180 members have voted

1. 1. Cooldown times

• Stay as is (3 seconds)
    • 10 seconds
    • 20 seconds
    • more than 20 seconds
    • Stay as is but also cost some mana
    • Other

As is the cooldown times on summoning stones is too low imo.

PK has turned into a summoning fest.

By the time you kill a summon your enemy can summon another one with stone which leads to endless fighting summons and not eachother;

Two ppl start fighting and end up only killing eachothers summons instead of fighting eachother...not much fun + it costs a lot of stones...using 15-20 in a long fight is no exception making pk needlessly more expensive.

The idea behind the summoning stones is ok (trying to manaburn or cooldown your enemy) but summons should be a side help and not the main PK dish.

Voted for mana :)

Would be good if they took a little mana(~10) and also increase cooldown to like 5 secs, IMO.

PK would be more about who can fight instead of who is richer and can pay for more stones :D

And might bring back a reason for normal summons in pk.. :w00t:

I think 10 sec is better perhapZ

I'd like the option:

Depends on type... like the bigger they are the faster (or slower)

I have better idea-lets make CD like stones most useful on PK (bear,spider,tiger) 15 or 20 sec CD,rest 10 sec

Vote no for mana lost after use stone

Edited by OldSchool

10 - 20 seconds is a must really, there needs to be some incentive to bring summoners back into the game

Mora here!!

Thinking about this a second hmm leave 3 second time as is. This alows some one less in a/d to fight bigger a/d people more easily. This is a good tactic to use in pk. Some might not like it because it alows them to pk someone quicker - ie - larger a/d fighters vs smaller, if longer cooldown times are used and lesser a/d player not being able to summon quicker. How ever I have more success in staying alive to fight 10/20 level a/ds higher then my current levels, equalizing the playing field more useing stones ;). And if you think about it, someone who uses stone and if longer cooldown time is added to the stones, you need only increase the variety of stones to keep some one fighting longer in a battle, so as to be able to start the sequence over again in the fight. Instead of lets say using tiger bear summon, now use tiger bear phantum warrior spider ect, to keep someone killing summons for the longer cooldown time to finish, alowing you to pound your advisary and re summon :). Or just use giant yeti to keep them pounding your summons as well ie bigger summons :). So i really dont think you will slowdown a rich person much who might like to use stones. To me being able to compete with most and live throught pk is just plain fun and doesnt alow in most cases only a few to rule pk, opening up the game to more players that might like to use tactics to compete :) and brings a air of danger to pk to both participants not knowing what the heck the other players might be using in the battle. Anyway its all in fun enjoy :)

Mora out !!

Edited by morabelon

Thinking about this a second hmm leave 3 second time as is. This alows some one less in a/d to fight bigger a/d people more easily.

agree with that ;)

Opposite, did you read my post? You can MD the summons, you're only donating mana to your stronger opponent, that way you'll never get him down.. Unless he refuses to use the extra mana for a new MI cast. :)

-Blee

Mora here!!

This alows some one less in a/d to fight bigger a/d people more easily.

Mora out !!

And what if those bigger a/d ppl use stones too....they pwn lesser a/d ppl more easily as well.....no?

i voted 20seconds, imo "NO COOLDOWN" Ruined PK .......a strong guy like lucifer could easily kill 2v1...BUT because of no cooldown 2 people mass summon 2 the point where he has absolutly NO chance.......

But i dunno mabye that was the point.........

The bear and tiger summon stones are WAY too powerfull, and completley defeat the purpose of a jsoc, osmn, com and other special weapons..................

Edited by mufossa

around 5-6 seconds would be ideal imo. Its fun sometimes to summon a wave and march them into a fight and that would be completely taken away with long cooldown like 20 seconds (what with summons losing health at a rapid rate now). I agree the current time is very short.

EG

I voted for the mana part... I'm not a PKer so I don't vote on my experience with the usage of the stones, but I would like to see the PKers lose something for summoning these creatures as well. Currently only summoners lose mana, in the form of pots... Less SRs or something like regular mana pots in the stones, and some mana cost for the user, would be very handy for me (as in I need a lot of SRs ;) ). Of course, the regular PKer will shout at me again, but this is my opinion :)

ill go for the 10 secs,cuz it happens to me alot in pk maps when ppl keep summoning on you till u die...not fun ;)

Thinking about this a second hmm leave 3 second time as is. This alows some one less in a/d to fight bigger a/d people more easily.

agree with that ;)

Opposite, did you read my post? You can MD the summons, you're only donating mana to your stronger opponent, that way you'll never get him down.. Unless he refuses to use the extra mana for a new MI cast. :)

I did read the rest of your post and the only monster who have mana and is summonable = yeti. Long time since i don't see an yeti summoned, there is no point here at all. And yes, summons IS the only way a weaker person can kill a stronger.
i voted 20seconds, imo "NO COOLDOWN" Ruined PK .......a strong guy like lucifer could easily kill 2v1...BUT because of no cooldown 2 people mass summon 2 the point where he has absolutly NO chance
Nah, people could still win when outnumbered. Remember you fighting with ALL the other guilds and strong fighters (using summoneds!) at your side and till getting pwned?

And luci used summons as well, and big ones like achims and giants, just in the end of fight, when he could not win anymore. :) If he used at beginning and used it well (oh and if he did not had ICD), he would win without problems.

____

Oh, and at the topic, i voted to stay at 3 secs. Why? There is not many ways to win against raw numbers.or stronger opponents as it is yet. To change the rules now to provide to the people who already have alliances with everyone else to win even more easily would be the last nail on the coffin of pk.

Lorck, no offense, but did you ever try to MD a summoned tiger/bear? They actually do have mana, and someone told that normal bears have mana now too. (Grizzly/Black only, I think)

-Blee

Guest ohmygod

They got mana now Lorck.

@ the Uber P/C people bitching about cooldown times for summons:

Keep clicking on your opponent to re-engage him after he summons a bear. If you have ICD then bad luck. -15 def because of a summon is a pain isnt it? :P

Leave the stone cooldown time as is. Low lvl fighters like to use them and it is good for economy i am sure :)

Edited by ohmygod

Voted for 20 seconds cooldown, so strategy is needed at using them, not only gc, altho it will make fights shorter coz of no additional mana source.

people keep saying keep it as it is, for reasons which in my opinion can be done through natural summoning...

This topic is about summoning stones, not natural summoning... If a lower levelled a/d wants to take on a higher levelled, then they should focus on training other skills to help and/or train a/d more, not be able to use a quick way out with buying a lot of stones and spamming them.

I am not a pker so have not voted, nor do I intend to, since its not my area.

However, I do believe that adding a cost of mana to use a summons stone is not a good idea. Normal summoning is meant to have mana costs involved, adding that cost to stones removes some of the boundary that exists between the two summoning options (I believe this has been mentioned previously in other related threads on the subject).

Dont devolve the stones. It undermines all the hard work that was put into making them work as is.