Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

I'd love to see the NMT capes made permanently breakable. Any item that comes into the game without a means to get it out of the game will create saturation. And don't tell me that the branch and mace are the means to get it out of the game. Entropy's already provided stats that contradict this claim.

correct me if I'm wrong but ain't the nmt been in the game for awhile now and iirc there was around 500 ingame and i know ent made them a rarer drop so every noob running around with them i don't think thats gonna happen i trained feros for 8-10 hrs a day killing near 500 or so and through all my training i've only got 1 drop including all the fluffs i killed never getting 1 from them,all i'm saying is i don't see another 500 or more coming ingame anytime soon due to rarity so 2000 or w/e ppl playing this game will not have nmts just don't see that happening

p.s send me numbers or facts cuz i started playing bout 8-9 months ago and the nmt was in-game then and to those that complain bout it being easy to lvl noobs a/d u can get one a train too can't you ;P,thats right u prolly already have one and don't want others to have ;o

I voted yes for breake beacuse when nmt and strong armor werent in game everyone trained honestly,now i see ppl that "train" in nmt and full steel/tit +col and some great sword wih 50 a/d on cyclops or fluffies.. i think when nmt will be breakable it will protect these ppl from killing monsters too above their level w/o any danger cuz armor dont break... and it will make ppl use NMT perk. (btw. i neither dont have nmt cape or perk :) but i dont really need it cuz for PK i dont need nmt and for training i can use cheap things....np for me)

I voted yes for breake beacuse when nmt and strong armor werent in game everyone trained honestly,now i see ppl that "train" in nmt and full steel/tit +col and some great sword wih 50 a/d on cyclops or fluffies.. i think when nmt will be breakable it will protect these ppl from killing monsters too above their level w/o any danger cuz armor dont break... and it will make ppl use NMT perk. (btw. i neither dont have nmt cape or perk :) but i dont really need it cuz for PK i dont need nmt and for training i can use cheap things....np for me)

If you are Marwen i remember...

I was training in the triple in melinis with full iron set or tit chain (without nmt and col )and u were training with nmt and col for months.

So plz dont tell me that u dont need or u dont use nmt.

Edited by agis29

im not old marwen...im maslicka,i got this char from marwen...dont say shits about me when you dont know who i am.

Edited by Maslicka

im not old marwen...im maslicka,i got this char from marwen...dont say shits about me when you dont know who i am.

Sorry but next time write ingame name Marwen's charbuyer cause i am not able to know every single charbuyer.

There r many times he is wrong too :)

geez for some reason piter is out to get me, everywhere i talk he is right behind me trying to beat me over the head, did i wrong you in some way? are u mabye mad i sold to luci ?

and empi it dosent matter why someone paid 1mill or what ever they paid for whatever item, the fact remains that they did .

Edited by mufossa

Sorry but next time write ingame name Marwen's charbuyer cause i am not able to know every single charbuyer.

lol :) if you think im charbuyer,think it,but use also brain...marwen is active on forums and said he has toomass and i have in my signature im marwen in game...its logical that +/- from that time marwen got toomass i got marwen...

Edited by Maslicka

but as u made the Nmts unbreakable before, No1 ever trained in it anyway, there must be some other

thats because they knew it would be unbreakable again in a week or two, now it would be permanent so they wouldnt be able to sit and wait

Well if we make the nmt breakable why not make rostos have a chance of not saving your items. NMT is to training as rosto is to pking.

lol this is a completley ridiclious comparision

::raises hand:: im char DEALER i buy and sell char and i never care if someone like you has problem with it..lmfao people call others char buy,......is that supposed to be an insult????

Edited by mufossa

but as u made the Nmts unbreakable before, No1 ever trained in it anyway, there must be some other

thats because they knew it would be unbreakable again in a week or two, now it would be permanent so they wouldnt be able to sit and wait

Well if we make the nmt breakable why not make rostos have a chance of not saving your items. NMT is to training as rosto is to pking.

lol this is a completley ridiclious comparision

::raises hand:: im char DEALER i buy and sell char and i never care if someone like you has problem with it..lmfao people call others char buy,......is that supposed to be an insult????

I guess a warning, don't trust a char if you don't know who play it.

I voted yes...:PPP

Well...after getting my first one and when realised what it was..i quite soon advertised to sell it for 1 mil gc.

