Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

did i make fun of a char buyer u take a noob buying a char set for pk u think he can train this char most ppl reset the chars they buy cuz they can't train them thats what i'm talking about and about mentioning good and bad about the nmt i just picked the most common reason ppl hate it or they are beating around the bush about cuz theres no real other reason to hate the nmt it protects ur armor u pay alot for and gives u motivation to train for hrs to pass ppl in a/d i guess i'd hate that too if i was a "pro" that wanted my rank to stay the same and someone playing 8-9 months is passing me cuz i don't train lol.

Justin if they are made breakable ,it will only be a 1/40,000 (a titanium pl8 is a 1/10,000 and i think i have broke 3 of them since they were first introduced)

also they will be made to drop 100% more ..and they will be moved onto more monsters....this is a good situation ......

read this thread with and open mind and i feel you will realise their are many Posotive reasons to make this cape break not just cause Evil people want to slow youre leveling (this may be some peoples reason but it isnt the main/only reason).....

No matter what the item their simply cannot be something that dosent break ..(especially an item with such power as this)

Edited by mufossa

are u talking to me cuz i already voted no or the 109 that also voted no?or more that might read ur posts and vote yes?but anyways whats was there break-rate when hades broke 3?like my earlier posts there is 500+ ingame and how long has it been ingame?now its even rarer to get yet ppl stress they'll be on everybody's back?i don't see that happening,but i guess this is more of an attempt to get rid of nmt which was made and called no more tears cape for a reason i'm sure ain't u?

are u talking to me cuz i already voted no or the 109 that also voted no?or more that might read ur posts and vote yes?but anyways whats was there break-rate when hades broke 3?like my earlier posts there is 500+ ingame and how long has it been ingame?now its even rarer to get yet ppl stress they'll be on everybody's back?i don't see that happening,but i guess this is more of an attempt to get rid of nmt which was made and called no more tears cape for a reason i'm sure ain't u?

you are only worrying about youreself , you have to step back and look at this game as a whole

every single game creator and or people who have been here a long time and have seen how the economy works know what must be done , this is inevitable regarless if it happens today or in 6 months ....Most (not all) of the no votes were made thoguthlessly and selfishly , a few people after reading the thread expressed that they felt they made the wrong decision and wanted to change the vote to a yes break it vote

::justin im not trying to change youre mind i see u r very set in your ways and thats ok, im only trying to make u understand my point of view, i understand yours:::

btw i dont train a/d anymore i sold my character i harvest only now, so my opinion in un-bias

I'm not worrying at all its just a game what will happen will happen but i bought a cape that says it doesn't break even said the same the month or more it was breakable lol but anyways the nmt was brought in-game i'm sure cuz ppl complained bout breaking items and thats what it protects it don't give u more exp or w/e when u wear it so its how u use it.so in other words its doing its job yet ppl now complain about it saying it makes the game too easy or it helps them beat me in a/d how unfair yet anyone no everyone can get one or has one ;P heh as i see it its doing its job now its getting overthrown for the same reason it was brought in-game how ironic don't u think?

I'm not worrying at all its just a game what will happen will happen but i bought a cape that says it doesn't break even said the same the month or more it was breakable lol but anyways the nmt was brought in-game i'm sure cuz ppl complained bout breaking items and thats what it protects it don't give u more exp or w/e when u wear it so its how u use it.so in other words its doing its job yet ppl now complain about it saying it makes the game too easy or it helps them beat me in a/d how unfair yet anyone no everyone can get one or has one ;P heh as i see it its doing its job now its getting overthrown for the same reason it was brought in-game how ironic don't u think?

well for one you realise this game is beta (yes i made this point already but some people obviously dont read) beta means this game is subject to change and we have to deal with that......

when something gets implememnted into this game sometimes it has some consequences that are over looked and wont show up for a year or more then the proper adjustments have to be made to restore ballance, thats what is happenng her

no one wants the Nmt to stop doing its job , we just need to create and exit ramp for them, they will still be a steady supply of them but they will just break now (everything should break)

Everybody and their dog has one, saw unnamed player in steel plate with NMT and CoL training on gargoyles ;)

Got mine the hard way, ~20-25k fluffys for 2 or 3 NMT (Can't remember :))

Anyways I voted yes - breakable.

I'm not worrying at all its just a game what will happen will happen but i bought a cape that says it doesn't break even said the same the month or more it was breakable

That is also a good point that needs to be addressed. Players bought NMT's knowing that the encyc said that the cape was unbreakable.

So if the cape is made breakable hasnt the cape been bought under false pretences and players should be refunded ? I Think Ent set the precedent himself when people complained that the Arti perk didnt do what it said it did in the encyc and he refunded PP.

Its not a moan or a flame.. just another point to the discussion

edit: spelling

Edited by conavar

I voted no.

If its breakable and drops are twice as frequent it will probably go at 100-200k.

That means only yeti fighters and those evil irl rich ppl can afford to use it.

For hundreds of other players it will be too expensive and they will eventually run outta gc.

I say if you don't want more nmt in game stop monsters droping it. Give some other rare drop instead or some extra gc - everybody would benefit not only those lucky few (too bad in not one of them :/).

I'm not worrying at all its just a game what will happen will happen but i bought a cape that says it doesn't break even said the same the month or more it was breakable

That is also a good point that needs to be addressed. Players bought NMT's knowing that the encyc said that the cape was unbreakable.

So if the cape is made breakable hasnt the cape been bought under false pretences and players should be refunded ? I Think Ent set the precedent himself when people complained that the Arti perk didnt do what it said it did in the encyc and he refunded PP.

BETA...BETA....BETA.......BETA.....BETA.....BETA..... ASK ASGNNY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU

I voted no.

