Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT breakable poll

Would you like the NMT to be breakable, but less rare?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Yes, make it break.
    • No

Voted yes. As far as I'm aware, the breakage rate is per number of hits taken. This means players fighting level-appropriate monsters will not break a cape as often as someone 20-30 a/d under the recommended levels. All the players currently coasting on fluffies for their fast & easy levels don't get hit all that often, and thus would not break NMT capes often.

Personally, I break lots of gear, and would most likely break more than my fair share of NMT capes.

Some examples:

grep -c "Your Crown of Life has been degraded to Damaged Crown of Life" ~/.elc/chat_log.txt

grep -c "Your Titanium Greave has been degraded to Used Titanium Greave" ~/.elc/chat_log.txt

grep -c "Your Titanium Cuisses has been degraded to Used Titanium Cuisses" ~/.elc/chat_log.txt

grep -c "Your Titanium Shield has been degraded to Used Titanium Shield" ~/.elc/chat_log.txt

Maybe I would have to adjust to different armor, weapon, monster.... who knows? This is what each fighter must figure out on his(/her) own. As for the NMT Perk(not the cape), it's largely useless at the moment. Making the cape (slightly) breakable would give an advantage to those players who've spent their hard-earned 7 pickpoints. Much as this will hurt me personally, at least in terms of gc, I think this change is long overdue.

Voted against this idea coz it will make players lvl up slower( so its good only for ppl that made nice a/d/oa when nmt was unbreakable and they dont train a/d/oa now).

However if it gets implemented i will just addapt my character to it, to lvl as fast or maybe even faster than before, so no big deal for me :D

mp

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?
Im going to already tell you the f-ed up answer that you will get for this "This is a mmorpblahblah, its subject to change always"
yup what this guy said

remember this is a beta game..you cannot expect things to stay as they are........little things (and big things) need to be tweaked untill ballance is achieved

Told ya thats the kinda imo bs answer you'd get

Edited by Kidberg

Ya right piper its a logical though but what about the ppl who spend 400k on a NMT, it will be fair for them if the price goes to 40k?
Im going to already tell you the f-ed up answer that you will get for this "This is a mmorpblahblah, its subject to change always"
yup what this guy said

remember this is a beta game..you cannot expect things to stay as they are........little things (and big things) need to be tweaked untill ballance is achieved

Told ya thats the kinda imo bs answer you'd get

well it is what it is

I am pretty sure that most people will vote against the idea, but would you like to make the NMT cape less rare (say, twice as likely to drop), but make it break (1 in 40K chance)?

I vote against it, I don't actually own a NMT cape yet, but I like the fact that it is both rare and indestructable.

I am voting for this idea, because I think it will make the game more interesting and dynamic.

Then this is the deciding factor. At the end of the day you have the final say so, this is a game in beta, you are the owner of the game and we are just here to have fun play testing it.

So far all updates have made this game more fun I'll trust your judgement to make the best decision with regards to making the game better for all.

Guest ohmygod

Yes, it's going to be used in a god quest, but the problem is that even this is not a permanent solution. The other solution, which is in place right now, is to just reduce their rate a lot.

even if you reduce their rate alot i dont think it will have the impact that is neccessary....

they are going to have to be made breakable (sooner or later) it is the only way to ballance this situation

There is another solution. Get the red cape back the original break rate it had. Its being over used and now Breanch of destruction is almost never used because of it.

When the people complained it broke too fast I think they just should have been told "would you rather get hit by branch?" instead of reducing the break rate so much. Just think how many more nmt's would have been destroyed if red cape was not in game :D

erm,

There has been many topics started over the past few weeks/months discussing how to get more people into pk.

Please correct me if im am wrong but may be this would undo all the work done so far to encourage people to pk more?

But your comment about ways to get nmts out of game made me think of the following and please dont take this the wrong way:

Make swamp poison pools in to acid pools with effects similar to acid rain. As I do believe that this would get some NMTs out of the game from the unsuspecting monster hunters.

Edited by ohmygod

I don't think that people don't PK out of the fear of breaking their armors/weapons.

They don't PK because there is no 'advantage' in winning a fight (other than being in the PK top), and there is a penalty for losing a fight (lost rotsogol).

Another problem is with people being allied and not wanting to PK their friends.

I think that once I am going to implement a PK map where you won't see the name of the players, so you can just PK anyone you see without feeling bad about it.

