Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

God Mode'd Mortos should not PK anymore

Imo, there were plenty of warnings, not just the blue spam. There was also channel 6 where we were all talking about how bad we got pwned by Mortos. I don't think it's acelon's fault some people didn't take advice to join the channel. Maybe there was more to it that we don't know about, im not gonna speculate about it, it happened and theres nothing we can do now. I do want to add, Acelon was a mod/map maker for a long time, and demonstrated he was capable. I think there's other ways to fix the problem than to just strip him of mod/invasion powers. I post these not to get something started/to flame, but in support of a good mod and friend. I salute you ace.

Mortos: I am in Kf if you think you are strong enough

I would definitely take that as "I'm summoning an invasion force in KF.", not "I'm in KF, going to personally kill you.". As someone with a lot of experience with corpus, I can attest how few ways there are to kill something that strong - and it certainly gets much harder when it's not bot-controlled.

No comment whatsoever on anything else, and everything expressed in this post is only my opinion on blessed characters in combat and on clear phrasing of messages, nothing else.

Edited by crusadingknight

The warning did not specifically say Mortos was going to actively attack people. Invasions have always had a chance of being killed by Mortos if you challenged him in channel but then you were asking for it. I have never know Mortos to be able to just run around killing anyone no matter what map they were on unless they specifically asked to be pawned. If I had gone to KF I would never have dreamed I was there for anything but fighting the giants and anyone who wanted to attack me during an invasion which I think would be low.

That being said I do not believe all of the story work, mod work and map work that Acelon has done should be thrown out the window for one mistake. I think everyone in this game owes Acelon a lot of respect and loyalty for everything he has done for us. He also is the mod who runs most of the invasions because the others don't have time. Taking away his ability to run invasions for one mistake punishes everyone in game and in a very bad way. :)( I think his punishment was too severe and I think taking him away from us as an invasion mod is too severe for us.

I have been killed in an invasion where he sent a critter to the wrong area and I couldn't handle it. That was a mistake and I lost some stuff but it was a small price to pay for how great a job he normally does on invasions. Please reconsider and respect Acelon's contributions to EL and how much losing him as a mod and an invasion runner would mean to the whole community.

TirunCollimdus

coGM of PATH

I would definitely take that as "I'm summoning an invasion force in KF.", not "I'm in KF, going to personally kill you.". As someone with a lot of experience with corpus, I can attest how few ways there are to kill something that strong - and it certainly gets much harder when it's not bot-controlled.

That's exactly what I would have thought too, and what other players did as well.

Global Message was:

not

Mortos: I am in Kf summoning an invasion force, so if you think you are strong enough, come and try to kill my summons.

just a thought....

Yes, yes, I don't pk....so why the heck am I yappin....

Acelon has my full support with this, a whole lot to do about nothing really. I'd ask that Ent reconsider course of action and we all move on.

*goes back to harvin and mixin*

That being said I do not believe all of the story work, mod work and map work that Acelon has done should be thrown out the window for one mistake. I think everyone in this game owes Acelon a lot of respect and loyalty for everything he has done for us. He also is the mod who runs most of the invasions because the others don't have time. Taking away his ability to run invasions for one mistake punishes everyone in game and in a very bad way. :)( I think his punishment was too severe and I think taking him away from us as an invasion mod is too severe for us.

Usually I do not comment on internal mod issues, but let's just say that we do give people second chances, mods or not.

Global Message was:

not

Mortos: I am in Kf summoning an invasion force, so if you think you are strong enough, come and try to kill my summons.

just a thought....

Yes, yes, I don't pk....so why the heck am I yappin....

Acelon has my full support with this, a whole lot to do about nothing really. I'd ask that Ent reconsider course of action and we all move on.

*goes back to harvin and mixin*

indeed

which in all other invasions has meant come kill my summons, never has it meant come be killed by me

edit: was in response to post #56

Edited by Happy_G

which in all other invasions has meant come kill my summons, never has it meant come be killed by me

exactly. mortos always says little things like that , and it always means come kill my summons..never has it been a 1v1 pk challange ......

Ok first off I will start by saying I am sorry to all those who were affected negatively by this invasion.

