Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

Ok I got an IDea . LEts make Brods Cheaper, And SbOds Cheaper then we can start takin care of the NMT problem Whatcha thnk? Good idea right :P?

The problem is the underpriced red cape does not break as fast as it should, not that the BROD is too expensive.

well mufo it seems he's talking about ppl in their training stage aka fluff/fero trainers who sit on pps cuz they don't need p/c higher cuz i'm sure anyone on yetis have spent most or all their pps cuz they need it and more as they are pkers when they ain't training yetis ;P,but according to u its no different its just a nmt that breaks so how does this force anyone to add pps if its the same as the non-breakable nmt wouldn't it be the same?And about pk i was talking towards those that wanted more pk they have high p/c i know,so i like my post better ;P

Ive never bought a red cloak :/ There shudnt be red cloaks i thnk. Maybe we shud POll that ? :P

lmfao you gonna make someone commit suicide :o

well mufo it seems he's talking about ppl in their training stage aka fluff/fero trainers who sit on pps cuz they don't need p/c higher cuz i'm sure anyone on yetis have spent most or all their pps cuz they need it and more as they are pkers when they ain't training yetis ;P,but according to u its no different its just a nmt that breaks so how does this force anyone to add pps if its the same as the non-breakable nmt wouldn't it be the same?And about pk i was talking towards those that wanted more pk they have high p/c i know,so i like my post better ;P

masterpiter is on fluffy with god knows how many free pp probably 60 or more

the point levin makes is that the Nmt influences people to stay very low p/c to train , if they ran more risk of breaking items , they would increase their P/C as protection thus making them stronger in pk...you understand?

The fact this software is declared beta doesn't mean that changes won't occur in a release\production product.

Everyone seems to be assuming that after the beta stage, the software is "locked" from drastic changes to

its look\design\use.

To me beta, in my work, is there to imply the software "may have bugs caveat emptor".

I fully expect major changes to the game interface\and game world, post beta at the same rate as now.

So using the word beta to squelch debate is pointless.

Why is this topic so hotly debated?

Here are some points:

• It effects how quickly a person can level attack and defense.
  • It effects the economy in the demand for armors\cols and other things shielded by the NMT
  • Top ranked players would like to maintain there position with less effort
  • The cloak is value is a cheaper alternative to the perks 7 pps

Remember the cloak only applies the perk, so removing the cloak doesn't eliminate the perk.

So it seems, what we really want is the perk to be removed?

To me, the NMT cloak is analogous to Real World insurance. I can't drive my car or do business without it.

Why should the game be completely devoid of a "insurance" item, spend GC and get coverage?

And what about those Evil IRL rich noobs threatening to have fun and ruin the power position some players

hold? I see so many complaints from those who have already reach position some of us are laboring to

reach and now want to make it even tougher, post the 1 yr? the game item has existed.

Is the real reason the game economy? it seems like a misdirection when the real issue is attack and

defense leveling. So the big issue is manu\crafter aren't profiting enough because of the existence of the

cloak (not the perk mind you its apparently exempt). Doubtful, in all worlds it comes down to power, even in

virtual ones.

They only solution is this, master server reset and removal of the NMT perk and cloak. Now we are all even :o

But no one wants that, I hope. :P

well ok ill give it a shot....................

Entropy implemented something(the artificer perk) that didnt quite work the way he/players felt it should work (given the cost of pp ect..)

and being that this is a "beta" game he made the neccessary adjusments to ballance the problem which in this particualr situation called for pp reimbursment

much like in this situation Entropy and some of his experienced devs and mods feel this cape should be made to break (due to their extensive experience mabye we should stop and ask why)...

i seem to have missed youre point a bit..................if you buy a car is it still worth the same in a year NO , thats life and unfortunalty thats EL.................................do you think this is the first thing that will loose value in EL? lol not even close and it wont be the last I promise that

Thank you. thats better :P

but I think you will find the arti perk was removed because the wording was wrong in the ency and didnt give the % it was said to give, hence people bitched that they got the perk under false pretences so Ent removed it.

do I think personally that people should be refunded . I dont know. Im just playing devils advocate and asking questions that will help people decide there vote ( discussion should really have taken place before a poll was introduced so everyone can make an informed decision).

