Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

everyone is now talking about how to get the NMT out of the game.
Everyone's not talking about it, only the vocal minority. While the majority sits silent.

[]Everyone's not talking about it, only the vocal minority. While the majority sits silent.

yes, well the majority sits silent because they have NO logical arguement besides they dont want their Nmt to break ......(or they had no opinion at all and their friends asked them to vote in their favor)

i think to have a better understanding of why people voted ,every vote should have come with an explaination .. :)

the majority of the NO voters who actually posted all say "omg MY nmt will break then i cant catch the evil High levels" and then they acuse all the yes voters of wanting to make this breakable so that we can spoil their leveling.. this is ridiclious ....

Edited by mufossa

Well admin's and all who are reading this i would just like to share my thought's if you don't mind's and i don't want to be putting anyone down.

well i will say that i first voted no, but now i must say that making it breakable will make it dynamic and make it realistic.

And next i would like to say that making people sit doing something boring for months just to get something in a game doesn't sound like a good way to make people have heaps of fun in the game.

I just think grinding is a little bit of a downside of most MMORPG's, and i do understand that if we make it too easy everyone will have everything..

Idea, just make it so there is lot's of interesting thing's to do, and not doing the same thing over and over until you get to some level, other-wise know as power leveling...

I hope this will be helpful to the game, and i may guess that all the high leveled players might be very opposing to this idea because they want have a advantage over everyone and no one be like them, one idea i know that you dev's should keep in mind all the time is to alway try to make it fun for the player, reason i say this, i am making a game myself....

-------------------------------

thanks Joss

Everyone's not talking about it, only the vocal minority. While the majority sits silent.

Everyone who is talking is talking about it. Everyone who is talking are the people who count because those who remain silent are agreeing with what is being said by the absence of their voice. Silence is consent. If you do not agree then you need to speak up. Therefore it is the majority who speaks. Decisions are not made in silence or in the absence of information. If the 'silent majority' wants to be heard I guess they should speak up shouldn't they?

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance And Tolerance Honored

Well admin's and all who are reading this i would just like to share my thought's if you don't mind's and i don't want to be putting anyone down.

well i will say that i first voted no, but now i must say that making it breakable will make it dynamic and make it realistic.

And next i would like to say that making people sit doing something boring for months just to get something in a game doesn't sound like a good way to make people have heaps of fun in the game.

I just think grinding is a little bit of a downside of most MMORPG's, and i do understand that if we make it too easy everyone will have everything..

Idea, just make it so there is lot's of interesting thing's to do, and not doing the same thing over and over until you get to some level, other-wise know as power leveling...

I hope this will be helpful to the game, and i may guess that all the high leveled players might be very opposing to this idea because they want have a advantage over everyone and no one be like them, one idea i know that you dev's should keep in mind all the time is to alway try to make it fun for the player, reason i say this, i am making a game myself....

thanks Joss

i like youre post and i agree with everything you say

the only problem is , you vote no But then you dont give a single reason as to why :w00t:

and then you say you voted no, but making it break will be realistic and dynamic...im just confused , to me it sounds like you should have voted YES..this begs the question, Why did you vote NO? :)

oh and also you say you dont support level grinding, do you realise that the Nmt actually supports level grinders?

Edited by mufossa

the majority of the NO voters who actually posted all say "omg MY nmt will break then i cant catch the evil High levels" and then they acuse all the yes voters of wanting to make this breakable so that we can spoil their leveling.. this is ridiclious ....

it IS ridiculous I agree. with teh NMT breakable and also more readily available its price would decrease dramatically, meaning more folks would own them meaning that more folks WOULD be catching up to teh evil HIGH levels, since the NMT would be more affordable....

possibly...

if there were enough around for the nmt to drop as low as say..5kgc each (extreme example but lets go with it plz?) then a lot of people would be using a lot of nmt to train in and it would become a lot harder to find spawns free.

possibly...

meaning more exp gains allround in a/d, more use of HE/SR stocks and better market values for fighting equipment, since more folks would then require it.

possibly...

BUT, this is all hypothetical. My opinion, like everyone elses here who HAS voted and also taken the time to post their opinion is soley based on their own observations, whether on a personal level or with regards to those around them that also play. Only Radu himself can make any accurate predictions as to the end results making NMT breakable may bring, since he has access to game data that we are (blissfully in my case) unaware of. So of all the opinions posted, his is the best informed one and IF an opinion is the thing that sways this and NOT what the actual VOTES come to, then it is gonna be HIS opinion that decides it, one way or the other. All I know for sure is, regardless of what is decided about NMT, there will be bitching after the decision is made public.

definitely...

- PYE

yes, well the majority sits silent because they have NO logical arguement besides they dont want their Nmt to break
Everyone who is talking is talking about it. Everyone who is talking are the people who count because those who remain silent are agreeing with what is being said by the absence of their voice. Silence is consent. If you do not agree then you need to speak up. Therefore it is the majority who speaks. Decisions are not made in silence or in the absence of information. If the 'silent majority' wants to be heard I guess they should speak up shouldn't they?

