Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

Thats why i suggested Diss+tele ring as new item, so players feel more safe and fight not weaker but also stronger enemies often.

And how exactly are you going to kill someone that has that ring? In fact, how can you even die with such a ring?

tiger stones or JSoC :icon13:

Do they loose a rosto(or similar expensive item)every time they die?

Do their expensive armors have random chance to break w/o any possibility to repair them?(like enchanted armors and weapons in el)

Does enemy player can break their expensive armors(which can be only prevented by using expensive and highly breakable item)?

Does enemy player can attack them being invisible?

Can they transfer their ingame money to uber-powerfull monsters that can kill even top player in less than 5 seconds (giant summoning stones)

I asked those questions coz imho stuff i mentioned above makes pk less fun.

I dont know WoW, and i only talked with 1 person that regulary plays it(Arcantris, also top player and PKer by nature, he reached there max lvl-70, so he knows both games and their combat system very good).

I see many possibilities to abuse that system, but its still worth to try it out.

Ty for ur attention and sorry for typos, tried my best to not make them.

mp

Yes, PKing in WoW is VERY expensive, especially for better players. You can loose 2 or 3 sets of Tier-5 (top-quality WoW armor) in one raid, but they don't complain :mace:.

Also, no one's forcing you to PK or to even play EL...so if its that bad....

-Shuj

I didnt mention anything about wow cause i dont like to advertise other games through el forums.

Anyway i was pking in wow for many hours.I died like 30 times cause i had a tanking role as a warrior.

At the end of the fights i won honour points(similar with pk points in el) and my reputation was increased in stormwind city.(something like ws city).If i was a dwarve and el was wow my reputation would be increased in votd. You don't lose a db but items are getting degraded each time u die.So yes its expensive.

But u can repair your items to an npc. Something similar and pbl better will be added to el with the engineering skill. I had fun so i kept playing and i will do it again.

WOW is good but believe me el is good too thats why i keep playing it.

@Pookies. Not all players are idiots like me. Last time i fought Luciferx(mufossa) although i knew he had js of cooling.(i died of course after a while). :icon13:

Does enemy player can attack them being invisible?

yes, in wow, some type of characters can become invisible and attack opponents, but once they attack, they become visible again :icon13:

Thats why i suggested Diss+tele ring as new item, so players feel more safe and fight not weaker but also stronger enemies often.

And how exactly are you going to kill someone that has that ring? In fact, how can you even die with such a ring?

Exactly same like they died before diss ring had cooldown.

At that times u could use diss ring/tele ring/spirit restoration potion every 2 seconds, so ppl were not afraid of entering pk maps, training monsters on pk, pvping, fighting stronger or multiple opponents, coz ur chance to survive was very high.

Now low chance to survive= less ppl on pk maps=very small number of fights and even smaller number of deaths.

And to Shurjal:

U really think i risk my forum and ingame account to be banned coz i dont care about EL??

I risk it only coz i care about EL and i want pking to be as much fun as possible for top5 strenght characters ingame, but also for all players that like fighting.

mp

Exactly same like they died before diss ring had cooldown.

This is non-sense, before cooldown, there were no cols and people could die with 2 hits of thermal serp, the pk was very different.
At that times u could use diss ring/tele ring/spirit restoration potion every 2 seconds, so ppl were not afraid of entering pk maps, training monsters on pk, pvping, fighting stronger or multiple opponents, coz ur chance to survive was very high.
So what? You click on that ring and it does not matter, if you instantly tele and go to isla prima, you are as safe as you can get.
Now low chance to survive= less ppl on pk maps=very small number of fights and even smaller number of deaths.

Small chance to survive? 95+% of the fights i lose i dis and tele to not die. When i visite EL i go take a ride in hulda with 80 coord (where many people on top 20 has 110+ of coord and stay in line of 3-4 people on yeti cave). I used to train pvp with Nienora and Ohmygod (and even Scarr when =Hc= was a great guild) in KF to be attacked. On purpose to be attacked and have fun. You can train nicely on pk, just restore at 80 hp and be prepared to dis and tele on sight. I never (ever) died training on hulda for instance.