If its breakable and drops are twice as frequent it will probably go at 100-200k.

For hundreds of other players it will be too expensive and they will eventually run outta gc.

I say if you don't want more nmt in game stop monsters droping it. Give some other rare drop instead or some extra gc - everybody would benefit not only those lucky few (too bad in not one of them :/).

IT WILL BE DISTRUBITED ON OTHER MONSTERS (too lazy to change caps lock) so other people will be getting also not only evil yeti ppl

Edited by mufossa

I voted no.

And the lucky people who get them as drops will not sell but keep them in storage for later use, when they break one.

I would at least.

What is the deal here y is ppl wanting it outta game like i said it hasn't took over the market thats y its price has went from 200-250 to 400-800k.Is it so bad cuz it protects armor that manuers make,we now have steel and titanium and cols in-game thx to beta but I'm sure no one wants it to break right unless u like throwing away 80k or more gc.But making it breakable may resolve so many in-game but whats the drop rate from monsters i just have a feeling we'll break our nmt and most our armor b4 getting another dropped and that may be the case,being forced to buy another from someone if they are even selling theres lol stopping a/d advancement hmm i don't like that outlook.And if its cuz everyone has one will they not be even more ingame?

BETA...BETA....BETA.......BETA.....BETA.....BETA..... ASK ASGNNY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU

yep beta game but Ent himself set the precendent when he refunded PP's IN A BETA GAME for the arti perk ? true or not

Everybody and their dog has one, saw unnamed player in steel plate with NMT and CoL training on gargoyles ;)

Solution: remove lupines from PL :)

Edited by Ermabwed

I Voted no, I explained why on the other thread, also I agree with Masterpiter, and there are also some other factors.

Edited by Vormavius

yep beta game but Ent himself set the precendent when he refunded PP's IN A BETA GAME for the arti perk ? true or not

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes he did, he showed how this is a beta game and things are subject to change, thank you for making my point

i think you dont understand the concept of beta with a reply like that

Edited by mufossa

There is a big difference between PP and GC - GC comes and goes - PP are there until reset with sometimes 100's of millions of xp at stake.

Edit:

Solution: remove lupines from PL tongue.gif

lol

PS @following post

- At the time of the refund I don't believe you could get PP back with removal stones

Edited by SinS

There is a big difference between PP and GC - GC comes and goes - PP are there until reset with sometimes 100's of millions of xp at stake.

gc can be pp with stones and hydro.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes he did, he showed how this is a beta game and things are subject to change, thank you for making my point

i think you dont understand the concept of beta with a reply like that

Yes and I dont think you understand the meaning of the word precedent with your reply. Mufo you have made some very good points in this thread but dont ruin it all just by saying the game is beta ( that isnt an answer) if you have got a constructive reasons apart from "beta" as to why players shouldnt be refunded then I would like to hear it..

And yes sins you make a good point but game decisions shouldnt be made upon gold cost etc.

note: and for those people who im sure with think this is moaning its not but without asking ALL the questions that need asking then no one can make an informed decision

hmm good point sins now lets say they are breakable and they ain't dropped like everyone says forcing a high stakes reset as many would say they'd do to not hassle with this breakable nmt deal,now all pkers know 7 pps are valuable and ask em if they have the perk now ;P,before all this there was a big thing bout pk being dead this will help that if we have to spend 7 pps for a nmt perk?so how is this a good idea again cuz as far as i know we are running into this blindly not knowing the future(if they are dropped like is said).

hmm good point sins now lets say they are breakable and they ain't dropped like everyone says forcing a high stakes reset as many would say they'd do to not hassle with this breakable nmt deal,now all pkers know 7 pps are valuable and ask em if they have the perk now ;P,before all this there was a big thing bout pk being dead this will help that if we have to spend 7 pps for a nmt perk?so how is this a good idea again cuz as far as i know we are running into this blindly not knowing the future(if they are dropped like is said).

please refer to page 6 post #119 levinmage makes a VERY good point about the impact this will have on PK

Actually I wasn't even aware that NMT perk was available again at the wraith until I just checked myself, it is a perk that I really enjoy to train on monsters at my levels - most of the time though I stick with augmented stuff as it works just fine for training. I am already planning another reset to take advantage of the hydro for nexus option so I can be an all rounder+fighter as I enjoy all aspects of the game and don't want to miss out. I personally am considering getting the actual perk now that it is available again.

That is how I think my style would change based on a breakable NMT anyways.

Although if more monsters drop the cape, I wouldn't be limited to fluffys to get one, because they are a pain once they ignore you :P

PS With increased yeti power is the ignore level also raised anyone know? (hopefully)

if you have got a constructive reasons apart from "beta" as to why players shouldnt be refunded then I would like to hear it..

well ok ill give it a shot....................

Entropy implemented something(the artificer perk) that didnt quite work the way he/players felt it should work (given the cost of pp ect..)

and being that this is a "beta" game he made the neccessary adjusments to ballance the problem which in this particualr situation called for pp reimbursment

much like in this situation Entropy and some of his experienced devs and mods feel this cape should be made to break (due to their extensive experience mabye we should stop and ask why)...

i seem to have missed youre point a bit..................if you buy a car is it still worth the same in a year NO , thats life and unfortunalty thats EL.................................do you think this is the first thing that will loose value in EL? lol not even close and it wont be the last I promise that

Btw i wouldnt have any problem with you guys being refunded (besides the fact thats its ridiculous) but im not some evil ittle man trying to fuck you out of youre gc :P

Edited by mufossa

Ok I got an IDea . LEts make Brods Cheaper, And SbOds Cheaper then we can start takin care of the NMT problem Whatcha thnk? Good idea right :P?