Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

They would never be worn in combat and so would never have a chance to break.

so what will bring more money ingame in the future? ....

Exactly, if you dont agree there is a problem with arti cloak, like there is with NMT, youre ignorant.

Cause like you said, eventually everyone will have a arti cloak, like the case will be with NMT.

Maybe just lower all breakrates by 75%, higher all chance on special stuff by 100%, and get rid of the cloaks, and see what happends? :)

I did not say everyone will eventually have an arti cloak too. Fighters and all arounders cannot afford ten pick points for the cloak. Only the specialized players can afford the nexus to wear them. Most players are either straight fighters or all arounders so most definitely not everyone is going to have one. Everyone who needs one and can use one may get one and soon some people seem to think it will be soon. If everyone who needs one has one then the capes will obviously lose their value.

They may be headed for a problem of there own but that is something for a different thread and I fail to see why anyone brought it up on this thread. The fact is that NMT can be worn by anyone with no nexus required and they are massively useful for everyone of any level while the artificer cloak takes ten nexus and high levels to be of real use. There is also no perk alternative to artificer cloaks. They would never be worn in combat and so would never have a chance to break. How can you in any way compare these problems since obviously they share so few common solutions?

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

You keep mentioning 'no nexus', but keep in mind that almost everyone has at least 6 to start with, many have 7 already for the dragon armor/thermal serp. I am sure, Ent will keep adding more expensive armor in the future, and eventually it will be 8-9-10 nexus needed.

Meself have 7 human nexus, so if I have to get 1-2 for some armor/weapon, why not add 1-2 to have double chance on making rare things, everytime I mix something. Its worth it for sure.

NMT has 1 way out --> BroD

Arti has 0 way out.

Your mentioning about nexus btw. If no one would get 10 nexus... every allrounder/mixer would have such a cape eventually. Every decent one, Jumpy made good point about new players.

MY instincts tell me that while making it breakable will probably result in the price of NMT capes drop a little, and upset alot of pkers, it will be a mutual benefit to the game as a whole as there will be more of them. I say yes, make it break but keep the effect. Like say once out of 40k times the cape will break but your armor is safe.

[

Meself have 7 human nexus, so if I have to get 1-2 for some armor/weapon, why not add 1-2 to have double chance on making rare things, everytime I mix something. Its worth it for sure.

Your mentioning about nexus btw. If no one would get 10 nexus... every allrounder/mixer would have such a cape eventually. Every decent one, Jumpy made good point about new players.

You need to do a lot more forum reading. The artificer capes comes no where near doubling your chance for making rare things. It is around a 33% increase at best if I recall the math in the thread correctly. Artificer never doubled the chance of making rare items like the description of the perk read. That is why their is a huge thread about it and why the perk was removed from the game and why artificer capes exist at all. PP are so powerful in attributes that PKers complain about needing to use even one more pick point in nexus for new armors and weapons. They are the people who level the fastest. You cannot level anywhere near as fast as a straight fighter if you are an all around so getting the nexus for human 10 will be hugely difficult without sacrificing somewhere else.

The benefits the artificer cape give are only worth having considering the nexus price if you are near the top in manufacturing and can make uber items. It might eventually pay for itself in alchemy but if you read the thread about the perk you would see that the capes benefits can be completely eliminated over long periods of time with simple bad luck. Read a little more before you go saying how uber the cloak is. Anyone who has read enough of the forums knows that informed players only want the arti-cape if they are a top manuer or they really don't care how much they spend in game.

Yes artificer capes have no way out but until they drop to nothing in price they are not worth buying until you can make everything in the game for manufacturing and have tons of EFEs and other enriched essences to use trying to make uber stuff. You cannot count on the cloak to give you those enriched essences. If you have bad luck with enriched stuff it is not going to help you. That was shown over and over again with the perk.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

You need to do a lot more forum reading. The artificer capes comes no where near doubling your chance for making rare things. It is around a 33% increase at best if I recall the math in the thread correctly. Artificer never doubled the chance of making rare items like the description of the perk read. That is why their is a huge thread about it and why the perk was removed from the game and why artificer capes exist at all. PP are so powerful in attributes that PKers complain about needing to use even one more pick point in nexus for new armors and weapons. They are the people who level the fastest. You cannot level anywhere near as fast as a straight fighter if you are an all around so getting the nexus for human 10 will be hugely difficult without sacrificing somewhere else.