I agree with you both, not only with what you've said in those 2 posts but also what you've both said in your other post. But stand by my no vote. I chose not to explain why, yet.

I chose not to explain why, yet.

fair enough, i do look foward to you reasoning, who knows it may have an impact on many peoples overall views (sounds to me like you have a good reason, and if so im interested in hearing it, providing it is a fresh reason)

Edited by mufossa

My vote was to make it breakable.

hmm you are an old and venerable EL player , would you care to provide some insight to the newer players as to why..mabye they will geta better understanding...

yes, well the majority sits silent because they have NO logical arguement besides they dont want their Nmt to break

Well yeh i voted no as well due to this case and im honest there. i dont really see a prob if ppl can move

onto higher monsters faster except that spawns are taken.

Its allready hard for someone like me who cant spend much time

and patience on training. so im pretty happy when i got my first nmt and used it to stay quite nice

without much lost on fluffys. And, without any offence i am one myself, with the charbuyers/seller that keep

the highlevels ingame its even harder if not impossible to catch up. so either you buy a char yourself

or you use other opportunities giving by the game developers. im not expecting anymore to catch up with

someone of the top 50 but at least the feeling that i may could if i had the time makes it fair to me.

if this all doesnt make any sense to you im sorry... its 6 am and im in a coffein/cola/sugar/cigarette flash.

After i saw youre above quoted post i felt like i should show my oppinion. i love the nmt as it is.. i didnt

used my nmt when it was breakable which also means i didnt train for that one month. So yeh.. im kinda

bounded to it.. even tho i guess time would heal wounds and i would just go train with lower armor on a

monster i can take.

Well.. thats it i guess o_0

Edited by Scorpius

thanks Joss

i like youre post and i agree with everything you say

the only problem is , you vote no But then you dont give a single reason as to why :omg:

and then you say you voted no, but making it break will be realistic and dynamic...im just confused , to me it sounds like you should have voted YES..this begs the question, Why did you vote NO? ;)

oh and also you say you dont support level grinding, do you realise that the Nmt actually supports level grinders?

Well i if i did not make it understandable enough, i voted no, but now i think it would be a yes, because it would make it so that players wouldn't have to grind so much to get a NMT cloak...

Just a little miss understanding i guess..

thanks Joss

Well i if i did not make it understandable enough, i voted no, but now i think it would be a yes, because it would make it so that players wouldn't have to grind so much to get a NMT cloak...

Just a little miss understanding i guess..

thanks Joss

repent and yee shall be savedah !!! lmao sorry couldnt resist...thanks for youre honesty ;)

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

i think the reason why most of el don't post thier comments on this flamed thread is because what they were going to say has already been said or that they don't want to get involved in a flame war.

i voted no. because i have been working for awhile to get a nmt and have used $usd to buy stuff from the store to sell for gc and i would hate to see the nmt break once i got it and all that RL hard work go down the drain in under a week (or how ever long it takes to break. the way i sometimes train it would proboly last a week)

atm i am reset and have the perk which is fine for me training with low p/c but when i reset to pk i would like the extra 7 pp's the perk costs

El Miranda Rights (mainly to lighten up the mode of this thread and create some laughter)

i have the right to remain silent.

if i give up the right to remain silent anything I say can and will be misquoted,spammed and used against me on forums and ingame.

I have a right to a fair hearing.

if i give up my right to a fair hearing and spam or insult the mods/dev, or other players

I understand i run the risk of being banned and anything i say/do wrong can and will get me banned longer.

*any flaming or smart mouthed reply to this post will go unanswered*

Edited by jrritter31984

This is not to undermine the previous post or to flame it, but i would like to say that everything in the EL game takes some measure of RL time and effort. To say that you would like it unbreakable because of the RL time/effort you put into it is a little odd, because by the same respect, things like titanium armor and serp swords of thermal should also be unbreakable. I understand that you would like to the see the fruit of your effort last long, but then again, so did everyone who had their titanium plate break when training on beloved yetis and fluffies. Again, not an attempt to flame, just posting opinion.

Can you break an exc cloak through their normal use? If an event can break an NMT during its normal use

why not break exc cloaks during mining?

That's a good idea..

Can you break an exc cloak through their normal use? If an event can break an NMT during its normal use

why not break exc cloaks during mining?

That's a good idea..

Yes, but just in low low low % of a cavern wall collaps ;)

I would say that even though the votes are against breaking everyone is now talking about how to get the NMT out of the game. If the solutions provided will not work then the obvious choice is to make them breakable. No matter how you look at it removing them from the game is now the choice and that is the way the poll should be read even with the votes being against breaking.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

Perseverance and Tolerance Honored

Well I can only speak for myself and not others who have voted no. I totally understand that there is/will be a problem with too many NMT's ingame.

So why did i vote no ?

Because I think they can be removed from the game without making them breakable ( some idea's have already been suggested by various players) in my case a NO vote isnt a vote against change or removing them from the game some how, but a vote against just making them breakable without considering other options.