Yes, I got a little carried away. I do enjoy getting into character, and enough of you were throwing challenges to Mortos via PM and channel, I figured I'd let you guys experience the wrath of Mortos. Obviously, some people didn't see it as I did, so I assume why some people are upset.

Therefore, if you lost something to being killed by Mortos, post here. Note that I do have Mortos's kill counters, so do not try to post when you didn't really die.

Luci, I'll be replacing your rostogol stone right away.

I also want to apologize to the mod team and also Entropy and Roja. I didn't mean to misuse the trust, I just didn't think said action all the way through.

Ok first off I will start by saying I am sorry to all those who were affected negatively by this invasion.

Yes, I got a little carried away. I do enjoy getting into character, and enough of you were throwing challenges to Mortos via PM and channel, I figured I'd let you guys experience the wrath of Mortos. Obviously, some people didn't see it as I did, so I assume why some people are upset.

Therefore, if you lost something to being killed by Mortos, post here. Note that I do have Mortos's kill counters, so do not try to post when you didn't really die.

I also want to apologize to the mod team and also Entropy and Roja. I didn't mean to misuse the trust, I just didn't think said action all the way through.

happens to everyone atleast once, im glad you see the error of youre ways, hope everything works out for you.......

To prevent such issues from occuring again, perhaps if all invasions were fully planned out prior to them happening (i figured they were, at least to a degree, but you yourself said Ace; you got "carried away"). Multiple minds are better than one, why not have a few people who all plan invasions, and approve each others invasion plans.

Just my thoughts...

And yes, i would love to help with invasions in anyway :P:)

To prevent such issues from occuring again, perhaps if all invasions were fully planned out prior to them happening (i figured they were, at least to a degree, but you yourself said Ace; you got "carried away"). Multiple minds are better than one, why not have a few people who all plan invasions, and approve each others invasion plans.

Just my thoughts...

And yes, i would love to help with invasions in anyway :P:)

it is alot of work for one person to do him/herself

if there is anyway i could help i would love to, i usually steer clear of invasions cuz im not a pure fighter but helping would be alot of fun

Multiple minds are better than one, why not have a few people who all plan invasions, and approve each others invasion plans.

The more people you get involved, and the more complexity you add to the process, the harder it is to make invasions happen. The reason Acelon's invasions have been so successful and numerous (compared to the number of fully-scripted "event" style invasions) is because they were simple and involved just one person. Make the planning more complex, and you can expect a lot fewer of them.

Personally, I'd like to see a lot more simple invasions, than fewer more complex and planned ones.

(Well, to be honest, I'd like to see more of them happen when I'm not at work or asleep, but that's a different subject)

I would think the more people able to carry out these invasions the more there would be.

And i'm just talking a basic plan layout; what will be said on global message and what will spawn where, and have it approved by a couple of other invasion runners.

Acelon you did attempt you kill me on Mortos when I challenge, I have had many names changes, so halo might no sound familar with you.

Well. Luci, and all you Noob Bashers.....How does it feel. Buy your way to the top, buy your hydro nexus, buy your nexus removal stones. Get very very strong, go out and branch, bash, smeg everyone in sight,,,its fun to be on top.. then...one second you jump into a battel that you mathematicly cant win. Mortos pks you for a rosto, and you cry like a IP newb about (umm big mean acelon in a fun event took my rosto). Well for someone that can afford 30+ Nexus removal stones..please stop whining. Was it fair you got pawned by a mod bot?..no. Was it fair you attack any one you see in sight? good on you. there are a lot of smiling faces to see you attacked by mortos. Count your blessings mortos didnt branch your new Dragon armor into nakedness.

Acelon,

I think you've done a great job with the invasions and many of us have encouraged you to get into character more (I know I have). Sounds like you were trying something new and it didn't turn out as planned. But wow, wish I'd been there. Would've loved to have been PK'ed by a god! Sounds like fun! Thanks for all you do in EL, and hope this gets worked out.

Llyn :)

I don't normally particapate in invasions, because I have VERY low A/D (I don't train it...) but I went to the no drop day one, and it was fabulous! I had a wonderful time, and I would liek to attend another one when I can.

I do hope everything gets worked out, as Ace makes a GOOD RPer for Mortos. And he is a great moderate (or was?)....

It's a shame he got out of hand, but who hasn't? We all do sometimes.

I will honour Ace whether he is or isn't a moderater again.

