Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mufossa

The Nmt

I think a problem in this game is that the NMT cloak does not degrade, i know alot of peole will hate that i

say this, more importantly some will also agree with me .

There has been alot of discussion latley about why people bypass the chims, and jump to higher level monster (from fluffy to yeti) well if Nmt cloak degraded i think it would be a BIG part of the solution to this problem , i can tell you from experience when you try and train above youre levels w/out an item such as a NMT you will break ALOT more items...

also, i have noticed ALOT of players with level way too low training on monster well above what they should

be using ,mainly due to the fact that they have an indestructable NMT to protect their col and expensive

tit/steel sets/cutlass,

once again making the nmt breakable would send people back down to the monster they belong on (maybe some will argue and say that they wont but after a few serious blows to their bank account due to losing armour they wont have much choice) when i say this i am not only talking about fluffy chim trainers im even talking about armed orcs and ogres and cyclopse trainers also.. I think making this cloak breakable will bring back a ballance to training on monster suitable to players a/d.

What are eveyone else's thoughts on this?

Edited by mufossa

be carefull what you wish for, if it becomes breakable the price will fall drasticly and noobs will still be able to afford one so wont really make a difference except when you find one and only get 20kgc for it

be carefull what you wish for, if it becomes breakable the price will fall drasticly and noobs will still be able to afford one so wont really make a difference except when you find one and only get 20kgc for it

i honestly dont think the price will fall that drastically

The reason I skip chims, is because fluffy give more xp than chimmy. Nothing to do with itembreakage/nmt etc.

u r still on fluffy you havent moved to yeti yet :)

Edited by mufossa

The reason I skip chims, is because fluffy give more xp than chimmy. Nothing to do with itembreakage/nmt etc.

So... I will move to yeti, and skip chims. And breakable nmt wont change that. That is what this is about or am I reading wrong?

I don't like it because I don't use an NMT to train above my level, I use it to control the costs of training AT my level (augmented leather or iron plate and no weapon). Critters at the lower levels don't drop much so training is not self-supporting. A broken NMT would be the loss of that investment plus an increase in training costs.

Personally, I think wearing higher level armor should be a privilege earned by your skill. I'd much rather see the type of armor you are allowed to wear tied to your a/d levels (in addition to or instead of human nexus). That way a mid 60's a/d couldn't be training on fluffies in full TI because they wouldn't be able to wear it yet.

This would have the side benefit that people fighting in the level-restricted arenas wouldn't be doing so in full TI/Cutlass, but more level appropriate armor/weapons.

So... I will move to yeti, and skip chims. And breakable nmt wont change that. That is what this is about or am I reading wrong?

yes you are reading it correctly :)

but my point is that you say it wont change it now but after you experience it i think you will change youre mind..

..lets use asgnny as an example even with his high a/d and a Nmt he broke something like 6 tit cussies and a tit sheild and cutlass last week , no imagune that x 1/4th could be the decieding factor for alot of people

Edited by mufossa

Okay, but if I dont wear a nmt, ill still go to yeti, and skip chimmies, because fluffy give more xp?

I problably break loads on yeti, but going chims for that, isnt a "solution" cause they give crap xp?

I don't like it because I don't use an NMT to train above my level, I use it to control the costs of training AT my level (augmented leather or iron plate and no weapon). Critters at the lower levels don't drop much so training is not self-supporting. A broken NMT would be the loss of that investment plus an increase in training costs.

Personally, I think wearing higher level armor should be a privilege earned by your skill. I'd much rather see the type of armor you are allowed to wear tied to your a/d levels (in addition to or instead of human nexus). That way a mid 60's a/d couldn't be training on fluffies in full TI because they wouldn't be able to wear it yet.

This would have the side benefit that people fighting in the level-restricted arenas wouldn't be doing so in full TI/Cutlass, but more level appropriate armor/weapons.

yes you are one of the few who does thing accordingly.

unfortunatly , alot of peole take a full steel or tit set with a col and cutlass and go to a monster 20 or 30 levels higher (mabye im being to excessive, but mabye not) and are able to afford it due to protection and comfort of NON degradable nmt...

also believe it or not this will be better for the economy

Okay, but if I dont wear a nmt, ill still go to yeti, and skip chimmies, because fluffy give more xp?

I problably break loads on yeti, but going chims for that, isnt a "solution" cause they give crap xp?

well with the current situation youre correct

im not saying this is the perfect fix their will still have to be a few other changes like decrease chim respawn and give a bit better gc/drops

Edited by mufossa

Ur very wrong, i remember perfectly when u hoped that nmt is really unbreakable when it was just implemented to the game.

