Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore

I did see this thread start a while ago, but I figured that something this emotionally changed needed a while to cool down before I made my points (first reactions (or over reactions) are often not as good a choice as we make with some deliberation). Luckily, I've also seen somewhat of a resolution (in that Acelon will still be about, although the topic will probably be an issue for a while or until locked).

To prevent such issues from occuring again, perhaps if all invasions were fully planned out prior to them happening (i figured they were, at least to a degree, but you yourself said Ace; you got "carried away"). Multiple minds are better than one, why not have a few people who all plan invasions, and approve each others invasion plans.
That's not really possible, though.

If you could plan for all possible outcomes and deal with how the players react (or don't) beforehand, we wouldn't need people to do it, we could set up a program/bot/server code to run dynamic invasions (and other events).

The thing is that the human mind is generally very good at adapting to different situations (as long as they aren't too different; Acelon can reasonably be expected to cope with players killing monsters a lot faster than he planned, but have a road closure IRL and you have to take control of the traffic because it's just so unusual that many people can't cope ("But... I... Always go this way to work... What do you mean, go around? Oh, the side street? Okay..."). And as a member of the emergency services, I've seen that happen :) )

While I agreed that Acelon was breaking traditions
Well, that's the thing.

People only read it as "come kill my summons" because that's what usually happens.

Perhaps it's wrong for a character representing a being that's supposed to be about as powerful as possible (and hating all life) to wreak chaos amongst the top fighters during a large-scale invasion... but personally, I don't think so.

Acelon may have been overzealous in representing the deity he played; and got carried away... But abuse of trust? For being overly accurate in his portrayal of the character he played? I think some people are getting more carried away than Acelon did.

ed: When I say that, I mean it as applying only to players. We, of course, don't know what rules on invasions and events and the rest Acelon may have been subject to from Entropy/others. :ed

We all know (or should know) that we risk our chars and items when we go to fight (and when we don't).

What would have happened if he had summoned a dozen dragons? It would have been just as deadly (actually, more so since they can cover more area); the char he was playing is just a few steps above (it is possible to kill blessed accounts, some people have proven that against guard bots before).

It was a nasty suprise, yes, but personally I don't think it's worth the level of excitement we've seen since.

I am glad to see that his long dedication, hard work, and many good decisions in this game are also being taken into account.
Definantly second that!

I will restate that I think god mode or blessed accounts should not cause a change in PK scores; and that god mode kills shouldn't cause the loss of a rosto (I didn't they they did currently anyway).

i UNDERSTAND THAT ACELON IS A FRIEND AND WELL RESPECTED MOD to many of you, and that as a sense of loyality you feel noble to defend him, but the bottom line is what he did is wrong (he killed 20 people) and to try and justify his actions are insanity (he hates luciferx and killed him from hate)..anyways he is in a position of power and should act accordingly................................................................................................and if his message read come to kf so i can kill you i think NO ONE would have come...lets be reasonable

I wasn't going to comment, but there are a few lies being thrown around I would like to correct..

I did not kill LuciferX out of hatred, in fact, everyone that did die was at random. Usually whoever was within clicking distance of the character. Luci just happened to be one, so please do not attribute that to this situation.

And regarding invasions. As it appears I will not be running them again, but the reason for their usual success is because they WEREN'T scripted and I was the only one running it. Ttlanhil made a very good point as to why this is easier. I'm sad I won't be able to run them anymore, because I did have as much fun as the majority of you.

As much as I appreciate the offers, even if I was still running them, I'd have to decline. Sometimes it's just better as a one-person..er..god show

I thought a while about posting...I rarely do.. but after reading this thread I am struck by a few things..

isnt the whole point of invasions to have fun?.. to challenge the invaders and test yourself?..to take a risk?...I won't go into whether Acelon got caught up in the heat of the moment or not.. but I don't understand why people are upset over dying...any top level pker or fighter will probably have many rostos..if not.. I would have given the people complaining one..just to stop this unneedfully lengthy thread..if u have no risk or fear of dying..if you are that skilled then why take part in invasions..?.. go find a yeti spawn or something...or slap each other around a bit..

