Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OMG, the PK is dead!

2)Semi-rosto(worth 1-2k gc?)= u loose items from ur inventory but u dont loose ur equiped items, it will make sure pkers get some drops(potions, essences, maybe some weak armors), and it will also make pk safer and cheaper.

I was gonna suggest making rostos alot more common (drops/harvesting events), thus cheaper... but this idea is way better.

I agree...maybe have "rostogol chips" that can be monster drops and/or found when harvesting. As "chips" they protect your equipped items but nothing else (as in, you lose everything in your inv). They could also be combined (10 chips + enriched magic essence) to form a full rosto. Of course, this probably belongs in the suggestions thread, but I do think it would enliven pk a bit :devlish:

Would inliven of course. But still everyone who uses more than 1 weapon, and there are a lot now, will use a rosto anyways. Maybe remove rostogol stone, and introduce that chip?

I would love to know, at what rate rostogol stones come from shop, and how many come from harvest events. Maybe I have a totally wrong image about this...

Would inliven of course. But still everyone who uses more than 1 weapon, and there are a lot now, will use a rosto anyways. Maybe remove rostogol stone, and introduce that chip?

I would love to know, at what rate rostogol stones come from shop, and how many come from harvest events. Maybe I have a totally wrong image about this...

Well, while you don't have people to fight, there is no need to 'invent' anything else. PK was fun WITH rostogols, so rostogols are not a problem. Edited by Lorck

Well, while you don't have people to fight, there is no need to 'invent' anything else. PK was fun WITH rostogols, so rostogols are not a problem.

True... but that were good times, cause strong guilds were enemies with more bit less strong guys etc. So people would go pk, just for fact of killing players. At the moment, that is not the situation anymore. Myself rather keep training than go to try and help some guildy, since they problably just ran, and if I manage to kill, I gain 'ingame-pride'?!

I think there should be some reward in PKing.

Well, yes, i fully agree that there should be rewards or at least a decrease in the cost in pking. But entropy already stated in other threads that it isn't going to happen.

Anyways, rostogols aren't a big problem into pk, Remember that when ^v^ were the strong guys (more than an year ago), rostos costed 20k. Same for when die! where the strong guys. Rostos at 20k and people fought, today you can get rostos for 13k and people dont go into pk, so its not related to costs.

Why? Because the strong guys actually fought other people, not made a club where nobody fights anyone (just some random n00bs who go get merc naked into kf).

See? People with 60+ don't fight each other not because pk mechanisms has a big problem, they don't fight eachother because they choose to not fight each other.

Edited by Lorck

Well, while you don't have people to fight, there is no need to 'invent' anything else. PK was fun WITH rostogols, so rostogols are not a problem.

True... but that were good times, cause strong guilds were enemies with more bit less strong guys etc. So people would go pk, just for fact of killing players. At the moment, that is not the situation anymore. Myself rather keep training than go to try and help some guildy, since they problably just ran, and if I manage to kill, I gain 'ingame-pride'?!

I think there should be some reward in PKing.

maybe make when u kill someone ( ants not included ) u get some "pk points" and with the pk points, u can buy some items... would attract more people so they could get some items :devlish: ... just my idea :)

Well, yes, i fully agree that there should be rewards or at least a decrease in the cost in pking. But entropy already stated in other threads that it isn't going to happen.

Anyways, rostogols aren't a big problem into pk, Remember that when ^v^ were the strong guys (more than an year ago), rostos costed 20k. Same for when die! where the strong guys. Rostos at 20k and people fought, today you can get rostos for 13k and people dont go into pk, so its not related to costs.

Why? Because the strong guys actually fought other people, not made a club where nobody fights anyone (just some random n00bs who go get merc naked into kf).

See? People with 60+ don't fight each other not because pk mechanisms has a big problem, they don't fight eachother because they choose to not fight each other.

i think that the big problem in pking is that most ppl train all day instead to go pk... i remember like 2 years ago, when scarr was #3 , it took him like 1 month to go from 103 def to 104 coz him and all others were only pkin ... kf was full of ppl ( like always 10 ppl ++ )

i think that the big problem in pking is that most ppl train all day instead to go pk... i remember like 2 years ago, when scarr was #3 , it took him like 1 month to go from 103 def to 104 coz him and all others were only pkin ... kf was full of ppl ( like always 10 ppl ++ )

