Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

I still don't see why there has to be an exit for nmt...but that's another matter.

A possible solution is to combine kidberg's idea with nmt as a god quest to provide additional % to attack/def bonus. In short, nmt can be traded for 1 nexus or traded to mortos/aluwen priests for discipleship level 6(or would it be 7?) = 25%(?) bonus.

Now, here's a third idea:

Use nmt as a peace offering from mortos/aluwen to the other, allowing people to serve both.

With those 3 choices, fighters have some serious choices to make...and nmt's fly out of the game.

And 50 hydro bars are cake to make lol Anyone who plays the game that has the nexus and a partner to gather ingreds and suck can make 100 hydro bars a week Easy.

agreed, ive done it in less than a week

So, you've harvested the:

57,000 Red Snapdragons

57,000 Red Roses

57,000 Sulfur

86,400 Coal

142,000 Iron Ore

Necessary to make the:

57,000 Fire Essence

2,000 Iron Bars

16,000 Steel Bars

Necessary to make the:

1,000 Steel Two Edge Swords

Necessary to harvest the:

1,000 Hydrogenium Ore

That is finally needed to make:

100 Hydrogenium Bars

And you did all this in a week?

Harvest time with excavator perk:

Snaps: approx 240/min (~3.95 hours)

Roses: approx 120/min (~7.9 hrs)

Sulfur: approx 60/min (~15.8 hrs)

Coal: approx 60/min (~24 hrs)

Iron: approx 60/min (~39.4 hrs)

Total harvest time: ~91 hrs

This is not taking into account mixing time, or acquiring the proper necessary food to mix all of the above. Or the time necessary to haul all 1000 s2e's to the hydro at ~30 per trip (30+ trips). In short, for two people to accomplish this in a week, it's more than a full time job (40 hours/week) for most people.

Or do you mean that you purchased some of the necessary items in their already made or harvested form.

edit: It should also be noted that the above does not include room for any failures. Each failure would mean more time.

i deeply thank you for youre figures , i did 500 hydro bars all alone from scratch i feel youre pain , i didnt keep such impeckable records though

How does that cut the cost? Someone can buy gc and buy hydro bars as easy as they can buy a nmt.........

And as i said, with nmts going down in quantity....price rises to 500k, same as hydro bars, and nowadays hydro bars arent 10k anyways, so nmt is around the same......

You cannot buy hydro or hydro bars from the shop so they have to be made. Entropy will have to believe that getting a NMT is just as hard as making 50 hydro bars in order to make that change. I am not sure about how that is viewed by Entropy or anyone else because the drop rates have changed. I do know that making 50 hydro bars takes a very large amount of work. That would be Entropy's decision of course. That would be a way to get them out of the game. If Entropy left them at current drop rates and you add this idea to them being branched then maybe it would level out there numbers in game. The price would go up dramatically but I don't hear anyone complaining about it costing too much. lol

As new players enter the game and buying free pick points becomes more common this might work except that no one can afford it. I would suggest that this idea combine with multiplay to add more gold coin to the economy would make a possibly workable idea. I don't think this idea alone will work because the price of NMT will go past the cost of the hydro bars rapidly if they get used for this and then no one will do it.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

im sorry TC but this idea will deal a crushing blow to the economy .....it takes a team of people working hard to make hydro bars....which keeps people busy ...would you trade that for ONE persons drop nmt cloak?????

the heafty use of hydro bars fuels our economy (it benifits /harvestors /manuers/ alch..ect...)

i dont think ent will EVER do that

*note* i know this wasent youre idea tc i just happend to click add reply here

And 50 hydro bars are cake to make lol Anyone who plays the game that has the nexus and a partner to gather ingreds and suck can make 100 hydro bars a week Easy.

agreed, ive done it in less than a week

So, you've harvested the:

57,000 Red Snapdragons

57,000 Red Roses

57,000 Sulfur

86,400 Coal

142,000 Iron Ore

Necessary to make the:

57,000 Fire Essence

2,000 Iron Bars

16,000 Steel Bars

Necessary to make the:

1,000 Steel Two Edge Swords

Necessary to harvest the:

1,000 Hydrogenium Ore

That is finally needed to make:

100 Hydrogenium Bars

And you did all this in a week?

Harvest time with excavator perk:

Snaps: approx 240/min (~3.95 hours)

Roses: approx 120/min (~7.9 hrs)

Sulfur: approx 60/min (~15.8 hrs)

Coal: approx 60/min (~24 hrs)

Iron: approx 60/min (~39.4 hrs)

Total harvest time: ~91 hrs

This is not taking into account mixing time, or acquiring the proper necessary food to mix all of the above. Or the time necessary to haul all 1000 s2e's to the hydro at ~30 per trip (30+ trips). In short, for two people to accomplish this in a week, it's more than a full time job (40 hours/week) for most people.

