Eternal Lands Official Forums
Torg

Trinitybot - Big news!

Hi guys,

I would like to now formally announce some new features to Trin.

The first and largest one is her website, which is available here (http://trinity.el-bots.zapto.org).

On her website, you are able to search, just like in-game, however she will return up to 10 matches for items, and include the prices for all 10 items. There is almost information about her history and some plans I have for her.

Secondly, she has a "suggest" feature. You can now PM her with "suggest <price> <item>" to suggest a more accurate price for her database. Her update team will get that suggestion and look into it. If they agree its correct, or the item is out-of-date, they will update her price.

Thirdly, her update team has now got a much easier interface (the website) to keep her up-to-date, this combined with her "suggest" feature will hopefully mean we can update her faster and keep her up-to-date with the current market prices.

Finally, there were a few bugs in her searching algorithm that I discovered and fixed, so she should give slightly more accurate results now. She also recently had a bug sending messages longer than one line. That should be fixed now.

I hope you like her new features. As always, if you have any comments, please feel free to PM her with "msg <your message>" and let me know.

I always get

Errr... we shouldn't get here. Unknown return code: (none)

when trying to search in the webfront. Odd?

EDIT: Works fine now. Thanks for the great service :evilgrin:

Edited by Choris

I always get

Errr... we shouldn't get here. Unknown return code: (none)

when trying to search in the webfront. Odd?

Rats, thanks for that.

I shouldn't have updated her without checking that first. Hopefully I'll have it fixed shortly.

/edit: It helps to unzip the archive when you are installing it on the destination server. :-S

Edited by Torg