But who the heck can make that money ingame to pay that real price it at least is worth. And if make it drop more...it spoils the meaning of its rarity. I have now used it maybe 7 montsh before and after my long break. And here list of about the items i have lost with it.Just multiply worth of them by 3 and u see it has already now been worth more than 1mil

tit shield totally 1

iron cuisses 1

s2e 1

Iron Plate mail 1

Iron greaves 1

Steel Helm 1

Iron helm 3

Unicorn 10

mol 2

Steel shield 16

Steel greaves 2

Steel cuisses 1

Col 1½½

Iron sword 6

titplate 1

tit chain 1

Branches 176..yes i have counted them sure..:)

Bones 29

aug pants 50

aug torso 10

leather shirt 2

So..if it would be breakable for example 1/40k then it would still save for example one tit plate damage and be worth 240k only by it.

At least bit easier for new players to get it for 200k than now. And there still wont be a lot of them to sell bcs everyone have to keep them in storage for own use later.

Anyway...5 pps more and I have natural nmt perk and then my nmt is free to be bought anyway..for 1 mil or 200kgc.:)

Edited by Ratman

I voted yes for breake beacuse when nmt and strong armor werent in game everyone trained honestly,now i see ppl that "train" in nmt and full steel/tit +col and some great sword wih 50 a/d on cyclops or fluffies.. i think when nmt will be breakable it will protect these ppl from killing monsters too above their level w/o any danger cuz armor dont break... and it will make ppl use NMT perk.

Cant see the logic in that arguement.. you said yourself it will make people use NMT perk. so if that is the case then they will still wear tit. armour etc and train above there levels no ?

On reading the full thread there are rights and wrongs on boths sides and i dont think its a simple YES/NO answer

a compromise needs to be made. not for any individual player but for the good of the game. wether this means making it degradable but fixable or OMG's idea or another one i dont know

edit: maybe Ent should make another poll stating differant kinds of ideas that coulb be used if NMT was made breakable. IMO more players would agree to make it breakable if it wasnt just a " break.. poof .... its gone " senario

Edited by conavar

i said w/o danger(risk...),if they will take NMT perk,it will cost them 7pps,im lazy to count it to gcs now,but its much,so stay training on stronger monsters with chance to destroy nmt cloak,or pay pps for perk,or train on weaker monsters.

i said w/o danger(risk...),if they will take NMT perk,it will cost them 7pps,im lazy to count it to gcs now,but its much,so stay training on stronger monsters with chance to destroy nmt cloak,or pay pps for perk,or train on weaker monsters.

well at current cost for nexus stone and hydro bars 7 pp costs 1,750$ or around 7 million gc

wouldnt the idea ohmygod suggested be the perfect solution? i meen if its only breakable when you die this would have effects that deal with most of the issues raised here, players would have to fight more carefully causing them to not fight above their level as much hence forcing them back where they belong. There is always going to be someone who will push their luck and die and lose their nmt hence removing more nmts from the game. Also because the fate of the cape would lie in your own hands for alot of people it would remain unbreakable because they are carefull not to die so i believe it would keep a high price tag. maybe there is pro's and cons to this idea that i have not thought of but at this time its seems to me to be a great solution, i liked Conavar's post and would like to see this being an option thats voted on.

wouldnt the idea ohmygod suggested be the perfect solution? i meen if its only breakable when you die this would have effects that deal with most of the issues raised here, players would have to fight more carefully causing them to not fight above their level as much hence forcing them back where they belong. There is always going to be someone who will push their luck and die and lose their nmt hence removing more nmts from the game. Also because the fate of the cape would lie in your own hands for alot of people it would remain unbreakable because they are carefull not to die so i believe it would keep a high price tag. maybe there is pro's and cons to this idea that i have not thought of but at this time its seems to me to be a great solution, i liked Conavar's post and would like to see this being an option thats voted on.

looter will all due respect, most people fight a fluffy for hours w/out a restock , and they take very little dammage, the odds that they will die are very small, so this isnt a logical solution imo

I voted yes that the NMT cape should be breakable, it is far to strong an item for its current cost. As was just pointed out by mufossa, there is a big difference in cost related to the perk and item. The NMT cape (and perk imho) makes it too easy for people to level a/d since they arent concerened about the cost of losing their items.

