not yet received their prizes. Congrtaz to you all!

The following people please contact Ferny In Game to collect your prizes:

Annabella

Beasly1

Belroe

Brain

Cege

Charlotte

Chicachick

Cho_yun

Cloak

Curia

Darkdragon01

Darkstar12

Davidi

Draegox

drkhwk

Echo

Ewill

Fritzle

Gabriel_Argento

Goloven

Guy

LordVoldemort8

The following people please contact lilbear In Game to collect your prizes:

Freyababe

Guidera

Guy

Guy

HalO

KiddJasper

Kiur2

Klets

Lanora

Lanora

London

Marack

Maslicka

Mschoolbus

mstefan

orchideja

Queens

sallorile1

Thorgard

The following people please contact Stormie In Game to collect your prizes:

Lyanna

Penderrin

PK_Lover

Queens

saint_takeshi

Scorpion_King

Shadow_of_Death

Shakyamuni

Shaolin

SilverArrow

Sir_Exeus

Sora_Barzahd

Tappro

Tarnbriar

Ttlanhil

Valandil

Woo

Wraithh

Zibur-09

A Huge Thank you needs to go out to All our Contributors and everyone who leant a hand.

Hope you had at least as much fun as I did :D

Ferny