Or do you mean that you purchased some of the necessary items in their already made or harvested form.

edit: It should also be noted that the above does not include room for any failures. Each failure would mean more time.

i deeply thank you for youre figures , i did 500 hydro bars all alone from scratch i feel youre pain , i didnt keep such impeckable records though

Well its not my fault u guys suck at makin bars lol. IN MY OPINION IT IS EASY IS THAT BETTER>? when u harvest..and have a partner that devotes alotta time to EL its easy IN MY OPINION. Im Sry OMG DiD anyone Rly give a crap about the figures? more time devoted to figures than the actual game. Im sorry maybe its easy to me because im not on forums 24/7 arguing about how hard it is im Just doing it instead.

Use nmt as a peace offering from mortos/aluwen to the other, allowing people to serve both.

personally i would love this idea...But i think it would render godless perk useless and give Fighters a WAY too big advantage in a/d and oa leveling

Edited by mufossa

If you think a unbreakable item shouldnt be ingame. What about eventually, getting 500 hydro bars+stone, will be faster as getting a oa lvl. That should not be ingame neither I think.

Just a note, I aint gonna read all the stories you telling eachother.

omg mufo ur crackin me up, scrambling to find every excuse u can to to get these things breakable.

hydro bars would still go on as normal....nmts drop RARELY...get that word too? RARELY...its not like everyone could pay for pps with a NMT....other people would rather make the bars themselves and use them...some people want to use NMT...its a damn way to rid some of these things...now u make it sound like the whole f****** world is going to end b/c of it. the economy will remain fine, plenty of people will still do hydro bar conversions.

Why doesn't this debate apply to:

Excavator Cloaks

Conjurer Cloaks? etc?

I have yet to break my excavator cloak, and it has depleted the EL economy by allowing me

to mine at a fast rate and I didn't have to spend 5 pickpoints?

Shall I go on? Why its the A\D leveling cloak needs to break but the harvester one doesn't ?

:P:D

Excavator Cloaks

Conjurer Cloaks? etc?

I have yet to break my excavator cloak, and it has depleted the EL economy by allowing me

Shall I go on? Why its the A\D leveling cloak needs to break but the harvester one doesn't ?

i broke an excavotr b4 i went into kf with that + pick axe and got attacked it broke also they are 2900gc or something like that so eventuallythats the price of a Nmt cloak? no?

Excavator Cloaks

Conjurer Cloaks? etc?

It's because those who cant afford it want a chance to get one themselves. They do not want to work for it.

so freaking what if it costs 2900gc that means everyone is at the same level playing field on leveling. You have the oppurtunity to buy a nmt whether you choose to or not thats ur thing. so dont get upset because joenub gets an nmt and trains on a spawn and passes you in rankings, just because you didnt think of doing it yourself or didnt want to put the effort into mining enough ore to buy an nmt.

omg mufo ur crackin me up, scrambling to find every excuse u can to to get these things breakable.

hydro bars would still go on as normal....nmts drop RARELY...get that word too? RARELY...its not like everyone could pay for pps with a NMT....other people would rather make the bars themselves and use them...some people want to use NMT...its a damn way to rid some of these things...now u make it sound like the whole f****** world is going to end b/c of it. the economy will remain fine, plenty of people will still do hydro bar conversions.

and youre scrambling to find every excuse to NOT make them break lol

..we arent very different, we just have different views, no? remember i dont have a a/d char i have nothing to loose or gain ..

im just an experienced player who cares for the future of trhis game i dedicated years of life into it ....and other have been here twice as long as i...

i havent found and OLD experienced player who didnt want it to be degradable..and they dont have big a/d at stake so thats not the reason..they know whats best for the game is all

By the same system, We need to make everything breakable. Mother Nature events need to

break exc cloaks. Summoning needs to break Conj Cloaks. etc

Edited by robotbob

Excavator Cloaks

Conjurer Cloaks? etc?

i broke an excavotr b4 i went into kf with that + pick axe and got attacked it broke also they are 2900gc or something like that so eventuallythats the price of a Nmt cloak? no?

well they are breakable thats how...youre the one who brought them up anyways not me bob

so freaking what if it costs 2900gc that means everyone is at the same level playing field on leveling. You have the oppurtunity to buy a nmt whether you choose to or not thats ur thing. so dont get upset because joenub gets an nmt and trains on a spawn and passes you in rankings, just because you didnt think of doing it yourself or didnt want to put the effort into mining enough ore to buy an nmt.

lol you symbolize 80% percent of the people who didnt read this thread ..youre their spokesmen

Can you break an exc cloak through their normal use? If an event can break an NMT during its normal use

why not break exc cloaks during mining?

Edited by robotbob

Also making NMT's breakable doesn't nessasarily mean the game will be better, it gives something for ppl to work for, also if you want fast a/d lvling take the time to make the money for a cape, then u can enjoy having one and not complain that its not affordable

Thanks again for staying on topic and not starting personal flame wars here.

