Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

what percentage have to vote yes before decision is made?

sorry if this was brought up before, i havent read the whole post ;)

it wasent brought up but i suspect whatever Entropy feels comfortable with

I dont know what top fighters will do if nmt will become breakable again.

In such case i ll take the perk. 7 pps are a problem.But untill 140 a/d i ll save many gc so i will be able to buy 20 nexuses and turn them into pps. Without the perk i would waste my gc to buy the plates that were destroyed.

Add the fact that someone can train with fr cape in spawns and stay many hours and think how difficult it will be for a red cape to break.

So yes i believe it worth for someone to take the perk.

Edited by agis29

In such case i ll take the perk. 7 pps are a problem.But untill 140 a/d i ll save many gc so i will be able to buy 20 nexuses and turn them into pps. Without the perk i would waste my gc to buy the plates that were destroyed.

Add the fact that someone can train with fr cape in spawns and stay many hours and think how difficult it will be for a red cape to break.

well then much like youre siggy "begin with youre own account" ;)

if you do end up buying pp for pc just remember that 7pp you wasted will have cost you 7million gc (or 1750$usd) u could have boguht ALOT of breakable Nmt for that, probably more worth it to buy and break 15 nmt then do that

but with a 1/40,000 break rate i highly doubt you could break 15 would take forever

Edited by mufossa

Hey lets kill to birds with one stone.

Leave NMT unbreakable

Increase the drop rate of NMT .

Remove Rosto from the game.

Have NMT act as a rosto. (that should remove them from the game)

;)

edit: after post was taking seriously . sorry was only sarcasm

Edited by conavar

Leave NMT unbreakable

:P

And people who harv or mix with rost, because they use COL and MoL ?

And use exc or fr cape.

I use to,many other do the same.

Can't use 2 capes at same time ;)

I agree with zamirah.

as there was many times said,ppl on fluffs with nmt,plate and col train for hours and dont die,so no lost nmts there,maybe sometimes on yetis,but pk would be more empty than its now,cuz nobody would want to lost his nmt...

Leave NMT unbreakable

:)

And people who harv or mix with rost, because they use COL and MoL ?

And use exc or fr cape.

I use to,many other do the same.

Can't use 2 capes at same time :P

Sorry Zamirah is was earlier morning sarcasm .(back to being serious)

While I understand the point about the top 20 a/d players not wasting 7pp on NMT perk, they are not the ones training above there level.( and hence not the problem)

The one's training above there level are new, low to mid level characters who can in theory can afford the pp's to take the perk.so IMO the problem will stay the same in that sense.

Edit: typo (which I hadnt noticed till mufo pointed it out ;) )

Edited by conavar

well then much like youre siggy "begin with youre own account" ;)

if you do end up buying pp for pc just remember that 7pp you wasted will have cost you 7million gc (or 1750$usd) u could have boguht ALOT of breakable Nmt for that, probably more worth it to buy and break 15 nmt then do that

but with a 1/40,000 break rate i highly doubt you could break 15 would take forever

I prefer to waste 10 million gc than wasting one million hours harvesting blue lupines or titanium to buy cols,titanium sets and iron sets.

I prefer to train wearing a col and train more than searching 2 hours for a spawn and waste sr's and he's cause my training wont last long without a col. Time is money btw.

I hate losing red capes with 1 hit.

Also i am not 15 years old i am 30 and i am playing el to relax from work and have fun. Its boring to harvest bl and if i had to do that all the time i would quit.

Manu will become boring for me cause without nmt i wont have a reason to mix, to buy efe's and make plates and weapons.

AND I AM HAVING FUN TRAINING WITH NMT OR WITH NMT PERK AND THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Edited by agis29

Well reason why i should vote NO for breakable NMT-i don't wanna lost thing which costed a LOT gc and work to get it gcs ;) (i don't have NMT yet, but i earning gc for it atm).

But on the other hand, reason why i can vote YES for breakable NMT- there is a GAME so there should be some difficult things (like you lost your NMT, than you need once again kill lots of monsters or do something to get more gc, to get new NMT)...

So in conclusion: i think i won't vote :P

Well reason why i should vote NO for breakable NMT-i don't wanna lost thing which costed a LOT gc and work to get it gcs :D (i don't have NMT yet, but i earning gc for it atm).

But on the other hand, reason why i can vote YES for breakable NMT- there is a GAME so there should be some difficult things (like you lost your NMT, than you need once again kill lots of monsters or do something to get more gc, to get new NMT)...

So in conclusion: i think i won't vote :confused:

awww rev we lub you though :wub:

But I think Rev's answer sums it up really , its not as simple as a yes/no answer. There have been good points made for both sides of the debate

But it would be nice to know what Ents plans are if the answer is YES. Would it be made degradable and fixable ? would it just break ? or anything else Ent has in mind (like omg's idea) ?

A would like a compromise of some sort ( because IMO even those of us who voted no realise there is an issues with NMT) but without knowing the full extent of a YES vote or more voting options alot of people will or have voted no

nmt should br breakable, but it shouldn't be worth 400k

increase drop rate, but few times so it will be worth 50k max, then ppl will train in it even if it's breakable

not sure bout that who can say if the drop rate balences if ur cape breaks lol who wants to be the first to test the odds and lose their cape they just spent 200-400k for cuz its breakable gl with drops ;P

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?

