Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

The EL Gala--Final Details!

PLEASE BE AWARE OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!! CHECK ONLINE TO FIND THE REAL GMT TIME. YOUR TIMEZONE MAY HAVE CHANGED.

(Website: http://EternalLandsGala.ulmb.com)

Hey all! First off I would like to thank everyone who helped me out these past weeks, the support has been fantastic! I especially want to thank those who volunteered to get themselves on the official Planning Committee. The committee consisted of myself, Curia (my sister), Enly, and Ferny. They have helped SO much and they need to be honored and thanked.

So, now the moment you've all been waiting for: the final details of our gala! For those who didn't read the original thread, this First Annual High Society Gala in Eternal Lands is going to be (I hope!) the event of the year and a great deal of fun. So, here's the main info...

Who: Absolutely anyone who wants to come and can be respectful and not interrupt.

What: A fantastic gala with a fun-packed schedule (see below) that promises a great time.

When: This Saturday the 14th, 6pm-9-pm GMT. (I think. :blush:)

Where: In Whitestone City. Inside the palace, there will be socializing/dancing throughout, but mainly in the throneroom (the first room when you enter). In addition, the library may serve as a hangout. Games/events will take place on palace grounds or elsewhere in Whitestone City (see below). Remember that dancing/socializing will be ongoing throughout the entire 3 hour period! So you needn't go to every single event.

Why: To have some good fun and harness the old-fashioned community spirit that was once poured so lovingly into big events like this.

Alright, now here is the schedule we have planned! All times are GMT and PM.

6:00 – Welcome Ceremony

6:30 – Hide and Seek

7:00 – Games in the Garden

7:30 – Masked Ball Guessing Game

8:00 – Trivia

8:30 – Grand Prize Raffle Drawing

9:00 – Fireworks/Closing

So...info on each thing:

1. Welcome Ceremony: Speaks for itself. It will be held in the WSC Palace Throneroom. It will be very brief, and then we will get to socializing.

2. Hide and Seek: Curia will be hiding in three locations throughout WSC. The first to find her gets a prize! Since there are three rounds there are three prizes. Prizes are: 2k, Book of Frying Pan Construction (worth 8k), and Full Iron Armor (worth 25k). Meet outside the palace for this event.

3. Games in the Garden: This one is again hosted by Curia on the Palace Grounds. We will be playing some fun games for which you need bring nothing but yourselves :blush: It will be fun I can assure you. No competitive games for this one so no prizes. Meet in the garden for this one.

4. Masked Ball Guessing Game: This one is going to be run by Ferny. Basically, you will come with an alt, and try to guess who the other people are! The prize is a mirror cloak. The rules will be explained in depth there. Please preregister like so: /gossip tell maskedball My real name is Lumino and my alt is FrogPrince. This event takes place in the Master Suite.

5. Trivia: I'm running this one. I have 25 questions, all pretty easy, with various prizes ranging from 100-500 gc for each. A total of 7.5k gc is giving away, plus an extra 10k for whoever gets the most right. Meet in the auditorium. Shortly following the trivia, Storm_Shadow is reciting his story "Legacy" in the auditorium.

6. Grand Prize Raffle Drawing: The raffle is starting right now and will go on until the drawing at the party. You don't need to show up at the party to enter. Anyone can. Tickets are 100 gc each, buy as many as you want. The more you buy, the more chance of winning the prize which is now 30k. PM Lumino, Curia, or Enly to purchase a ticket. You can also buy them at the party. Please buy plenty, this money goes to pay for our event :) The drawing is in the library.

7. Fireworks!: Yes there will be fireworks as a grand finale to a fantastic evening! We will be casting magical spells in the dark on the palace grounds. It may cause people to lag out or crash the game, but it's the end of the party so who really cares :devlish: This on is outside. (duh B))

So! That's the schedule. Any ideas/questions/thoughts/comments should be directed to me. Now, there are still some things I need from you!

Firstly, I need publicity. Please tell ALL of your friends, guildies, acquaintances, whatever. Get the message out, this is going to be HUGE. :)

Next, I need some photographers. Anyone who can take screenies and post them on this thread will be much appreciated :) I'll put up a gallery of the finished product on the website.

And last but NOT least, donate donate donate! PM me ingame with anything from cash to goods. We are currently giving away about 60k cash and at least 40k in goods, but if I can upgrade that it would be fantastic. We have four donations so far. They were from Lyanna, Ferny, Enly, and Heaven_EnHell and they are great exemplars. I'd love to get more stuff rolling in, so please PM me or anyone else on the planning committee!

Also, we will have an official channel for announcements during the event which I will allude to during the welcome ceremony. If you come late, get a friend to hook you up with the number. :)

If I think of anything else I will post here. Hope to see you all there!!!!!!

Lumino & the Planning Committee

Edited by Lumino

Sadly, I cannot attend. As I have already informed Lumino. So everyone had better take lots of good screenies to share with me!