Well, imagine if back then Scarr was friendly or ally with everybody. He would just run into kf, see nobody suitable to attack and would have nothing to do. So either he would hit control+x or go to train. Most people nowadays face this hypothetical problem, and that is my point. :devlish:

Well, imagine if back then Scarr was friendly or ally with everybody. He would just run into kf, see nobody suitable to attack and would have nothing to do. So either he would hit control+x or go to train. Most people nowadays face this hypothetical problem, and that is my point. :devlish:

ok ok... ye true, most of strong guilds are allied ^^

Scarr didnt made alliances/friends coz:

1) Most profit if many ppl to kill,( almost) no1 was using rostos, pk spawns were full of trainers, also pk maps were full of pvpers( coz training on pk was safe and cheap).

2) Most fun if many ppl to attack( also opposite to today for him coz he is very weak+ many ppl could branch him and he cannot make even 1gc killing ppl with rostos)

BTW, Lorck, if pk was/is so much fun as u speak why DonPedro did #kill_me, MatesS and sMooMs sold themselfs, TooMass gave away his account(?), u stopped playing, WeXy and Nienora went to play WoW, Scarr logs in only to check how his name looks with Scarr/sCarr/scarR/scaRr, many other pure PKerS from old days doesnt play/only train/doesnt pk???

Atm fighting stronger/ similar strong player is discouraged, u can make profit if u kill newbs in dp arena or if u lure some1 into pk map/kill him on training/pvp( and ur very lucky so that person forgets a rosto).

mp

So why is this thread here for the 33rd time?

Same suggestions everytime :/

I know I'm not a PKer but we've seen a lot of times that this sort of chat doesn't help anything. Instead of reading/posting here, go PK :devlish:

Edited by Cyprom

Guest Trojan_Knight

Here's an idea for breathing some life into PK for all those fighters out there - organize a tournament! Every participant should pay for an entry, either in GC or in items. Every round you manage to stay in tournament, you get some GC, and the winner gets the largest prize (maybe even add prizes for 2nd and 3rd place). Of course, the problem is that you will have to impose some limitation, as well as actually see each other's stats in order to determine who will fight with whom (or make it all random, it might be even more interesting that way). You could even charge GC for people who'd like to watch (I'd be happy to pay some GC to see some of the fights, and I even might want to participate, although I'd drop-out pretty quickly). Of course, the main problem in this whole thing is the fact that most of PKers will attempt to cheat, so you might want to have referees. Best solution would be, of course, if we could "make" Entropy add some kind of dueling support to the fighting (where 2 players cannot be interrupted by others).

Hmmm, almost sounds like the Season Event I have going on in the Events area of this forums. :)

The "pk is dead" moto was used mainly by some pkers who made alliance with almost everyone then got amazed when they realized that they had nobody to fight. Of course, they blame pk or the game for that. :devlish: Nothing to see here, move along. :P

I think this hits the nail directly on the head. I think pk may seem slower in current times vs in the past long ago. I think this is mainly due to more pk maps, more areas that ya have to explore. I think that with the new (well not really new any longer) additions of pk in C2. Is it possible, that all these fighters are walking in one really big circle. Just missing each other by a matter of a minute or two? Cuz lets face it, we go to a pk area, sit there for a minute or two. Then we leave and onto the next place to look for enemies to slaughter. But when we get there, same thing.

Also as Lorck as stated I think is a bigger reason to why pk may seem slower. I know a lot of guilds, communities, etc, have imo way to many friendlies and allies. With all these friendlies and allies, who ya going to fight? I mean seriously. I can understand having idk 4-5 allies, maybe same amount of friendlies, both catagories though imo should be a mix of non pk guilds and pk guilds. If ya allied, or friendly with all the pk guilds for example. Then theres really no one left to fight. I have tried to explain this to people in the past. Sometimes ya may have to contact someone, to help protect the majority of your people. Which is cool, I can understand that. But sometimes, you have to face the music, whether its for fun, or because of some other reason. Just because someone is bigger then you are, doesn't mean you can't fight them. If ya know how to dis and tele, then fighting anyone shouldn't be a major problem.

