• Ruins of Tirnym
    • South Kialaran
    • Tahraji Desert
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. Cooldown value

• 0 (no cooldown)
    • 1 sec

voted Tahraji Desert & 1 sec

nice , with that map , i might have a chance with high a/d ppl :> ..... i guess 1 sec is good .... fights gona change now ..... i wonder how ppl will die ...... when there SRs & HEs are finished ? ... but that mean long fights :D:) Great idea !

Noone trains in Tirnym ?

Well I use to train there 8-10 hours/day or more.

And one of the other spawns is taken most of the time.

Only one of the 3 spawns use to be free.

After a 2nd fchim is added have it been much more used.

I guess only reason so few train there is the bad drops mchims give, eva books and tit long swords - impossible to sell.

Other come with mmcape and kill pw to train magic.

If this map will be changed, will there only be one mchim to train on in the game.

I will have to go yeti and they are already crowded.

I vote TD, it's rare used - AND fluffs,cyclops amd armed orcs are on many other maps.

Usually, when I say somethign about the game, I don't pull it out of my ass. I have logs with map distributions, and RoT ranks one of the lowest, with between 1 and 3 players on average.

Uhm, IIRC some of the problems of nowadays PK which other's identified were that it is a) too costly and B) fights are over too fast, and reading this thread I didn't get the feeling that this is going to change. In those old days, there was no way to mass summon that fast, that much. But maybe after the initial mass summoning waves is over things will kinda balance themselves :P

PS: don't get me wrong, I am all for it - sounds like fun :D

Uhm, IIRC some of the problems of nowadays PK which other's identified were that it is a) too costly and B) fights are over too fast, and reading this thread I didn't get the feeling that this is going to change. In those old days, there was no way to mass summon that fast, that much. But maybe after the initial mass summoning waves is over things will kinda balance themselves ;)

PS: don't get me wrong, I am all for it - sounds like fun :)

So you don't think that no cooldowns will lead to longer fights, huh?

I remember the event where people fought against eachother, and the winner always went to the next round. Most of these fights found an end when an opponent ran out of ingreds. So since a lot of people can carry a ton of SRS and HE it took quite long ;) (Fights were always longer than 5 minutes)

I'm so curious will it work and how many people will go and fight there ;) If won't plz Mr. Radu (;p) try make map where u never lost items (like in no drop day :) ) and u can't brake any item ;p But now i'm voting for SK B)

i voted ROT but TD could be ok too, which ever it is i would like to see a new entrance to votd (maybe by boat) so that people can still get to kf and the new map easily, votd seems to be the main base for pkers.

Uhm, IIRC some of the problems of nowadays PK which other's identified were that it is a) too costly and B) fights are over too fast, and reading this thread I didn't get the feeling that this is going to change. In those old days, there was no way to mass summon that fast, that much. But maybe after the initial mass summoning waves is over things will kinda balance themselves ;)

PS: don't get me wrong, I am all for it - sounds like fun :)

I didn't generalize it like that because that is not what I wanted to say.

As long as people are willing to throw massive amounts of money in form of RoPs and summoning stones into this I doubt that the average length (or cost) of fights will change much. If they are willing to do so when it's 'real' money (not test server) we'll see, and I think it will all balance itself out sooner or later. Anyway, as I said, I think it's a good idea - even if it doesn't return the identical "old style PK", it will still enrich the game experience by providing a field for different PKing techniques and strategies.

I voted for TD and 1 sec cooldown.

I know its not the case, but another good map for this would be Grubani Penninsula, cause you have 4 entrances to there: boat, Naralik, WSC and Teleport Room. But there's a book seller there :s

Edited by Vormavius

Guest baneazaghal

Actually, the main problem with TD is that a certain very important quest requires you to go there. New players will find it very tough to get through.

Actually, the main problem with TD is that a certain very important quest requires you to go there. New players will find it very tough to get through.

True, I forgot about that too. It will almost be impossible to get there.

I voted for RoT as its practically useless for me and for 1 sec cause there was no longer cd option. I thought old style pk was no rostos and extra strong weapons/armors etc. The thing proposed is straight an opposite to this. I think its good for ppl with too much gc/$ to spend. Maybe thats because i never got good drop from pk and i don't pk too often. As for skf - most of good fluffy spawns are placed there or in cm. And its often so hard to get a spawn there...

I'd hate to see SKF become a pk map, it's got a summoning arena and is a great shortcut across C1 for me :/

1 second cooldown and Tirnym take my votes, tirnym is a quiet map aside from like 1 guy training on chims, there are no booksellers or arenas there, and nobody really ventures there to begin with.

It would likely get more people walking around the actual town areas of WS too

edit: Grunabi would be a terrible map for pk, any maps with booksellers shouldn't be pk, or else it'll be like 10k for basic summoning books....hell no.

Edited by TheComet

You are wasting a chance to get more players to Irilion it seems :)

*cough*Hulda!!*cough* ;)

I voted RoT, and one second cooldown...

An Irilion map would be awesome, maybe not hulda (artic chims/yeti trainers) but another already pk map maybe?

You are wasting a chance to get more players to Irilion it seems :P

*cough*Hulda!!*cough* :)

I voted RoT, and one second cooldown...

An Irilion map would be awesome, maybe not hulda (artic chims/yeti trainers) but another already pk map maybe?

some know this and some may not, BUT RoT used to be a PK map...and i liked it much better when it was pk.....i used to train one of the 2 McW's in game...comabt was more simple i could have a good fight with just about anyone who decided to come and atk me while i trained ..now with summon stones/special weaps and armours it wouldnt be a good fight anymore but still.....the point is RoT was a PK map for longer then not iirc..

Voted for SK and 1 second cooldown. I don't think it makes the slightest bit of sense to use two different systems.

As for the choice of map, I like SK as a map and it's relatively close to storage (DP and Nordcarn). May cause issues for those wishing to train in Carmien Manor though, which is why i'm happy with SK or RoT.

EDIT

Isn't there a quest that uses RoT or the outer map as the location for one of its tasks?

Edited by Placid