Good luck Lumino, hope it goes great :D

And I hope everyone has a great time, so sad I can't be there :cry:

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I havn't posted on this thread yet, I was new to the forums and couldn't get it to work. By the way, I'm Curia, Lumino's brother. Anyways, Lumino forgot to mention that if you're planning on attending the gala, you should visit the gala website (http://EternalLandsGala.ulmb.com) and rsvp.

darn... too late to do a rain check on this or harry potter? lol..

I was afraid of this... Was hoping for it to be on Sunday, because I can't come on Saturday.

My RL life goes first you know ;o

Well... Enjoy the event.

My Saturday event has been cancelled. I'm still not 100% sure if I will be able to make it (maybe only a part of it), but atm it looks that I might just get there :cry:

Got a new event... Won't be there

Edited by Cyprom

I will try to make it :cry: usually busy on Saturdays, but never know, it's not a bad time either for me :D (was afraid it would be in the AM my time).

Big update! 40k gc added to the prizes, half of which is in the raffle pot! BUY RAFFLE TICKETS NOW!!!! Even if you can't come! Which reminds me, I'm so sorry to those of you who can't :P I'll miss you all but there'll be great screenies! Buy tickets and invite friends! We're going to make EL History, people ;)

Lum

That's a good time for me most Sat's so I should be able to make it. I'm trying to get some other RICH members to come as well.

Excellent both of you--see you there. I'd love for you to get some RICH guildies to attend Luo; and any of your ally guilds too, make sure they catch the buzz! ;)

Lum

since im in Australia i can't attend. itll be 4-7 am in the morning over here :devlish: . like most other events they are all at bad times for me, maybe next time then

Edited by Krakas3

I will certainly try, it looks pretty groovy indeed.

like most other events they are all at bad times for me, maybe next time then

Maybe do a 'Live EL' at different 'time zones'? :devlish:

So far there does not appear to be any schedule conflict, but I still am unsure whether or not I will be able to stay the entire time. I am willing to take screenies for when I am there, though.

The Mingling and Unmasking

If peeps would like to pre-register with me that would be superb, either through these Forums, (name here is obviously "ferngale"), a Gossip message, or an IG PM. Peeps, of course, can enter at any time during the game and inform me by the latter.

I will create and have on hand a Master List. This list will be provided to the Moderators so everyone is protected from any multi-playing accusations FOR THE PERIOD OF AND AT THE EVENT ONLY! Please be wise about this. You may use an already-created alt OR one done for just this event. That's up to you. No list of names will apear on these forums, nor any general disclosure but to the Moderators.

I will be there as "Ferny", at least for that part of the Event.

As each person thinks they have five guesses correct, they submit them to me through PM only. I will check against my list and tell them how many are correct. However if they have any/some wrong I will let them know How many but not which ones. If they have all correct they can choose to stop or continue on with guessing more.

The Winner will be the person who guesses the most correctly. As this part of the Event will last only a half hour, I suggest it be contained in one area. We'll start in the Master Suite and move to the Library when we need the room :hug:

Rules:

1. The Alt MUST be the one at this part of the Event.

2. Anyone PMing me for hints or spamming me will be disqualified and go on my temporary Ignore List.

3. Anyone particpating MUST be registered with me in order to to win.

Comment: While some perhaps will be tempted to cheat in a variety of ways, the Point here is to have fun, and test your knowledge of, and your perceptions about, other people that play this game with you. And how well you pay attention to the clues they give you.

Hoping for Lots of EL Forums Private Messages,

Ferny :P

Any questions or concerns ? Please address them to me and I will try and get you an answer ASAP.

<edit> punctuation

Edited by ferngale

5. Trivia: I'm running this one. I have 25 questions, all pretty easy, with various prizes ranging from 100-500 gc for each. A total of 7.5k gc is giving away, plus an extra 10k for whoever gets the most right.

Just out of curiosity, is this EL trivia or trivial trivia? :D

Through the Kind Co-operation of the Guild CEL pre-registration has been made even easier!

You may at anyytime from now on send a message through Gossip to one known as "maskedball".

Example: /Gossip tell maskedball my main character's name is "Ferny" and my alt for the ball is "Welsh_Lady"

Register early, and speed up the process!

Ferny

Yes :D And we have two new updates!

1. Since I have tons of excess stuff that got donated, gossip will be at the doors of the palace just inside, registering everyone who enters. Just for coming you're entered to win one of a score of prizes!

2. Storm_Shadow will be reading his story "Legacy" just after the raffle drawing in the auditorium.

@sufi: it is EL related trivia :D

Please come! And bring your friends! :)

Lum

We've just had a bit of a discussion about all this on @@4 in-game...

So now I want to make sure...

The GMT times are correct? That means it starts in about 2:20 from when this message was posted?

Some people are confusing UK time (which is daylight savings adjusted) with GMT (which isn't) and think it's in 1:20.