Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

What's a newb PKer to do?

I have a char that's in the low 70's a/d. That's clearly to weak for anything serious, but I'd like to experiment around a bit. I figure most fights will end in a quick trip to hades, so he's equipped with basic stuff that wouldn't represent any loss if it's dropped. But I can't find any place to fight.

Low 70's is actually to high for either of the restricted arenas (40 and 60 limits). But the 60-limit one is always empty (checked it multiple times) and the 40 limit ones seems to be full of people above the limit waiting for someone to attack them. The other locations seem to be full of high-level people that wouldn't be any fun to get (quickly) killed by. :happy:

Add to that the fact that most people seem to be all twinked (ok, perhaps they earned it) out in high-end armor and weapons which seriously out-classes my basic leather stuff. They may be willing to risk breakage or burning through Rost stones, but I'm not.

Plus the two PK maps on C1 have fluffies (or higher) roaming about which means a 70's level player can't really spend any time in there (and no, a MM cape is to valuable to be bringing to a fight I'll probably loose).

Clearly one solution is to just train more, get up to the 100/100's a/d. Perhaps I'll get there one day, but it could take months. But just training isn't that much fun to do for hours and hours.

Another solution is to make buckets of gc and buy bunches of toys. But being dependent on high-end gear protected by the loss of a 16K rost for many of the fights just doesn't seem like fun to me.

So just what's a low-level fighter to do? Is there a way to have fun fighting at these levels, or are my expectation of PK just way off (is this what people are talking about when they say "PK is dead")?

BTW, this is a serious post (not some sort of stealth whining), I'd really like some advice on if it's possible to have fun at these levels, and how to do it (without just throwing gc at the problem)?

You're right. But training to a/d 100's isn't really a solution to the problem :happy: .

P.S. And I have no solution for the problem, the PK-points system is a nice feature, but if we look at top PkFights... so far, no big increasement yet. It's mainly pvp-deaths I think, at least number 4+5 are.

Umm.. i would be happy if my main char has the a/d levels your alt char has, but i am still quite happy with mine.

My usual training gear is steel chain mail or ti chain mail (that depends on how many ti chains ogres drop), leather pants and boots and steel shield.

With my char layout, 200 health, 350 with CoL + NMT cape i am quite happy with ogres, cyclops annoy me, but dont really kill me, i can handle 2 of them at the same time, fluffys are not a problem, and when i am not too bored i could even handle chimmies. Well, arctic ones may be still a problem. Of course, i use a sword (serp) for such creatures.

Maybe your problem is a wrong char layout?

Piper

I have a char that's in the low 70's a/d. That's clearly to weak for anything serious, but I'd like to experiment around a bit. I figure most fights will end in a quick trip to hades, so he's equipped with basic stuff that wouldn't represent any loss if it's dropped. But I can't find any place to fight.

Low 70's is actually to high for either of the restricted arenas (40 and 60 limits). But the 60-limit one is always empty (checked it multiple times) and the 40 limit ones seems to be full of people above the limit waiting for someone to attack them. The other locations seem to be full of high-level people that wouldn't be any fun to get (quickly) killed by. :happy:

Add to that the fact that most people seem to be all twinked (ok, perhaps they earned it) out in high-end armor and weapons which seriously out-classes my basic leather stuff. They may be willing to risk breakage or burning through Rost stones, but I'm not.

Plus the two PK maps on C1 have fluffies (or higher) roaming about which means a 70's level player can't really spend any time in there (and no, a MM cape is to valuable to be bringing to a fight I'll probably loose).

Clearly one solution is to just train more, get up to the 100/100's a/d. Perhaps I'll get there one day, but it could take months. But just training isn't that much fun to do for hours and hours.

Another solution is to make buckets of gc and buy bunches of toys. But being dependent on high-end gear protected by the loss of a 16K rost for many of the fights just doesn't seem like fun to me.

So just what's a low-level fighter to do? Is there a way to have fun fighting at these levels, or are my expectation of PK just way off (is this what people are talking about when they say "PK is dead")?

BTW, this is a serious post (not some sort of stealth whining), I'd really like some advice on if it's possible to have fun at these levels, and how to do it (without just throwing gc at the problem)?

the best thing to do is go PKING ina group...even if you spent time and leveld to say 110 ad you would dstill be dissapointed mainly because all you enemies are 125-140 with UBER high pc everyone has 100+ cord and hghend weapons/armour/summons so like i said group pk with LOTS of summons is only option

and yep in spite of all the new weapons/armours/summons the integrity of pk continues to demise...

and despite attempts to show statistics on pked pkers per month all the real pkers know the situation

PK is DEAD

My usual training gear is steel chain mail or ti chain mail (that depends on how many ti chains ogres drop), leather pants and boots and steel shield.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about training. I train fine on ogres with full Iron armor, NMT cape, and no weapon.

And I'm fine with pvp (except I can never find a suitable partner).

My post was specifically limited to looking for PK opportunities and if it's possible to PK for fun (without being dependent on expensive gear and super high skill levels).

Plus the two PK maps on C1 have fluffies (or higher) roaming about which means a 70's level player can't really spend any time in there (and no, a MM cape is to valuable to be bringing to a fight I'll probably loose)

at 40 a/d i could kill a fluff w/ 3 restor max ( col/full tit )

normally u can easily kill fluff with tit long at low 70's ^^ coz ppl can start training on em with 75/80 a/d with like 40/60 p/c :happy:

Plus the two PK maps on C1 have fluffies (or higher) roaming about which means a 70's level player can't really spend any time in there (and no, a MM cape is to valuable to be bringing to a fight I'll probably loose)

normally u can easily kill fluff with tit long at low 70's ^^ coz ppl can start training on em with 75/80 a/d with like 40/60 p/c :happy:

I beg to differ, I have seen some with flat 30/50 p/c

Edited by ~Halo~

He's right, tit/steel plate armors, CoLs, and NMT work wonders for 80s a/d (severly low for fluf tbh)

coz ppl can start training on em with 75/80 a/d with like 40/60 p/c :)

Well I'm very happy for them/some, but my char is configured for ogre training with 20/32 p/c PLUS the fact that I'm not wearing anything expensive into a PK map knowing I'll probably loose it.

Telling people they can easily do such-and-such if they have <something they don't have> isn't any help at solving the problem I described in the base note. :happy:

As this thread continues, I'm starting to get the impression that the answer to the question: "how can an intermediate player participate in PK activities", is a simple: "you can't". :D

Anyway, anyone else have any constructive thoughts on the topic?

Guest ohmygod

Mufosa gave you the best advice.

Go pking in a group.

Better still join a recognised PK guild they will teach you some pk tips.

Pking is not something low lvl people should do alone against medium to high lvl players if they want to have a chance to win.

like Mufosa said pk in group. not to copy everyone but it does work well.

also wat theey should do is make pk arenas for every level of att/def. one for 20's 30's ect. not to much work huh?

Places that u should always check:

-nc arena,

-nc pk cave,

-magic school sewers( the part where 40a/d newbies train on fem/armed gobs) altho in other pk areas in there might be some1 too, not often tho

-wsc arena

-kf entrance but only from dp side, look out for chimmy :P

-td entrances from pl and dp, but dont go deep, check only area near entrance

-td from pl---> td wolframite cave( u might encounter some wolframite harvesters, mostly very weak and unexperienced in combat)

from c2 maps:

-double ogre cript in zira

-multi-armed orc spawn in EVTR

-multi-cyclops spawn in eragatia

-idaloran mines( some pk areas there too, dunno if still there, didnt checked it from long time :P )

Try to use invi pots, pk ppl that dont expect u( trainers).

Use harm, dmg and mana destruction rings, a/d/p/c/acc/eva pots and attack god bless, also some tiger stones(use at least tit serpent sword, bp cape is good for surprise attacks).

Take with u a guildie/friend to catch ur enemies disses.

If u want ur manual skills to improve try to learn pking in no drop days, very low cost then and many ppl to fight, from weaklings to top strenght players.

Asap make mag lvl 49, it will help ur harm and mana drain spells, but most important: no fails on restore.

ty 4 ur attention

mp

Places that u should always check:

-nc arena,

-nc pk cave,

-magic school sewers( the part where 40a/d newbies train on fem/armed gobs) altho in other pk areas in there might be some1 too, not often tho

-wsc arena

-kf entrance but only from dp side, look out for chimmy :P

-td entrances from pl and dp, but dont go deep, check only area near entrance

-td from pl---> td wolframite cave( u might encounter some wolframite harvesters, mostly very weak and unexperienced in combat)

from c2 maps:

-double ogre cript in zira

-multi-armed orc spawn in EVTR

-multi-cyclops spawn in eragatia

-idaloran mines( some pk areas there too, dunno if still there, didnt checked it from long time :P )

Try to use invi pots, pk ppl that dont expect u( trainers).

Use harm, dmg and mana destruction rings, a/d/p/c/acc/eva pots and attack god bless, also some tiger stones(use at least tit serpent sword, bp cape is good for surprise attacks).

Take with u a guildie/friend to catch ur enemies disses.

If u want ur manual skills to improve try to learn pking in no drop days, very low cost then and many ppl to fight, from weaklings to top strenght players.

Asap make mag lvl 49, it will help ur harm and mana drain spells, but most important: no fails on restore.

ty 4 ur attention

mp

i totally agree with mp on this ^^

i can add that in td entrance of dp side, u will find some 40's a/d pkers from dp arena who go there and take BRs, and some 60's or 70's there waiting for em' ^^

no need to bring friend or guildie to catch enemy diss... just be ready tu use bear stone ( the cheapest ) ... better so u don't have to share bag with the one who cought the diss :D

my 2 cents :P

I don't think bkc was searching for great places to ambush harvesters or weaker trainers. A shame if that's the only 'active' kind of PK left.

it is the only kind of pk left, atm.... i hope

Edited by Kakuzu

they should make a 70-100 a/d arena somewhere on votd, why not ?

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about training. I train fine on ogres with full Iron armor, NMT cape, and no weapon.

Training, PKing, its all the same.

The problem is that you people sit on your storage full of expensive stuff and only fear to lose it.

If nobody goes PKing with leather stuff and a reasonable sword, nobody will PK in leather stuff.

You want to attack ppl while training? They usually dont use expensive armor or weapons, so going in leather or steel chain mail should be fine.

Its all your decision, sit on your expensive storage inventory and whine or grep some cheap but good armor and go on PK maps and finally PK.

(this is a general statment, so, bkc56, dont take it personally, but im sure, you know that :P )

Piper

I figure most fights will end in a quick trip to hades

You are always welcome :P

You dont need high a/d , just use 2 giants stones to pwn any player in top 20. :P

i guess an arena of 70~90 would be cool .... coz really this lvl that u talk about are increasing in the game , and take a lot of time to train , so why lower lvl can have a good pk but 70s~80s cant .... i guess all we can do is being top_pklose in the new pk points :P

am near ur lvl ..... most of the time i just heal 3~5 time then diss/tele from high a/d ppl .... or simply die :> ... or just kill low a/d fast IF they came to kf/nc cave ... but usually they dont .. dp & naralik arena r best for them

a new arena might be cool .... even if it was in c2 ... it might be more active than other arenas

FMA

I don't think bkc was searching for great places to ambush harvesters or weaker trainers. A shame if that's the only 'active' kind of PK left.

it is the only kind of pk left, atm.... i hope

You hope that is the only kind of PK left? Is that the only way you get enjoyment from this game? To attack harvesters and weaker trainers? The ones who have no real defence against you? Oh yes, you want drops don't you?! High level PKers don't drop stuff because they carry rostos, so you have to attack the weak for drops, maybe you can have a few picks and some harvestables, or maybe a little augmented leather armour, wooden shields and a few HE/SR.

We keep hearing that PK is dead and if you are an envoy of the PK brigade, I say it's a good thing. Most of the fighters I have met in 18 months of playing are decent and don't feel the need to steal stuff from those who can't defend themselves.

Feel free to add me to your PK list if you wish, the only thing it will gain you is another name you won't see in PK maps.

Oh yes, I almost forgot... #ignore kakuzu (and any other name I find that you use)

And I'm fine with pvp (except I can never find a suitable partner).

My post was specifically limited to looking for PK opportunities and if it's possible to PK for fun (without being dependent on expensive gear and super high skill levels).

PK opportunities at your level... hmm... Go to PVP spots with a jagged saber or thermal and summon nonstop white tiger and bear stones every other summon and u'll prolly get a fast kill since they cant diss, take SR, or do much other than die :)

One important thing at your level is magic.Restoration should never fail.So train magic.Go to the temple of the summoning god with some bones and start casting spells.When u are out of mana click on the priest and do the bones to mana thing. 50 bones=80 mana iirc. To do this you must not be godless.You dont have to serve the summoning god btw.

When i was at your level i was serving mortos.If u serve mortos too, u can go and take blessings.(+15 attack).

After blessings use a ws tele ring and enter ws arena.Blessings wont make you stronger but higher attack means that u can score hits. So u have the oppurtunity to suprise someone stronger than u.

If u wanna level up fast keep your p/c low.Its not difficult nowadays cause nmt and col help a lot.

Keeping my p/c low i was able to get more than 300K per hour on fluffies. My personal record is 200K in 30 minutes.If u want my opinion add p/c later.

If u decide to fight stronger people u ll see some of your items getting degraded.U ll lose some rostos also. But i think it worth to try.