Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aldar

unannounced invasion

ehm, if you wouldve read the start of the topic, you couldve seen that i lost an exc cloak

usually i dont mix with my exc cloak on, do you?

and still, i heard that a lot of people around me went dead.

if you affect that many players in a negative way, you're doing something wrong.

i don't blame others for my bad luck or mistakes, i do for doing things before they are thought about a second time.

I would go for completely unannounced invasions (as Trollson said). Here I agree with him.

I don't agree, though, with invasions not starting at storages, important NPCs, etc. There is a warning. The safe place is Isla Prima (or Underworlds). It doesn't say anywhere and wasn't said by anyone that storages or their surroundings were safe.

As to the insides. I would say it's just more interesting if insides are invided as well. May be deadly and annoying for some, but, as far as I remember an inside-only invasion was quite a fun for quite many players. Just because they didn't know what may be just behind the door.

@Aldar

I suppose you would like to see an invasion in which nobody dies and all of players gain lots of experience points and loot. It never worked and hopefully will never work this way. It's pay and gain contract. Fun/loot in cost of chance of dying.

When you log into the game perhaps a 20 second invulnerability could help out, it'll take 10 seconds to figure out what's going on when you log (general logging in, reading the chat), and if there's an invasion, then you know what to do, #BEAM!!!

If you're like me and have scotty died, grab a ring.

if not...poof.

I just leave all my valuables in storage in case I login to an invasion ;)

Some buildings are not safe including schools. I think only homes are safe in invasions and storages without schools in them. I am not sure about the indoor deaths but the outdoor deaths are nothing to complain about. If you are not AFK and you can miss the message about the moon changing and Mortos being angry, then miss the Port Anitora message and also miss the Trassian message to get caught flat footed it is not a problem with the invasion.

If you are not AFK and you cannot see that all of a sudden people are putting on their fighting gear and leaving or coming to the storage that you are at then it is not the invasions fault you did not notice. If you can be so completely incurious about a broadcast event that you completely miss out on the fact that an invasion is coming then it is not the invasion's fault. You have at least 10 minutes if not 15 to ask someone what was going on before EVTR was invaded.

The invasion in Port Anitora lasted a while because there were cockatrice there and then the one in Trassian went by pretty quick but EVTR was the third place that got attacked. If you cannot manage to notice an invasion with all of the broadcasts and all of the coordinated and changing behavior going on then perhaps you should always have channel 6 open and be paying attention.

Invasions should be able to start at storage or any high traffic area that is chosen as warnings are always provided if you are paying attention. If you are AFK where you can get killed it is your own fault. The only thing that could or should be changed is that extra invasion notices could be posted in channel 1 or 2 to make sure the newbies know to ask questions. Anyone but a newbie who complains is just whining unless they do get killed indoors in a house or non-school storage when they are not supposed to as far as I know.

Not being a fighter is your choice but this game is not made just for non-fighters. PKers are limited to certain maps. Fighters have to deal with maps that are not multicombat. Special days limit fighting. There just is not any reason at all to complain about invasions unless something that breaks the rules occurs. If you can't pay attention then make sure you always have a rosto even if you have to pay for it.

TirunCollimdus

coGM of PATH

PS I always go AFK in a safe place or with a rosto or both specifically so that I can log in without getting blasted by invasions or acid rain days. A little thought ahead goes a long way. ;)

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Thank you tiruncollimdus for having -maybe not the first, but at least the first with enough arguements- the first real good reply to my post.

I agree with you that I shouldnt whine when I lost lots of valuable items.

I lost just a small item, worth 2.5k. I dont whine about that. It's in the game.

What I wanted to accomplish is, that people leading the invasions should think just a little more how they lead them.

I think (even without this thread) that accomplishment has been reached.

People have been started to think about it, and that was my goal.

Still I would like to have the opportunity, even if it were for five seconds, to #beam away from a populated area.

I think it is not that much effort to let the monsters spawn just 5 seconds away from a populated area and then give a warning.

All fighters happy, all non-fighters happy.

<edit> is it just me or does the el clock run 5 minutes past? </edit>

Edited by Aldar

<edit> is it just me or does the el clock run 5 minutes past? </edit>

The EL hour is a tad shorter than a real life hour, therefore the EL clock will always "drift".

Some buildings are not safe including schools. I think only homes are safe in invasions and storages without schools in them. I am not sure about the indoor deaths but the outdoor deaths are nothing to complain about.

I was in VOTD. I saw the invasion message so I went into a house to wait it out. The invasion came into the house and killed me. I won't say it wasn't fair but I assumed from past experience that it would be fine to wait inside a house. There were several other people in that house with me, and they all got killed also. Evidently someone was looking to kill the people who did not wish to be part of the invasion.

Don't assume things when you dont know the real intention..also on invasions, #beam me or an IP ring is easy to handle...and dont say you didnt have time, there was a good 30 minutes where the invasion was only on c2 when you could have been getting to IP

Guest ohmygod

I missed another invasion!!! Im pissed off. Sounds like i could have made a killing with all the loot droped by the manuers ;)