I guess what I am missing is.. 'what is the big deal?' it was an invasion.. you died..get over it....I have met some pkers and fighters that I respect.. some that are friends..and some that think they are an elite group that can do whatever they like..much as with every 'group' of players here...I guess as trite as it sounds... 'can't we all just get along?' .. how about considering this an error in communications..a learning experience..I come to this world to relax..have fun..and avoid drama....there is plenty of that in the real world...

I wasn't going to comment either, mainly because ent already handled it, and partly because disagreement with certain people brings pk bounties on your head but since I already have one, no new harm there :)

However, I just do not like how the one person who does all this for you guys is taking all this heat, it's just not right. I do wonder who will be the first to complain there are no invasions now.

Anyway, my thoughts:

1. This is a game.

2. Acelon was providing us a service to provide fun and entertainment and excitement. He tried to vary it to the best of his ability. At this time he is pretty much the only mod who provides this service. He did not abuse his power in my opinion, he was into his roleplaying and doing his best. There was no intent to harm in the sense you are claiming, and no intent for him to benefit from it.

3. In invasions, lots of people are going to die. It IS rather entertaining to see the top dogs go down sometimes, the ones who never die: and who better to provide THAT service than mortos himself. It all was done for fun, for effect, for excitement in the heat of the moment...

4. Invasions are a different kettle of fish than everyday play. Of course mortos shouldn't attack anybody or use the character for personal reasons in normal game play. Any mod-enhanced character cannot be used that way. However this was an invasion run by an ingame god character, one who's sole purpose in being is death and destruction. Not exactly unlikely people will die by his hand.

5. I don't think you people realize how hard it is to run invasions, with all the distractions of people spamming you with pm's, and the channel 6 going on, and trying to type in the commands and judge the situation and add more or where to add them and how many and what to add...Invasions are a living breathing thing, none the same, none predictable. Mistakes can happen, hastily chosen coordinates can be not so great, monsters too easy, monsters too hard, people do miss the warning messages, people ignore the warning messages, people log on in the middle of them, people get carried away.

6. What ttl and pardu said.

7. Ace...I accept your apology, although I am sorry you needed to issue it.

I always take part in invasions.

The good is, you never know what happen. The game can sometimes be a bit boring, you do the same over and over, so always fun to see what will happen this time.

I always know I will probably die, if not from monsters, from the lag that I usually have.

I bring the rosts I'm ready to loose, usually 3 ( but never died more than once in an invasion).

When this invasion started was I afk in Melinis, eating in RL.

Could easy have beem killed if the invasion had been here, but always bring rost when I use COL.

I hurried to VOTD, was fighting some Sslessars, then I got Mortos's message about going to KF, went to storage to get ready for pk, get more ess, another cape, more pots.

I heard people was killed by Mortos, but should that keep me from having some fun ?

I went to KF, ran away from Mortos, was fighting one giant, later another giant, was fun.

If I had died, what would the difference be, if it had been Mortos, a giant or a player or lag, I would loose a rost.

I don't have a big problem with loosing rosts, I see it as a way to support the game,as I guess most rosts are bought from the shop, so why cry ??????????

Go and die and support the game :)

And a big THANKS for the many invasions we had untill now, has always been fun.

Edited by Zamirah

I thought a while about posting...I rarely do.. but after reading this thread I am struck by a few things..

isnt the whole point of invasions to have fun?.. to challenge the invaders and test yourself?..to take a risk?...I won't go into whether Acelon got caught up in the heat of the moment or not.. but I don't understand why people are upset over dying...any top level pker or fighter will probably have many rostos..if not.. I would have given the people complaining one..just to stop this unneedfully lengthy thread..if u have no risk or fear of dying..if you are that skilled then why take part in invasions..?.. go find a yeti spawn or something...or slap each other around a bit..

