Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

Voted No. although logically speaking voting yes is the right thing. Why I voted no.

Let us look at implications.

Too many NMT getting accumulating in game.

This will lead to lower value for NMT.

So let us say NMT will drop from 400K to 100K.

If NMT is made breakable it will also drop in price not much change here.

How to really create a sink for all the NMT?

Well let a NPC buy it. Set up the price much lower then current value so current price is 400K. NPC will buy for 100k. This way NMT is unbreakable. Current value does not change drastically and if too many NMT's are there in the gae price will come down and people will sell it to NPC.

I hope this solution should be acceptable both in short term and long term.

- Darky

Edited by darky

Any idea on a time scale for this poll before we get an answer one way or the other ? :P

Edited by conavar

Voted No. although logically speaking voting yes is the right thing. Why I voted no.

Let us look at implications.

Too many NMT getting accumulating in game.

This will lead to lower value for NMT.

So let us say NMT will drop from 400K to 100K.

If NMT is made breakable it will also drop in price not much change here.

How to really create a sink for all the NMT?

Well let a NPC buy it. Set up the price much lower then current value so current price is 400K. NPC will buy for 100k. This way NMT is unbreakable. Current value does not change drastically and if too many NMT's are there in the gae price will come down and people will sell it to NPC.

I hope this solution should be acceptable both in short term and long term.

- Darky

That depends of how many ppl have more than one NMT and aren't greedy enough to sell it for 100k gc while the market price is 400k. I don't think theres many of them.

The other thing is, when new players start playing EL, they get some gc and look for some nice to buy - they proabably choose NMT cause they believe it will last forever. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chims have now 250 health. Same toughness and a/d i think. I lost a rosto cause i was doubleteamed and instead of alt -f4 i hit different buttons on the keyboard.(for restoration). Exp is 20k-25k more per hour now and they drop eme's. Not bad i would i say..

Wondered what new drop they had. Nice.

They now also drop Night Visors as well.

i say make it break because i like the idea of doubling the chance cause when you get a rare drop it makes me feel special :hug:

and some people may not agree with me but i think rostos should hae a 1% chance to not work cause the point of killing people but not getting anything is quite reptitive

Edited by killerbow

the idea isn't bad (and makes sense). Would still hate to loose my precious nmt though :icon13:

Rationally speaking i'm with radu and pips arguments

emotionally speaking i'm inclined to vote NO because i like my NMT

However, i'm not a woman. I just have really, really silky hair, so I'm going with the suggestion.

I voted Yes, make it breakable.

Also reduce the drops on Yeti, and the chances of the cape. :(

no break, nmt is my numb 1 item if i lose it i leave

if u leave over that then thats stupid......the point of this thread is , whats better for the game, not for you

im saying.. some people would be pissed.. i know im very pissed when i break 1 item every 6 hours on train with nmt... without nmt i dunno what ill do.. maybe ill get the perk, but thats pp wasted getting postive perks

if u leave over that then thats stupid......the point of this thread is , whats better for the game, not for you

I agree.

Nothing in this game should be so powerful, as what the NMT is. A/D is all ready the quickest skill to level, if Radu makes it breakable, reduces drop from Yeti, and Fluffs it would make it alot harder, thus making PK'ing better (IMHO..). :)

Making a/d xp harder to get, makes PK better? How come?

Lets see..

NMT not in-game.. Much PK.. (Ask people who played..)

NMT in-game.. Not much PK, people training on monsters (That IMO shouldn't be trained on..)

I'm not saying remove it from the game, but make it dropped less, make it breakable, and things will be sorted. And I still think the break chances of 1/40k is too high, I'd say 1/20k or so, would be good.

#Edit - I should know about PK, I've done it hardcore for about 6 months, when I had my first strong char. (What was Manhunt's after some training..)

Edited by Chosen

well mango i think what he is trying to say is that if nmt is breakable people will have to increase p/c to better protect their valuables and if people have pc > what they have now it will make for better pk

well mango i think what he is trying to say is that if nmt is breakable people will have to increase p/c to better protect their valuables and if people have pc > what they have now it will make for better pk

Ye, thats what holds me from PKing. If I could use my pickpoints to gain more xp/hour, I would pk a LOT more. (problably every day) Since I get most xp/hour with the lowest p/c possible now, Im not really into PKing, since almost everyone owns me.

Also has to do with priorities of course, with me training>PK :). Can't wait to train yeti, and get more xp than on fluffy, then I'll PK for sure. Since any pickpoint I use then, benefits training (problably).

P.S. When NMT would be breakable, I'd add p/c to reduce breakage.. therefor I'd get same xp, but Id need higher p/c.............. can't explain properly.

Edited by Manderijn

ppl complain about to much gc ingame...

many ppl say this is the reason why ent made this topic..

arti capes are like 300k iirc... and zamirah had like 2 in 80 yetis, and the next after she tried 3 of the new yetis..

i mean its very nice she got them, gratz to her, but if u all bitch about to much money ingame why have the artificier cape that ruins the whole economy?

stop bitching about nmt, if you rly want to get money out of game make the arti cape very rare, instead of letting it be dropped that much. arti capes are dropped WAY more than nmts, and they'r around the same price if you find the right buyer.

Arti cape didnt exist before, why remove the perk and make a cape?

if u want gc to go out dont make a 400k cape that is dropped much by monsters the top 40 train on lol.

1 possiblity is, remove the cape, and exchange it with the perk. gets much gc out of game and ppl wont complain about loss etc since the people who had a cape will have the perk then.

a sucky idea maybe, but a better way than changing NMT cape and making ~200 ppl complain lol

Edited by Tempest

if u want gc to go out dont make a 400k cape that is dropped much by monsters the top 40 train on lol.

Make that top 200+ :). From my experience Fluffy Rabbits drop way more Arti Capes than NMT Capes.

voted to stay unbreakable

well for ppl who train on yetis/high_lvl_monsters have the chance to find 1 , they dont mind make them breakable ..... but well those who train ogre/cyc :( well all know how many day u need to harvest/alc/pot/manu/slave for 400k ??

well how about make it dropable only for trolls :) .....its about economy right ? ... lets see what they will say now :P .. or make it manuable only :>

and about if NMT is breakable ..... pk will increase ? how come ? ....if people want to train they train (NMT or not) , but they will spend more money on armor in training ==> so less pk , if people got pickpoint .... they will spend it ..... its not that NMT make every 1 save pp .. who said that :)

i like the idea about make an NPC that buy it .... maybe the NPC in WSC that sell capes :)

anyway ,thats why i voted no ..... thats all

arti capes are like 300k iirc... and zamirah had like 2 in 80 yetis, and the next after she tried 3 of the new yetis..

i mean its very nice she got them, gratz to her, but if u all bitch about to much money ingame why have the artificier cape that ruins the whole economy?

stop bitching about nmt, if you rly want to get money out of game make the arti cape very rare, instead of letting it be dropped that much. arti capes are dropped WAY more than nmts, and they'r around the same price if you find the right buyer.

1 possiblity is, remove the cape, and exchange it with the perk. gets much gc out of game and ppl wont complain about loss etc since the people who had a cape will have the perk then.

a sucky idea maybe, but a better way than changing NMT cape and making ~200 ppl complain lol

Artificer cape has nothing to do with this, it's not a Fighting related Cape, it only helps those who Alch/Manu/Pot.. Maybe it drops alot, but thats what I ment by make drops from ALL monsters less.. Fighters can make GC far to easy, compared to those non-fighters.

The NMT as it is, is to powerful for this game.

and about if NMT is breakable ..... pk will increase ? how come ? ....if people want to train they train (NMT or not) , but they will spend more money on armor in training ==> so less pk , if people got pickpoint .... they will spend it ..... its not that NMT make every 1 save pp .. who said that :)

From what I remember, when the NMT was breakable, there was more PK.. A couple people trained Yeti, some PvP'd, or trained on other Monsters.

As for people using it for Ogres/Cycs, they shouldn't, IMO thats shit. I've trained everything from Trools up to Yeti.. When people never used to have these NMT Capes, people just trained in Tit Chains, and stuff, no COLs.. Thus making a/d level'ing slower, people PK'ing more, and the game being more fun than what it is now.