The benefits the artificer cape give are only worth having considering the nexus price if you are near the top in manufacturing and can make uber items. It might eventually pay for itself in alchemy but if you read the thread about the perk you would see that the capes benefits can be completely eliminated over long periods of time with simple bad luck. Read a little more before you go saying how uber the cloak is. Anyone who has read enough of the forums knows that informed players only want the arti-cape if they are a top manuer or they really don't care how much they spend in game.

Yes artificer capes have no way out but until they drop to nothing in price they are not worth buying until you can make everything in the game for manufacturing and have tons of EFEs and other enriched essences to use trying to make uber stuff. You cannot count on the cloak to give you those enriched essences. If you have bad luck with enriched stuff it is not going to help you. That was shown over and over again with the perk.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

1) cant u read? read my post, why do u think many mixers have around 32/52~ p/c? cause they train to get their oa up.

2) the cloak was worth 500kgc as it came into the game iirc, now its 200k. and someday it will be 20k. none goes out of game, more come in, someday many more people will have 1. and then the market will be spammed with to much enriched essies, and then we can hear u all bitch again about to much money.

ur idea making nmt breakable wont help, there are many more things that get to much money ingame

3) someday when arti price drops cause everyone has one, what will happen? even if many people are "unlucky", many will be lucky and bring more and more gc into the game

3) someday when arti price drops cause everyone has one, what will happen? even if many people are "unlucky", many will be lucky and bring more and more gc into the game

Well, IMHO Entropy won't leave this as it is. When amount of artificier cape reaches certain treshold, there will certainly be some tweaking and changes about income/outcome of the cloak.

1) cant u read? read my post, why do u think many mixers have around 32/52~ p/c? cause they train to get their oa up.

2) the cloak was worth 500kgc as it came into the game iirc, now its 200k. and someday it will be 20k. none goes out of game, more come in, someday many more people will have 1. and then the market will be spammed with to much enriched essies, and then we can hear u all bitch again about to much money.

ur idea making nmt breakable wont help, there are many more things that get to much money ingame

1) Highest OA for not PK? Highest OA for PKer? Not sure what the actual levels are but I do know there is a BIG difference. More nexus being added all of the time. You need artificial 7 now to max out and it seems pretty sure that the other nexus will be going up too with new items. So where do these extra nexus the all arounders need come from now? Just one or two more nexus is the difference between having the cape or making an item. This seems to be a trend that is not going to change.

2) Ask Entropy what brings more enriched essences into the game. The artificer capes or the EL shop. All of the new high level items require more essences as do the spells so more essences are being made all of the time. People who make the high level stuff can afford the enriched essences that lower level players make. The fact is that no matter the price everyone is not going to waste PPs getting the artificer cape until they get high enough level to make it stuff that pays for the pick points i.e. uber armors and weapons.

It is Entropy's idea to make the NMT breakable and it is not about money. It is about the fact that the NMT can and would be worn by everyone if they were aloud to continue building numbers in game since they don't break anywhere near as fast as they are dropped. There is a thread on that too. The NMT problem is not about money coming into the game and never was. The cloak will eventually make it so that the break rates for everyone are reduce so you might as well code it into the game and save yourself the server space the cloaks will be using. The only question about money with the NMT is how mad people will get if the price drops. Too much money coming into the game is totally off topic in this thread.

3) If you want to make a thread about too much money coming into the game then do it. The artificer cloak can be at the top of your list as the biggest potential problem. This thread is about the NMT cloak and its effects on game mechanics not on the game economy. The NMT cloak being made breakable is the topic. It needs to be breakable for obvious reasons.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

If the NMT cape really were on the trend of being too common, then one would expect prices to go down. But if you have a look backwards, prices tend go up in a dramatic way: I browsed some past announces on the marketpace and once you could buy one for less than 100k, now they're about 350k-400k. So, are they really becoming that commonplace?

