Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

I don't know..

Should be in percents, I think. Maybe something like 0.01%, with a 5K minimum (whatever is bigger).

I don't know..

Should be in percents, I think. Maybe something like 0.01%, with a 5K minimum (whatever is bigger).

i like this idea alot no cool down no drop , but exp loss sounds like he ultimate sacrafice for a hard training pker thats really putting youre ass on the line :)

If it is oa loss, there could be problems if oa is lost by 1, and person dont have free pps.

How about 1/100 of current a/d lvl?

If that lvl needs 2000xp -> 20xp

If lvl needs 1mil -> 10000xp

If lvl needs 5mil -> 50000xp

Or maybe even 1/50 :)

If it is oa loss, there could be problems if oa is lost by 1, and person dont have free pps.

How about 1/100 of current a/d lvl?

If that lvl needs 2000xp -> 20xp

If lvl needs 1mil -> 10000xp

If lvl needs 5mil -> 50000xp

Or maybe even 1/50 :)

it could make you owe the experience...so that say you loose a fight you owe 5k experience and cannot come back into the map untill you pay up

I only PK on no drop days myself but almost everyone agrees that PK is limited by equipment. Money is in endless supply but takes endless hours for most players to get. Everyone here who is posting about PK being dead because of lack of equipment should be posting yes for multiplay. More people would be able to make more stuff and more people would be able to make more money to buy more stuff. PK would be a LOT more active if the game economy was just robust enough to support armor replacements on a frequent basis.

Everyone is all gloom and doom about more stuff in game but that is bassackwards economics. Economies do NOT grow by cutting production of goods and services they die that way. Just make it easier to make the higher level stuff and people will do just that. Eventually almost anyone who wants to PK will be able to afford the breakage of the better stuff in the game and PK will be massively more active. Rostos make PK pointless so Entropy added the point system. That still leaves it as uber expensive and especially if you care about your points and want to wear your best gear.

It is time to move past only elite players having the best gear and being able to pawn everyone with it and never using it because they are afraid the other elite players will break it. Yes I made that statement contradictory if taken literally but everyone knows what I mean so just read it that way. No PKing because the people you can beat in your uber armor either avoid you or summon/group jump you and you lose. PKing people of your own level can break your stuff that is too hard to replace. Did anyone notice that a NMT cost almost twice as much as a complete set of armor for PKing?

Get out of the quagmire. It used to be we have few high level manuers and crafters because it took forever to level because the higher level stuff took forever to just fail on let alone make. Now that we have cooldown the higher stuff is easier to make and more characters are leveling those skills. Let more people make the higher stuff and more people will sell it. Players will use alts to help get the money for gear as well as using alts to help make it. PK will have a massive revival and more money will be flowing around the game than ever before because the economy will be monstrously busy. :) I would love to be able to afford to PK and get in the mix.

The summons and mana problems are forcing cooperation and strategy and that is what Entropy wants which is more player interaction. I can't speak to how much more or less fun it is for PK but I do know that there would be more PK if there was a better supply of equipment in game for everyone. :)

TirunCollimdus

coGM of PATH

hes totally right

*bows to sensei*

this is the type of major change EL needs, not more bells and whistles like PK score and top BRODers list :D

anyone who read my last post (the very longwinded one on page 5 maybe? or 4 or 6... =P) knows that ive played lots of different MMOs looking for the best one and of all of them EL is the most difficult to get good armor in, by FAR. the most expensive armor in the game shouldnt be more than 100k for a full set, and since COL is basically a fighting pre-requisite past 40ish a/d these days it should be much cheaper and easier to make as well.

Well, could it be because we have more armors than other games?

With 100K you can get a pretty good armor in EL. But if you have the money, why not buy something even better?

Why put a limit on what you can buy with the money?

There still should be a penalty for death. How about an EXP loss map, where you lose exp instead of rostos/items?

The bigger penalty for death, the less ppl will risk entering a map.

1% from a/d exp is in my case 220k def exp and 130k attack exp, which means 350k a+d exp lost, so around 80 minutes of training lost in case od death.

Rosto-penalty is -15k gc, so 3h time on blue lupines/coal or about 2,5h on iron if some1 wasted pickpoints on inorg 2 nexus.

If ppl would loose only items from inventory( even 100% of it but w/o equiped items) it would be like 2-5k gc lost( potions,rings, essences, maybe spare moon med and some bear/tiger stones, rather no1 would take other stuff) it would be small loss and acceptable.

U can also make it like: 50% of these items r dropped in bag after death, the other 50% is really lost(so vanishes, server takes it :D ).

mp

1% from a/d exp is in my case 220k def exp and 130k attack exp, which means 350k a+d exp lost, so around 80 minutes of training lost in case od death.
You should note that Entropy never suggested one percent (1%) which is a huge amount of experience to loose, but actually suggested one-hundredth of a percent (0.01%) which is a much smaller amount:
Maybe something like 0.01%, with a 5K minimum (whatever is bigger).