Its really a matter of attitude, if you want to have fights, you will get.

If you want to be a pseudo-hippie, make friendship with all strong and be surprised that n0body of your level to fight. And be surprised that the weak people don't go on pk like lambs so you and your strong friends can have fun. Well, that is all your choice, so don't complain.

Its that simple. Oh, and HIM or XYZ guild don't go to pk. Give them enemies and motivation to go to pk and they will, like they did on the past when they had enemies and motivation.

EDIT: Oh, just to note. In the glorious old times, when people actually fought, i was enemy with tons of people, and they harmed and attacked while invisible on pk, of course. You already got harmed by toomass (the real one, back then), who was #1 of magic while invisible? I did, many times and never died for that.

Edited by Lorck

Hi Morabelon here :) !

I spend a lot of time in Kf, seen my share of wins and lostest. I have a time with high a/d people pking me more then I like hehe :) but hey what the heck its fun seeing if I can live throught each battle. There are alot of powerful players in and out of kf, I tip me hat to ya. I am fairly new 9 months now on EL haveing fun, good luck to all of you ! i'll do me best to meet you square up on the field of battle just need to keep traing me a/d up a bit more to be more competative with ya. The guilds and the rivalry is great been in a couple multi battles recently great fun. All in all pk seems to be picking up and I hope it stays that way :).

CYA ! Mora out !!

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think there are a multiple good points here. But mostly relating to the players cause of why pk may seem slower then usual. I have done a test somewhat, just to see if it is indeed the players. Or maybe things in the game that could have caused this slightly possible slow down in pk. I think its 80% players, 20% game stuff related. I'll explain in the below.

Why I think 20% of it is game stuff. Although as cool as some things in EL are. Some people may not like high costs of armor, rosto's (not that they are high now compared to past), etc. They really do not want to lose it, some use this high end gear instead for training. Which I can understand, that it helps so less restore. But thinking that could slow ya magic exp gaining. Anyways, back to topic. I think this new high end armor's weapons, etc may be reason why some players do not pk. Cuz lets face it, some of us do not want to lose our goodies. And at times it can be difficult to earn gc on the game. Also summ stones, cool downs, etc all can be included in this. Some cool downs may be slightly to much in some views. I can agree with what some have said about stones to a degree. I have only used stones a few times. (checking them out mostly) And I know I dislike that area of pk in generally speaking about summoning stones..

Now why I think 80% is players. I think some players should grow some guts. A lot of people do not wish to fight those larger or more powerful then themselfs. People flock to larger people. Unitentionally, its part of nature. They are viewed as protectors, helpers, etc. So some would rather be friends with these people for example, then to possibly get on they're bad side. I think I have always fought those bigger then me, 75% of my fights the person is larger, and some smaller then myself. Its almost a gaurentee that if ya challenge someone that is larger than yourself, you shall find pk. I would say this is true most of the time. Maybe not all, but most. People now days vs past days of mentioned people in previous posts from long long ago were a different attitude, different way of doing things. Some people these days, when they get into cut down contests to spark pk. Some do not know how to joke, and some take it to seriously. This is a game just like any other. (except I choose to play this one cuz I enjoy it) Im not saying not to be friends with everyone. I'm not saying to dislike everyone either. I'm just saying you can have enemies that are buddies. But today, most people do not wish to see that, or have that as a ability. They think friends, I must not attack.

My test today included taunting guilds and people, but they all (for the most part) knew I was joking, yet seriously looking for pk. And making new enemies not cuz of bad reasons, but to increase our pkables in a fun manner. I #ig'd I think about 6 guilds. Proclaiming "come, battle royal in kf, pk now have fun." Of the 6 guilds, 2 showed faith. And came out to play. Now when I spoke in a joking yet taunting manner. 95% of the time the person was in kf. Now when I spoke nicely and joking, after I died. The person remained in kf cuz he or she knew I was coming back to pk. (but only did so cuz I was not bigger, or etc compared to them possibly {plus I had a handfull of problems setting my magic bar to how it use to be, idk what i did, but I screwed it up pretty good}) I didn't flare or etc. It was fun.