And I didnt make a point about items losing there worth . I totaly understand how markets work (i was lucky enough to buy my NMT when they where 200k and now they double that for some reason)

Like i have said befoee the poll really needs more options because a ) yes a compromise needs to be reached about nmt ingame and b ) just giving the option to make it break or not will make more people vote no than proberly would if there was more options

Hey I just Think That if U got the GC to Buy a BOD or BROD and use it against someone that u shudnt have a defense against someone doing the same..Fair is Fair right? Ive Brodded ALOT but i never wear a Red cloak. But this is about NMTs so . WHy not pft Id rather know for sure than to keep changing the drop rates and prices or break rates. Just maybe a final ..Final final..decision i hope plz lol

i understand but the point u wanna make clear is hey guys this is the same cape it just breaks but we can get them more cuz monsters drop them alot lol y would i then be forced to add pps?to save my now breakable nmt?like i said y is this a good idea again? now we are supposedly forced to add pps making less exp to save our breakable nmts hmm....

The fact this software is declared beta doesn't mean that changes won't occur in a release\production product.

Everyone seems to be assuming that after the beta stage, the software is "locked" from drastic changes to

its look\design\use.

To me beta, in my work, is there to imply the software "may have bugs caveat emptor".

I fully expect major changes to the game interface\and game world, post beta at the same rate as now.

So using the word beta to squelch debate is pointless.

Why is this topic so hotly debated?

Here are some points:

• It effects how quickly a person can level attack and defense.
  • It effects the economy in the demand for armors\cols and other things shielded by the NMT
  • Top ranked players would like to maintain there position with less effort
  • The cloak is value is a cheaper alternative to the perks 7 pps

Remember the cloak only applies the perk, so removing the cloak doesn't eliminate the perk.

So it seems, what we really want is the perk to be removed?

To me, the NMT cloak is analogous to Real World insurance. I can't drive my car or do business without it.

Why should the game be completely devoid of a "insurance" item, spend GC and get coverage?

And what about those Evil IRL rich noobs threatening to have fun and ruin the power position some players

hold? I see so many complaints from those who have already reach position some of us are laboring to

reach and now want to make it even tougher, post the 1 yr? the game item has existed.

Is the real reason the game economy? it seems like a misdirection when the real issue is attack and

defense leveling. So the big issue is manu\crafter aren't profiting enough because of the existence of the

cloak (not the perk mind you its apparently exempt). Doubtful, in all worlds it comes down to power, even in

virtual ones.

They only solution is this, master server reset and removal of the NMT perk and cloak. Now we are all even :o

But no one wants that, I hope. :P

well bob ..spawn availability is another problem you have tons of people 40 levels lower occupying a spawn (nothing wrong with this ) except for the fact that now people who are suitable cannot train ...this created a kink in the food chain and imo it is ONE reason (not all) that this change needs be implemented...

and if you were around a little longer for changes such as cooldown and vile removal mabye this wouldnt strike you as such a drastic change (mabye you were )

anwser this bob...does entropy care about losing his a/d level lmfao ii think not, so why not ask him why he feels this is best for HIS game

i understand but the point u wanna make clear is hey guys this is the same cape it just breaks but we can get them more cuz monsters drop them alot lol y would i then be forced to add pps?to save my now breakable nmt?like i said y is this a good idea again? now we are supposedly forced to add pps making less exp to save our breakable nmts hmm....

no one forced you to pay 400k for that cape and no one forced you to add pp this is all youre choice , no?

i didn't pay 400k and i thought we was referring to levinmages comment so stop twisting it,inwhich he mentioned "forcing them to add pps" this ain't about me now is it?

i didn't pay 400k and i thought we was referring to levinmages comment so stop twisting it,inwhich he mentioned "forcing them to add pps" this ain't about me now is it?

guess not i read u wrong i see what youre saying..to anwser youre question

well yeah i guess thats kinda the idea or theory w/e

I think the point mufo is trying to make justin is that if people train at the right a/d level with the right p/c for a certain creature then they wont need NMT because very little might get broken anyway because they wont get hit as often thus less chance for items to break

I think the point mufo is trying to make justin is that if people train at the right a/d level with the right p/c for a certain creature then they wont need NMT because very little might get broken anyway because they wont get hit as often thus less chance for items to break

exactly , also then the people who are right level can have a spawn instead of doing nothing cause all spawns are full

Edited by mufossa

And what i'm saying is due to a breakable nmt and levins post we are "forced" to add p/c so we don't get hit often and our breakable nmt don't break as often messing up exp/hr. is a good idea?lol now we are not forced to add p/c so we get good exp/hr this starts sounding more and more like ppl not wanting others to train a/d properly thus the big guys keep their ranks longer and in end result we don't get oa's faster to give us pps to spend on p/c that is needed in pk to do anything decent at all if any.Thusfore keeping pk dead longer and i thought some wanted more pk,well guess what we need a/d/p/c to have a fighting chance and u wanna make it harder on us?This i speaking on pkers who need a/d i'm aware all that has high a/d ain't pkers i'm just replying to pk being dead and now a breakable nmt,just tieing the two togather from a standpoint,not covering all the bases lol cuz this is suppose to be about the nmt.