I think that once I am going to implement a PK map where you won't see the name of the players, so you can just PK anyone you see without feeling bad about it.

now thats a great idea

Didn't read the whole topic. But just wanna throw in a silly idea I had ages ago, even tho I'm not gonna be liked for it.

A lot of people tend to take their NMT with them and may even wear it when they enter PK. Last time they were breakable half of the people just stopped using theirs. I think it'd be more effective if you made the BRoD cheaper and had the NMT "attract" the effect or something.

Oh, and I voted no. My NMT cost me enough, I don't want to lose it. I had to sell some items that were precious to me so long ago to get it so it has emotional worth to meh. :D

-Blee

I voted for NO. I dont really care if almost everyone including n00bs wear NMT's. If you make NMT breakable, it will be waste of time/money for everyone that wanted to buy 1 and worked for 10-15days(maybe a month).

And unbreakable NMT's are helping people to train easily. Also in the future we will see its advantage when almost everyove starts PK :D :D

Well, yeah, if it is breakable more monsters will drop it.

BTW, the fluffy drops very little.

This would be great, it will pull the ppl towards other monsters as well.

Make it breakable, cost of it will drop and even more ppl can afford it and 1/40k isn't that bad is it?

But as already suggested in another topic about this issue, make wearing the nmt also more human nexus dependent, like human 8 or 9.

Also a degradable NMT could solve some issues, but let top lvl crafters repair and not some npc. this will give them something else to do then making CoL's .

Still i'l keep my vote but untill now i think it will be a yes, but maybe some1 comes with a good argument to say no.

But as already suggested in another topic about this issue, make wearing the nmt also more human nexus dependent, like human 8 or 9.

Also a degradable NMT could solve some issues, but let top lvl crafters repair and not some npc. this will give them something else to do then making CoL's .

i like these ideas. maybe cloak-reparing is something for the new Engineering skill?

i voted yes because i think it is better for the game.

I knew it, it can't simply stay unbreakable. I voted no though, I doub't this is the problem nowadays.

i wonder why if you are smart enough to recognize that it simply cannot stay invincincible , you vote against you instincts

I don't like harving. :confused:

In my humble opinion NMT properties shouldn't be changed. Let's keep it as it is.

This product is quite expensive and hard to find thus such action would lower its (high) rank in the EL community.

Jio

In my humble opinion NMT properties shouldn't be changed. Let's keep it as it is.

This product is quite expensive and hard to find thus such action would lower its (high) rank in the EL community.

Jio

did you read any of this thread? it will be only a 1/40,000 break rate

drop rate will be increased by 100%

and it will be added to more monsters

This vote make ma laugh almost to death

market price for NMT- 500k GC

Fluffs/Yetis dont drop them much

NMT still can be destroyed by BRoD

I vote No

Btw Ent why we cant buy NMT from some NPC like Wiktor?

Make price like 250k or so and make it breakable

Maybe that would work?

Jio

Kotuniu is right. Let's keep it very rare. Almost elite.

Common things are dull... :/

Also less nmt capes => more items break

more items break => more items comes & goes through market

Jio

did you read any of this thread? it will be only a 1/40,000 break rate

drop rate will be increased by 100%

and it will be added to more monsters

I agree with you Mufo... I voted for no but it was wrong :) And as empi said before, If you make NMT's breakable, it will be fun and the takers of NMT perk (not cape) will get the advantage of using 7 hard-earned pps...

thnx kaddy

:confused:

Edited by OldySchooly

if they dont break = even if they come in game very rare THEY DONT LEAVE

= less items break cause everyone has a nmt

Edited by mufossa

Jio

It will be 1/40k chance to break... Do you think it will break much???!?!

Jio

WELL TIT PL8 = 1/10,000 break rate...and that very rarley breaks,,so you deciede

Jio

WELL TIT PL8 = 1/10,000 break rate...and that very rarley breaks,,so you deciede

What about NMT perk takers?

Jio

i dont understand what u r asking

Jio

Some of people with low money takes NMT perks and uses 7 hard-earned pps... And as the NMT's are unbreakable, the perk of NMT has no advantage :confused: make it breakable then the perk takers will get their advantage of using 7 pps

got it?

Jio

Some of people with low money takes NMT perks and uses 7 hard-earned pps... And as the NMT's are unbreakable, the perk of NMT has no advantage :confused: make it breakable then the perk takers will get their advantage of using 7 pps

got it?

oh yes, i agree