Maybe I have a sick sense of humor. but I beleive no matter how the game changes the players of the game will always be responsible for how pk takes place. Or how much pk is present. Because we choose to not do this or that. We choose to do things this or that way. Some choose to be friends with everyone and not pk. Some choose to red tag all just because they can. Some choose to only red tag those that they absolutely dislike. While others make enemies just for the fun of pk. I am a mix of all the things in the above listed of this paragraph. I have red taged some just for the fun and they know it. I have red taged some just because I do not like them, not as a character, but as a person and they know it. I have some friends i would attack, but I don't attack unless I know is cool prior. I have some that I attack just because I like testing myself. If you can't kill someone on the game, use it as a motivation tool. So that next time you attack that uber large dude or chick, you can see a improvement. Honestly we need some attitude and more guts back into EL. I know there is a handfull of us that do not care about how we make fun of each other. Who we fight, who we agrivate to a point. But those same people know they are joking, they know how to enjoy they're pking.

I may become the bad guy some day (not in a bag jumping, scamming, lieing, cheating, etc way), but if I get on your nerves, its not because your agrivating me. Its because I think its funny your letting me agrivate you. I joke 95% of my time on game. I don't speak with those that can't take a joke. (cuz they like that #abuse thingy, although ive been a good boy and havent been #abused in some time) Some are just to serious for my likings.

My point is, the players are mainly responsible for why pk is how it is. I can find a fight a few times each time I'm on game. It basically depends on time of day. Since the more people on equals the more possible opportunities. The attitude has changed. People don't want to trash talk in fear of this or that person hating them. (im great at it, but some just don't know how to take a joke. I've had to try and restrain a chat today, because etc was in the process of taking it to seriously. Im not going to name names.) People see someone 2 + times my size and feel they must kiss they're ass. (im not saying this is majority, but i have seen this occur often.{theres a difference between respect and ass kissing}) People have a ton of allies and friendlies. People give me a break! Get off ya asses, stop trying to ally with every guild on the game, get into pk, and lets have some fun. Its that simple, because it can only be as difficult as you make it.

I pk to have fun, to make it fun for all that play this game. Some day, I hope to hear some taunts that would make me laugh, like I use to laugh. Not that because your bigger on game then me, but because ya act like ya got a pair.

No offense intended. :happy:

~TK

But mostly relating to the players cause of why pk may seem slower then usual. I think its 80% players, 20% game stuff related.

TK, i like u, u helped me many times, i often talk with u ingame, but my opinion is way different from urs in that case.

If u think that player base is 80% responsible for no pking than tell me why in PK contest/tournament u make there r 1251 rules about not using certain ingame items, and why r there divisions/groups of players based on real strenght of players, not only their a/d?

In real pk ur enemy often will use every single item he can get, and he will attack u especially when u r weaker from him, he wont ask u for ur combat lvl lol.

He will also attack u when u train so when u r not prepared, and yes, he will even branch ur nmt from invi so u loose 400k gc item, since he is sure u got rosto so its more convinient for him to simply branch ur stuff.

If u diss he will use summon stone to catch ur diss, or his friend/guildmate will do that(and that person doesnt have to be strong even).

Community has nothing to do with it, when cooldown got implemented pk maps became empty in 2 days, community was exactly the same before and after cooldown update and still.... less action.

mp

I don't pk much and then only on no drop day. Why should I? There's nothing in it for me. You get very little oa points, and take a chance of breaking items. If i win, oppenent like me has a ro stone, so i get no drops. So pk is only a matter of pride of a/d skills ect? Not much pride when a lower lvl pulls out thermal, brod, ect or has friends casting harm. mana drain or using summoning stone on you.

When your loosing, and dis, you get caught with a summoning stone.. and end up loosing ro stone.To me theres not much fun in that.

Pk was so much more fun when i was fighting (and loosing) to scarr, pook and others in kf when all, more or less, wore leathers. and burning through 100 sr's & 200 he's (b4 cooldown) I didn't mind loosing stuff i could fairly easily make.

Maybe this new pk ranking would help for some but i doubt it.

Pk is to complicated now, you need to bring a bunch of different essence to cast magic immunity, mana drain, & harm bring as well as summoning stones and some friends... lol all for a fight that lasts 1-2 min? and take a chance of loosing much more than you will gain. (if your armor/weapon breaks or you loose ro stone) this is way to expencive to me with no gain.

How about making it where you can't enter kf with any armor over aug leather,and a weapon stronger than titanium long? Don't know if this could be done, but i think kf would be very busy again.

So what you are saying is that the PK is too complex/complicated now?

PK has clearly gotten more complex/complicated over the last few months. It's clearly possible that the extra complexity has caused some people to cut back or stop.

I'm not saying if the complexity is good or bad, just that it's there and those who PK have to deal with it and figure out what configuration/techniques work best for them.

PK is not dead. There are many like myself that have dreams of one day being able to pk successfully. All I need is hydro nexus, a few Million GC's worth of nexus removal stones, 6 months on a fluffy spawn, 6 months on a yeti spawn. a few million GCs worth of EMPs Summon Stones, capes, Thermal weps, Special armor, and I will be ready. :) Pk is not dead, only most people who would like to PK are tired of lossing rostogols, having Special armors/wepons branched. So they are in Mass trainning mode, trying to get enough GC's and PP's to be successfull. As soon as I have 150AD, Hydro Nexus, 110+ Cooridination and Millions of GC's worth of gear equiped. I will have fun in PK. I no longer have fun, getting into a fight, dieing in a few hits and ending up in the underworld. Pk is not dead...Just 3/4 of the EL population are not ready for succesfull pk yet (me included)

So what you are saying is that the PK is too complex/complicated now?

I'm from Arkansas (home of bill clinton), and everything is complicated to me :icon13:

But seriously the game on whole has changed so much since i started. Then strategy was to build up a/d by training monsters, buy a set of iron plate, a serp swd and go pwn... Summoning was cool so i trained thinking to be able to summon clops/fluffy in pk would be awesome, so I trained summoning untill stones came out. Now why waste time and effort summoning when you can buy summoning stones?( I have 3 pp's wasted for summoning.) Why spend so much time training monsters when you can buy tit armor and a bod and go pk.

I really don't like to pk for items and have even given back db's. ( i worked so hard to get tit armor/col /nmt i would feel bad taking from someone else...but I'm a softie) it's more fun to test your self and your (omg so many hrs spent at spawns training) hard work to raise a/d against someone your own lvl or higher.

yes game on whole has gotten more complicated and strategies have changed.

As for pk- it is to complicated for a "weekend warrior" like myself, I would have to do alot more of it, or join a pk guild to become proficient. besides kf and arenas are mostly empty.. preying on hydro miners is Not my thing.

Training monsters is radically different than pk and does little to prepare you.Pk has evolved into a skill unto itself...Maybe add pk skill under engineering?

I'm not complaining i love EL :) one of these days I'll reset and make some gc, but for now i have fun helping others and competing with friends for a/d lvl's btw Levinmage i'm closing in on att 107 better go train some beaver!

I agree on all Burfoot said.

Tho it doesn't feel 100% like that to me, which is problably because I never knew the old pk-style.

Simply said: there is no reason to go pk.. game-wise. You don't gain items (if you have average luck) and you don't gain xp (maybe besides a little magic). In contrary to that you can't pk without losing gold coins.

I still try PK now and then, since training gets boring, and PK can be fun. Summons make the fights so much shorter, and drain loads of gc I think. Maybe if summons would have a cooldown time of 10 seconds, fights would be longer. Besides that I think the special weapons are a bit overpowered. If a special Orcslayer/Saber kicks in, you're kinda done most of the times.(-150 mana/Full Cooldown on ALL(?) items which have cooldown). So for fighting those people you'd or have to be much stronger than them, or obtain such a weapon yourself. (Afaik magic immunity doesn't protect against those special effects)

And then again, better dragon plate. Looks awsome, but in some time, PK almost requires you to have one, or your enemy will already have a advantage on you. And they will break also, and the lost of gc will be even greater, since it doesn't degrades. So I will problably PK in dragon set soon, to have a chance against strong people. And some time it will ge gone, and I'll still haven't made gc, using the set. Say you'd make gc by harving coal for, such a dragon plate set. (if you don't make so much $, you can spare some on a game) Iirc a whole set is 340k gc. That will take many hours of harving. Fastest way of making gold coins is maybe killing yeti, but relatively few can do that. So must harv, or alch, but I doubt thats faster. Then when a set is obtained, it should be used to obtain something with it. You could train with it, but breaks in 1 time, so very risky. But besides training withit, all you can do with it, is PK and wait till it breaks.

What I mean, if we keep getting new armors, which require more time to make/buy. We end up using them, cause everyone does. And when I wear full dragon set, and my opponent does too... why not use full iron, or even leathers both. Would make PK a lot less risky. I understand that doesn't work, simply because the armor is available.

Because that's the way it is, I will try to obtain special armors/weapons, and maybe even buy nexus with hydro bars, but I wish you could do fine without.

This is my opinion, and I still love this game, otherwise I wouldn't even care posting.

Guest Trojan_Knight

But mostly relating to the players cause of why pk may seem slower then usual. I think its 80% players, 20% game stuff related.

TK, i like u, u helped me many times, i often talk with u ingame, but my opinion is way different from urs in that case.

If u think that player base is 80% responsible for no pking than tell me why in PK contest/tournament u make there r 1251 rules about not using certain ingame items, and why r there divisions/groups of players based on real strenght of players, not only their a/d?

In real pk ur enemy often will use every single item he can get, and he will attack u especially when u r weaker from him, he wont ask u for ur combat lvl lol.

He will also attack u when u train so when u r not prepared, and yes, he will even branch ur nmt from invi so u loose 400k gc item, since he is sure u got rosto so its more convinient for him to simply branch ur stuff.

If u diss he will use summon stone to catch ur diss, or his friend/guildmate will do that(and that person doesnt have to be strong even).

Community has nothing to do with it, when cooldown got implemented pk maps became empty in 2 days, community was exactly the same before and after cooldown update and still.... less action.

mp

Yeah we are good buddies and we do chat a lot :icon13: I don't mean to be a smart ass. But as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes, everyone always has one. (if ya don't, go see ya dr asap, ya may be in process of poisoning yourself to the point you will die.) My contest for example is set up in a way to make things fair. That is mostly reason for restrictions on things per division. The contest is set up this way, so that there would be a equal fair chance for most that enter. :D For example if we were of the same CL. I had a thermal, yet all you had was a iron sword, but you could barrow a steel long from a friend. Still that wouldn't be a equal chance now would it? Given that everything relating to our identical CL in forumula was identical. Thats the main concept of my contest, making things fair. And its not about who pr0 pkR. Rather its just a great way, to explore options in the area of pk generally speaking.

As for pk itself, I will agree with you in terms of cool down. But I must disagree with you in the area of people choosing not to pk. Its not that we like or dislike cool down, its not that we like or dislike this or that. Its moreless, imo I feel we have more players that are about wanting friends and being nice for example. Versus the older times when people didn't really care about that. Yeah back then they loved having buddies and etc just like now. But it was a different attitude for the most part, different people, different a lot of things. Still though it comes down to one thing. That being if you, them, him , her, or I choose to pk or not. Some still play, but they have reasons for why they do not pk. Yet its they're choice on why they don't.

Maybe your right, maybe cool down or something else caused some to decide to stop pking. Or maybe they did so much of it at one time, they are bored of it now. Maybe theres many excuses. Yet, its still ones choice. Ones choice to make as many friends as they can and then wonder why no one to pk. Ones choice to just give up on pk, many choices for any person to be honest.

I don't think pk is to complicated. I think with the additions of new st00f comes new possiblities in pk. Although I am a hypercrit when it comes to summoning stones. I don't beleive one should have the opportunity to click on them while in battle, as the same w/ real summoning. So over all, maybe just a couple of things need to minorly be tweaked. But I also think that if the game in that sense is slightly tweaked. Then maybe some players should consider doing the same thing. Like I know a few people (not going to name any names) but they just take st00f way to seriously. So maybe a adjustment on some of our parts as well would be a avg - good idea. Just my two cents. Not meant to offend anyone.

~TK

Summoning was cool so i trained thinking to be able to summon clops/fluffy in pk would be awesome, so I trained summoning untill stones came out. Now why waste time and effort summoning when you can buy summoning stones?( I have 3 pp's wasted for summoning.) Why spend so much time training monsters when you can buy tit armor and a bod and go pk.

[...]

I'm not complaining i love EL :icon13: one of these days I'll reset and make some gc, but for now i have fun helping others and competing with friends for a/d lvl's btw Levinmage i'm closing in on att 107 better go train some beaver!

I wouldn't reset yet just for the summoning. Soon (a month or less) there will be some nice uses for high summoning skills.

Summoning was cool so i trained thinking to be able to summon clops/fluffy in pk would be awesome, so I trained summoning untill stones came out. Now why waste time and effort summoning when you can buy summoning stones?( I have 3 pp's wasted for summoning.) Why spend so much time training monsters when you can buy tit armor and a bod and go pk.

[...]

I'm not complaining i love EL :icon13: one of these days I'll reset and make some gc, but for now i have fun helping others and competing with friends for a/d lvl's btw Levinmage i'm closing in on att 107 better go train some beaver!

I wouldn't reset yet just for the summoning. Soon (a month or less) there will be some nice uses for high summoning skills.

interesting news that is!! :°]

Pk was so much more fun when i was fighting (and loosing) to scarr, pook and others in kf when all, more or less, wore leathers. and burning through 100 sr's & 200 he's (b4 cooldown) I didn't mind loosing stuff i could fairly easily make.

ROFL! pookies didn't play at that time OO' it was still Belali aka Harakani who owned that character :icon13:

Edited by Kakuzu

PK is not dead. There are many like myself that have dreams of one day being able to pk successfully. All I need is hydro nexus, a few Million GC's worth of nexus removal stones, 6 months on a fluffy spawn, 6 months on a yeti spawn. a few million GCs worth of EMPs Summon Stones, capes, Thermal weps, Special armor, and I will be ready. :icon13: Pk is not dead, only most people who would like to PK are tired of lossing rostogols, having Special armors/wepons branched. So they are in Mass trainning mode, trying to get enough GC's and PP's to be successfull. As soon as I have 150AD, Hydro Nexus, 110+ Cooridination and Millions of GC's worth of gear equiped. I will have fun in PK. I no longer have fun, getting into a fight, dieing in a few hits and ending up in the underworld. Pk is not dead...Just 3/4 of the EL population are not ready for succesfull pk yet (me included)

He is 100% right most of el cant kill a fluffy, and no one wants to go up against top 20 PKers

Brod is an excuse.There is a red cape in the game.

Also stats are an excuse too.When i was 70's i killed 80's with a crappy p/c.Same when i was 90's.

Everybody is talking about old pk. Well i prefer the way that things are now.

When i enter a pk map i dont expect to win items although i got capes,serps etc.I WANT TO HAVE FUN.

Most players that are in top 50 never knew hot it is to fight someone with 140 a/d or even 100 a/d cause the strongest player in the past was 80's.(Someothers bought chars.)

When u are in the 80's and u pk VS an 100's char u ll see your capes getting destroyed easily and your items getting degraded with one hit. Thats the reason that low level chars do not pk.ITS EXPENSIVE FOR THEM.

Alliances are a reason that people do not pk. But the most important reason is that people care about leveling.

Espesially now that top players are reseted

If there was a special week every month where none would get a/d exp u would see pk arenas full!.

Guest Trojan_Knight

He is 100% right most of el cant kill a fluffy, and no one wants to go up against top 20 PKers

Ya sure? lol..

But ya got great point, I would agree that most choose not to. :icon13:

~TK

There is nobody playing which makes people really pissed at him/her, maybe this new TooMass can do the job.

Yes, he does a great job. He makes pokemon look more interesting then EL. What a guy.

-Blee

If there was a special week every month where none would get a/d exp u would see pk arenas full!.

It will happen in some years :icon13: when people have OA's to do in the 100 million range hopefully they will stop to level :D I still wonder why people below top 50 still bothers to train in the foul hope of killing someone in top 20 which in normal conditions it will never happen.

imo pk isnt dead and never was, i find those that moan its dead are those that fail to move with the times. I have lost count of the times i have heared the "pk is dead because of the rostogol" crap, same with summon stones and brod ect. El changes and it always will, imo pk is more fun than its ever been, its not all about drops its fun to pk someone even with rostogol, if they use summon stones and brod ect do the same back. If people stopped moaning about these things and just got on with it im sure they would have more fun than they ever did and pk would be even better.

As for pk being expensive i think thats how it should be because most pkers are pr0 right? real pr0's have no problem getting gc and the expensive items make it more fun, and besides it deosnt have to be as expensive if you dont want it to be, there is nothing making you use summon stones, there is nothing stopping you from using augmented armor ect. What im saying is there is much cheaper options out there if you chose to use them.

to those that moan everytime a new item is introduced think of it like this, how would pk feel if Entropy rolled pk back 2 years or more ? no rosto, no nice armours, no nice weps, no nice spells, no nice summons, i wasnt around back then but im sure i would soon be bored to death of fightin with the basics like steel chain and leathers. It makes me wonder sometimes why the developers even bother to improve this game.

EDIT: i also believe pk could vastly improve if some of the higher level players showed abit more honor to lower level players, for example branching noobs who cant afford to lose items as easily ect only puts them off pk hence not as many in pk. Show some honor and pk will improve

Edited by LOOTER

i had 2 cents more to put in...

i was away from EL for a while (5 or 6 months besides the occasional log-in to see what was up with the GWARriors) because i realised that EL is one of the VERY few, if not the only, MMO that allows people to focus on something other than fighting (or on rare occasions questing), and since all i wanted to do was pk and such i figured there would be a better game for me out there... i did some very extensive searches and downloaded probably over 20 major MMOs and a few that noone is likely to have heard of. most of the major ones had very active PK scenarios and likeness/difference to EL... heres some observations and comparisons ive made:

-EL seems to be the most-played MMO that has losing stuff as a death penalty, with the exception of runescape but that is the worst game ever developed so i wont go there... i understand that the reason for this in EL is too give people a reason to need new armor thus supporting the manufacturers/alchers/etc (or giving all-arounders and self-supporters a reason to create items)

-EL seems to be the only MMO where item breaking is something you actually have to worry about, usually you just visit a blacksmith NPC every once in a while and ask him to repair your armor for a small amount of gold ... high breakage i suppose is for the same reason as above

-most MMOs that have exceptional PK have a reason to it that follows the plot of the game in some way, for example in Silkroad Online there is a very well-thought-out 3-way conflict system which consists of merchants trying to transport goods through dangerous areas to make money, heros protecting them, and theives trying to steal from the merchants, alot of successful MMOs also have faction systems to encourage teamwork and give players a reason to fight each other.

