Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sanga

To the owner of the bot "vakana"

I was trying to sell some enriched essences to vakana today, but I couldn't get the transaction to finalize:

1. Initiated Trade.

2. Put Essences to sell into window.

3. Click on Accept

4. The correct amount of GC appeared on vakana's side of the window.

And that's it. Sat there for a minute, and nothing else happened.

Is there some command required to tell vakana "The gc is acceptable, now finalize the trade"?

^ similar to the above, I needed fast trip to EV, and tried to buy a ring. put in (I thnk) 300 gold, and as Sanga describes, vak put the extra change in the window, I accepted then nothing, just sitting there. I closed the window, and started over, this time putting in the exact gold, and this time all worked OK.

~shrug~

Alll meant that it took me about 30 seconds longer in the invasion than it woulda done otherwise ;)

First up, thanks for reporting it, many people don't report problems and hence they don't get fixed.

I'm guessing the problem is that you were going too fast for her.

I had to add some protection against that recently, because someone putting items in/out of the trade window too quickly tricked vakana into mixing up item names (Yeah, I really do have better things to do that try to protect my code from spamscams, like making EL better, but does that stop people? No...)

However, vakana's logs don't quite match what was reported in the first post: you opened trade several times without any trade happening, which can raise a warning; she did send a PM to you saying she was adding it up; and she either didn't seem to get a message from the server about adding the cash or her list of items was otherwise messed up.

I've added some more messages; both PMs when there's trouble as well as details in logs that I can check through; but I'm not sure that I can do more to fix the problems than telling the users when she gets confused. Perhaps if it happens again the extra logging will help me find the cause.

First up, thanks for reporting it, many people don't report problems and hence they don't get fixed.

I'm guessing the problem is that you were going too fast for her.

I had to add some protection against that recently, because someone putting items in/out of the trade window too quickly tricked vakana into mixing up item names (Yeah, I really do have better things to do that try to protect my code from spamscams, like making EL better, but does that stop people? No...)

However, vakana's logs don't quite match what was reported in the first post: you opened trade several times without any trade happening, which can raise a warning; she did send a PM to you saying she was adding it up; and she either didn't seem to get a message from the server about adding the cash or her list of items was otherwise messed up.

I've added some more messages; both PMs when there's trouble as well as details in logs that I can check through; but I'm not sure that I can do more to fix the problems than telling the users when she gets confused. Perhaps if it happens again the extra logging will help me find the cause.

To clarify - I made a number of attempts to sell to her. The first few (2 or 3, I think), I put the item in the trade window, and waited for her to put up the cash (i.e. the behaviour for most bots, and I believe the way she used to behave). When she didn't put the cash into the trade window, I aborted, which accounts for those "no trade happening" events.

I didn't mention those aborts in the message because they were purely user error - I was expecting Vakana to act like most of the other trade bots, and put up the cash as soon as I put the item in the trade window.

I then went and sold some other essences to SilverLeaf, and then came back to Vakana. For those attempts, I actually read her message about having to click accept after putting the items in the window, and for those attempts the sequence of events was as described in the initial post.

I do *not* believe that it was a case of my going too fast. I would put one EME into the trade window, and click my "accept", which turned yellow. She then totaled it up, and put the appropriate amount of gc into her side of the window. But her "accept" remained red - it looks like she never sent the "accept trade" message to the server after putting the gc into the window. If I were confusing her, I wouldn't expect the correct amount of gc to appear in the window.

I'll try selling something to her the next time I get on, and see if I can duplicate the sequence. I hate not being able to sell to Vakana (she's pays very good prices on many items), so I'll gladly help in sorting this out.

I believe the way she used to behave
That's right, she did until recently... I'd rather she still did, since it's faster and more obvious, but I need to take the slower option to prevent the spamscam and all
But her "accept" remained red - it looks like she never sent the "accept trade" message to the server after putting the gc into the window. If I were confusing her, I wouldn't expect the correct amount of gc to appear in the window.
Okay, that means that, for some reason or another, she didn't figure out that the cash had been added to the window. Hopefully I'll find out why if this happens again (since I haven't really fixed it, just added more messages, it seems unfortunately likely).
I'll try selling something to her the next time I get on, and see if I can duplicate the sequence. I hate not being able to sell to Vakana (she's pays very good prices on many items), so I'll gladly help in sorting this out.
Yay :w00t:

But her "accept" remained red - it looks like she never sent the "accept trade" message to the server after putting the gc into the window. If I were confusing her, I wouldn't expect the correct amount of gc to appear in the window.
Okay, that means that, for some reason or another, she didn't figure out that the cash had been added to the window. Hopefully I'll find out why if this happens again (since I haven't really fixed it, just added more messages, it seems unfortunately likely).
Yay :bow_arrow:

I just did a test. Here's the exact sequence:

1. Initiate trade with Vakana

2. Place item to be sold in trade window.

3. Click on Accept. My accept turns yellow.

4. About a 2 second delay, then appropriate amount of gc appears in Vakana's side of the trade window.

5. Nothing else happens. Her "accept" never turns yellow.

6. After about 30 seconds, I abort the trade.

I made 3 attempts. The first time, with a single FE, moving at "normal" speed. The second time, with a single FE, allowing 5 seconds between each of my actions. The third attempt, using a Serpent Stone, allowing 10 seconds between each of my actions.

The gc amount placed on Vakana's side of the window was correct for each of the three attempts.

With the same results for an EME, and FE, and a Serpent Stone, it's a pretty good guess that the item makes no difference. I simply can't sell anything to her.

Hopefully your log file will show something that provides a clue as to the problem.

Let me know if you need me to do another test.

Well, now I feel stupid :bow_arrow:

See, she checks what items are when the trade partner clicks accept. But she doesn't add coins until after that. So she doesn't look to see what she just put in, and hence, she's still waiting to find out what it is...

Sigh. Sorry about all this. Hopefully it's all fixed now (if not, a workaround would be to accept, cancel your accept, and accept again, she'll see her own offerings that way)

Edited by ttlanhil

Well, now I feel stupid :)

See, she checks what items are when the trade partner clicks accept. But she doesn't add coins until after that. So she doesn't look to see what she just put in, and hence, she's still waiting to find out what it is...

Sigh. Sorry about all this. Hopefully it's all fixed now (if not, a workaround would be to accept, cancel your accept, and accept again, she'll see her own offerings that way)

I hate to tell you this - not fixed. I got exactly the same results as before (selling 500 FE's this time).

I *was* able to complete the sale, by using the "cancel Accept" and "Accept again" workaround.

Well, I guess there are multiple bugs then. Double-sigh.

But the details in the logs have changed now. So Back into the code to try to find what the next issue is >_<

Well, it took 2 hours of adding and removing debug statements throughout the code... And it turned out that it was the same problem as what I think allowed vakana to get spamscammed earlier... The fact that I trust the server to send reasonable messages.

To recap; sometimes when you alter your trade offering and the other person has already accepted (red-yellow. Only when you remove items I think) it can reset the accept for them.

However it also seems that adding items to your side will also send a reject from yourself.

It won't let you add items if you've already accepted, so I guess this only guarantees that both sides you you haven't accepted yet; but it seems a waste of bandwidth (as well as misleading, since there isn't actually a rejection happening).