Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

Point system would be cool. To prevent abuse, a high point player would get few points if he killed a low-points player. And if you die, you lose points of course.

This way it cant be abused over and over again?

Its prolly also the total cost.

Lets take worst case senario:

You fight and use 10 summ stones (3750 gc) then your red cape breaks (6500gc) then you die (rost 16k gc). thats 26k gc for 1 (lost) fight. Not even ess and pots counted.

Add to that Brod which also keeps ppl away.

And i think MP is right...if you take ant/DP/merc kills away..there isnt much real pk deaths left.

I still check all pk maps/arenas regularly (c1 and c2) but your lucky if you even get 1 kill from that.

Atm from the guilds that do pk we have =Hc= and -EF- allied...all rest of active PK guilds are Red or default ("free game")...and still not much PK for us. Well, some fights with PKG but thats about it.

Well, like I said, there are many PK fights that do not result in death (at LEAST half of them do not result in death). So that more than compensates for the ants and mercury kills.

What 'bout when dying in PK (for RP'ing you could say: The god/s have rewarded your honour) you have a *slight* chance of losing no items and keeping rosto, just to make it less pricey on some occasions

Others may think this idea is stupid but i just think maybe it could help the PK problem slightky, i also wanna say I like the PK points idea and also the one mentioned earlier about rosto shards

You fight and use 10 summ stones (3750 gc) then your red cape breaks (6500gc) then you die (rost 16k gc). thats 26k gc for 1 (lost) fight. Not even ess and pots counted.

Its problem? People pay 400k+ for a nex removal stone, lal.
Atm from the guilds that do pk we have =Hc= and -EF- allied...all rest of active PK guilds are Red or default ("free game")...and still not much PK for us. Well, some fights with PKG but thats about it.

How about riva/HIM/PL/Hell/^@^/you name it.

Oh, and just to make the point above a little more clear:

[PM from BleedingSoul: Yea, but I don't play BloodS often and Hulda is usually taken

[PM to BleedingSoul: well, if it was taken, i came in and pwned the trainee :D]

[PM from BleedinggSoul: Yea, but allies/friendly..]

I mean, come on, you made allied/friendly with TONS of people, almost everyone, then cry you don't have anybody to fight? Gimme a break. :icon8:

First of all, if game developers and game owners think that all is good in pk and its the way it should be than nothing i can say/suggest/do will change it no matter how much i will try.

The "omfg, rostos killed it" is simply not true. From what I heard, in WoW you don't lose items when you die, and people still PK there.

Do they loose a rosto(or similar expensive item)every time they die?

Do their expensive armors have random chance to break w/o any possibility to repair them?(like enchanted armors and weapons in el)

Does enemy player can break their expensive armors(which can be only prevented by using expensive and highly breakable item)?

Does enemy player can attack them being invisible?

Can they transfer their ingame money to uber-powerfull monsters that can kill even top player in less than 5 seconds (giant summoning stones)?

I asked those questions coz imho stuff i mentioned above makes pk less fun.

I dont know WoW, and i only talked with 1 person that regulary plays it(Arcantris, also top player and PKer by nature, he reached there max lvl-70, so he knows both games and their combat system very good).

Someone suggested making a PK counter, where you get a point each time when you PK someone.

Now, this is a nice idea, and I thought about it many times. But the problem is preventing abuse...

So what do you think about that?

I see many possibilities to abuse that system, but its still worth to try it out.

Ty for ur attention and sorry for typos, tried my best to not make them.

mp

To Masterpiter: You don't need to compare to WoW. You can compare with the EL of the past. People fought and had fun, WITH red cape and rostos and w/e (oh, its very very expensive red cape, i can't afford those, though i can afford nexus stones),

Here's an idea,

Make it so that a/d levels mean less in the formula that determines hit/miss damage/defense and criticals.

Right now, someone who is 20/20 has no chance at all of killing someone who's 30/30 with similar gear, BUT! if the formula were more radical, with a larger amount of CHANCE, you could make it so that you had a 50% of killing someone at the same level, 40% at 5 levels less, 30 % at 10 levels less, 20% at 15 levels less, 10% at 20 levels less, 5% at 25 levels less and 1% at any level difference greater then 25.