U trained a/d about a year, maybe less, and u made great progress, from 120/126 to ~140( i know exact stats but since luciferx got privacy on i wont tell them).

W/o nmt it would not be possible or it would be possible with much more money spent in el shop.

Many players will catch that a/d lvls since u dont train( afaik luci doesnt train too, or very little), u cant accept it so u suggest many changes that will make ppl lvl slower( making fluffies/feros worser for training, making yetis worser for training, making nmt breakable).

When max p/c in el was 15/15 ppl couldnt reach such lvls as they can now.

Same when DonPedro was no1, his a121d120 and 139oa lvl means WAY more training than most of current top a/d and oa did.

So now u made big a/d lvls and oa fast, and u suggest to make it slow again? How "pr0" of u.

Durning the breakable nmt period ppl who were too weak for yetis didnt go to chims, they came back to fluff/feros, since chims were and still r bad for training( many ppl explained that in other thread , no need to repeat that here in details).

If Entropy decides to make traning of a/d harder than i will addapt to it, no idea however how many newbie players will, most of them probably will loose motivation to train/play.

Just some thoughts from former top1 oa lvl player and current top3attack and top1def ingame :)

Sorry for typos, was late when i saw that thread but felt like replying.

mp

There are some other points that should be considered.

Without nmt, a massive number of players will stop using tit/steel plates, and even COL. This way, they dont need rostogols.

Briefling, titanium and steel plate (also col) degrade/break less with nmt, but they wont degrade on the storage (bad for the market, few outgoing of this kind of armour).

Less outgoing of rostogol too, since players wont use rostogol for cheaper armour.

And players will train less, which means less pk activitie :s

Just my opinion.

Edited by Vormavius

Ur very wrong, i remember perfectly when u hoped that nmt is really unbreakable when it was just implemented to the game.

U trained a/d about a year, maybe less, and u made great progress, from 120/126 to ~140( i know exact stats but since luciferx got privacy on i wont tell them).

W/o nmt it would not be possible or it would be possible with much more money spent in el shop.

Many players will catch that a/d lvls since u dont train( afaik luci doesnt train too, or very little), u cant accept it so u suggest many changes that will make ppl lvl slower( making fluffies/feros worser for training, making yetis worser for training, making nmt breakable).

When max p/c in el was 15/15 ppl couldnt reach such lvls as they can now.

Same when DonPedro was no1, his a121d120 and 139oa lvl means WAY more training than most of current top a/d and oa did.

So now u made big a/d lvls and oa fast, and u suggest to make it slow again? How "pr0" of u.

Durning the breakable nmt period ppl who were too weak for yetis didnt go to chims, they came back to fluff/feros, since chims were and still r bad for training( many ppl explained that in other thread , no need to repeat that here in details).

If Entropy decides to make traning of a/d harder than i will addapt to it, no idea however how many newbie players will, most of them probably will loose motivation to train/play.

Just some thoughts from former top1 oa lvl player and current top3attack and top1def ingame :)

Sorry for typos, was late when i saw that thread but felt like replying.

mp

i admit everything you say is true....

But when NMT was made unbreakable who thought it would be like this???? no one.....

the unbreakable nature of this item is causing and overflow of people in spawns they dont belong in, and therfore people who do belong in them cannot train properly ....

unforseen problems occured due to this items unbreakable nature, so you see im not making this post for self gain, it is for a better futre and more suitable trianing conditions for everyone.

also empi i made most of my levels b4 that cloak existed, remember me and you pvp for 12 hours a day with fur cloak

Also empi i dont play as a fighter/ ad leveler anymore i have harvest char and i like to chat and harvest is all

i dont even have a NMT btw

There is some other points that should be considered.

Without nmt, a massive number of players will stop using tit/steel plates, and even COL. This way, they dont need rostogols.

Briefling, titanium and steel plate (also col) degrade/break less with nmt, but they wont degrade on the storage (bad for the market, few outgoing of this kind of armour).

Less outgoing of rostogol too, since players wont use rostogol for cheaper armour.

And players will train less, which means less pk activitie :s

Just my opinion.

were there is a will there is a way, people who want to continue to train and pk simply will, i dont think they will give up because of this cape being breakable ..

we trained with out it (remember when we used to pvp @ levels 80ad in co cave)

you do make some legit points to consider, thanks for youre info

Edited by mufossa

That actually is a good idea.