I guess what I am missing is.. 'what is the big deal?' it was an invasion.. you died..get over it....I have met some pkers and fighters that I respect.. some that are friends..and some that think they are an elite group that can do whatever they like..much as with every 'group' of players here...I guess as trite as it sounds... 'can't we all just get along?' .. how about considering this an error in communications..a learning experience..I come to this world to relax..have fun..and avoid drama....there is plenty of that in the real world...

.<-you_______________________________________________________________ the point->.

1. This is a game.

And as with any game, there are rules.

2. Acelon was providing us a service to provide fun and entertainment and excitement. He tried to vary it to the best of his ability. At this time he is pretty much the only mod who provides this service. He did not abuse his power in my opinion, he was into his roleplaying and doing his best. There was no intent to harm in the sense you are claiming, and no intent for him to benefit from it.

Yes, he did. He used that god character in a way that is inconsistent with the game rules, and with the very purpose of that character. That character was supposed to be a 100% narrator character, not to fucking PK people and make them lose items and PK ranking!

3. In invasions, lots of people are going to die. It IS rather entertaining to see the top dogs go down sometimes, the ones who never die: and who better to provide THAT service than mortos himself. It all was done for fun, for effect, for excitement in the heat of the moment...

Invasions give people a fair chance to fight (those who chose to fight). Going with a blessed character and killing people left and right gives little or no chance of winning, therefore it is not fun for those losing items.

4. Invasions are a different kettle of fish than everyday play. Of course mortos shouldn't attack anybody or use the character for personal reasons in normal game play. Any mod-enhanced character cannot be used that way. However this was an invasion run by an ingame god character, one who's sole purpose in being is death and destruction. Not exactly unlikely people will die by his hand.

Cool. How about if I make Mortos an admin char, so whoever roleplays with him can also shut down the server, bringing the outer most death and destruction??

Or, at least, give him the option to reset player's stats, clear their inventories, and so on. I bet that a malevolent god would love doing that, yes?

5. I don't think you people realize how hard it is to run invasions, with all the distractions of people spamming you with pm's, and the channel 6 going on, and trying to type in the commands and judge the situation and add more or where to add them and how many and what to add...Invasions are a living breathing thing, none the same, none predictable. Mistakes can happen, hastily chosen coordinates can be not so great, monsters too easy, monsters too hard, people do miss the warning messages, people ignore the warning messages, people log on in the middle of them, people get carried away.

Yes, this was the case, but soon I will give full control of the invasions to the players. I will announce the details later, when they are finished.

Yes, this was the case, but soon I will give full control of the invasions to the players. I will announce the details later, when they are finished.

this scares me...

I wasn't going to comment either, mainly because ent already handled it, and partly because disagreement with certain people brings pk bounties on your head but since I already have one, no new harm there :hug:

However, I just do not like how the one person who does all this for you guys is taking all this heat, it's just not right. I do wonder who will be the first to complain there are no invasions now.

Anyway, my thoughts:

1. This is a game.

:)

Personally I think it all boils down to a case of misunderstanding, being on the event channel during the invasion. when mortos put out his challenge about coming to KF 99% of the players on chan 6 understood that it was about attacking mortos.( trying to decide if harm etc would work).

Ive got what certain players would call n00b a/d but i went to kf with the intention of attacking a god, shame toomass got to me first :happy:

maybe the global msg should have been clearer about what to expect .. that is all Ace is at fault for IMO not being clear enough .

note: luci if you thought my posts were personal attacks on you or your character i do appologise that was never the case was just putting over a differant view than your own.

.and frankly 90% of this game (top levels anyways) all bought their char ....

If some1 spent crazy amounts of $$$ in shop its very good for the game.

If he still thinks he is too weak and has to buy top accounts in order to compete with normal players than its his choice.

Only account in current top10 a/d that was sold/bought is luciferx, so dont accuse other top players of what u and luci did.

Its not a flame, just clarification, since i dont want el comunity to think all( or most) top players bought their accounts, some of them did, only some, not all, not most.

mp

Well, if the message would have been clear (via a global message, telling people exactly what to expect), I wouldn't have really minded.