I'm trying not to write book here, but idk, ya guys / gals probally know better then that lol. I also think pk has changed as mentioned by some here in this thread. The old way of pk, high a/d high p/c full leather, or full iron plate w/ serp or thermal. Is no longer that way. Summoning stones, rings, weapons, enchanted armor's, many thing give reason for change. So it could be that people are just training, and learning the proper use or placements of what works. Although I think its a possiblity, it itself may not be the main reason. I'm just saying there could be many reasons for why pk "seems" slow. But in my expeirences, its not dead, and it may be slightly slower. Sometimes ya just have to bypass the flaring on game. Use some guts, challenge someone, not because ya dislike them as a person. But because ya wish to pk.

~TK

PK isnt dead, its just expensive and boring :devlish:

like lorck said, back in january was amazing... I happened to be in DIE! at that time, we had a really great rostor of active players... at one point wexy said (and i quote) "fu** it, lets have some fun" and set all major guilds to red for no reason, then we camp in kf near votd entrance and just attack who we feel like and before you know it theres 30 people in the same pk spot all joking and getting along whilst killing each other

...idk if that will ever happen in EL again but i think Ent should try to recreate this attitude somehow, like implement a faction system (i know its been done before in GW/ROSE online/etc but hey, it works!) and let individuals chose their side in the faction war, then in faction war maps even if your in the same guild you can fight someone if they aren't in your faction... then i imagine some people IGing all major guilds and sayin 'hey faction war in so-so map!!' ... everyone goes out and u got east vs west or good vs bad or gnomes vs everyone else or whatever and has a good time competing with friends =)

more lame suggestions that have been made b4, right? i also liked the bit about rosto chips. :)

Scarr didnt made alliances/friends coz:

1) Most profit if many ppl to kill,( almost) no1 was using rostos, pk spawns were full of trainers, also pk maps were full of pvpers( coz training on pk was safe and cheap).

2) Most fun if many ppl to attack( also opposite to today for him coz he is very weak+ many ppl could branch him and he cannot make even 1gc killing ppl with rostos)

Well, he made alliance with all at a time, then broke it all, AFTER the rostos in game, so he could have fun. Interesting that at that time you called him traitor etc, but when people left YOUR side to go to the enemy they are traitors. When they to the opposite they are heros. :devlish:

BTW, Lorck, if pk was/is so much fun as u speak why DonPedro did #kill_me,
Because he disagreed with Entropy and was basically alone since smooms sold.
MatesS and sMooMs sold themselfs,
Matess sold because he did not anyone to fight, ie, all strong people was his friends. (which proves my point). Smooms sold because he simply could not make any exp.
TooMass gave away his account(?)
He got a life, changed country, got rl girlfriend, rumors say he still plays rarely on his char and is on rarely (horror @ betraying PL :ohmy:)
u stopped playing
Real life, etc;
WeXy and Nienora went to play WoW
No idea @ wexy, never talked with him much anyways.Nienora was disappointed after reset and the fact most people left her alone, and even when she was fighting random people her allies just watched (because they were also allied with the ones she was fighting, so she was basically alone).
Scarr logs in only to check how his name looks with Scarr/sCarr/scarR/scaRr, many other pure PKerS from old days doesnt play/only train/doesnt pk???
He likes FPS's more. Also, his guild IS allied with everyone again (well, he once claimed he was ashamed of that and was his guildies who did that) nowadays, so why he would pk? PK what?
Atm fighting stronger/ similar strong player is discouraged, u can make profit if u kill newbs in dp arena or if u lure some1 into pk map/kill him on training/pvp( and ur very lucky so that person forgets a rosto).

mp

Well, and it was 'discouraged' long time ago, and there was still fights. The only times the high level pk was dead was when all the top 20 was allied between themselves, ie, at the time CA$H and PL ruled, and nowadays, when there is like 10+ guilds allied/friendly with each other.

The old bullshit "We don't fight people not because we don't have people to fight since all are friends, but because there is something external." its just that. Old bullshit.

I know I'm not a PKer but we've seen a lot of times that this sort of chat doesn't help anything. Instead of reading/posting here, go PK :devlish:

This thread is here for the 33rd time because pk is the nicest part of el.Why do u think people are training?To become stronger in pk.Why do u think everybody and his dog is reseting after the non drop days?Because they felt weak that day. And the nicest day is the "non drops day".

I really liked the rosto chip idea.

Seriously one of the big gifts of PKing is the loot you get from it. If you don't get a loot from it then there's no point in PKing people. Many people nowadays have a rostogol stone with them which destroys the chance of getting any sort of gift from the person you have PKed... I mean you go use tons of healing and such, risk the breakage of your own items and then when you finally succeed in killing him/her you don't get any sort of gift because of his/her rosto. When you see a person in PK with a full titanium armor you directly think that (s)he probably has a rostogol stone and you don't even bother fighting him/her... IMO creating some sort of a gift from PKing(even if they have a rostogol stone) would encouge people to PK a lot more then they now do.