Rehdon

Yes, I sold many, both artificer capes and NMT and prices seem to go up.

And after I sold are people still pming me and ask if I have more for sale.

1) Highest OA for not PK? Highest OA for PKer? Not sure what the actual levels are but I do know there is a BIG difference.

Highest OA in game is held by a non pking player, second highest by a pking player. What was your point again?

1) Highest OA for not PK? Highest OA for PKer? Not sure what the actual levels are but I do know there is a BIG difference.

Highest oa ingame is 158, its Nezaket( previous name azrakan_falkon) and she never pk.

2nd highest is TooMass, he pk a lot, no idea what oa but 150+ for sure :)

Btw, ur oa doesnt mean that much when u r at 140+ coz at that point its easier to get money for 50 h-bars+ nexus removal stone than to lvl up :P

To block currently upgraded yetis good( barehanded) u need really big p/c and def and i mean 135+def and 120+ coord at least, altho better 140+def and 140+coord which is not that easy to reach :wub:

If u dont fight a lot u dont need crazy high p/c, p40c60 is enough for harv/mix, most of top 10 harv/mix skills got less than that.

If u got 8 more coord it measn 80 more emu, so little better for harving/mixing but 8 more or less coord for a fighter means being possible to block or not( so gain exp or not, die or survive on pk in many cases). Thats the reason why so many fighters take all or almost all neg perks and almost never positive perks.

Sorry for off-topic but i felt like explaining/clarifing the "highest OA for PKer " :doze:

mp

Well, IMHO Entropy won't leave this as it is. When amount of artificier cape reaches certain treshold, there will certainly be some tweaking and changes about income/outcome of the cloak.

sure, cause as it is now it wont work imo

It is Entropy's idea to make the NMT breakable and it is not about money. It is about the fact that the NMT can and would be worn by everyone if they were aloud to continue building numbers in game since they don't break anywhere near as fast as they are dropped. There is a thread on that too. The NMT problem is not about money coming into the game and never was. The cloak will eventually make it so that the break rates for everyone are reduce so you might as well code it into the game and save yourself the server space the cloaks will be using. The only question about money with the NMT is how mad people will get if the price drops. Too much money coming into the game is totally off topic in this thread.

3) If you want to make a thread about too much money coming into the game then do it. The artificer cloak can be at the top of your list as the biggest potential problem. This thread is about the NMT cloak and its effects on game mechanics not on the game economy. The NMT cloak being made breakable is the topic. It needs to be breakable for obvious reasons.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

1)so then ent wants to make it breakable cause of people beeing able to train many hours on high lvl monsters? if he makes nmt breakable now the lvl difference gets even bigger, high lvl people will be able to train in NMT since they block hits from yeti etc, so there isnt rly a extremly high chance to break the nmt. so they can continue training, but people who are on other monsters and dont block much or whatever can NOT use their nmt, well they can but the most people wont cause they'r scared it breaks, and that means lower people wont lvl up as fast as now. so there will be even more of an a/d gap between higher and lower people. + the people who are getting hit more by yetis will reset, so even less people will pk... not that nice imo. maybe you dont care as much as i do cause you dont go pk. but i wanna have a bit action in pks again, pk is a great thing in this game

3) i dont care about much money ingame. if this is not about to much money ingame, why does ent wanna make em breakable? to make people train less? i think he just makes it breakable so people have some kind of risk to lose their stuff including the nmt which makes it possible to train for hours.

if people cant train for hours on yeti, not much money coming into the game = less economy problems.

maybe we can hear ent saying something like a reason why he wants it breakable.