And what i'm saying is due to a breakable nmt and levins post we are "forced" to add p/c so we don't get hit often and our breakable nmt don't break as often messing up exp/hr. is a good idea?lol now we are not forced to add p/c so we get good exp/hr this starts sounding more and more like ppl not wanting others to train a/d properly thus the big guys keep their ranks longer and in end result we don't get oa's faster to give us pps to spend on p/c that is needed in pk to do anything decent at all if any.Thusfore keeping pk dead longer and i thought some wanted more pk,well guess what we need a/d/p/c to have a fighting chance and u wanna make it harder on us?This i speaking on pkers who need a/d i'm aware all that has high a/d ain't pkers i'm just replying to pk being dead and now a breakable nmt,just tieing the two togather from a standpoint,not covering all the bases lol cuz this is suppose to be about the nmt.

u r being a little extreme , their will still be a nmt but now you ill have to risk for reward, thats what this game is about

well bob ..spawn availability is another problem you have tons of people 40 levels lower occupying a spawn (nothing wrong with this ) except for the fact that now people who are suitable cannot train ...this created a kink in the food chain and imo it is ONE reason (not all) that this change needs be implemented...

and if you were around a little longer for changes such as cooldown and vile removal mabye this wouldnt strike you as such a drastic change (mabye you were )

anwser this bob...does entropy care about losing his a/d level lmfao ii think not, so why not ask him why he feels this is best for HIS game

spawn availability isn't an issue of NMT, its an issue of the size of the game world. This won't be an issue once multiple servers are available.

joy risk a breakable nmt in hopes of getting another?i think i'd rather get one now so i could sell it lol,if i got one then i'd have to keep it cuz never know when mines gonna break.

exactly , also then the people who are right level can have a spawn instead of doing nothing cause all spawns are full

The problem with spawns being crowded is made worse by people training above there level, but it will become a problem anyway naturally. with more players ingame and more players training a/d. unless the spawns are increased by a % of new players then certain spawns will always become crowded, but thats a debate for another time.

Even if things stay the same . I can only dream of catching the top players in any skill,so IMO thats a bit harsh to say all top players are like that . some maybe but not most

then train a/d like i did and see the pms u get ;P its not hard really like empi said they don't train heh and if they do,just do it longer,or maybe buy a char. ;o

then train a/d like i did and see the pms u get ;P its not hard really like empi said they don't train heh and if they do,just do it longer,or maybe buy a char. ;o

i leveled to 139atk/141def/82harvest/90alch/77manu/144oa...i dont care what you say it will take alot more then a Nmt to catch that.....but i sold my char i only harvest like i keep saying ...........you need alot of free time and patience, never mind a nmt, i did that all mostly w/o a nmt (i had some help leveling but i made 400+mill exp) thanks sMooMs :P

err justin whats youre In game name?

btw LuciferXjr is a solid level 40 a/d char 40alch 40 harvest 40a/d 40 mag i leveled that from 3/3 in 7 days , then i sold it to luciferx

Edited by mufossa

well this forum account belongs to Sephiroth my brother but I'm Cloud

do you remeber jasperjune? :P i powned you with a char i leveled in 7 days :o i didnt use a Nmt to level him

u pwnt me?ahh i dissed if i recall but i killed ahh whats his name Truffle he died and Seph killed jasperjune and gave db back this is off topic but oh well

u pwnt me?ahh i dissed if i recall but i killed ahh whats his name Truffle he died and Seph killed jasperjune and gave db back this is off topic but oh well

lol i never died to any of you on my 7 day leved char and i owned u

need a screenie if i dig deep enough i can find u a convo too lol,btw funny to me it had full set of armor and weps i guess u did that in 7 days too right ;P now a naturally lvl'd char in 7 days would die easy hehe

Edited by Justin