(Those numbers are not what i'm suggesting, i don't know anything about the current formulas, it's just to illustrate a point)

If a 20/20 had a 1% chance of killing a 100/100, it would be funny to see that happen, but if a 20/20 had a real chance of killing a 40/40, you may see alot more people taking chances, especially if the 20/20 busts out a nicer weapon then the 40/40 had in armor protection.

I'm thinking that making PK much less predicatable might cause it to become more interesting for lower level folks and hence, cause them to take a chance and fight a tougher player.

Its problem? People pay 400k+ for a nex removal stone, lal.

How about riva/HIM/PL/Hell/^@^/you name it.

Oh, and just to make the point above a little more clear:

[PM from BleedingSoul: Yea, but I don't play BloodS often and Hulda is usually taken

[PM to BleedingSoul: well, if it was taken, i came in and pwned the trainee :D]

[PM from BleedinggSoul: Yea, but allies/friendly..]

I mean, come on, you made allied/friendly with TONS of people, almost everyone, then cry you don't have anybody to fight? Gimme a break. :icon8:

Yes i can pay for Pk.

But majority of ppl cant......when you have for example "only" 100k in store loosing 26k gc is a lot.

PL/HELL/HIM friendly or allied yes....but they almost never PK...at least not anymore/nowadays.

RIVA? I see only Smurf sometimes in PK.

^@^ is default tag guild.

And as Blee knows by now...mostly PKG (toom) or Luci vacate Hulda nowadays. Luci even checks there very often to kick ppl.

as a former WoW player :D

Do their expensive armors have random chance to break w/o any possibility to repair them?(like enchanted armors and weapons in el)

Does enemy player can break their expensive armors(which can be only prevented by using expensive and highly breakable item)?

one of the major downsides to pk in WoW is when you die your armor takes big damage, which can really break the bank if your wearing good armor and pk alot, just to get ur stuf repaired

almost always :icon8:

[/my offtopic]

That will not happen, because the total amount of PK points in the game will always be 0.

So if you PK someone, you gain a point, the other person loses it.

What do I get for proving you wrong? :D

-Blee

Yes i can pay for Pk.

But majority of ppl cant......when you have for example "only" 100k in store loosing 26k gc is a lot.

And that was not a problem 4 months ago!! With red cape and w/e, people fighting.

PL/HELL/HIM friendly or allied yes....but they almost never PK...at least not anymore/nowadays.

RIVA? I see only Smurf sometimes in PK.

^@^ is default tag guild.

Well, they don't go to pk because they know that they will find nothing to pk. If they had decent (as in strong, with same level) enemies, they would go often. Even Riva.

And about ^@^ i remember Nienora in her last days complaining she was fighting rusikus alone (and resetted) and 5-6 NL around WATCHING her getting pwned. And most of them were former guildies of her and allied with her guild.

Anyways, i am diverging from the topic. The notion is: last time you (Ambrosius) had several enemies, you fought people at pk. You made several alliances and friendships and noticed that you could not fight anymore. Can't you see the relation?

And as Blee knows by now...mostly PKG (toom) or Luci vacate Hulda nowadays. Luci even checks there very often to kick ppl.

Well, last week i gone to hulda to see how hard achim pwned me with my coord (not much, interestingly, i could fight them nicely) and found luci.

__

Just to note, someone who flame and spice things up, also adds a lot for motivation for pk. Remember Donpedro, and toomass and other folks who provoked people into pk. There is nobody playing which makes people really pissed at him/her, maybe this new TooMass can do the job.

EDIT:Oh, there is markusweck who could fill the job of provoker of pk, but he don't got skills to be a great pker, just is able to make people pissed. I could do a similar stuff, but heh, i prefer to focus in other things, and its not wise to play something just to make my enemies to have fun. :D

Edited by Lorck

And that was not a problem 4 months ago!! With red cape and w/e, people fighting.

Actually it was. I remember from total war time lot of Die! complaining bout cost of pk. Some even needed to borrow gc, rosts or red capes! to keep pking at times.

Ofcourse there is relation to allies and pk activity......but as is now with most ACTIVE pk guilds red or default i dont see how it would bring us more pk to make guilds that almost never PK red tag.

That will not happen, because the total amount of PK points in the game will always be 0.

So if you PK someone, you gain a point, the other person loses it.

However if players are deleted by inactivity or #killme yes, then the number of total pk points in the game can be changed from the original zero.

