Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

NMT must be breakable to get it out of game. Shouldnt a arti cape break too then, since I doubt anyone loses one, or get it broken in pk/training.

Um... no. The arti cape has no perk to get instead of the cloak and requires a 10 human nexus to wear. It is therefore nothing like any other cloak in the game. There is no reason to make it breakable due to the requirements needed to wear it. Not everyone in game is going to get 10 human nexus so that they can wear it. Artificer capes are more rare than NMT, not replaceable with a perk and require 10 human nexus there is no danger of them flooding the market the way NMT will. NMT can be used by anyone and the monsters that drop them have reasonably fast respawn times.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

NMT must be breakable to get it out of game. Shouldnt a arti cape break too then, since I doubt anyone loses one, or get it broken in pk/training.

Um... no. The arti cape has no perk to get instead of the cloak and requires a 10 human nexus to wear. It is therefore nothing like any other cloak in the game. There is no reason to make it breakable due to the requirements needed to wear it. Not everyone in game is going to get 10 human nexus so that they can wear it. Artificer capes are more rare than NMT, not replaceable with a perk and require 10 human nexus there is no danger of them flooding the market the way NMT will. NMT can be used by anyone and the monsters that drop them have reasonably fast respawn times.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

If you don't know :

I got 2 arti capes in less than 30 min, was hard to sell only few want to take 10 human.

I heard other had problems getting them sold.

Both fluffs and yeti drop them. Fluffs respawn fast. So not as rare as you think.

Edited by Zamirah

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

I found 3 artificer capes already. I noticed you said 3 times the same thing in your post. And Arti will get less rare and less rare, same as nmt when it doesn't break?! That 10 human, WILL flood the market. Because not everyone wants to spend 10 on human, but in a while when we got hydro plate... everyone will need 10 human nexus.

P.S. There was a arti perk, but it removed, it costed mroe than 3-5 pp's iirc, but since a cape was introduced, no point in that perk anymore. Eventually everyone will have a arti cape anyway.

Edited by Manderijn

Guest ohmygod
If you don't know :

I got 2 arti capes in less than 30 min,

Yes but you are always with good luck,

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

I found 3 artificer capes already. I noticed you said 3 times the same thing in your post. And Arti will get less rare and less rare, same as nmt when it doesn't break?! That 10 human, WILL flood the market. Because not everyone wants to spend 10 on human, but in a while when we got hydro plate... everyone will need 10 human nexus.

And why should I fighter with 10 human nexus want an artificer cape ???

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Did I say you do...? If I did, Im so sorry!

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Oh, you think a crafter will want to use hydro plate ?? :P

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Oh, you think a crafter will want to use hydro plate ?? :P

Problably yes.

I found 3 artificer capes already....

Which character?

I see a Manderijn often at lupines, but I doubt he can kills fluffies... so I don't understand

i find it interesting how so many of you care so much about the game and thats your reason for wanting the cape breakable and everyone else who voted no must be so selfish for wanting it not breakable.

yet those same people where all for it when the hydro nexus and removal stones was introduced, where was your care for of the game at that time ? people now buy stats upsetting game ballance far more than nmt ever could but instead of careing about the game at that time most of you thought only of yourselves ..true.. no?

the reason i voted no is simple, its because i fail to see the big deal i think the MASSIVE NEGATIVE EFFECT of it being unbreakable is being totally over dramatised by some people here. i am also offended by remarks repeatedly stated here that those who voted no are all selfish and do not care about the game, this is bull crap and a lame way to try and sway the pole in your favour.

Am i saying this because im so selfish that i dont want to break my cape ? NO i traded my cape over a week ago and took the perk a few days before this or the other thread was created. i voted no because i care about the game and those that own one. As i said the cape does not have as massive effect as you are making out. I also think that the cape has the opposite effect in some ways as to what your making out as it makes the game more fun for alot of people, it gave hard working players something to look forward to and something to work for, an item to be proud they had, an item to be usefull not to mention the options to be able to use other armours weps and crowns ect and feel the same about those items too. so yes i care about the game, i also care about the community and thats why i voted no not because im selfish, why does every item have to be breakable ? it doesnt matter so long as it has an exit. Look at games like guild wars and you will see they have over a million players and none of the items are breakable at all ! so one damned item in el will not bring doomsday i assure you.