Right now, for younger players it is just a run for them to get enough gc for NMT, COL, and full steel, then it is a cakewalk from then on. I feel sad for the game that this is what a/d leveling has become reduced to. People now DO NOT have to balance out exp gain with cost of training unless there are unusual circumstances. And not only are younger players able to take advantage of this, older ones can as well by resetting down with low p/c and fighting lesser monsters than they should. I dont think Entropy intended for people to be training fluff or w/e at the current p/c's that people are now (which they are able to without worrying about cost of full tit/steel and COL b/c of NMT)

People have said that making NMT cape breakable or about reducing the benefit of the perk would make less pk, which I beg to differ. It would make more b/c forces people to actually use their pp into p/c, unless they want to pay tons of gold for cost of training monsters at inappropriate p/c's. This is the problem with not only NMT cape, but perk as well (although at least the perk is much more cost related at 7pp or ~6 million gc as was pointed out)

Edited by LevinMage

looter will all due respect, most people fight a fluffy for hours w/out a restock , and they take very little dammage, the odds that they will die are very small, so this isnt a logical solution imo

your right about some people (alot of people) but the shear number of death bags i have saved over the last 2 years tells me that alot of people do die too.. infact i have found and returned nmt's col's and titanium sets even though their is such a thing as rostogol they where daft enough to not use one, its that same stupidity that would make this work, maybe im wrong just my opinion.

People have said that making NMT cape breakable or about reducing the benefit of the perk would make less pk, which I beg to differ. It would make more b/c forces people to actually use their pp into p/c, unless they want to pay tons of gold for cost of training monsters at inappropriate p/c's.

i like this point :)

ain't it bad enough u lose a rosto when u die ;P besides what in all is bad about the nmt the way it is?ppl crying cuz they dunno how to train their bought chars or they dove into pk to early and don't get good exp for what they train on?so they don't want others to catch up or pass them in a/d when they have the same chance to train with a nmt too,or maybe they want it to break so others will spend 7 pps on perk thusfore taking away from p/c and i thought ppl wanted pk not to be dead?how can anyone compete against the ppl screaming pk w/o proper a/d/p/c hmm.....

p.s to those that might get offended,some u didn't buy ur char but u still might not train for some reason beyond me lol

p.s to those that might get offended,some u didn't buy ur char but u still might not train for some reason beyond me lol

hmm why should someone be offened that they bought a char? is it an insult to be a char buyer? i leveld 400+mill exp ona bought char and maintained #1 atk def and magic for a year

anyways...did you read the thread? their are MANY more reasons then the one you mentioned , many reasons better then the one you mentioned

:::to all char buyers good for you let them make fun of you, just remember you payed money that cost you a week to make for something that costed soemone a year or more to make, so i think you made a smart and logical deal, good for you:::::: dont hate the player hate the game

Edited by mufossa

ain't it bad enough u lose a rosto when u die ;P besides what in all is bad about the nmt the way it is?ppl crying cuz they dunno how to train their bought chars or they dove into pk to early and don't get good exp for what they train on?so they don't want others to catch up or pass them in a/d when they have the same chance to train with a nmt too,or maybe they want it to break so others will spend 7 pps on perk thusfore taking away from p/c and i thought ppl wanted pk not to be dead?how can anyone compete against the ppl screaming pk w/o proper a/d/p/c hmm.....

What is bad about NMT:

1) makes the game to easy

2) decrease pk since alot people of people train with low p/c with NMT. You seem confused and are comparing 7pp for perk with people having 40+ points not in p/c because they are fighting at a reduced level for what Ent. designed the monsters to need.

Do I care if others pass me in a/d? Not at all, as long as they actually put more work into than I did. I have never purchased a character in my life and I dont mind if others do. I find it very odd that so many people seem to care about and should dictate how other people should have fun playing a game. And I have only trained with NMT for about 2hrs total in my whole life. So I hope that wasnt directed at me.

Edited by LevinMage

did i make fun of a char buyer u take a noob buying a char set for pk u think he can train this char most ppl reset the chars they buy cuz they can't train them thats what i'm talking about and about mentioning good and bad about the nmt i just picked the most common reason ppl hate it or they are beating around the bush about cuz theres no real other reason to hate the nmt it protects ur armor u pay alot for and gives u motivation to train for hrs to pass ppl in a/d i guess i'd hate that too if i was a "pro" that wanted my rank to stay the same and someone playing 8-9 months is passing me cuz i don't train lol.

p.s no levinmage it was not directed at u but if i can say maybe ppl have fun training with one and there isn't much easy about gaining lvls when ur over the 100's nmt i guess helps but training 8-10 hrs. for 1 lvl hmm not easy considering most don't train that long.

Edited by Justin