I dont think the whole problem lays at the Feet of the NMT,myself and gnny have had this convo recently and a major problem wth people training above there levels is p/c is to powerful ( and allows ppl to neg out and train above there level) most of the benifits given by p/c should be moved to a/d (so a higher level a/d with low p/c is better than a lower level char with high p/c which is how it should be)

p/c should give a small bonus but thats all it should be a small bonus

if that doesnt make sense im sure gnny can explain it better

Edit: to answer the question should NMT be made breakable, I havent a Clue it has both its benefits and down sides. And I think that a lot of differant aspect need to be tweaked ie: spawn times, xp, drops, spawn amounts to make all creatures used on a regular basis .

Edited by conavar

Well as an alrounder i am saving gc to buy me an nmt one day... But i would also love to have an arti cape, which, and this is ridiculous, needs 10! human nexus. Why doesn't an nmt need this to wear it. and why can u wear titanium with only human 5 ? i have 25! pp in nexus just to do the thinks i like, and what does a fighter need ? 6 in human nexus and he can wear everything he need.

I don't think making the nmt breakable will be a solution but maybe ent should try it for a while. I bet we'll see lot of fighters take some negs and put them into the nmt perk. then they can fight too high lvl monsters again and still there wont be any place for the top lvl fighters.

. I bet we'll see lot of fighters take some negs and put them into the nmt perk.

i guarentee this will never happen

You can't seriously want to take responsibility for other players' decisions :) Somebody might decide to prove you wrong :)

. I bet we'll see lot of fighters take some negs and put them into the nmt perk.

The pr0est fighter of all already has, Markusweck. :)

I dont think the whole problem lays at the Feet of the NMT,myself and gnny have had this convo recently and a major problem wth people training above there levels is p/c is to powerful ( and allows ppl to neg out and train above there level) most of the benifits given by p/c should be moved to a/d (so a higher level a/d with low p/c is better than a lower level char with high p/c which is how it should be)

p/c should give a small bonus but thats all it should be a small bonus

if that doesnt make sense im sure gnny can explain it better

I agree completely with this

Well as an alrounder i am saving gc to buy me an nmt one day... But i would also love to have an arti cape, which, and this is ridiculous, needs 10! human nexus. Why doesn't an nmt need this to wear it. and why can u wear titanium with only human 5 ? i have 25! pp in nexus just to do the thinks i like, and what does a fighter need ? 6 in human nexus and he can wear everything he need.

I don't think making the nmt breakable will be a solution but maybe ent should try it for a while. I bet we'll see lot of fighters take some negs and put them into the nmt perk. then they can fight too high lvl monsters again and still there wont be any place for the top lvl fighters.

That also would be a nice idea... Make nmt require a higher human nexus say 8 or 9! :)

You can't seriously want to take responsibility for other players' decisions :) Somebody might decide to prove you wrong :)

listen do you see how much gc and rl money people spend to add pp to pc? on nexus stones and hydro bars,

comming from a former TOP a/d player i can personally guarentee any serious top level pker isnt going to waste 7 pp on that perk not a chance in hell, unless they plan on a reset ....

7pp will cost like 1750$$$$ or 7million gc just think how many degradable NMT cloaks they can buy for that price.

im sure some people will take this perk, the ones who will probably already have it

but i can tell you right now NO top level pker will waste even one pp on anything besides p/c, they cannot afford to

Personally I would love to make the NMT slightly less rare and not be virtually indestructible, but most of the people would be very pissed off if I did that, so why even bother?

Personally I would love to make the NMT slightly less rare and not be virtually indestructible, but most of the people would be very pissed off if I did that, so why even bother?

Entropy i think you know better then anyone that 50% will be happy and 50% will not

i think youre idea of making them less rare and breakabke is the BEST idea possible

mabye we should take a vote or something

or atleast try it for a month and see the results

honestly when i made this thread i figured it would be flamed ALOT more then this but most people seem to admit that their is a flaw somehow or another with the cloak

Edited by mufossa

I think it will be more like 70% of the people against, and 20% for (the rest undecided).

If it were just 50%, I'd do it.

50% will be happy and 50% will not

Where do you get your numbers? Do you poll a representative sample of players or (which is kind of more likely) do you "pull them out of your ass" to use a figure of speech our God used so aptly in a related thread?

I think it will be more like 70% of the people against, and 20% for (the rest undecided).

If it were just 50%, I'd do it.

kk ill make a vote lets see whathappenes