Look at it this way,

In the begginning of game people saved and saved for the deadly full iron/serp it was worth loads, and then in 1 update of new armor etc etc the price dropped CONSIDERABLY so don't complain if we do make it breakable and have it so that OTHERS can actually have the cape. I mean come on if we got a steady FLOW of NMT capes, then it doesn't matter if they are breakable. EXP: yours breaks, and you only gotta get 40k, unlike some people whose cape broke a few months ago when they were worth much much more.

I say Make it breakable, and increase the drop rate, and possibly make ogre able to drop it =D :D:confused:

Ciao

Stricken

steady flow?hmm howcome they went from 200-250k to 400-800k maybe cus they are rarer and like i said b4 nmt has been ingame along time and iirc ent said they was 500+ now thats a steady rate add the fact they are even harder to get i think that decreases this flow but then again its said everyone has one lol i see no real point in making it breakable posts here is cuz everyone has it or is training a/d with it so y can't u or those that complain do the same?i mean even so-called noobs have it and u and others can't get?does ppl hate the fact so called noobs have a nmt is that our buisness what they have if so y ain't we also complaining they have full tit/steel col jaggeds a such why are we so judgemental towards others?cuz its so unfair?howso?u can do the same if they can right?but like i said before the real reason seems to be ppl are training a/d at a faster rate,although nmt just protects our gear not give us extra exp. we do have to actually train ;P and the nmt doesn't make that easier exp is still the same unless u count it saves our gear and y is that wrong again?

steady flow?

You seem to have missed what was written:

I mean come on if we got a steady FLOW of NMT capes, then it doesn't matter if they are breakable.

Please note the bolded portion in the above quote. This is based on Entropy's own statement:

would you like to make the NMT cape less rare (say, twice as likely to drop), but make it break (1 in 40K chance)?

Again, note the bolded portion.

hmm howcome they went from 200-250k to 400-800k maybe cus they are rarer and like i said b4 nmt has been ingame along time and iirc ent said they was 500+ now thats a steady rate add the fact they are even harder to get i think that decreases this flow but then again its said everyone has one lol i see no real point in making it breakable posts here is cuz everyone has it or is training a/d with it so y can't u or those that complain do the same?i mean even so-called noobs have it and u and others can't get?

Who here is complaining about not being able to get an NMT? That isn't even the point of this thread. The point is that the capes are entering the game with no real exit. You seem to be one of the few that seem to think this thread is about anything other than that.

oh they want to get rid of them yet making them breakable and getting at a steady flow seems to be the fix then eh?if ur 1/40000 odds are as good as u say then lets assume i get 2 everynite while still having mine and others do the same,seems to me thats adding more but i guess u want to base it on others breaking theres or hopefully we break ours and can't get another w/o risking our costly armor,but i imagine ppl will be serping orges like crazy to try to sell to us kinda like they are doing now in hopes to get from a fluff.i don't really think i'm missing much here in my thought process unless u suggest we train in crap armor so the risk ain't great lol but i like others seem to like the idea its not breakable cuz many say they'll reset or take perk,speaking of which one can take perk and get uber rich serping orges lol now the yeti can't be blamed so much hmm fantastic idea nmt's for everyone lol,back to reset topic in which one has to spend 7 pps for perk,as of now they don't have too do such a thing cuz nmt isn't breakable and hopefully it stays that way cuz its sad a breakable nmt dictates how one must decide perk or hope for drops lol such a shame the nmt is reduded to a red cape and i'll make a comparsion so u don't jump me red cape protects from brod,bod as nmt protects from monster hits being able to break gear now it will also break like a red cape just not as fast i guess or hopefully not god forbid ;P

Edited by Justin

I've been in the game for almost 4 years and I still don't have 1 :D but i've had full titanium/steel/bronze/dragon/iron etc etc not at same time of course, I mean it's not that hard to get armor, I just didn't feel like saving for a nmt when I can just buy another pice of armor. I broke a full set of steel in 1 day then the next day got titanium.. NOt that big a deal imo :confused:

i get 2 everynite while still having mine and others do the same

Wellt hink, NOW they are only 30-40k lol i mean yeti's drop titanium armor, and it's pretty rare still and its only worth 30-40k which means you'll have extras so you don't gotta worry about breaking right?

ye but thats lucky pk not everyone pk's so its a big deal ;P

oh well thats just an assumption noone knows if that will happen it could or it could not lol

Edited by Justin

lol, based on increase of the nmt cape rarity that seems to have affected the price, by doubling it. so if we were to half the chance to drop a nmt it's pretty much back at 200k so petty little pkers don't gotta worry about their crappy cape losing rarity. ITS A CAPE. I mean in real life or any other game you'll rarely find something that is unbreakable, Everything has it's weak points which is why the nmt should be made breakable. It would give the game a lot more appeal and make it more interesting for th enon-fighters, etc etc. I mean the game is pretty full of fighters, and not every person is able to get their hands on the cape, if it were cheaper I would buy more, but it's current price is far to high, so i just took the perk after i did a #reset and then I went and trained for 40+ oa's in a few hours, like I said not a big deal. breaking the nmt's is just a way of keeping them rarer. I would make the nmt breakable and keep the drop rate RIGHT WHERE IT IS. but it aint my final decision, it's the sexy entropy's :D

oh that'd really influence ppl to go out and train and break their only nmt and never find another and 400k for protection of 150k gear for 8-10hrs a day training for days w/o something breaking (my exp) hmm seems well worth it to me try that w/o a nmt with tit plate/steel bottoms/tit shield/col see how far u get on fluff/feros/yetis ;P heck even a orges degraded my col thats when i decided to get one

OMG A COL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

not the end of the world, and I only said that cuz it would really throw the game into a 180 and it would be fun and aggravating all the same