Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ghengas

spam-free Eternal Gladiators =)

1st round:

------battle one - [NL] vs. CZE -------CZE is no-show, [nl] wins by default.

as I remember this fight was planed for sunday (one week ago), and (after peace day) all [nl] was offline and now I read they wins by default ;)

it look like I just lost 30kgc for nothing :)

edit: I was adviced it was peace day, not brave day, thats why it wasnt at sunday ^^

Edited by Marwen

\A/ was asked if they could come in less than 1 hour and fight [NL] because CZE did'nt come.

Omg was sleeping, I were doing ready to log off.

Sp we were asked to send some random people, who happened to be online st that time, NOT the people who wanted to fight and HAD PAYED.

We did not want.

I think this is so bad organised that it should be cancelled and people have their money payed back.

I have no idea if my team will be there saturday, they are not online every day.

Not even sure I can arrange that I'm there.

No, \A/ was asked if they wanted to step in instead, which they didn't want to, so the original schedule was kept. There was not a problem at all. Actually a thumbs up for \A/ to try to get a team together on short notice, which unfortunately took too long for [NL]. ;)

And I distinctly recall Ghengas asking for times the different teams can make it and I'd assume the matches were planned accordingly, now if \A/ can't make it to the scheduled match against PkG, I'd suggest you try to get in touch with Ghengas.

\A/ was asked if they could come in less than 1 hour and fight [NL] because CZE did'nt come.

Omg was sleeping, I were doing ready to log off.

Sp we were asked to send some random people, who happened to be online st that time, NOT the people who wanted to fight and HAD PAYED.

We did not want.

I think this is so bad organised that it should be cancelled and people have their money payed back.

I have no idea if my team will be there saturday, they are not online every day.

Not even sure I can arrange that I'm there.

it was never a mandatory thing, i simply asked if \a/ would be interested in fighting early since CZE was a no show, they said no and that is perfectly fine. if you have an issue with the schedualed time you need to talk to me about it so we can make it work for you, rather than simply not showing up as other teams saw fit. if you can never plan on being online more than a few days in advance i dont know why you would ever sign up for a contest like this.

marwen/toom.. whoever you are, we discussed this ingame and i hope its cleared up but NL never missed a schedualed fight and i dont know what you are talking about with peace day and day of the brave and all that stuff, you had a weeks notice and none of your team was online at the time of the battle. [NL] waited very patiently for two hours. you are disqualified without refund (as stated in the rules since the contest was first announced) and there is nothing i can do about it, i gave [NL] the option to schedual a rematch but they declined which is completely reasonable considereing last time they waited for 2 hours for nothing.

also, i aim at keeping this thread spam free... the old Eternal Gladiators thread is not neccesarily dead, you can post whatever kind of contest related spam you like there but as far as this thread goes, keep it to inquiries about schedualed battles.

thanks

Edited by Ghengas

ok, I didnt readed all and my eng is too bad to tumble it correctly, but my thread was:

1]

the contest will be TOMORROW at 3:30 GMT as originally schedualed!

*tomorrow* was friday 22 jun

I had time, ambrosius was off, so we made new date,

2]

Well, Ambro told me to post a time for myself on sunday. My morning and afternoon are free. And Ambro said he and Sia are capable of going anytime sunday.

*it was sunday 24 jun*

it was ok for me, I was whole weekend out of town, but I came 5 hours earlier, only for this event, but it was peace day and after special day noone from [nl] was online and last week I had 2 exams, so I wasnt online (my irl friend played toomass) and now I readed [nl] wins by deafaut, what piss me off (why they wasnt dis at 1st date when ambro cant play?)

Edited by Marwen

So if i understand this correctly we just lost 30k gc and lost the battle because we werent online even though no1 announced exact date of this contest. As i remember it was postponed 2 times because of missing NL member and now Cze wasnt online so it's finished. And suprisingly only 1 battle "happened" NL vs CZE. WTF is going on here?This contest should be fun and players should enjoy it but all i see here that CZE lost their money and didnt even participate because of WRONG ORGANISATION!!! I suggest to replay this match or cancell this contest and return the money because this contest is the worst at organisation i've ever seen.

So if i understand this correctly we just lost 30k gc and lost the battle because we werent online even though no1 announced exact date of this contest. As i remember it was postponed 2 times because of missing NL member and now Cze wasnt online so it's finished. And suprisingly only 1 battle "happened" NL vs CZE. WTF is going on here?This contest should be fun and players should enjoy it but all i see here that CZE lost their money and didnt even participate because of WRONG ORGANISATION!!! I suggest to replay this match or cancell this contest and return the money because this contest is the worst at organisation i've ever seen.

Actually NL have turned up for all our scheduled fights except for the very first friday when most of the teams couldn't make it anyway.....and afaik ghengas sent several igs to cze guild notifying them of the fight last weekend and it was also posted on forum.

But i would have to agree that this contest has been badly organised and all teams really should have their entry fee refunded.