But the messages were ambigous, and they implied that Mortos will fight indirectly, via summons, as it was always the case.

You can't change the horses in the middle of the stream.

Only account in current top10 a/d that was sold/bought is luciferx, so dont accuse other top players of what u and luci did.

Its not a flame, just clarification, since i dont want el comunity to think all( or most) top players bought their accounts, some of them did, only some, not all, not most.

mp

That's not true. Quite a few of the top 10 a/d chars changed ownership at some point or another, and some were/are played by multiple people.

I wasn't going to comment either, mainly because ent already handled it, and partly because disagreement with certain people brings pk bounties on your head but since I already have one, no new harm there :hug:

Anyway, my thoughts:

1. This is a game.

:icon13:

Personally I think it all boils down to a case of misunderstanding, being on the event channel during the invasion. when mortos put out his challenge about coming to KF 99% of the players on chan 6 understood that it was about attacking mortos.( trying to decide if harm etc would work).

Ive got what certain players would call n00b a/d but i went to kf with the intention of attacking a god, shame toomass got to me first :omg:

maybe the global msg should have been clearer about what to expect .. that is all Ace is at fault for IMO not being clear enough .

note: luci if you thought my posts were personal attacks on you or your character i do appologise that was never the case was just putting over a differant view than your own.

conovar im not sure if you ever read the bible, but if you do their is a verse that goes like this..."If god is with us, what man can go against us" the creator / god of this game has already expressed how he feel about the way the invasion was handled, so why should we keep searching for justification... a verdict has been reached....and that verdict is a MOD/blessed/narative character shouldnt be killing people under any circumstances... Edited by mufossa

I do realize my message was too cryptic. Conavar is right, I think people in channel did understand better, and I was thinking for them, and not for those who just listen to my announcements. So yes, I was at fault for not looking at it from all angles.

.and frankly 90% of this game (top levels anyways) all bought their char ....

If some1 spent crazy amounts of $$$ in shop its very good for the game.

If he still thinks he is too weak and has to buy top accounts in order to compete with normal players than its his choice.

mp

LOL empi, nitager shared with his brother/pookies bought/quimbly bought/toomass bought and shared/bloodsoaked bought and shared ziara bought citizenkane bought dushan bought SHALL i go on...

Edited by mufossa

conovar im not sure if you ever read the bible, but if you do their is a verse that goes like this..."If god is with us, what man can go against us" the creator / god of this game has already expressed how he feel about the way the invasion was handled, so why should we keep searching for justification...

LOL, this must be the most creatively applied Bible quote :icon13:

:icon13:

Ive got what certain players would call n00b a/d but i went to kf with the intention of attacking a god, shame toomass got to me first :omg:

"God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore, Abuse of mod power cost me pk points" Thats what title says.Well,if Mortos was God moded he cant die nor get hit,whats the point of attacking something that you cant kill nonetheless hit.Afterall, mortos is god,hes immortal.

.<-you_______________________________________________________________ the point->.

perhaps... mostly I was trying to be polite ...... whining pkers remind me of drunks who proclaim themselves king of the world..till they pass out somewhere.. I did not comment on Aces behavior because its not my place to do so.. it is after all ..your decision in the end.. what I was trying to express is my wonder at the swiftness and venomnous of the postings here.. pk points did not even exist until a short while ago..and I failed to see the huge importance of people dying to mortos.. ..if that is of such importance to people that they would act so.. then I can only feel sorry for them....I enjoy this game...very much...but would I lose sleep over the fact that mortos killed me and I lost points?..perhaps they could look at it as being pk'ed by the ultimate pk'er....

"God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore, Abuse of mod power cost me pk points" Thats what title says.Well,if Mortos was God moded he cant die nor get hit,whats the point of attacking something that you cant kill nonetheless hit.Afterall, mortos is god,hes immortal.

He wasn't in god mode.

Not getting into all the mad abuse claims, because that's pointless, but... I'll agree that godmode should mean no rosto or PK points loss.