Honestly, i don't considere \A/ active at pking. I play only to help friends and very very rarely.

So what pk guilds there are with nicely leveled fighters who you are able to fight? I think only *CO* (and luci only, if you don't count mango as 'nicely leveled') and pkg. Now if considere 'Gwar', 'PATH' or TLB (this new tlb who have only people able to fight at dp arena) and other non-fighter guilds 'pk guilds' so be it.

I am not defending that you should go making war with other people, etc. Just noting the fact. For instance, if PKG or *CO* get really strong suddenly and make the pk gears to roll again it would be a nice thing, indeed.

And well, some people chosen their destiny, just don't complain for lack of pk when one ESSENTIAL element of pk is missing: someone to fight. People could fix stones, make pk points, lower stones cooldown, whatever... the main problem would still remain the same.

Do they loose a rosto(or similar expensive item)every time they die?

Can they transfer their ingame money to uber-powerfull monsters that can kill even top player in less than 5 seconds (giant summoning stones)

I asked those questions coz imho stuff i mentioned above makes pk less fun.

I dont know WoW, and i only talked with 1 person that regulary plays it(Arcantris, also top player and PKer by nature, he reached there max lvl-70, so he knows both games and their combat system very good).

I see many possibilities to abuse that system, but its still worth to try it out.

Ty for ur attention and sorry for typos, tried my best to not make them.

mp

Yes, PKing in WoW is VERY expensive, especially for better players. You can loose 2 or 3 sets of Tier-5 (top-quality WoW armor) in one raid, but they don't complain :).

Also, no one's forcing you to PK or to even play EL...so if its that bad....

-Shuj

However if players are deleted by inactivity or #killme yes, then the number of total pk points in the game can be changed from the original zero.

Inactivity does not affect players that high.

The "#killme yes" can bring the sum to non zero, however, I really highly doubt someone will level a 75 a/d char only to get more points. And this is clearly cheating, and doing that will cause you to lose all your PK points, or worse.

After reading this entire thread i have to say that Lorck is 110% right, there are to many allys in game, i think there should be a number of allys a guild should have. PkG is the only guild that PKs and actively fights non stop, we had flame war with Luci, but after TOom and I wiped the floors with him he was never seen again in KF only searching for us in HUlda with bRod, but my point is there is just to many guilds with allys and it ruins the game, nothing against HIm guild or PL but they have no enemys... And NL is the only guild that wil give us a fight but all they do is sit in there Yetti cave and train, if you cattch them in kF its because they fight when its 10 vs. 2...PkG is the only guild that will not give a Fuck and run into Kf out numbered but for some reasons everyone else has no balls.......i hvae to say i do miss Die! guild they were good fight....and in EL today if i try to start a PK war in words ill end up being banned or something like that...

i think i would have more fun in pK with a 40/40 ad account in DP then a 130 ad in kf, isnt there something wrong there?.....Also maybe there should be more no Drop days for more ppl to PK n rostos are nOT the problem its the community...

Numbers r just numbers

Go to kf with a noob char and tell me how many fights u will find

I went in KF last night (at like 1 AM) and there were a few fights going on.

Numbers r just numbers

Go to kf with a noob char and tell me how many fights u will find

I went in KF last night (at like 1 AM) and there were a few fights going on.

im sure it was a couple low levels fighting like Hc or some what if stronger player comes they all gone

im sure it was a couple low levels fighting like Hc or some what if stronger player comes they all gone

Yes, coz they cannot perform good long fight vs some1 who can kill them very quickly.

SRs got big cooldown so fight vs stronger player is very very short, and since stronger player can use summoning stone to catch weaker players diss its very risky to even try to fight some1 stronger from u.

Thats why i suggested Diss+tele ring as new item, so players feel more safe and fight not weaker but also stronger enemies often.

Edited by masterpiter

Yes, coz they cannot perform good long fight vs some1 who can kill them very quickly.

SRs got big cooldown so fight vs stronger player is very very short, and since stronger player can use summoning stone to catch weaker players diss its very risky to even try to fight some1 stronger from u.

Thats why i suggested Diss+tele ring as new item, so players feel more safe and fight not weaker but also stronger enemies often.

i always used to fight stronger ppl then me before my reset ;o and sometimes i still fight ^^

And how exactly are you going to kill someone that has that ring? In fact, how can you even die with such a ring?