Actually NL have turned up for all our scheduled fights except for the very first friday when most of the teams couldn't make it anyway.....and afaik ghengas sent several igs to cze guild notifying them of the fight last weekend and it was also posted on forum.

But i would have to agree that this contest has been badly organised and all teams really should have their entry fee refunded.

ghengas iged our guild and wanted us to fight NL... lorck... me.. and some1 else... vs 3 high lvled ppl, non reseted, with high coord, and so on, cuz whoever or whatever wasnt there.

IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ORGANIZE SUCH A CONTEST:

1) return GC to guilds

or

2) organize it instead of iging guilds "can u fight NL today? oh zamirah/ohmygod are not on? well take tempest and some random person we would like to see a fight today"

just my 2 cents :icon13:

Sorry if this is posted in wrong place, but i have a question, and i am a participant in the contest:

What is GMT??

I know the contest is "suppose" to start on July 7th

I live on the east coast of the USA, I am in the EST time zone (eastern standard time).

So, 9:30 am GMT= what in EST plz ?

I want to be sure i am not late or miss my turn in the contest.

Also, I think using Gossip would be a great tool to remind ppl of when and where they are to compete. I would not mind someone sending me a gossip to remind me of when to go and do my fight.

Again, I appologize if i have posted this in the wrong place, feel free to move it if need be.

every time i find a place where i think there are a few respectable, intellegent people they just blow my mind again....

marwen/toom, whoever you are... [NL] never missed a schedualed fight. the first two shedualed times were when i was attempting to have the ENTIRE contest in ONE day, both of these were cancelled because theres no way that all those people could be on at the same time. After that i schedualed the first battle individually, ONCE, and you didnt show up, even though you had a weeks warning and IGs every other day to remind you.

i never schedualed a fight that was was cancelled because of peace peace day. If NL told you there was a fight then and you came home early for it i apologize for you that they lied, but i highly doubt this is the case.

tempest - dude, shut up! your not even in the contest and you have no idea what your talking about. i ASKED \a/ if they would be interested in taking CZEs place so that [NL] wouldnt have wasted 2 hours waiting around for nothing, \a/ declined and thats that.

i apologize for my poor planning, i know this was partially the case, but i also blame the failure that is this contest on the stupidity of the combatants. i didnt know everyone that signed up was like 4 or i wouldnt have relied on your responsibility to make the contest happen. apparantly it is impossible to get 6 people together (in a MMORPG???) to kill each other.

i'll refund all your entry fees next time i sign on. :(

:omg:

Edited by Ghengas

i also blame the failure that is this contest on the stupidity of the combatants. i didnt know everyone that signed up was like 4 or i wouldnt have relied on your responsibility to make the contest happen. apparantly it is impossible to get 6 people together (in a MMORPG???) to kill each other.

:(

tempest - dude, shut up! your not even in the contest and you have no idea what your talking about. i ASKED \a/ if they would be interested in taking CZEs place so that [NL] wouldnt have wasted 2 hours waiting around for nothing, \a/ declined and thats that.

i apologize for my poor planning, i know this was partially the case, but i also blame the failure that is this contest on the stupidity of the combatants. i didnt know everyone that signed up was like 4 or i wouldnt have relied on your responsibility to make the contest happen. apparantly it is impossible to get 6 people together (in a MMORPG???) to kill each other.

Well tempest was one of the people you wanted to fight against [NL] , so you made him part of this.

I bet we could get 6 people together to hunt you in KF if you dare to come. :(

apparantly it is impossible to get 6 people together (in a MMORPG???) to kill each other.

1) No, i wont shut up :D u told me u want to see a figth today, lorck, me and some1 else (only low lvl players left, i told u) so we should fight NL... so yes i kinda WAS included in the contest. anyway lets not turn this into flame war :(

2) if i go to KF and post in market channel ~100 ppl will come there and try to kill me. if u dont know how to get people together in an event, thats your problem, it IS possible to get 6 people together to kill each other :omg:

(look at Trojan_knights contest... everything beeing good atm, he planned nicely, and his event will work as it looks like now :))

anyway nice u return the entry fees :P

i dont know how many times i will have to tell \a/ members that whether or not they were in the contest in the first place they have nothing to do with the [NL] vs CZE battle

going into kf and and announcing it is one thing, telling 6-14 players all in different time zones that they need to plan ahead to be online at a certain time next week is another. no matter what time i made it someone was either going to be sleeping, at work, or busy for some other reason and when they said this they left it at that they couldnt be there, rather than say that it was a bad time for them and suggest when it could be reschedualed. that is why i blame this is on the participants moreso than myself. (although i do admit the contest got off to a shaky start) I put alot of work into this contest and it is now called off, the last thing i need is you guys up my ass for it, especially considering your the same ones that said it should be called off in the first place.

i stand by my previous accusations (\a/, you are all morons.), and i remind you all that these are my opinions, not the opinions of my freinds and guildmates.. if you have an issue you can pm me.