Sure i agree with one thing and that is that one way or another the cape does have to exit the game, this does not have to meen they have to be breakable. Many other options are available and im sure entropy and his genius can come up with even more ways not mentioned. Quiet a few people who voted no including myself have already stated that they would vote yes on some of the other options but this poll does not take that into account. not every one has to post why they voted yes or no you know, and its a bloody good job they didnt because this thread would be 50 plus pages by now (20 of those posted by TC :P ) making this thread unreadable to alot of people. in some respect it already is. It must be a nightmare for such as entropy to read and decide taking all opinions into account because pages and pages are the same few people quoting and stating there same opinions over and over again in a bid to get their own way i think thats a selfish thing to do myself.

I know ... lets make a thread complaining about every little thing in game huh? lets get enriched essence out of the game because high level players use them and noobs cant, lets make excavator breakable while harvestin, lets make arti cape breakable while mixing, lets find a way to break all other capes while in use, lets take lupines out of the game and get rid of the flower shops, lets get rid of hydro bars and removal stones.. *more BLAH BLAH HERE* what im saying is every item in game as its possitives and negative and if someone wants to have a cry about all these things and get their own way there would be nothing left... sorry for going on one but i do respect opinions on both sides of the arguement but that doesnt meen i have to agree with them.

it is one cape, a very nice cape at that, dont go ruining a good thing, yeh thats right to MOST players a damned good thing

P.S. imo a certain person here is only trying to score BROWNY points with entropy, had entropy said at the bigining that he wanted it to stay unbreakle i would put $$'s on it that that person would be arguing on the opposite side... aint that selfish?

I found 3 artificer capes already....

Which character?

I see a Manderijn often at lupines, but I doubt he can kills fluffies... so I don't understand

Mango, which is my original char btw.

P.S. imo a certain person here is only trying to score BROWNY points with entropy, had entropy said at the bigining that he wanted it to stay unbreakle i would put $$'s on it that that person would be arguing on the opposite side... aint that selfish?

I have been accused of being a cheerleader once in this thread already LOOTER. If you think I am trying to score brownie points with Entropy then you are an idiot. I am the one of the first ones to start supporting Conavar's idea once he cleared up wanting all of the stuff he said done. I also posted and stated directly that the ideas for getting them out of the game would solve the problem without making them breakable. I stated that the poll was too limited because of this. So how much money are you paying out?

In case you missed it Entropy is the one who suggested they be breakable. He said there is a problem. Why would he go through all of the effort you are saying it takes to go through all of the posts in a poll he made if he did not really think there was a problem? Are you saying Entropy just kills time making up polls that he is going to have to read through just to kill time? I faced off against Entropy on changing the restoration spell and it was something he REALLY wanted to happen. I helped make sure that it didn't. You can believe what you want but it is obvious to anyone with a brain that all of my posts are well thought out and well reasoned and do not have any kind of cheer leading or brown nosing involved.

We are discussing making the cloaks breakable because Entropy says they need to go out of the game and he is right. There have been several alternatives offered here which most people I think see as good options instead of making them breakable. I support those alternatives because it is good for the game. I support making the cloaks breakable if those alternatives do not work. The game comes first.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

PS My tolerance stops when others start treading on someone else. I have proven that I open minded about other peoples ideas. I have proven that I don't have a problem with people who disagree with me. I have proven that I do have a problem with people who have situational ethics and with people who choose to ignore inconvenient facts when it suits there needs.

