Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elohir

Hybrid Capes

The idea of capes is a very good idea, but I've always wanted to wear two capes at once. I believe that hybrid capes would be a good way to boost engineering skill. The hybrid shouldn't be as potent as the original cape or capes though. There could also be enriched cape, I don't think all of them should be able to be enriched because that'd ruin their market value.

It should require a binding stone or two (depending on which one you're making) to make a hybrid cape. Enriched Capes should take two enrichment stones. I have comprised an example of an enriched cape and a hybrid cape's ingredients.

Cape of Protection: Gives Immunity to BroD and BoD; Gives the wearer +6 Magic Resistance

Required Materials: 1 Warlock's Cloak, 1 Cape of the Unbreakable, 2 Binding Stones, 20 Energy Essence

Knowledge Needed: Cape of Protection

Recommended Engineering Level: 45

Engineering Experience Given: 2500

Food Subtracted: 40

Stackable: No

Weight: 22 EMU

Enriched Fast Regeneration Cape: Gives the wearer the ability to recharge health/mana at 5x normal rate

Required Materials: 2 Fast Regeneration Capes, 2 Enrichment Stones, 50 energy essence

Knowledge Needed: Enriched Fast Regeneration Cape

Recommended Engineering level: 65

Engineering Experience Given: 2000

Food Subtracted: 35

Weight: 5 EMU

The Enriched Cape idea might not be so hot due to the perks that already give the Cape effects, but I believe that Hybrid Capes is a very good idea and could be added onto a lot. Not all of the Capes should be able to be put into a hybrid cape, though. I had some trouble coming up with names for the Hybrid Capes, that was the only trouble I had with this idea.

I also didn't put in any nexus requirements due to the fact that I didn't know what nexus would be required to engineer other futrue items such as the Camo Cape. There should be some nexus requirements for these items I would think.

Edited by Elrohir

good idea. or maybe make an 'enriched cape' stronger, for ex enriched nmt meanign 1/8 the chance to break, its 2 nmts put together, like you can put 2 cloakcs together and require 2 binding stones and enrichment stones, but with better 'enriched cloaks', they can all be the same lv but if you want to risk less get higher engineering.

Hi,the enriched fr cape i like but he protection 1 i don't like .

Not a bad idea but i think there are already enough capes in El red/brown/orange/black/purple/blue/white/...

What colour would you give this cloaks ???

Greetz Z

good idea. or maybe make an 'enriched cape' stronger, for ex enriched nmt meanign 1/8 the chance to break, its 2 nmts put together, like you can put 2 cloakcs together and require 2 binding stones and enrichment stones, but with better 'enriched cloaks', they can all be the same lv but if you want to risk less get higher engineering.

I believe that NMTs shouldn't be tampered with, it would screw up market pricing. If it gets higher than it already is it'll be impossible for people to get their hands on one.

Not a bad idea but i think there are already enough capes in El red/brown/orange/black/purple/blue/white/...

Greetz Z

you could always add a trim around the cloak

Greetz Z

you could always add a trim around the cloak

This I believe is quite simple and possible but bear with me, I don't think this is a very good image hosting site:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6cy9lw3

Edited by Elrohir

It strikes me that this defeats the purpose of actually having to make a choice, aka strategy.

It strikes me that this defeats the purpose of actually having to make a choice, aka strategy.

I was thinking and I would think that you would need AT LEAST 8 of one nexus or maybe 5 of two different nexus to make these capes. And maybe the recommended level could be higher. But if you look, the hybrid cape isn't as potent as the 2 original capes. It would only be sensible to put the requirements to make this type of item very high and thus it would make them very rare and very valuable.

I believe Aislinn is referring to the strategy of choice involved in picking out which lesser capes a player would use for various things. Having these Hybrid capes reduces that choice down, since a player would have a preference for the Hybrid rather than swapping between two different cloaks at any given time.

Personally I like the hybrid idea (despite the fact I would hate to see yet Another item steal away all my valuable binding stones!!) but it would require there to be a Lot of variants of Hybrid to make up for the reduction of choice of the lesser capes in practical usage. However, no doubt if ingame stock levels get too high for certain specific capes*, Radu would already have something in mind to deal with this particular problem and it might just turn out to be something similar in nature to your Hybrid Cloaks. Then again, it might not.

*BP cloaks for example, must be reaching large numbers ingame by now, I would imagine.

I don't disagree with those points, but the second example of enhanced FR doesn't really reduce strategy... Given the cost, it will still be quite a decision if people use it or the normal one.

... There could also be enriched cape, I don't think all of them should be able to be enriched because that'd ruin their market value.

Enriched Fast Regeneration Cape: Gives the wearer the ability to recharge health/mana at 5x normal rate

Required Materials: 2 Fast Regeneration Capes, 2 Enrichment Stones, 50 energy essence

Knowledge Needed: Enriched Fast Regeneration Cape

Recommended Engineering level: 65

Engineering Experience Given: 2000

Food Subtracted: 35

Weight: 5 EMU

The Enriched Cape idea might not be so hot due to the perks that already give the Cape effects, but I believe that Hybrid Capes is a very good idea and could be added onto a lot. Not all of the Capes should be able to be put into a hybrid cape, though. I had some trouble coming up with names for the Hybrid Capes, that was the only trouble I had with this idea.

I also didn't put in any nexus requirements due to the fact that I didn't know what nexus would be required to engineer other futrue items such as the Camo Cape. There should be some nexus requirements for these items I would think.

Speaking just for FR, I do believe there should be more ways to increase your regeneration rate of Mana (though not necessarily for Health) but the Perk should, IMHO, be better than any cape available (and this should be the case for ALL perks, IMHO... Perks cost far more than capes in end cost, and should give greater benefit than the capes) If the enriched capes were available, either the perks associated or the capes associated with them should be adjusted as well.

enriched Conjuror's Cape = <3 (yes I'm a summoning nut, I'm researching fluffy summoning as I type!)

I like the ideas although yeah not all capes should be hybridized or enriched, although some of them like the Conjuror cape should have a way to improve them

I still believe the Cape of Protection is a very good idea due to the fact that the Warlock's Cloak is almost useless at this point in the game. And yes, I do have several opinions to back that up. It seemed to me that the Engineering skill needed some more items or something, maybe this idea would give the Engineering skill a boost and thus in turn would increase the value of the Warlock's Cloak. In conclusion: no matter how much merit the hybrid cape idea has, I still believe that the Cape of Protection would benefit the game in many different ways.

Edited by Elrohir