Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
majestyk

When I started to play EL ...

Hi,

the intention of this thread is to list one or more things that come to your mind which changed since you started to play EL; things that you couldn't imagine living without, or things that changed the gameplay considerably (e.g. ability to eat toadstools, introduction of CoL, ..). We don't aim for a comprehensive list, just add things that will cause newer players to shake their head - the more drastic and revolutionary, the better :P

When I started to play EL ...

- SRs were not stackable (so one training session was limited to ~30 SRs, or mixing on spawn)

- Iron plate armor was top notch gear

- Monster Magnetism cloak was the most expensive cloak available

- Titanium ore was the highest level harvestable

That was about 1 1/2 years ago, and SO many things changed since then. I am curious what you will list, especially of things that happened before my time :)

Cheers,

maj

Oh man i remember how i got my first Iron Plate Oo i felt so pro lol. Oh and my first serpent sword.

Geez.. all this makes me so happy. when i know try thinking about living without CoL lol Oo. All these

New weapons wouldnt be possible without it :P

I remember how the graphic changed.. the Chars looked really odd at the beginning. And meh.. Food storeable now lol.. dreams come true with every update. But i didnt played much longer than you so

you have quite the same highlights as i had. And im amazed how huge the Knowledge Section got Oo when

i started i wanted to read EVERY book.. i gave up after a few updates :)

I guess the ones who still had the 1-click harvest can tell you more of amazing stuff.. or the ppl who only

had IP as a map at the very beginning :)

Ahh... lessee, what are the big changes I've seen...

inter-map teleport nexii

going from a single-channel chat to multichannel

cooldown (ahh, I remember, back in the day, mixing diss rings (which were pretty much as high as it got for crafting) with veggies (fruit? nah, not as common)... eat 2 veggies, mix a ring, eat three veggies, mix...)

Books, ooh, I remember when gen axe was 70k... and very few people had the levels to be able to make axes

gloweys were the fancy thing to have... only from EL shop, you'd pay up to 500kgc in-game for one

storage was textual, like NPC trade is now

I remember when many of the quests were added... the mad excitement when you could finally get cheap leather (and it was, for a little while, even cheaper than now)

no magic quickbar... no auto-mix... ohmigosh, the old teleportal sound effect, that was annoying... no counters... no buddy list... only a few maps ingame as opposed to now... boy, but EL has changed :P

no books

level requirements to make items

level requirements to wear cloaks

no feet/head/legs armor

no summoning

Edited by brain

two maps

EDIT:

and transparent characters, of course.

Edited by Grum

Let see if i remember:

-Isla prima was icy;

-No c2;

-Strongest monster was montain chim, its name was 'chimeran wolf';

-You could go to kf and see crazy fights;

-No cooldown;

-Highest lvl spell: mana drain;

-Best armor was iron plate, but the good fighters used leathers;

-Highest craftable item: Dis Ring;

-Tons of n00bs at votd near the lilacs; chickengeorge flaming at votd sto, donpedro almost always at veggies, they were the strongest fighters at that time;;

- -EF- was ridiculously strong guild, it had 3/5 of top 50 + lots of allarounder which could make anything, + top summoners.

Thats what i remember of the times where i was n00b (some would argue i am n00b still, but yawn :)).

Somethings I remember

- Teleport Nexus sent you to Naralik - I took MM perk that time, to not die to the goblins :)

- Before the cooldown, there was the big delays to mix (2s for he, 5s for steel bars, 8s for Tit bars)

- Serpent Stones used to worth less than 200gc

- Cyclopes were for level 60 a/d

- Teleport Nexus sent you to Naralik - I took MM perk that time, to not die to the goblins :)
Actually, it was just intermap... I remember them going to places like nordcarn as well
-Isla prima was icy;

Uhm, well, that's a surprise indeed. Good that the continents moved a bit and the climate is now more friendly on IP. :icon13:
I can beat that, I remember back when it wasn't snowy (it was snowy and had a snowman whose carrot nose you could harvest for a single version, IIRC)