- Chosen.

temp the arti perk didnt work properly thats why pp were refunded and it was turned into a cloak

also nmt requires NO nexus u need 10 human for arti cloak , so you see you cannot compare the two

well for ppl who train on yetis/high_lvl_monsters have the chance to find 1 , they dont mind make them breakable ..... but well those who train ogre/cyc :( well all know how many day u need to harvest/alc/pot/manu/slave for 400k ??

well how about make it dropable only for trolls :) .....its about economy right ? ... lets see what they will say now :P .. or make it manuable only :>

i like the idea about make an NPC that buy it .... maybe the NPC in WSC that sell capes :)

anyway ,thats why i voted no ..... thats all

read the thread more carefully entropy said if it is made to break he will place it on MORE monster not only yeti, and increase its drop rate 100% Edited by mufossa

From what I remember, when the NMT was breakable, there was more PK.. A couple people trained Yeti, some PvP'd, or trained on other Monsters.

As for people using it for Ogres/Cycs, they shouldn't, IMO thats shit. I've trained everything from Trools up to Yeti.. When people never used to have these NMT Capes, people just trained in Tit Chains, and stuff, no COLs.. Thus making a/d level'ing slower, people PK'ing more, and the game being more fun than what it is now.

Uh, people who can't kill Ogres without a CoL probably won't be PKing in any case - they would be killed the second they walked into KF.

One issue with EL is that there is a HUGE span in power as you gain levels. If you took every level-40 a/d fighter and matched them up against a single 100 a/d fighter they would probably clobber all of them. So, anybody who hasn't been playing for more than a year (or who doesn't have 100 hours/week to play) is going to focus on levelling as fast as possible to try to catch up.

If the level span weren't quite so large you might see more PKing - luck and tactics would matter a lot more. Right now if a 50/50 and a 100/100 fighter step into the ring the result is a foregone conclusion. The higher-level fighter should certainly have an advantage, but perhaps it shouldn't be so large.

But all of this is only somewhat-related to the NMT. I think that making it breakable would increase the value of the perk (which right now isn't a good investment - 7PPs=3.5Mgc at nexus/hydro rates). As far as upsetting current players goes - they have a chance right now to sell theirs for only a moderate loss before any changes get announced. Or maybe make an NPC buy them for the first week after the change to give people a chance to dump them (make them breakable first, then make them more common after the NPC is gone). Then people can cash out if they have them already.

Any time you have unbreakable items it is a problem for the economy. And the NMT effectively throws off the economy for all weapons/armor. Long-term the break rates on the armor will just increase so that they break often enough, and those without the NMT will get really hammered. But eventually everybody will have one anyway if they never leave the game. By making people use PPs for NMT you will make it more of a trade-off and not everybody will just take it...

I agree.

Nothing in this game should be so powerful, as what the NMT is. A/D is all ready the quickest skill to level, if Radu makes it breakable, reduces drop from Yeti, and Fluffs it would make it alot harder, thus making PK'ing better (IMHO..). :)

if your going to do all that stupid sh*t, then remove cape completely

Lets see..

NMT in-game.. Not much PK, people training on monsters (That IMO shouldn't be trained on..)

I'm not saying remove it from the game, but make it dropped less, make it breakable, and things will be sorted. And I still think the break chances of 1/40k is too high, I'd say 1/20k or so, would be good.

#Edit - I should know about PK, I've done it hardcore for about 6 months, when I had my first strong char. (What was Manhunt's after some training..)

Liquid, u played in oldschool days so u should know best that cooldown/expensive armors&weapons/brod/summoning stones/mana destruction rings/invi pots&spell made ppl to enter pk maps less , not the nmt cape.

Nmt+ col and tit/steel set made training on low lvl monsters easy but it also made training on high lvl monsters possible, take nmt cape/perk and col+steel/tit sets from luciferx and he cant make exp on yetis even tho he easly kills giants/dragons(in pr0 gear).

read the thread more carefully entropy said if it is made to break he will place it on MORE monster not only yeti, and increase its drop rate 100%

If nmt breaks at 1/40k and its worth more than 100k gc its abolutely not worth its price, and to make it worth 100k there had to be a lot of them entering the game.