I know I'm not a PKer but we've seen a lot of times that this sort of chat doesn't help anything. Instead of reading/posting here, go PK :o

This thread is here for the 33rd time because pk is the nicest part of el.Why do u think people are training?To become stronger in pk.Why do u think everybody and his dog is reseting after the non drop days?Because they felt weak that day. And the nicest day is the "non drops day".

Says you...

Just a notice from a player who rarely PKs: Year ago i never entered KF and saw NONE there. Nowadays I enter KF quite frequently and I rarely see players there... Most players I saw in KF were hunting Ants... The only fight I had in KF was few months ago, when i fought BleedingSoul (and lost :o ...

The "omfg, rostos killed it" is simply not true. From what I heard, in WoW you don't lose items when you die, and people still PK there.

Someone suggested making a PK counter, where you get a point each time when you PK someone.

Now, this is a nice idea, and I thought about it many times. But the problem is preventing abuse.

For example, someone can make an alt (or have a friend do it), and kill that alt 1 million times, then he will be the '1337st PKer'.

One way to prevent some of the abuse would be to only get a point if your levels, and the opponent's levels are over, say, 70 a/d. This way, you can't just make an alt, it would take forever to level it that much.

But this still can be abused, for example you take a friend that is not interested in PKing (maybe a manuer) but has high A/D levels, and kill him many times to boost your PK points.

So what do you think about that?

in WoW you don't lose items when you die, and people still PK there.

Absolutely true, so everyone should stop complaining. This is why diss rings were added to the game. Plus, Rosto's are cheaper than replacing 200k+ armor everytime you die.

One way to prevent some of the abuse would be to only get a point if your levels, and the opponent's levels are over, say, 70 a/d.

Or you get a point for killing someone at your level or above(starting at say...level 60), to avoid ebul Pr0 Pk3rz getting PK points for lynching newbies or harvesters....

The "omfg, rostos killed it" is simply not true. From what I heard, in WoW you don't lose items when you die, and people still PK there.

Someone suggested making a PK counter, where you get a point each time when you PK someone.

Now, this is a nice idea, and I thought about it many times. But the problem is preventing abuse.

For example, someone can make an alt (or have a friend do it), and kill that alt 1 million times, then he will be the '1337st PKer'.

One way to prevent some of the abuse would be to only get a point if your levels, and the opponent's levels are over, say, 70 a/d. This way, you can't just make an alt, it would take forever to level it that much.

But this still can be abused, for example you take a friend that is not interested in PKing (maybe a manuer) but has high A/D levels, and kill him many times to boost your PK points.

i dont think rost killed it maybe the bods and branches did, could a rank system work like you become captain sargent lieutenant ect and it shows along with your name ,you get points for killing enemy so you climb ranks so to say. well just a thought :o

Edited by desdamona

i really like the idea about only getting points for killing people higher a/d than you but that really sucks for top 20 ranked people

i really think pk would increase if the flaws in the total war idea were fixed (people not guild-hopping to pk weaker people) somehow making a requirement that you are in the guild for atleast a month/week/x number of days to prevent this

It seems to me the only way to prevent abuse of such a system would be to implement exp loss at death. Otherwise, me and my similarly skilled friend could simply take turns pk'ing each other for points.

About rostos: I don't think rostos have harmed pk at all. I suggested the chips (or rather borrowed MP's idea) as a way of enticing more people to try pk...there is some risk, some reward...but you can also have some security for what you equip.

imo we need change in magic items, e.g.

in mana burning/draining they make pk very random, i suggest reduction amount and change for such items

let we say make cutlass and staff burn 30 mana instead of 50, orc 50 instead of all and so on

It seems to me the only way to prevent abuse of such a system would be to implement exp loss at death. Otherwise, me and my similarly skilled friend could simply take turns pk'ing each other for points.

That will not happen, because the total amount of PK points in the game will always be 0.

So if you PK someone, you gain a point, the other person loses it.

It might be better to scale the points based on the other's points and relative difficulty (attack, defense, might, reaction, etc.), so higher risk means a higher reward, but the loss is the inverse - higher risk means a lower loss.

Edited by crusadingknight