Were that done, then the god accounts can participate in the big events fairly.

Yes, I think that they should be able to kill some people in the big events. It suits the story to it all (lets not go into the madness about lack of story in EL, the events are one of the few places we get some).

And how about yawl post constructive comments instead of trying to drive away the mods/devs we have, hmm?

im not mod bashing at all..i appreciate what they do..BUT im slightly outraged at this..this isnt the first time this happend.....back when i had top a/d account i was pked by a mod that was hosting a pk event not even participating and they said SORRY....like it was an accident...why dont i just buy a bot and pk with that

Well according the El Rules mr mofo it would be highly illegal and would comply to a certain ban :icon13: Just fyi

Not getting into all the mad abuse claims, because that's pointless, but... I'll agree that godmode should mean no rosto or PK points loss.

Were that done, then the god accounts can participate in the big events fairly.

Yes, I think that they should be able to kill some people in the big events. It suits the story to it all (lets not go into the madness about lack of story in EL, the events are one of the few places we get some).

And how about yawl post constructive comments instead of trying to drive away the mods/devs we have, hmm?

im not mod bashing at all..i appreciate what they do..BUT im slightly outraged at this..this isnt the first time this happend.....back when i had top a/d account i was pked by a mod that was hosting a pk event not even participating and they said SORRY....like it was an accident...why dont i just buy a bot and pk with that

Well according the El Rules mr mofo it would be highly illegal and would comply to a certain ban :icon13: Just fyi

what the f**k are you talking about??? dont put words in my mouth

He wasn't in god mode.

Yes that was my understanding of the situation as well.. im sure L33t was unofficially declared the winner for doing the most damage to mortos..

and yes mufossa I do understand that Ent has made his decision (which is his right to do so) just I cant help but feel certain players got the lynch mob out for a good moderator who's only fault was not making his global msg 100% clear.

To prevent such issues from occuring again, perhaps if all invasions were fully planned out prior to them happening (i figured they were, at least to a degree, but you yourself said Ace; you got "carried away"). Multiple minds are better than one, why not have a few people who all plan invasions, and approve each others invasion plans.
That's not really possible, though.

If you could plan for all possible outcomes and deal with how the players react (or don't) beforehand, we wouldn't need people to do it, we could set up a program/bot/server code to run dynamic invasions (and other events).

The thing is that the human mind is generally very good at adapting to different situations (as long as they aren't too different; Acelon can reasonably be expected to cope with players killing monsters a lot faster than he planned, but have a road closure IRL and you have to take control of the traffic because it's just so unusual that many people can't cope ("But... I... Always go this way to work... What do you mean, go around? Oh, the side street? Okay..."). And as a member of the emergency services, I've seen that happen :icon13: )

I disagree, I think the reactions of people in invasions can be predicted enough for a general plan of events to work 99%+ of the time. In most cases; you spawn monsters, people show up to kill them, unless its 100 dragons your spawning there will be people showing up capable of killing what you've spawned. The only thing that is variable really, is the time it will take them to do it.

Depends on your definition of "hard" and how hard u choose to make it on yourself. Having a basic plan to go by could only assist in making the process easier, and you dont have to read any PM coming to you, i know i wouldn't if i was running an invasion.

---------------------

Now, that was me responding to counter-points to my suggestion, now my thoughts on the actual topic...

As i said in another thread Ace; pr0 Invasion! ...you may have made a mistake where you weren't clear enough in a global message, but the rest was great!

2. Acelon was providing us a service to provide fun and entertainment and excitement. He tried to vary it to the best of his ability. At this time he is pretty much the only mod who provides this service.
Accoring to that, out of all the people currently in the position to actually run an invasion, Acelon is "pretty much" the only person who does. So you should all quit crying and bitching about some minor losses and a (imo) minor mistake made by Ace in this invasion, and be grateful to him that we get invasions at all.

this scares me...

lol it scares me too Happy, if our options are Ace or the general populous of EL, i certainly pick Ace... but from what Ent's said the decision is already made... i'll be very interested to see how this goes.