Should there be a way to remove them from the game .. YES

Should this only involve having them break .. NO

The only problem with a simple YES/NO poll is that it doesnt show all the options or arguements and backs people into a corner, maybe other's who voted no feel the same as me and that there needs to be an exit for the cape but with no other options to vote for the only way they can vote is no ... who knows :)

Edited by conavar

For 1 month i couldnt play el cause i had network problems. When i came back i saw doa members and some others with higher a/d and better stats cause they were training with nmt and full titanium .I am glad about this cause finally we see some people in pk maps.

If nmt change again after 1 month we ll see the people who want nmt breakable to complain about pk and wondering why pk is dead. If you want pk let people level up. Yetis drop a lot of gc, ent buffed them again so u should be happy.

I payed 90$ to buy a thermal and traded it for nmt. If nmt becomes breakable again it seems that i wasted 90$.

Even worst some people killed thousand of fluffies and after a long long time they got one. Others were lucky and found 3 nmt . So its unfair again. Ask them how they will feel.

For 1 month i couldnt play el cause i had network problems. When i came back i saw doa members and some others with higher a/d and better stats cause they were training with nmt and full titanium .I am glad about this cause finally we see some people in pk maps.

If nmt change again after 1 month we ll see the people who want nmt breakable to complain about pk and wondering why pk is dead. If you want pk let people level up. Yetis drop a lot of gc, ent buffed them again so u should be happy.

I payed 90$ to buy a thermal and traded it for nmt. If nmt becomes breakable again it seems that i wasted 90$.

Even worst some people killed thousand of fluffies and after a long long time they got one. Others were lucky and found 3 nmt . So its unfair again. Ask them how they will feel.

what in the world are you talking about? PK is dead right now, noone ever in pk

what in the world are you talking about? PK is dead right now, noone ever in pk

The last days things are different. People pk a bit more.If doa members were still 80's they would never fight you.Finally i see people in nc arena and nc pk cave.There were days were i couldnt find a player to pk although i was searcing all c1 and c2. The last days i fought with Marr, Halo, Ambrosius, and some doa. Haunter from my guild pked a couple of people also. After the pk tournament there were some good fights.

Think that 70's and 80's players if they level up fast they ll start pking too. Someothers will recover from reset

Edited by agis29

The poll is limited and the choice given is very unpopular for a lot of people. If it is a choice between nothing happening and the NMT becoming breakable then the NMT must be breakable. If some of the very good ideas provided to remove NMT from the game are instituted then they could remain unbreakable because they would still leave the game. Voting for it to not be breakable so you can level faster without suggesting a way to get them out of the game hurts the game. Simple logic dictates that something must be done. The status quo cannot be maintained indefinitely.

20 left the game in the entire time they have been here and that includes them breaking when people were using them under threat of them remaining unbreakable permanently. Take away the ones that broke in combat and the ones that left the game can almost be counted on one hand. This is more than half a year after they were put in game. They will flood the market and lose all value eventually unless they stop dropping. This is not a maybe and it is not a possibility it is a mathematically inescapable fact.

If you don't want them to break then either support the ideas given to get them out of the game or come up with your own ways to get them out of the game. Change has to be made and that is unavoidable. The poll does not give you the options you might want but that is why their is a thread attached to the poll so that you can voice your opinion. Voting to break them or voicing your idea or supporting someone else's idea to remove them from the game are the only three ways you can show that you care about EL and its future. Please show that you do care.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

The poll is limited and the choice given is very unpopular for a lot of people. If it is a choice between nothing happening and the NMT becoming breakable then the NMT must be breakable. If some of the very good ideas provided to remove NMT from the game are instituted then they could remain unbreakable because they would still leave the game. Voting for it to not be breakable so you can level faster without suggesting a way to get them out of the game hurts the game. Simple logic dictates that something must be done. The status quo cannot be maintained indefinitely.

20 left the game in the entire time they have been here and that includes them breaking when people were using them under threat of them remaining unbreakable permanently. Take away the ones that broke in combat and the ones that left the game can almost be counted on one hand. This is more than half a year after they were put in game. They will flood the market and lose all value eventually unless they stop dropping. This is not a maybe and it is not a possibility it is a mathematically inescapable fact.

If you don't want them to break then either support the ideas given to get them out of the game or come up with your own ways to get them out of the game. Change has to be made and that is unavoidable. The poll does not give you the options you might want but that is why their is a thread attached to the poll so that you can voice your opinion. Voting to break them or voicing your idea or supporting someone else's idea to remove them from the game are the only three ways you can show that you care about EL and its future. Please show that you do care.

TirunCollimdus

CoGM of PATH

I dont see any reason why nmt shouldnt be unbreakable. Actually i dont even thing that we must give ideas cause nmt isnt a problem at all. You can have your own opinion and i respect it.

If you want ideas here are some:

1) An npc that will buy the capes

2) Additional god quests that would require nmt. Sooner or later additional quests must be added otherwise all players will end up buying nexuses and nexuses removal stones instead of training. Someone cant cover 18millions of exp by getting 300k per hour or less. I think thats the main reason that many top players quit or sold chars.

Thats the main problem of the game and not the capes.

Edited by agis29

NMT must be breakable to get it out of game. Shouldnt a arti cape break too then, since I doubt anyone loses one, or get it broken in pk/training.