Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheComet

Where does your luck on EL lie?

I kinda noticed with players that some people go around having crazy luck with certain things, and horrible luck on others.

so yeah guess what this thread is for? :3

for me, I've had crazy alching luck in the past, first WE attempt gave me an EWE, although no enriched esses in the last couple months

Summoning my luck seems to be pretty good, considering I make stuff that's like 10-15 lvles above mine with very little trouble XD

Harvesting, I never get any stones, I got 2 in one day but that was just a fluke at the ti mines I believe, but aside from those there was a 1 year gap betwen getting anything

Monster drops I'm VERY lucky, I get several meds and books off of gargoyles, and skeletons drop me countless broadswords, S2E (from unarmed), and leather stuff.

so...where does YOUR luck lie?

I'm lucky my graphics card can still handle the game!!

Typical luck I guess, must have made many M's of FE's with different characters over nearly three years and don't think I've made five EFE's total.

The first lucky event as a newbie was a Rosto while learning to harvest sulfur. Not knowing it's value, I used it up right away thinking that must happen all of the time! Never saw another.

Got an Advanced Sword Book from an ordinary white rabbit while being bored and attacking only white rabbits. The second book drop I received. The other was a Garg Book from none other than a Garg.

My first character was killed by Bob the Gob so many times just entering the Portland map that it gave me a complex. I even posted songs and dirty pix of Bob in the forum somewhere (can't remember my chars name.)

Very lucky with DB's and met many fine players who helped me out. Only lost valuable stuff once or twice. Thus I pay it forward!

Once, out of the blue, a longtime player chose me to donate their complete wealth and inventory to. I'm still thankful! :icon13: All I remember is her name began with "Ph", but then I can't remember my player name from back then. When I do, I'll bring him back as the helpful Paladin he was slowly becoming. :devlish:

Meanwhile I remain the grumpy dvarfster with no luck at all! :omg:

varying luck here. Never gotten an enriched essence, although i have gotten one or two serpent stones. I've also gotten two books worth 20k each off rabbits :devlish:

-Shuj

Edited by Shujral

from the beginning i started playing this game i was very lucky with efe's and still my average is 3/10k, i must say that with the other essences I'm a bit less lucky but still :0

first sword ever made was a madable broad sword. for a modable s2e i only had to make ~170 normal.

drops aren't very good but from ogre i have ~1/25 so not bad. although Troll never gave me a cape i had 3 from ogre and male orc were the only critters that gave me serpent stones.

i was very lucky buying 72! serpentstones just ~2 weeks before prices went crazy.

my db's are returned very often and the only bad luck i have with Tankel, but hey who doesn't wanna kill him once in a while.

So i think i'm just slightly more lucky then others (i am not telling about the countless rosto's i found and once i even had so many i even gave some away)

and i must say i am very lucky with the EL friends i have :devlish: specially those who were nice enough to show me around on c2 as i moved my "home" storage to irilion

I'm quite lucky when it comes to enriched essences, and certainly lucky with Binding Stones. I suck at mixing though... I fail lots of big stuff even when I'm 5 levels above the recommended and have extra ingredients (double loss of ingreds)

I've been lucky with finding stones while harving, don't have exact numbers on them though. Have not found an attribute/nexus removal stone yet.

Also lucky with special armor/weapons with the help of artif perk/cape:

Ubber Def Greaves - 2

Mana Drain Cuisses - 2

Mirror Greaves - 3

Cooldown Removal Cuisses - 1

Plate of Freezing - 3

Shield of Life Drain - 1

Mage Cutty - 2 (one was guildies ingreds so gave it to him, was his luck as well ;)

SoD - 2

Now you know how I was able to lvl manu back when it was a priority :)

special manu day... i created 2 jsoc and 1 orcslayer mana nullification from mabye 30 makes back when i had account all in mabye 10 minute time period

Edited by mufossa

seems the chances to make an enriched item of that class is pretty high :D

higher then I expected for sure

i think it was Dumb luck for sure, i never heard of anyone that successful b4 or after that one time, i also had 2 nmt drops in 20 minutes on yeti (but note this was 6 months ago)

Edited by mufossa

seems the chances to make an enriched item of that class is pretty high :D

higher then I expected for sure

i think it was Dumb luck for sure, i never heard of anyone that successful b4 or after that one time, i also had 2 nmt drops in 20 minutes on yeti (but note this was 6 months ago)

You must be so unlucky if real life :pickaxe::pickaxe:

I made 3 modable s3es out of 200 some time ago, without perk :D

I got 2 arti capes in less than 30 min from yeti some weeks ago.

Have always found many stones when I was harvesting, up to 3 a day, yesterday a rosto and a binding.

Used to make many enriched essences, but after I got level 100 alc, do I only get very few.

Edited by Zamirah

I alch quite a bit and I still critically fail about 2-3 FE per 125 at lvl 75 Alch \o/

I get horrible drops, I dont remember my last stone or my last enriched essence w/o using a e stone.

Ive had pretty decent luck with my harvesting medallion, about 12K extra free xp and 1200GP over the past couple of days.