Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majestyk

When I started to play EL ...

i also remember ent saying on the forums that he would not ever add new equip slots because it added strategy having 4 but then a few weeks later we had more slots lol:P that was a nice change tho we need them now.

lol, that's a classic one too - "640K [RAM] ought to be enough for anybody.". :)

Good that it's also the ability to change one's attitude what constitutes great minds.

This is an interesting part of the story, maybe entropy himself can talk about a couple of things which were intended (or implemented) very differently from how they work now?

As I started EL u couldn't trade from storage u habe to make baggs was easy to get scammed -.-

and FOOD HAD NO COOLDOWN :)

When i stareted to play EL there was many people on PK :) Cooldown didn't exist, SR's gave vials, faces was ugly(before change of textures :)) Everywhere was serps :D In votd flowers was about 3 meters from flower shop :D Ah and i started almost exactly 2 years ago :) Anyway with that "dead" PK, cooldown, no vials from sr's etc. EL is much much much (x100) better now :) Ah an guild SMOK was still there ;p

Edited by brein

When i stareted to play EL there was many people on PK :) Cooldown didn't exist, SR's gave vials, faces was ugly(before change of textures :P) Everywhere was serps :P In votd flowers was about 3 meters from flower shop :D Ah and i started almost exactly 2 years ago :) Anyway with that "dead" PK, cooldown, no vials from sr's etc. EL is much much much (x100) better now :) Ah an guild SMOK was still there ;p

I think pkers dont agree with that

When I started playing:

1) All attributes cost beaver furs to level up. (i.e. pickpoints system wasn't invented yet). Made my first 1000 gc just by hunting five beavers. Frukas at Grahms Village upgraded your Vitality by 1 for every 1000 beaver furs, if I remember correctly...

2) The quests of Faris and Garis, Granny and Bakart were still around.

3) Summoning was this really cool new skill that everyone wanted to try.

4) Raven was hostess on Newbie Island instead of storage at Tirnwood Vale.

5) There was a "combat" skill in addition to attack and defence skills.

6) And the white cloak was the Monster Magnetism cloak, which could only be worn by people above level 30.

-Lyn-

Edited by Lyanna

I remember . . .

- 30 people online at once was rare . . . 20 or fewer was normal

- no tab-maps

- a starting character had 20 emu carrying capacity

- the first 20 or so rabbits I met killed me instantly (and sent me to the underworld iirc) - starting players had a/d=0/0 and all 0 attributes

- I played for about a week without hardware accelerated video drivers getting 1-3 fps . . . many of the textures didn't work correctly including plants and doors - I could not tell what I was clicking on a lot of the time and most of a door was unclickable so I got stuck in the IP tavern a lot.

- the first 20 or so rabbits I met killed me instantly (and sent me to the underworld iirc) - starting players had a/d=0/0 and all 0 attributes

The pain... I still cringe sometimes when I see a rabbit.

When I started playing:

1) All attributes cost beaver furs to level up. (i.e. pickpoints system wasn't invented yet). Made my first 1000 gc just by hunting five beavers. Frukas at Grahms Village upgraded your Vitality by 1 for every 1000 beaver furs, if I remember correctly...

lmao, I love that! :)

When i stareted to play EL there was many people on PK :o Cooldown didn't exist, SR's gave vials, faces was ugly(before change of textures :P) Everywhere was serps :P In votd flowers was about 3 meters from flower shop :D Ah and i started almost exactly 2 years ago :) Anyway with that "dead" PK, cooldown, no vials from sr's etc. EL is much much much (x100) better now :) Ah an guild SMOK was still there ;p

I think pkers dont agree with that

If PK is dead then PKers don't exist :P But Plz don't do offtop lol

Edited by brein

-no cooldown

-tit axe was best non magic wep

-iron plate best armor

-no c2

-half of the creatures that are now

-KF always full

No books required

1-click, 1 item harvested.

No fails, but minimum/required level needed to mix something.

Newbie island.

Guild ~OX~, now fully extinct except for 2 people.

=Hc= was teh uber PK guild. And of course Scarr...

Normal players and mods alike, talking about masturbation on market channel. (Yes, it's true...)

Thinking I was pro because I hit level 8 harvesting on my first day. (Oh well, I actually miss that feeling I had back then..)

PK contests with level limits, so much fun. :confused:

Those are first that come to mind. :confused:

-Blee

EDIT: Oh yea, and serps costing 40k is also something.

Edited by BleedingSoul

Guild ~OX~, now fully extinct except for 2 people.

-Blee

All extinct for 1 remaining original DWARF.

The 1 click 1 harvest

The big EL crash

Everyone in cc after the crash making he for gc for making their guild again and get high enough alch lvl to make a guild. The whole el comunity was working together for it aswell.

And basically everything else people have posted.

Edited by Joshyboy

I remember time where poeple standing behind ant ans ant queen waiting to steal there bags.

I remember time where you could just sit down on storage places and listen to funny stories.

I remember time where poeple where not so addicted to EL and not so alone surounded by so many shiny and useless items like now.

I might as well have a go at this, hoping I recall correctly as it's been around four years now:

• The introduction of the harvest cap.
  • Those first two ever to be banned from the forums... (the old, old, OLD forums, with the Quote of the Day on the front page)... I unfortunately can't remember their names.
  • Nobody was a high enough level to make weapons. (I believe Pyderz was the first to reach a such a level?)
  • Playing all day without seeing a single other player. Tied into that, I remember 'Players Online' being introduced.
  • No chat channels.
  • Gameplay often consisted of days harvesting cacti to make money for equipment, as there was no economy to speak of.
  • I seem to remember that there were Orcs in Portland.
  • Being considered awesome for killing goblins.
  • A grand total of two unofficial guilds before guilds were added: Corpus Opis and the Rangers.
  • The quest to kill the brown and white rabbits, which was practically a suicide mission.
  • The insane levelling-up rabbits bug, if I recall correctly.

Edited by crusadingknight

[*]Nobody was a high enough level to make weapons. (I believe Pyderz was the first to reach a such a level?)

He was first ever to level 30, iirc. :D

[*]Nobody was a high enough level to make weapons. (I believe Pyderz was the first to reach a such a level?)

I know, he has that in his signature. I actually can't remember the level iron swords used to require, so that's why I'm not sure how meaningful that level was.

Edited by crusadingknight

I know, he has that in his signature. I actually can't remember the level iron swords used to require, so that's why I'm no sure how meaningful that level was.

Lol, I remember the big crash n stuff, Ratz0rz being top in a/d after it. :P Funny times when most people was 40s a/d in kf with steel/tit chains :D

When I started playing a "high" a/d was 60-80, and kf was the only place people really fought at. I watched players like Street_Ghost and SirKillalot and flexo fight, serp sword was the best weapon and titanium chain was also the best armour

I remember platinum coins aswell and paying 1000 plat coins = 1000000 gold

which was when I spent 1000 to get my first serp lol I wasn't even 20 a/d yet w/ a serp XD

ah good times

ya and then I remember the giant reset, the one which caused everyones stats to be wiped, we lost alot of our general players then. That was when 40 a/d was high and doublek/Ratzorz or w/e "ownd"

and then weasel_ninja and his scamming clan, everyone was always after him, gawd I miss that lol XD

Edited by death_merchant