About quoting, when the quote itself is longer than the reply you post, those posts go bye bye too.

Just dont give us that BS of page long quotes and only a few words of reply anymore, its annoying to read.

Oh, yes, caring about proper closed quote tags would be appreciated too :)

Piper

personally i would love this idea...But i think it would render godless perk useless and give Fighters a WAY too big advantage in a/d and oa leveling

I disagree. It's not like everyone has 2 nmt's now...and if the drop rate is further reduced, not a great many will soon have more than one. Most will use the one they have as protection. Many if not most who find them already have godless perk for the 8 pp's, so using it as a peace offering will entail resetting, which many may be reluctant to do. In addition, there are the other nmt options to consider...as *well* as the possibility of selling it for a huge amount of gc. If entropy wants "dynamism," then this solution provides a great deal of it. It seems to me that it will make everyone happy *and* enhance the game a great deal.

However, perhaps the peace offering idea does carry too much "power." Perhaps a limit on the exp bonus would be appropriate? As in, you can only achieve discipleship level 4 if you serve *both* mortos and aluwen?

However, perhaps the peace offering idea does carry too much "power." Perhaps a limit on the exp bonus would be appropriate? As in, you can only achieve discipleship level 4 if you serve *both* mortos and aluwen?

listen i love the idea dont get me wrong but as it is a player with a magic god and an attack god gets a lot of extra exp when they train

if you now add another 20% exp and a chance to have both an defense and attack blessing the advantage is way tooo big ,i imagine thats why such a combination wasent permited in the first place,

but mabye this last statement could help, but still i dunno if it would create the exit that entropy is looking for

Edited by mufossa

Hi all Icy here.

I just wanted to say i like sufi's idea about the peace offering between the attack and defense god's.

But that is beside the point and not why i am posting, I am posting because this has gotten so far off the original topic. Ent made a simple poll and ask if we like his idea, But this has turned into so much more i would like to see this get back on topic. Now that i have seen Ent's idea along with some of the post i do agree that the NMT cloak does need to be made breakable there is just simply to many in game.

P.S. Yes i currently have a NMT cloak and no i am not a high enough fighter to kill the things that drop them.

__Icy__ :)

listen i love the idea dont get me wrong but as it is a player with a magic god and an attack god gets a lot of extra exp when they train

if you now add another 20% exp and a chance to have both an defense and attack blessing the advantage is way tooo big ,i imagine thats why such a combination wasent permited in the first place,

but mabye this last statement could help, but still i dunno if it would create the exit that entropy is looking for

Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but in *my* case, these would be my options should this be implemented and I get lucky enough to *ever* find another nmt:

1. I can dump one of my gods and serve both aluwen and mortos getting discipleship level 4
  2. I can sell the cape, getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 500k gc
  3. I can turn the nmt in for a nexus point, enabling me to finally make cols or use a thermal serp
  4. I can use the nmt to bump my def or craft or manu bonus up to 25%

Of my options, only option 2 keeps the cape in the game...and would definitely be the last of my personal choices given the others are far more valuable to me than the gc. No doubt some would opt for #2, but my gut feeling is that most players who are high enough to train on fluffs and higher would prefer one of the other options.

That's it...dynamism, an exit for the capes, and it stays unbreakable.

Obviously, I can't speak for everyone, but in *my* case, these would be my options should this be implemented and I get lucky enough to *ever* find another nmt:

1. I can dump one of my gods and serve both aluwen and mortos getting discipleship level 4
  2. I can sell the cape, getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 500k gc
  3. I can turn the nmt in for a nexus point, enabling me to finally make cols or use a thermal serp
  4. I can use the nmt to bump my def or craft or manu bonus up to 25%

Of my options, only option 2 keeps the cape in the game...and would definitely be the last of my personal choices given the others are far more valuable to me than the gc. No doubt some would opt for #2, but my gut feeling is that most players who are high enough to train on fluffs and higher would prefer one of the other options.

That's it...dynamism, an exit for the capes, and it stays unbreakable.

good ideas, personally i like 1,3,4 the best.

imo it would be a nice, very nice idea to implement number 3

EDIT: sure, point 2 would bring gc.. but... we wanna remove gc from game, no? :)

so point 3 is the best way imo, some people would do it but others not.. so i dunno :w00t:

Edited by Tempest

EDIT: sure, point 2 would bring gc.. but... we wanna remove gc from game, no? :)

so point 3 is the best way imo, some people would do it but others not.. so i dunno :w00t:

tempy if Nmt break this also remove gc from game ,yes sir it does.

I would say that even though the votes are against breaking everyone is now talking about how to get the NMT out of the game. If the solutions provided will not work then the obvious choice is to make them breakable. No matter how you look at it removing them from the game is now the choice and that is the way the poll should be read even with the votes being against breaking.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance and Tolerance Honored