In case you missed it Entropy is the one who suggested they be breakable. He said there is a problem. Why would he go through all of the effort you are saying it takes to go through all of the posts in a poll he made if he did not really think there was a problem?

i will only quote this cuz else i start to flame if i see all the bull**** u write :bow_arrow:

IF entropy thinks something is DRAMATICALLY wrong.. he just changes it in another game update, and doesnt make a poll where he lets players decide roflol.

and about looter beeing an idiot... no, hes just another person who doesnt agree with all those things you said, like i think many many many other ppl do so too :P

I have been accused of being a cheerleader once in this thread already LOOTER. If you think I am trying to score brownie points with Entropy then you are an idiot.

you are the one that said those that voted no are selfish, you are the one that said those who voted no should quit el, you are the one that admitted you agree with everything entropy says in most threads, you are the one that cant stop posting your same thoughts over and over, you are the one that said everyone who post here should be voting yes, there was no need to say these things everyone has a right to vote or not same as everyone has a right to post their opinion or not .. and im an idiot? im not going to let this turn to flame again so i will shut up but some of what you said i found offensive, im not the only one.

Are you saying Entropy just kills time making up polls that he is going to have to read through just to kill time? You can believe what you want but it is obvious to anyone with a brain that all of my posts are well thought out and well reasoned and do not have any kind of cheer leading or brown nosing involved.

We are discussing making the cloaks breakable because Entropy says they need to go out of the game and he is right.

You call all us brainless people. You rewrite what people said into something that you want to read. And you agree that capes need a way out of game, but you don't want Artificer Cape to be able to leave game.

And you write in your own post, that all your posts are well thought out.

:bow_arrow::P:P:omg::omg:

In case you missed it Entropy is the one who suggested they be breakable. He said there is a problem. Why would he go through all of the effort you are saying it takes to go through all of the posts in a poll he made if he did not really think there was a problem?

i will only quote this cuz else i start to flame if i see all the bull**** u write :bow_arrow:

IF entropy thinks something is DRAMATICALLY wrong.. he just changes it in another game update, and doesnt make a poll where he lets players decide roflol.

and about looter beeing an idiot... no, hes just another person who doesnt agree with all those things you said, like i think many many many other ppl do so too :P

You are once again trying to put words into my mouth. I did not say Entropy thought it was DRAMATICALLY wrong I said it was obvious he thought it was enough of a problem to deserve his attention.

I told LOOTER "If you think I am trying to score brownie points with Entropy then you are an idiot." which is the truth. It has nothing to do with whether he agrees or disagrees with me. I did not say anything about his opinion of the topic in my post. I said he was displacing responsibility for wanting the cloaks to break and accusing me of brown nosing Entropy. I am right and you are wrong.

There were many, many, many people who disagreed with me on cooldown and restoration too. This game is usually evenly divided on almost all major changes. I was not worried that people disagreed with me on cooldown or restoration and I am not worried about people not agreeing with me on this topic. I am trying help the game just like I always do.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Are you saying Entropy just kills time making up polls that he is going to have to read through just to kill time? You can believe what you want but it is obvious to anyone with a brain that all of my posts are well thought out and well reasoned and do not have any kind of cheer leading or brown nosing involved.

We are discussing making the cloaks breakable because Entropy says they need to go out of the game and he is right.

You call all us brainless people. You rewrite what people said into something that you want to read. And you agree that capes need a way out of game, but you don't want Artificer Cape to be able to leave game.

And you write in your own post, that all your posts are well thought out.

:bow_arrow::P:P:omg::omg:

I think the artificer cape is a bigger problem than NMT, NMT can be brodded or lost if you die without rost and the bag poof, only way an artificer cape can leave the game is acid rain. So the price will go down and down.

guys lets get back on topic and stick to the matter at hand , mabye we can make a excavator/arti/everyother item ingame poll next time.... what do you think about the Nmt???

and yes im guilty of going off topic also, but enough is enough

Edited by mufossa

I have been accused of being a cheerleader once in this thread already LOOTER. If you think I am trying to score brownie points with Entropy then you are an idiot.

you are the one that said those that voted no are selfish,

I said those who voted no just because they don't want their leveling to be more expensive or slower without consideration for the problem that not breaking will cause are selfish. They are.

you are the one that said those who voted no should quit el,

I said those who refuse to accept change should leave the game. If you cannot handle the game changing you shouldn't be here. It is a beta game.