i personally think this whole thread is pathetic,,,if you're going to introduce something into a game that is NON breakable, then it should stay that way,,like someone pointed out about the harvester cape,,,with all the radeon, walls etc it never breaks and it isn't known for being UNbreakable like the NMT is. so if you change the NMT to breakable then ALL capes/cloaks should be made breakable. And if you guys haven't noticed by past years experience,,,if you disagree with Ent, or suggest something to be added into the game he'll do it eventually,,but with a consequence to pay in the end for doing what you asked. I didn't vote btw, i have quit playing for reasons such as this one about the NMT... he's going to do what he wants to do anyway, not matter if people want it or not. This isn't to flame him or anyone else, i am just saying what i have seen over the yrs of playing,, preferential treatment of those with real cash to spend in game, those that could have been easily banned for multi etc.. (for which i have proof) ,,,so be careful what you wish for,,,you may get the opposite.

Adaanu

and yes, i know i am risking being banned from forums by posting this to you Ent it is what you do when you don't like something posted about you or the game,,,,and I think that these forums should have a "rant" section where people can go to say what they think of certain changes,additions,what have you about the game without the threat of being banned,,,if you really want to know what people think of how pk is going in the game then let them say without concequence.

Edited by Nvaryea

a few months ago when i was training fluffy/feros i voted yes the cape should breakable, and that i didnt really care because i can harv to sustain my armour breakage rate(btw like fourier i never got an NMT/Arti drop from them)...

but recently ive started training desert chims, and ive gotten hit alot more than i was at fluffy/feros and more stuff started breaking(faster than i could afk harv for replacing), so i decided i would save up and buy an NMT, which has decreased my breakage rate ALOT. Now that i have a cape i guess i'd like it to be unbreakable, but if it does turn breakable i wouldnt care too much, just spend more time harvesting.

Honestly though, don't make the NMT breakable, just make it much rarer to drop (and its already VERY rare), even if that means they dont go out of the game, maybe they will enter the game at about the same rate new people enter the game (meaning there will still be a demand for it)... i couldnt care less about drops, at the moment i train at a loss anyway.

My suggestion is: make an NPC buy them for 500k, or trade a nexus removal stone of your choice for it (no i personally do not use nexus stones, and i detest the fact that you can get pickpoints for 800kgc) ... i know i would sell any NMT/Arti cape i find to the NPC just to let less people have one, and keep them unbreakable.

(i bought my cape for 325k, so prices are not going down so drastically yet)

it just feels natural to me that an item called no more tears shouldnt break...

this thread has shown that there are two problems:too many nmts in game and they never change hands, and that training is too easy(cheap). making the nmt breakable would solve both of those..

but other options have shown up: there was talk about EMPs that could destroy the nmt... and now astrology makes training a bit less predictable

is this issue now solved then? can nmts stay unbreakable? plz? :D

I voted NO because I spent 225K to get my NMT cape, and it then sat in storage when it temporarily became breakable. That made me so frustrated, I decided to take the perk when I reset not long ago, although if the cape becomes breakable, I can't imagine the perk being safe for very long. I understand the problem of them eventually becoming more common in the game, but even if that drives the price down, so be it, that's the risk one takes when buying high end items. And since I still broke all sorts of things while wearing it, it only reduced, not eliminated my need to invest in new armour/swords/meds/etc.

But if it does become breakable, I like the early ideas of it only having a chance to break/degrade if you die; and the concept of being able to get it repaired is good too.

I voted NO because I spent 225K to get my NMT cape, and it then sat in storage when it temporarily became breakable. That made me so frustrated, I decided to take the perk when I reset not long ago, although if the cape becomes breakable, I can't imagine the perk being safe for very long. I understand the problem of them eventually becoming more common in the game, but even if that drives the price down, so be it, that's the risk one takes when buying high end items. And since I still broke all sorts of things while wearing it, it only reduced, not eliminated my need to invest in new armour/swords/meds/etc.

But if it does become breakable, I like the early ideas of it only having a chance to break/degrade if you die; and the concept of being able to get it repaired is good too.

I sold the last 3-4 capes for 360k, seem the prices go up.

When I bought mine, this past spring I think, the costs for the capes were starting to climb. After 225k they started going up and up, I was lucky I guess.