Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

No offence but if someone enters a pk map or arena wearing nmt and without having a red cape with him then

HE IS A BIG NOOB!

Brod is an excuse especially now that red cape doesn't break at once.And dont forget that red cape protects you from all kinds of rings. Mana destruction,rops etc.

I think Brod sux, already got branched and not for that i bought one and search for revenge, i think everybody who have a little conscience and like to pk should do the same, say no to those damn weapons

i remember once, at dp arena, i got broded... i got soo pissed at it that i instantly bought brod to get revenge ... then 1 week later, i was guildless, and it was non drop day, and i broded alot :devlish: :devlish: *ebul ;)*

Sometimes I am so smart I scare myself! I know how to revive pk and make even the friendly harvesters (like myself) go pk!

Here it is and it's so easy! Place Tankel and Heavybeard in KF and make them pk'able! Problem solved!

People would line up to pk!

also make them drop some of the armor/weapons that they destroyed

Sometimes I am so smart I scare myself! I know how to revive pk and make even the friendly harvesters (like myself) go pk!

Here it is and it's so easy! Place Tankel and Heavybeard in KF and make them pk'able! Problem solved!

People would line up to pk!

also make them drop some of the armor/weapons that they destroyed

lol... ye, everyone wants to kill tankel & heavybeard :w00t:

Again, we make baseless comments. Here are ALL the NMT capes degraded since the history of EL (actually, since the end of last year):

Sun Dec 31 02:12:01 2006 Player Lorck lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Jan 21 22:31:59 2007 Player sMooMs lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Jan 28 02:35:29 2007 Player Acidic lost a No More Tears Cape

Wed Jan 31 06:54:36 2007 Player ziara lost a No More Tears Cape

Thu Feb 8 07:45:02 2007 Player Haunter lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Feb 25 20:15:53 2007 Player Karem lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Mar 18 12:50:14 2007 Player Siarato lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Mar 18 19:24:38 2007 Player Szogun lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 1 01:17:03 2007 Player ToMmYKnOcKeR lost a No More Tears Cape

Mon Apr 2 00:57:41 2007 Player hades lost a No More Tears Cape

Fri Apr 6 20:32:58 2007 Player hades lost a No More Tears Cape

Tue Apr 10 12:50:28 2007 Player fenixbr lost a No More Tears Cape

Tue Apr 10 14:42:27 2007 Player Dushan lost a No More Tears Cape

Fri Apr 13 04:19:27 2007 Player Hatch lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 15 15:39:34 2007 Player uLubatLi lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun Apr 15 19:09:17 2007 Player gurgeh lost a No More Tears Cape

Sun May 20 22:35:25 2007 Player WarAxe lost a No More Tears Cape

Mon May 28 04:11:02 2007 Player Mistaken lost a No More Tears Cape

Wed Jun 13 22:34:04 2007 Player squiz lost a No More Tears Cape

Thu Jun 14 00:31:07 2007 Player gorik lost a No More Tears Cape

Of all this, only 7 lost due to BroD.

Hmm wonder how many i destroyed :w00t:

One thing i want to say about Brod is, In pk there is NO profit anymore and it sucks and makes PK frustrating, so i would use brod and like to know that i made someone loose 30-400k depending on what breaks, for me that would be more enjoyment more flames, more hate. Watching a enemy suffer instead of making them loose rosto for me made me happyer....(I havent used bRod in about 3 months though trying to bring back PK a bit) but thats another way to look at Brod....Let the flames being :ph34r:

Edited by pook

That's why the BroD was introduced in the first place :D

when someone gets hit with the brod it SHOULD leave a message saying what item broke, would make things more interesting.....mabye even a BROD COUNTER, that logs youre succesful brances and list what u destroyed..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the POWER of summon stones hurt pk a bit, and also the mana removal products, they created more of a need to have allies to help you pk......mainly because levels dont matter , the most summons wins...

lorck i do agree with most of youre points, and also i agree with mp's also ...

but with cooldown and all mana removal and cooldown magic shit/summon stones, the lenght of pk fight is really cut short........ AND I THINK THIS KILLS ALOT OF PEOPLES MOTIVATION TO PK, thus forcing them to make allys to stand a chance on pk fight......i think cooldown on sr or mabye at least on extra mana potion should be lowered or removed............. to make it more clear and to the point

when u have magic/summon stones that drain all mana instant , and coolddown on an sr/emp is way long their is no fight only luck to hit/no be hit with summon stone/magic shit (after u cast mi, and restore once (if summon dont steal all mana before this is possible) most people have 0 mana ) ...pk used to be more fun cause 3 weaker people could fight vs 1 stronger person and the fight could last NOW the person who has mabye 20+ levels from his enemy cant fight vs 3 people cause 3 ppl mas summon will wipe floor vs only one stronger person........well anyways thats why i found pk to suck

in conclusion I think people have lost motivation to pk because after they spend all time traiing the walk into pk and get mass summoned and loose all their mana in seconds to 300gc stone IMO that sux......

*******DOES THE PK #'S HAVE ANYHTHING TO DO WITH HOW MANY ANTS/PEOPLE ATK BOTS KILL?********

Edited by mufossa

Sun Feb 25 20:15:53 2007 Player Karem lost a No More Tears Cape

i did it :D

Sun Apr 1 01:17:03 2007 Player ToMmYKnOcKeR lost a No More Tears Cape

kreamz did it!! while pvping with my bro XD

increase monster drops and/or exp points on some pk maps. even if it were just by a tiny fraction, i think it would increase pk participation.

I only PK on no drop days myself but almost everyone agrees that PK is limited by equipment. Money is in endless supply but takes endless hours for most players to get. Everyone here who is posting about PK being dead because of lack of equipment should be posting yes for multiplay. More people would be able to make more stuff and more people would be able to make more money to buy more stuff. PK would be a LOT more active if the game economy was just robust enough to support armor replacements on a frequent basis.

Everyone is all gloom and doom about more stuff in game but that is bassackwards economics. Economies do NOT grow by cutting production of goods and services they die that way. Just make it easier to make the higher level stuff and people will do just that. Eventually almost anyone who wants to PK will be able to afford the breakage of the better stuff in the game and PK will be massively more active. Rostos make PK pointless so Entropy added the point system. That still leaves it as uber expensive and especially if you care about your points and want to wear your best gear.

It is time to move past only elite players having the best gear and being able to pawn everyone with it and never using it because they are afraid the other elite players will break it. Yes I made that statement contradictory if taken literally but everyone knows what I mean so just read it that way. No PKing because the people you can beat in your uber armor either avoid you or summon/group jump you and you lose. PKing people of your own level can break your stuff that is too hard to replace. Did anyone notice that a NMT cost almost twice as much as a complete set of armor for PKing?

Get out of the quagmire. It used to be we have few high level manuers and crafters because it took forever to level because the higher level stuff took forever to just fail on let alone make. Now that we have cooldown the higher stuff is easier to make and more characters are leveling those skills. Let more people make the higher stuff and more people will sell it. Players will use alts to help get the money for gear as well as using alts to help make it. PK will have a massive revival and more money will be flowing around the game than ever before because the economy will be monstrously busy. :happy: I would love to be able to afford to PK and get in the mix.

The summons and mana problems are forcing cooperation and strategy and that is what Entropy wants which is more player interaction. I can't speak to how much more or less fun it is for PK but I do know that there would be more PK if there was a better supply of equipment in game for everyone. :)

TirunCollimdus

coGM of PATH

when someone gets hit with the brod it SHOULD leave a message saying what item broke, would make things more interesting.....mabye even a BROD COUNTER, that logs youre succesful brances and list what u destroyed..

I like this idea alot

maybe make a in ranking page : top 10 broders ? :happy:

and it would show what they broke :)

Put a double yetti spawn in KF lmao :happy: and give 10% exp increase that would make KF pk SICKKKKKKKKKKK el will have a new idea of PK...but with increased exp ect.. make the drops really shitty since exp is increased.....

Well, I just finished implementing (although it will still need some testing) an idea that I think will also rejuvenate the PK. See the blog for details.

Well, I just finished implementing (although it will still need some testing) an idea that I think will also rejuvenate the PK. See the blog for details.

I assume the no Rostogol #day has been well received? This idea would be the natural extension of that test and should give more insight as to what style of PK people really prefer.

I am pretty sure that it won't be so popular. The cooldown and rostogol stones were meant to level the field a little.

What I think will happen is this: lower levels will go in that map with leather/augmented/maybe iron armors.

Toomass and LuciferX and a few others will come in full dragon armor, CoL, MoL, and they will be unbeatable, killing everyone and getting their stuff. Then people will not go there because there is no point in getting there and be killed in a few hits (since they won't bring their CoL).

I am pretty sure that it won't be so popular. The cooldown and rostogol stones were meant to level the field a little.

What I think will happen is this: lower levels will go in that map with leather/augmented/maybe iron armors.

Toomass and LuciferX and a few others will come in full dragon armor, CoL, MoL, and they will be unbeatable, killing everyone and getting their stuff. Then people will not go there because there is no point in getting there and be killed in a few hits (since they won't bring their CoL).

Wasn't it like this all the time before cooldown and high level armors? I'm sure it will take some time before people re-use the lower level armor, but i'm pretty sure it will come. I remember the old times when donpedro was like unbeatable, and when someone beated him they were proud of it :evilgrin:

Wasn't it like this all the time before cooldown and high level armors? I'm sure it will take some time before people re-use the lower level armor, but i'm pretty sure it will come. I remember the old times when donpedro was like unbeatable, and when someone beated him they were proud of it :evilgrin:

Not really.

First of all, at that time the most expensive armor was relatively cheap.

Second, the skill/attribute differences between the average PKer and the highest one weren't so great.

Finally, there were no CoLs, MoL, and other ubber items, so the fights were harder/shorter.

With no cooldown, even Toomass and LuciferX are killable :evilgrin:. And Im willing to give it a shot, if they could drop when die.

*Won't try LuciferX for different reasons.

Edited by Manderijn

Finally, there were no CoLs, MoL, and other ubber items, so the fights were harder/shorter.

Well you got a point there, but I don't think a lot of people will take a chance to lose their col :evilgrin:

And if someone comes in with col and some people are around i'm pretty sure he will have a nice amount of people on him.

I didnt got the point where will be easier/possible to kill tops with no cooldown...

It will be even more hard do kill, almost impossible.

on a map without cooldown, using a col, a top 5 player is pretty imortal.

Edit: Just to complete, I like the idea of this new map with now cooldown/rosto, but I personally doubt it will replace kf

Edited by Vormavius

it'll be like no rosto days, I'll sit in full tit, CoL and cd sabre in PK (ok, w/o cd sabre) and collect giant summoning stones ... and just for info, I never found anyone who bitching about no gc from PKing ^^

it'll be like no rosto days, I'll sit in full tit, CoL and cd sabre in PK (ok, w/o cd sabre) and collect giant summoning stones ... and just for info, I never found anyone who bitching about no gc from PKing ^^

Yes you will do it for maybe a week, maybe even 2, but after you notice you only can win leather pants and have a chance to lose your own expensive stuff you will change your mind pretty sure. And people can easy keep dissing from you with no cooldown, so you will be ignored by a lot of people :evilgrin: