Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Forum registration

We encourage everyone to register to our forums.

The advantages are:

1. You can vote in 'official' polls.

2. You can talk with other people.

3. You can use the forum PM as a safe, reliable offline mesaging form.

4. It's free and relatively easy* to register.

5. We don't send spam (or even newsletters).

*Due to the fact that we do have a somewhat popular forum, there are lots of spam bots that try to register then post spam. Some of them are quite advanced, and can make hotmail/yahoo/gmail accounts.

Because of this reason, we require the new users not only to validate their e-mail address, but also they need to be approved by a forum admin.

Now, because of those spam bots, it is hard to reliably approve people and not approve the bots. This means that some players are unable to register a forum account.

So here is what you should do if your account constantly gets denyed by the admins: Ask a friend in the game that already has a forum account to post here the name you are trying to register with, right after validating your e-mail on the forum. Validations expire in two days if not approved by an admin! This way, we can be sure that you are not a spam bot.

Eventually, we hope to implement an easier to use system, such as game command that will automatically do that for you. But until then, you need to use this methods if you have trouble registering.

[edit]Please do not post anything here, other than account names of those who want to register and have trouble doing so.

My friend Joss (in-game as well as in the forums) tried a couple of times now and didn't ever hear anything. It would be nice if you could accept him, thank you :)

My guildmate Wilbur_Whateley tried to register several times, to no avail. He would be grateful if you could register him (with that name).

Please add cyberwulf :))

I don't ADD people, I APPROVE already user validated accounts.

Wilbur_Whateley was approved.

My guildmate ArchimedesI has been trying to register for some time now. It would be much appreciated if he could be approved.

Thankyou

My guildie Raschuoir has failed repeatedly to get an account. Please approve him.

Done

My guildmate ArchimedesI has been trying to register for some time now. It would be much appreciated if he could be approved.

Thankyou

He will have to register again, and then tell us about it.

Also a note on approvals:

If you make spam account names such as asdkjl90000 or make up a spam email address or totally inappropriate account names, those are going to be denied as well and considered spam. (Don't laugh, we've had some doozies!)

make a big button near the banner that says 'Join the community'

it will help

BethAhabah approved, cyberwulf has not validated. (probably has to use a different email provider if he doesn't get our emails, yahoo works fine).

May Aledezar join the forums, I can assure you he isnt a bot. I am in the same guild as him in EL.

May Aledezar join the forums, I can assure you he isnt a bot. I am in the same guild as him in EL.

Aledezar has been approved.

Could you please approve my friend Boh, of guild OdT? I guarantee he is no spam-bot :laugh:

Rehdon

BoH has been approved.