Also very important is that if nmt is breakable no1 can ever be sure if its breakrate changes in the future :)

One issue with EL is that there is a HUGE span in power as you gain levels. If you took every level-40 a/d fighter and matched them up against a single 100 a/d fighter they would probably clobber all of them. So, anybody who hasn't been playing for more than a year (or who doesn't have 100 hours/week to play) is going to focus on levelling as fast as possible to try to catch up.

U know how much it takes for pr0 trainer to make 50a/d stats on new account? Max 7 days with little help of friends- free junk armors and HE's/SRS) or max 3 weeks w/o any help. Now u compare those 3 weeks to several months needed for 100a/d account and want to have even chances in combat :)

Any time you have unbreakable items it is a problem for the economy. And the NMT effectively throws off the economy for all weapons/armor. Long-term the break rates on the armor will just increase so that they break often enough, and those without the NMT will get really hammered. But eventually everybody will have one anyway if they never leave the game.

Im not sure about that, if expensive armors break too much ppl will simply train in augmented sets, why some1 should spend 100k+ for training armors that wont even last a day?

Atm nmt price is 300-400k, will be way less if made breakable( maybe 100-200k, hard to say, it depends from increasing/decreasing its drop rate :)

With nmt breakable it will be matter of luck who lvls faster, which is bad imho.

2 newbies for example: both worked hard for 2 weeks on blue lupine bush and gathered 200k for nmt cape and another 160k for col+steel set.

First newbie will get lucky and his nmt wont break for many months while training on ogre/cycs/fluffies.

Second newbie however is bad luck walking and he will break his nmt in first hour of training, its very demotivating imho, he might end quiting the game or becoming afk-harvester :)

Heh, long post again, enjoy reading and sorry for typos :)

mp

Lets see..

Liquid, u played in oldschool days so u should know best that cooldown/expensive armors&weapons/brod/summoning stones/mana destruction rings/invi pots&spell made ppl to enter pk maps less , not the nmt cape.

Nmt+ col and tit/steel set made training on low lvl monsters easy but it also made training on high lvl monsters possible, take nmt cape/perk and col+steel/tit sets from luciferx and he cant make exp on yetis even tho he easly kills giants/dragons(in pr0 gear).

Yeah, I know mp, the polint I was making about the NMT you just said for me, It's made the training on high leevel Monsters possible, so people have less reason to PK and more reasons to train. If NMT was made breakable, people would be training less and PK'ing more, IMO.

U know how much it takes for pr0 trainer to make 50a/d stats on new account? Max 7 days with little help of friends- free junk armors and HE's/SRS) or max 3 weeks w/o any help. Now u compare those 3 weeks to several months needed for 100a/d account and want to have even chances in combat :)

Yeah, the even chances thing is not good, I mean theres a Mirror Cape :) but making the chances better will just reduce PK once again.

Any time you have unbreakable items it is a problem for the economy. And the NMT effectively throws off the economy for all weapons/armor. Long-term the break rates on the armor will just increase so that they break often enough, and those without the NMT will get really hammered. But eventually everybody will have one anyway if they never leave the game.

Im not sure about that, if expensive armors break too much ppl will simply train in augmented sets, why some1 should spend 100k+ for training armors that wont even last a day?

Atm nmt price is 300-400k, will be way less if made breakable( maybe 100-200k, hard to say, it depends from increasing/decreasing its drop rate :)

With nmt breakable it will be matter of luck who lvls faster, which is bad imho.

2 newbies for example: both worked hard for 2 weeks on blue lupine bush and gathered 200k for nmt cape and another 160k for col+steel set.

First newbie will get lucky and his nmt wont break for many months while training on ogre/cycs/fluffies.

Second newbie however is bad luck walking and he will break his nmt in first hour of training, its very demotivating imho, he might end quiting the game or becoming afk-harvester :)

Heh, long post again, enjoy reading and sorry for typos :)

mp

Agreed.