Thank you for reading. :)

Well. Luci, and all you Noob Bashers.....How does it feel. Buy your way to the top, buy your hydro nexus, buy your nexus removal stones. Get very very strong, go out and branch, bash, smeg everyone in sight,,,its fun to be on top.. then...one second you jump into a battel that you mathematicly cant win. Mortos pks you for a rosto, and you cry like a IP newb about (umm big mean acelon in a fun event took my rosto). Well for someone that can afford 30+ Nexus removal stones..please stop whining. Was it fair you got pawned by a mod bot?..no. Was it fair you attack any one you see in sight? good on you. there are a lot of smiling faces to see you attacked by mortos. Count your blessings mortos didnt branch your new Dragon armor into nakedness.

And so we get a 2 weeks suspension from the forums...

Anyway, I made Acelon a moderator again (lower level for now, will get back his level in a month or two).

Anyway, I made Acelon a moderator again (lower level for now, will get back his level in a month or two).

Thank you Ent .

While I agreed that Acelon was breaking traditions ( and perhaps rules??) here, I am glad to see that his long dedication, hard work, and many good decisions in this game are also being taken into account. Everyone makes mistakes: moderators, developeres, players. I know I've made some doozies in my life!

Tigs

it isnt about winning one for the little guys...alot of people seem to miss the point....everyone is so happy that luci got killed (cause they hate him cause he is a money player) well dont hate him im sure if he had more time to play he would , but he has to work and he decides to spend his money here, and we should all be thankfull he does, he helps fuel a free game, and he is/was a major contributor.....but the point you seem to miss is that entropy and roja (and all of us players)and others trusted acelon with a great deal of power and he violated that trust .....and it dosent matter for what reason...so you shouldnt congradulate him ....

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER THE MONEY PLAYERS EARNED THEIR RIGHT TO HAVE THEIR CHAR'S AND DO WHAT THEY LIKE WITH THEM........

IM SORRY FOR THIS POST BUT I WAS OFFENED

Edited by mufossa

I did see this thread start a while ago, but I figured that something this emotionally changed needed a while to cool down before I made my points (first reactions (or over reactions) are often not as good a choice as we make with some deliberation). Luckily, I've also seen somewhat of a resolution (in that Acelon will still be about, although the topic will probably be an issue for a while or until locked).

That's not really possible, though.

If you could plan for all possible outcomes and deal with how the players react (or don't) beforehand, we wouldn't need people to do it, we could set up a program/bot/server code to run dynamic invasions (and other events).

The thing is that the human mind is generally very good at adapting to different situations (as long as they aren't too different; Acelon can reasonably be expected to cope with players killing monsters a lot faster than he planned, but have a road closure IRL and you have to take control of the traffic because it's just so unusual that many people can't cope ("But... I... Always go this way to work... What do you mean, go around? Oh, the side street? Okay..."). And as a member of the emergency services, I've seen that happen :) )

While I agreed that Acelon was breaking traditions
Well, that's the thing.

People only read it as "come kill my summons" because that's what usually happens.

Perhaps it's wrong for a character representing a being that's supposed to be about as powerful as possible (and hating all life) to wreak chaos amongst the top fighters during a large-scale invasion... but personally, I don't think so.

Acelon may have been overzealous in representing the deity he played; and got carried away... But abuse of trust? For being overly accurate in his portrayal of the character he played? I think some people are getting more carried away than Acelon did.

ed: When I say that, I mean it as applying only to players. We, of course, don't know what rules on invasions and events and the rest Acelon may have been subject to from Entropy/others. :ed

We all know (or should know) that we risk our chars and items when we go to fight (and when we don't).

What would have happened if he had summoned a dozen dragons? It would have been just as deadly (actually, more so since they can cover more area); the char he was playing is just a few steps above (it is possible to kill blessed accounts, some people have proven that against guard bots before).

It was a nasty suprise, yes, but personally I don't think it's worth the level of excitement we've seen since.

I am glad to see that his long dedication, hard work, and many good decisions in this game are also being taken into account.
Definantly second that!

I will restate that I think god mode or blessed accounts should not cause a change in PK scores; and that god mode kills shouldn't cause the loss of a rosto (I didn't they they did currently anyway).

Edited by ttlanhil