you are the one that admitted you agree with everything entropy says in most threads,

Most of what Entropy comes up with is a good idea. It is his game and he has a good view on how to make it better. Imagine that.

you are the one that cant stop posting your same thoughts over and over,

I am posting the stuff that people ignore because they do not want to face the whole issue since the whole issue goes against the way they want to vote.

you are the one that said everyone who post here should be voting yes,

Everyone should be voting yes because the capes need to get out of the game. The ideas for getting the cloaks out of the game can work but one or the other has to happen.

there was no need to say these things everyone has a right to vote or not same as everyone has a right to post their opinion or not..

Everyone has a right to vote and post their opinion or not as they choose. If they do choose to vote and post however then they have to understand that their motives are going to be questioned because big changes to the game effect its future. If you are doing things that effect others you are responsible for the results of your actions.

and im an idiot? im not going to let this turn to flame again so i will shut up but some of what you said i found offensive, im not the only one.

You are an idiot if you think I am a suck up to Entropy. I have proven that I am not a puppet or anything of the sort. I am well aware that some of what I say offends people. I am also aware that some peoples' behavior in this game offends me greatly. The way people scream and whine about Entropy's changes even when he says it is a trial run is absolutely appalling. I cannot even begin to comprehend how some of the people in this game can be so self centered that they won't even give Entropy's ideas a trial run. I am greatly offended by people who say they do not want the game to change. The ones who say everything is fine the way it is. The game is in freaking development and maybe half done how does anyone half the right to tell Entropy to stop changing the game?

Sometimes I let myself get very upset about the way people treat this game as if it were there own. Entropy asks for our opinions as a test for what real players will want when the game is finished. We are in fact however just testers no matter what server we are on. We should be glad we have the opportunity not angry we don't get everything we want.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Hopefully my last post will end the personal attacks on me and we can get back to the topic which is only cloak and that is the NMT.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

A player from the kotr guild suggested in the past that there should be a section for flamewars. I think he was right cause all of us sometimes overeacting.

Nice update btw :huh:

Debate has about died a death I would say.

Think everyone has made there points one way or the other ( been interesting if nothing else )

A few observations from reading 22 pages of "discussion"...

The original poll is inconclusive because it did not provide enough options. I believe there may be a majority that feel the NMT needs an exit from the game, but many of those people do not feel that exit should be by breaking them.

I do find it interesting that market prices have been doing the opposite of what people in this thread state will happen. NMT capes were running around 200K when I got mine, and recently have been around 400K. There's been a slight dip in the last couple days, but frankly I think that's an artificial dip due to the threat of breakability this thread presents.

But I do agree that supply/demand will eventually cause a price reduction. But that's trivial to address without the need to break them. Pick a price point, have an NPC buy them for that price, and you've created a fixed demand that will never allow the price to go to low. The price may go higher (if there's more demand than supply) but it would never go lower than the NPC price.

Of course there are other non-destructive ways to remove NMTs from the game that others have suggested (like being part of a quest). These too would tend to create a lower limit on the cape's value.

The bottom line is that this is an easy problem to solve (without creating any player unrest).

• Protect people's investment by keeping NMTs unbreakable.
  • Set their lower value limit (and provide an exit from the game) with an NPC that buys them.
  • Adjust their upper value by fine-tuning the drop rate (supply/demand).

While I voted no for making them breakable, I would support a solution like the above and being good for both players and the game in general.

Chims have now 250 health. Same toughness and a/d i think. I lost a rosto cause i was doubleteamed and instead of alt -f4 i hit different buttons on the keyboard.(for restoration). Exp is 20k-25k more per hour now and they drop eme's. Not bad i would i say..

Guest ohmygod

Chims have now 250 health. Same toughness and a/d i think. I lost a rosto cause i was doubleteamed and instead of alt -f4 i hit different buttons on the keyboard.(for restoration). Exp is 20k-25k more per hour now and they drop eme's. Not bad i would i say..

Wondered what new drop they had. Nice.