-one MMO i played that was very similiar to EL in the fighting aspects was call Ares: god of war or something like that, i cant remember exactly atm... it had a level cap at 160 that noone had reached yet and a very wide span of levels that were active in pk, as well as a similiar arena system and even the style in which players went about killing each other ( a crowd of players near the entrance to the pk map/area )

...the main notable differences were that Ares had a warring nations aspect to it, on character creaton you chose your nation and then you would fight people from the other nation. another obvious difference was of course that your very expensive armor and weapons were not lost when you died or damaged when you used them alot. the warring nations theme seemed to work VERY well with the fighting style of Ares (which as i said is extremely similiar to EL)

-the warring nations theme was also very succesful in Knight online, Rappelz (sort of), and rist your life 2: imcomplete union (despite that the game in general sucked). A less involved version of this would be a faction system, this could be implemented without changing the general gameplay of EL.

seeing this in other MMOs made me think that the reason players are unhappy with pk in EL is for two main reasons...

1) it would be great fun if it werent so damn expensive (think of no drop day?), i think that one honest downside of EL is that the fun of the game is too often sacrificed for the balance of the economy, but that is something that may be unavoidable in a game with 10 different skills to focus on and balance.

2) players dont have a REASON to fight each other, unless you get in some argument with another guild via IG and tell them to put their money where their mouth is.. but then PK is no fun because your doing it out of anger. Even if the reason is something as silly as Tom choosing the Red team and Jerry choosing the blue team, it seems to work in other games... although i think that the first reason has more of an effect than this.

rostogul stones, whether they ruined PK or not, have definatly had a huge effect on the game as a whole, i have to question if the system needs tweaked:

-rostogal stones keep you from losing stuff, thus taking business away from the creators

-rostogal stones keep you from losing stuff, thus allowing players to buy more expensive stuff, bringing business to the creators (:P)

-now that COL is craftable, everyone who can call themselves a pker has one and since everyone that pks has one you can't effectively fight without one anymore, this is a new need which gives cause for even light-core pkers to need rostos, taking even more business from the creators.

-rostogul stones bring ALOT of money to the EL shop and help support development, now that their price has gone up players often buy them for $5 each and either use them for themselves or sell them for in game cash... those that sell them for in game cash are helping the economy by bringing more money into the game. (correct me if i'm wrong on this part)

and i have to wonder if the last point ^^ is the reason they have not been changed, its understandable.

so ive said the facts, opinions, and problems... the question now is what to do about it? heres my proposal: (and its very simple, really)

just make a change to rostos so that when someone carrying a rosto dies, they drop the rosto into a bag and drop nothing else, whoever killed them gets the rosto. this is the effect that would have on the game:

-rostos would not cost as much because once they were brought into the game (via harvest or USD) they would be there until some idiot left them in a bag for 12 minutes .. this is not nessicarily a positive or negative aspect of making the change.

-YES, stronger people would horde the rostos, but is that a bad thing? NO, its not... this is (IMHO) the beauty of the idea... lets say for example luciferX has 80% of all the rostos in the game. All of a sudden, the problem i mentioned above about players not having a reason to fight, is SOLVED! 10 slightly weaker players now have a reason to go out and find that damn luci and get some rostos from him. this is definatly a positive aspect of making the change.

-it would also add more of a reward to pking (yet another reason to PK in the first place), since virtually everyone pks with a COL these days (meaning they have rostos), it is rare that you get a reward for winning a fight... in most MMOs that i mentioned above there is no reward, but at the same time there is no loss.. let alone one as drastic and expensive as the losses of pk in EL.

-ok, so what if someone hordes up 50 rostos and then stops pking? well, then fine, the rostos are good as gone.. people are forced to go without them (bringing more business to the creaters) until more rostos are brought into the game. this is also a positive aspect of the change.

-less USD would be going through the EL store, meaning less money to the people we are all ever so grateful for. this is a negative change but i cant say how negative because i dont really know how much of the USD spent in the EL store is on rostos... i'm guessing its a large %.

so making this change would 1) help the economy, 2) make pk more affordable, 3) give players a solid reason to pk, and 4) shut me up.

thanks to anyone who actually had the patience to read this, i hope ent does :pinch: because i think i make a good point.