Also, back in the day, there were no rostos, back then you'd get stuff when you PKed someone, and equipment and summons were cheap, so there was a lot of summoning and fighting

how about that:

there was just enough players for everybody to know everybody, MM cave silver deposit and Raven (at graham's village at that time) were the funniest, loudest places

and guess what there were no p2p races o.O (so scarr was a white hair female elf)

...Learner baning me on my first day of EL

...buying my first titanium serp from teh banned 0n3nas bot linux for 20k

...owning kf with hypatia vs all guids

...training pking without cols

...70 a/d levels on fluffy, super low exp

..magic level 50 at 70 a/d, without ever train it

Edited by scarr

When I started playing EL:

- One click harvesting

- No CAL3D

- No plate armour

- No P2P races

- No guilds (or at least guild tags.. I remember seeing *O* or *CO* tags for the first time in votd though)

- No c2

- No cooldown

- No CoL/CoM/MoL/NMT Cape/Rosto

- No Tutorial NPC

- Text-based storage

- Limit to one channel

- Strongest creature was a fluffy

- Old character creation screen

- Tit serp was the strongest weapon

- No Tarsengaard

- IP was snowy, but then it was normal before that too

All this was about v0.9.6 which is more than three years back :)

Edited by Sistema

Biggest impacting change for me, was the vial removal from potions. Especially the vial-drought was rough, since Harvy was the only option or drinking mana pots.

Things that got worse a lot: bagworking spots in secret places on c2. They pretty much all got nerfed, partly cause of more 'friendly' visitors. Made a lot of gold rings from scratch in PV, simply cause no one else was there to 'check your bag' :D

- In IP, I remember a misclick on Wanderingfool

- 7-8 seconds to produce 1 magic ess

- There was a player always with 5 HP. sunny_moon? :D

- I remember Ladyreni's first day too :)

i rerly regret not alcing and manuing and stuf b4 cool down x/ i remember my first full iron serp and mirror xP lol i dont actualy no when i started playing el O.o il have to go and check with a friend

EDIT: i want my mustash back x(

Edited by thelethalmoo

lol...another trip through memory lane

-Newbie Island

-One map = IP

-See through characters...just the general appearance of us

-when 007 was the afk king :)

-When the quarter staff was known as the poor mans serp...or was that the wooden battle hammer? lol

-When #beaver was really popular

-when there were enough players that everyone knew each other and we were like one big crazy family :D

Edited by kat

i remember when the food level was first implemented alot of people complained but now its not really a big problem. that was during a simpler time when all people did was harvest cactus to make money and when at level 30 of like any skill you get to wear a pretty cape with some special ability. ohhh and remember when tirnwood was called treetown? so much has changed in this game i think it is all for the best but its good to remember the old times. i also remember ent saying on the forums that he would not ever add new equip slots because it added strategy having 4 but then a few weeks later we had more slots lol:P that was a nice change tho we need them now. there was alot of nice players back in the day too i really miss them :'(

I started around the time you did Maj, but here are a couple.

Titanium axes used to require Artificial 7 nexus to make.

When special days were added, oh, and when the first increased rare manu day was done and we had a rollback cause everyone was popping out tons of EFE's and modable swords, etc.

Major change was cooldown.. And big server crash :D

i remember when woodeh n beefeh where 20 a/d and where in honeybee guild DOA HAHAHAAHAHAHA-_- lams

- see-through characters

- male orcs in the only map with a storage: PL

- no KF

- level requirements for making things/wearing capes

- beaver furs that costed 5k gc

- attributes could only be gained through quests and nobody could have more than 15/15 p/c --> 300 emu. So no Wraith or perks either.

- and like Lorck said: -EF- was really really strong, but that was only after guilds were 'invented'

- selling tit longs to trik for 300k, serps for 600k (iirc)

- and then the big crash that made me lose my ~600M gc :P

I remember when c2 was a secret. Everybody was asking what is C2 or where is C2.All those that knew the secret were feeling pr0 :P

Once a mod to help me he beamed me and i asked him to tell me what.... spell he used :omg: