Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

I voted no. If such a thing will happen i ll reset and i ll take the perk as many people did when it was brakable.

Making nmt breakable will help only those who train on yetis and can afford to buy tit plates.

All of us have problems with spawns. I saw a player training on fluffies with nmt perk-bp cape and tit long.

I didnt tell him anything cause i dont own spawns and its good to leave people enjoy the game. Even by training with bp capes :P

PS: I agree with the durability idea.Each time u die nmt can be degraded and protect your items less. If u die 5 times wearing it it should be destroyed or we wont be able to wear it unless we repair it to a crafter or an engineer or by paying to an npc.

Also nmt can be used in some new god quests that would provide additional exp.

Edited by agis29

I only make these suggestions because i know that nmt will stay in game forever if not a chance other than acid rain and brod/mace to take them out.

I have many monster drop books already in store with no means to get rid of them except leave in bag and let them poof, wouldnt want same for nmt in months years to come.

well if something isnt done about these cloaks soon this is surely their fate

i voted no but if they could be made to break only in the event of death like mufossa suggested i could live with that and i think others who voted no would consider a yes to that too.

i voted no but if they could be made to break only in the event of death like mufossa suggested i could live with that and i think others who voted no would consider a yes to that too.

ohmygod actually suggested it

But would rostogol affect that?

Voted no, since I dislike the idea of it being breakable, despite the fact that I realise they will need some way of being take out of the game in a natural course of playing. I do however like the suggestion of them beign used as a God Quest item. But it would have to be a very big bonus of some kind to be worth the current value of nmt.

Perhaps a change to the harvester of sorrows perk to take the nmt instead of the 100kgc fee would also work? Or some other form of perk that is in planning may also utilise the removal of an nmt if the resulting perk given is of sufficient value?

- PYE

But would rostogol affect that?

Voted no, since I dislike the idea of it being breakable, despite the fact that I realise they will need some way of being take out of the game in a natural course of playing. I do however like the suggestion of them beign used as a God Quest item. But it would have to be a very big bonus of some kind to be worth the current value of nmt.

Perhaps a change to the harvester of sorrows perk to take the nmt instead of the 100kgc fee would also work? Or some other form of perk that is in planning may also utilise the removal of an nmt if the resulting perk given is of sufficient value?

- PYE

mabye a new neg perk "more tears" +6pp and now all your items have a 1/4 greater chance to break requires a nmt cloak and 100k and you cannot wear a nmt cloak if you have this perk (or you could wear one but it would become degradable) Edited by mufossa

Yes, it's going to be used in a god quest, but the problem is that even this is not a permanent solution. The other solution, which is in place right now, is to just reduce their rate a lot.

Yes, it's going to be used in a god quest, but the problem is that even this is not a permanent solution. The other solution, which is in place right now, is to just reduce their rate a lot.

even if you reduce their rate alot i dont think it will have the impact that is neccessary....

they are going to have to be made breakable (sooner or later) it is the only way to ballance this situation

Edited by mufossa

even if you reduce their rate alot i dont think it will have the impact that is neccessary....

they are going to have to be made breakable (sooner or later) it is the only way to ballance this situation

There is another solution. Get the red cape back the original break rate it had. Its being over used and now Breanch of destruction is almost never used because of it.

When the people complained it broke too fast I think they just should have been told "would you rather get hit by branch?" instead of reducing the break rate so much. Just think how many more nmt's would have been destroyed if red cape was not in game :P

I voted yes, make it break. I feel it is better for the game as a whole if it breaks, although I as an individual would not like it to break. I do not see it being worth anything very soon if something is not done. I like the ideas on the chance of it breaking if you die or even it degrading and needing repaired is a good idea as well. Just my 2 cents.

~EvilShiva

but if it stops now the money u gain on every type of creature should dramatically increase to make up for the difference, otherwise a/d is just less profitable in general than before.

why should training a/d be profitable? when i goto gym they dont pay me to train. i pay them.

I voted yes, make it breakable. I feel it is better for the game as a whole if it breaks, although I as an individual would not like it to break. I do not see it being worth anything very soon if something is not done. I like the ideas on the chance of it breaking if you die or even it degrading and needing repaired is a good idea as well. Just my 2 cents.

~EvilShiva

yes the idea of it becoming degradeable is very good, it will cause more ppl to actually use. when it was breakable before, no one used bc it cost more than the armors ur protecting. im sure more people would use if there were a chance to repair. maybe a seamstress ncp to repair degraded cloaks is in order :D

Edited by Quim

I voted yes, make it breakable. I feel it is better for the game as a whole if it breaks, although I as an individual would not like it to break. I do not see it being worth anything very soon if something is not done. I like the ideas on the chance of it breaking if you die or even it degrading and needing repaired is a good idea as well. Just my 2 cents.

~EvilShiva

yes the idea of it becoming degradeable is very good, it will cause more ppl to actually use. when it was breakable before, no one used bc it cost more than the armors ur protecting. im sure more people would use if there were a chance to repair. maybe a seamstress ncp to repair degraded cloaks is in order :D

good idea :D

and being able to use the seamstress npc could be part of quest like leather quest. one task to complete quest costs nmt? lol every 1 hate me

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?

When i got my first COL i payed 100kgc for it. A couple months later i got another for some 40-45kgc by providing items and gc to someone that could craft one.

I have also read of insane prices for Iron Plate Armor and Titanium Serpent Sword a couple years back.

It's the same in RL, buy a computer today and sell it 6 months from now, let me know how much of your investment you got back from it.

What makes this game interesting for some people like me is not being able to predict how the game will be in a couple months, unlike other games that have fixed prices, settle number of items, permanent items/creatures characteristics that you know exactly what to do when you get the level for it.

This is the most interesting game i have found in the last couple years, community chat and constant changes help.

PS: why would a n00b work 2 months at PL lupine bush to get a 400kgc item when he can't afford a rostogol stone?

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?

When i got my first COL i payed 100kgc for it. A couple months later i got another for some 40-45kgc by providing items and gc to someone that could craft one.

I have also read of insane prices for Iron Plate Armor and Titanium Serpent Sword a couple years back.

It's the same in RL, buy a computer today and sell it 6 months from now, let me know how much of your investment you got back from it.

What makes this game interesting for some people like me is not being able to predict how the game will be in a couple months, unlike other games that have fixed prices, settle number of items, permanent items/creatures characteristics that you know exactly what to do when you get the level for it.

This is the most interesting game i have found in the last couple years, community chat and constant changes help.

PS: why would a n00b work 2 months at PL lupine bush to get a 400kgc item when he can't afford a rostogol stone?

yup what this guy said

remember this is a beta game..you cannot expect things to stay as they are........little things (and big things) need to be tweaked untill ballance is achieved

Edited by mufossa

I didn't vote because I'm not a fighter but let me say this as a player who's been playing for over 3 years now:

Every proposed change that makes its way into the game comes with a great deal of panic by the player base. A fraction of those players offer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. The majority are doom sayers. And yet the game goes on. Players adapt and find new (and often more efficient) tactics, making the game an evolution.

Also be aware that many of the game updates this year have mentioned tweaking of break rates and drop rates. Developers do watch these things and work to keep some level of control over any explosive (good or bad) situations from arising.

So before you simply vote "No" - think about it. If it does come to play, how can you make it work towards your advantage. It may look bad at a first glance, but you'll probably be better off in the long run.

is it 1/40k with the effect or without?

come to think of it if nmt comes out one each day, it wouldnt suit everyone anyway.

but then it's also great to have investment bonds rise and fall.

btw i have not been able to decide my vote yet since there hasnt been enough debates.

Sund

is it 1/40k with the effect or without?

come to think of it if nmt comes out one each day, it wouldnt suit everyone anyway.

but then it's also great to have investment bonds rise and fall.

btw i have not been able to decide my vote yet since there hasnt been enough debates.

Sund

im glad to see you will actually give this some research before clicking :D ill be interested to see what u deciede, ill be looking foward to a explanation as to how you came to a decision also

after reading all the good reason i think i want to change my vote to yes make it breakable, noobs these days are catching up to people that played for 2 or more years and worked their asses off because of nmt's. I think it shouldn't be in game at all. It's another way to make noobs stronger and gain lvl's very quickly.