Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aldar

unannounced invasion

Hello. I hope this is the good place to post this. If not, I don't mind this topic being moved.

Today there were some invasions.

High level monsters, mentioned for high a/d level players.

I was very unlucky to be at the exact place where the first invasion was.

At EVTR storage suddenly popped 10 or so (didnt even get the chance to count them) feros.

I was slashed within two seconds and lost a excavator's cloak.

That is not a problem for me, i'm rich enough to buy a new one.

My problem is that i had only few hundreds of a second to respond to that.

I was not AFK, I was doing my thing and suddenly POOF. dead.

My choice is not to be a fighter kind of character.

I presume that the EL board supports people creating characters with an own... well.. "character".

I don't like the fighting part of the game.

I'm sorry for that, that's noone's fault, I don't like the fighting part of most games.

I think that should be my choice.

However this choice is reduced to a low level by putting unannounced aggressive monsters right next to me.

I worked hard at something i don't like very much to reach level 26 defense.

Now I can walk around in most maps without being attacked.

When I need to be in a map with high level monsters, I put my MM cape on.

I don't come to maps in which is PK'ed or where are monsters that ignore the MM.

This way I work around the fighting part of the game and still I have the pleasure of enjoying the non fighting part.

Therefore I am NOT amused by the invasion.

If I would have been warned even half a minute before the invasion, I could have run out of the map, put on my MM, even beamed out.

Now I did not have this chance.

This hinders me in being the character I would like to be.

I think that is not the meaning of the board, hindering characters in what they would like to be.

It takes a part of the fun of this game away for me.

That's why I think something should be changed.

Let the invasion be in areas native to high level monsters or announce it a few seconds before or think of something else.

I could already imagine why it is forbidden to summon giants in Isla Prima, now I can understand it even more.

Hopefully my grief is understood,

Regards,

Aldar.

The "The moon turns red this or that" is the warning to get out ;) And by the way: MM doesn't work on invasion monsters (red tag).

The "The moon turns red this or that" is the warning to get out ;) And by the way: MM doesn't work on invasion monsters (red tag).

how am i supposed to know that probably the only safe place to be is IP at that moment?

didn't know about the mm though...

And... Invasion started at port anitora.. so sorry to tell there were warnings several minutes before evtr was invaded.

and going afk, which some ppl were, is a bad idea anyway, i would say wear a rosto anytime you wear items like Col or stuff like that or aspect to loose it if you die on what occasion whatsoever

Inside buildings etc is safe in invasion, so att the first sign of trouble (things like moons turning red, Mortos being angry etc ought to give a clue that something significant is about to happen, even if you have never seen an invasion before)

So, when it becomes clear that an invasion (or another significant event) is about to occur, and you definately DO NOT want t o be involved, just head to the nearest building/cave etc, or even log off.

I appreciate you do not enjoy the fighting aspects of the game, and probably feel wronged in not being able to work your chosen skills during an invasion, but think of the people who do not enjoy potioning/alchemy/manu etc. There are regular peace days, and these last 6 hours!

Unfortunately for all, there are integral aspects of the game that do not suit everyone. Fortunately for all they are infrequent and temporary ;)

i wasn't afk.

and after anitora you'd expect idaloran first, if there's a "route" they follow

It seems the story is changing, you were aware of an invasion... and most seem to spawn on random maps to make it more interesting for the fighter!!

If it was me I'd have hidden inside somewhere or gone to c1

After Anitora there was Trassian, then EVTR.

Well, you're not used to invasions. You'll be better prepared next time and this misadventure won't happen again. Keep enjoying the aspects of the game you like, and don't worry, invasions don't happen every day.

I'd quite like to see completely unannounced invasions; starting small, and, so long as the last wave survives, build up and expand. Leave it to the players spot the invasion and raise the alarm, rather than having NPCs do it for them.

However, I agree that invasions shouldn't be spawned around characters like that, poping into existance all claws'n'teeth doesn't give anyone a real chance to respond.

exactly, if they wouldnt have popped right next to storage, i would have had the possibility to #beam, for the least...

............and don't worry, invasions don't happen every day.

BOOOOO!!!!!

Just like that last invasion, I was at work. :P

Like others have said. That blue, cryptic spam should be a warning. That and the cheers/cries from those around you celebrating/mourning.

remember to sit inside... nuff said lol

the moon changing color is enough and channel 6 spam.. com'on

Mora Here!

Hehehe Watch out for invasions thoses who dont like to fight is all I can say. got to love them :P i sure do!

Mora Out !!

Edited by morabelon

Aldar, i didn't say you were afk. But a guildy of mine was , at evtr and he even lost Col, which was returned... calling lucky :P

and i agree with you, first creatures shouldn't be in populated area's so ppl who don't want to participate can flee. Still as i am not a fighter i like these events which have me something to do other than mixing and harving

So as said before keep enjoying the things you like in this game and think of the invasions ... as things that happens

Inside buildings etc is safe in invasion, so att the first sign of trouble (things like moons turning red, Mortos being angry etc ought to give a clue that something significant is about to happen, even if you have never seen an invasion before)

so what in the world killed me?i was afk in a house in votd.my rosto's gone and nothing's on my counters

so what in the world killed me?i was afk in a house in votd.my rosto's gone and nothing's on my counters

I would guess, poison?

was at perfectly clean health b4 afk :/

Maybe some yeti found the power of the doorknob. :P

Anyway, I think it's kinda lame to start an invasion right at the storage. EVTR is big enough to start it somewhere else. Sometimes my paranoid mind thinks mods don't do this by accidence :D

lol that sucks. what they should do is make it so if u are in the map that things are gonna invade you get a special warning

lol that sucks. what they should do is make it so if u are in the map that things are gonna invade you get a special warning

Anyway, I think it's kinda lame to start an invasion right at the storage. EVTR is big enough to start it somewhere else. Sometimes my paranoid mind thinks mods don't do this by accidence :)

It isn't the first time that an invasion has dropped right on a populated outside storage.

I went inside a building thinking it was safe and I got killed anyway...

Err...what do you think the blue spam saying fff..ffeeer.....ferroooss was? if that wasnt warning idk what was o.O

that was one second AFTER the feros popped in the sqare next to me, some warning.

It isn't the first time that an invasion has dropped right on a populated outside storage.

that doesn't mean it's wrong, at least imho...

Err...what do you think the blue spam saying fff..ffeeer.....ferroooss was? if that wasnt warning idk what was o.O

that was one second AFTER the feros popped in the sqare next to me, some warning.

There were several blue messages talking about that invasion( from Mortos and from Acelon, first of these messages was announced at lesast 5 minutes before invasion in evtr sto, maybe even more than 10 minutes). U knew its happening and if u wanted to be safe u could do:

1) #beam me and sit all invasion on isla prima

2) put all ur stuff to storage, #beam me and naked go to pl/nc/tg storage and mix peacefully there( all 3 of those storages r in buildings and they were never invaded, not even by a single brown rabbit).

3) log off(if u didnt know the command u could ask on channel 1 :) )

But u have choosen to mix in the open air storage, that was invaded in invasions that were taken place before(like many other open air storages). And u waited to the last moment for some unknown reason, thinking that most evil from all Evil Gods(Mortos) will warn u? ;o

Well, that looks to me like gambling , sometimes u loose sometimes u win, dont blame others for ur mistakes and bad luck.

<edit> corrected some typos

mp

Edited by masterpiter