Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

Counters for session lost during crash

I was fighting falcons and hawks at Hurquin trying to raise my counters up. I had killed at least 15-20 of them when suddenly EL crashed on me, when I logged back on my Total counters did not reflect the ones I killed, but the items feathers I had collected were still in storage.

Edited by LevinMage

Counters are only saved when you log out or manually #save (the one when you automatically save from trading doesn't count).

It's unfortunate, but the best we can do is tell you to #save regularly and report all crashes with enough info so we can fix them :P

ttlanhil: Thank you for responding so quickly to my inquiry. I was not aware of this, but I will be doing alot more #save's when I am working on my counters. Thank you again :P

Perhaps unfortunately, there are a great many things that EL can do that most people don't know about.

And because of the sheer number of little tricks and tidbits, trying to document everything would make the list so long few would read it :P

But yes, a while ago I made it so that #save would save all local data as well, same as on logout. That's your el.ini and el.cfg (settings), counters, notepad, and anything else that should be saved on exit.

It's not perfect, because crashes can wipe data, but I think it's a reasonable step while we try to fix all the crashes :D

It would also be cool (at least under some OSes) to have signal handlers in the client to use the "regular" exit_now switch instead of just terminating and losing all config changes and counters.