Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Changes to Gems

Currently for metals you have to mine the ore and the Alchemy them into bars. Gems though you just mine, and diamonds have an EMU of 3, but their value is close to that of Gold Ore. That makes diamonds have a high bulk and a relatively low value considering they are gems which you think of as small and precious.

What we need is to rename the current gems as Raw Gems, and then be able to to use a hammer plus Alchemy or Crafting skill and turn the gems in GemStones with an EMU of 1 and a higher value to NPC's.

Then Harvy is willing to buy & sell the Raw Gems, and you can decide if the essences use Raw Gems or GemStones.

Then you have the Crafting skill use GemStones and making other items (like the Serpent Stone) would also use GemStones (but maybe other skills like magic).

I like the idea!

then maybe add some magic weapons too.

You could make it so you need a high alchmy level and a high manu level and you can make magic swords with the refined gems in them. that'd be cool.

Add that t an Idea I've been thinking about: Jewelry Making!

Jewelry

Requires: 5 Gold bars, 2 Silver bars, 3 Rubies, 4 Diamonds, 2 Emeralds, (+ Ect..), Hammer

manufacture Lv: 40

Selling price: 25,000 Gold

Expand this to making Magic Ring too and we might can even make Jewelry Making into a whole new Profitable Skill.

good idea but i dont htinkt he serpent stone should be made...some items we just have to make non manufacturable.

i love the idea!! Would be ace but the alch level to make them would have to be under the current level for titanium because at the moment you cant sell titanium to an NPC (at least i think you cant) because its the highest, if you can sell gem stones to an NPC they would have to be lower then titanium :P

good idea but i dont htinkt he serpent stone should be made...some items we just have to make non manufacturable.

Whether or not the Serpent Stone can be manufactured or not is a different Thread of course. Since people were talking about it, I included it as another way that GemStones could be used, also making a Serpent Stone even more expensive and more compilcated then it would be then the other suggestions. I basically thought of it as a one time use sharpening stone with diamonds in it :P

http://host115.ipowerweb.com/~eternal-/php...opic.php?t=3554

i love the idea!! Would be ace but the alch level to make them would have  to be under the current level for titanium because at the moment you cant sell titanium to an NPC (at least i think you cant) because its the highest, if you can sell gem stones to an NPC they would have to be lower then titanium :P

What does the Alch level of titanium have to do with making GemStones (if Alch is used, not Crafting)? I see it as acceptable to be harder to make GemStones the Titanium Bars or easier. The price could also be higher or lower.

The price for an item need not go up as the level needed to make it goes up! Yes, that is a general rule, but if there was an item that had cheap ingrediants but need high skill and another had very expensive ingrediants and low skill, the second might be more expensive.

In this case, I feel that the end result of Diamond GemStones should be worth more then titnanium. That would encourage making the skill needed to be higher then Titanium Bars.

Well, i woould have suggested something similar to

this already, but then i rememberd that rs has a VERY

similar system.

And another thing, why do we flame rs? their ideas are successful...

First of all, I have NEVER played RS. Secondly, my suggestions were based simply on facts and logical enhancements, so if it happens to be similar to RS, it is because the source facts were basically the same. Third, I don't flame RS, I flame the people that continually bring up RS or say this is just a rip-off of RS, or think something must be added to the game just because RS has it.

Thank you for pointing out the RS has something similar, and then we can strive to make sure were not trying to be similar, but our own unique game. The ideas have to be evaluated on their own merit and how it fits in with this games.

having years of experiance with rs i can change this idea to be unique..

1. must wear gloves

2. something to hold the gem as you cut it

3.dont make amulets, necklaces,rings. (unless the name has something added to it) like amulet of the sky (sapphire ammulet)

4.dont have just thread added into the manu window.. say a different task to make it gold, etc plated.

5. have different types of casts, like silver, gold etc.

6. have different types of purity in the gold.

7." " say a lesser purity means it is duller and cheaper.

8. to make the gold idea work, make gold rarer or harder to carry.(say very high emu)

9.DONT add smelts.

10. dual with magic, say different enchantments an ammy. (for instance)

sapph ammy-holds 1 enchant

emerald ammy-holds 2

ruby ammy-holds 3

diamond ammy-holds 4

~~~~~

list of enchants

~~~~~

+15 defense

+15 attack

~lv 2 spells

+10 magic

+10 alch

~lv 3 spells

+10 manu

+10 harvest

~lv 4 spells

+20 eth pts

+20 material pts

~~~~~

ok to understand read this:

sapphire amulets can only use lv 1 spells

emerald can use lv 2 and 1

ruby can use lvs 3 2 1

diamond can use all spells

and as for the actual enchanting i was thinking of:

lv1 = 10 magic

lv 2= 20 magic

lv 3= 25 magic

lv 4= 30 magic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

an npc can be added also to take care of whatever is missing

~

Hope this made sense :? :)

I find it kind of funny that you're trying to keep it from becoming too similar to rs yet you call them ammys.

Anyway, i was already thinking about having it so that you could make bars of different purity based on your alch level.

I think we should be able to make any type of jewelry, even earrings.

Also, add other stones, such as the birth stones. and add platinum. Then, rather than having them hold more enchantments, have them so they can have different types of enchantments. Mixing them could have different effects, much like sigils. And what metal you use determines its strength.

I find it kind of funny that you're trying to keep it from becoming too similar to rs yet you call them ammys.

ammy=for lack of a better name