Eternal Lands Official Forums
Pardu

question about floating xp pts

Not a bug report..things are running great...just a quick question

Is there a way to change the size of the floating xp messages?

I ask because I have noticed in the last few days cvs' version that my messages seem

much smaller in size.. harvesting is not a problem..but when training it is very difficult

to read..perhaps I just need glasses.. but here is a screenie

expgp0.th.jpg

ty very much

Pardu

Edited by Pardu

Currently Emajekral's old banners code is in CVS. I have a newer version of it, but I haven't been able to finish getting it ready for CVS (fixing other problems and such).

When it does go in, it should fix this problem (I've seen it to; for what it's worth I think you can increase the size of the floating messages with the name font size).

Currently Emajekral's old banners code is in CVS. I have a newer version of it, but I haven't been able to finish getting it ready for CVS (fixing other problems and such).

When it does go in, it should fix this problem (I've seen it to; for what it's worth I think you can increase the size of the floating messages with the name font size).

*tips hat..er bandana to ttlanhill*

ty :P

Any of this related to the increased zoom out boundary? I noticed from CVS a day or two ago that you can zoom much further out now...

Any of this related to the increased zoom out boundary? I noticed from CVS a day or two ago that you can zoom much further out now...
I think it's far more likely that's related to Xaphier's large changes, but it's possible... When I get Emajekral's code fixed up and into CVS we'll see.

compiling latest cvs (as of ~ 11:30 pm PST 6/29) took care of it .. I also noticed that zoom range is back to where it was before I got the floating xp change.. so perhaps they were related.. in any case...

ty all for the quick replys and for all the work updating and enhancing EL.

Yep, its back to normal. Good for the xp message size, shame for the zoom as I kind of liked being able to zoom out all that way. For me, it made walking around require less tab map use.

How far the client can zoom greatly affects how the game is presented to players. In the past Entropy & Roja have been very careful to limit it's range on the official client.

Any changes in the amount of zooming need to be cleared with them as well or n00bs will say the game looks like junk just because they can zoom out do far they see problems or they get 1 FPS.

Given the interest in the 1st person view code from Emajekrel (which I'm still trying to wrangle into commit'able form), we're going to have to make some changes to make 1st person view look good... Those same changes will mean that a larger zoom is possible, without any degradation of quality, if so desired by Ent/Roja.

Of course, I have to somehow get it working so Roja can play with it before I expect much decision making and such will be done :omg:

Yes, we need to have some default max zoom level, which can only be changed by pr0s (like editing el.ini or something).

As for the first person, we have to see how it looks like when it's done.