Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ghengas

Eternal Gladiators

lets see...  

37 members have voted

1. 1. should i call off the contest due to lack of interest?

• yes, it was a flop, 1v1 contests are better
    • no, my team will sign up once we have the 30k entry fee ready
    • no, give it some more time, i want to watch it
    • o'doyle rules! (dont care [about the contest])
  2. 2. should i attempt a more standard 1v1 contest with different classes for different a/d?

• yes, i would enter that contest
    • yes, but i wouldnt enter
    • no, screw your contests

alright, the .6 issue has been cleared up, the only remaining problem is with summoning so heres the final deal on the matter:

-standard summoning WILL be permitted, monsters with the strength of tigers and lower ONLY

-summoning stones will NOT be permited at all

comprende? :icon13:

And how do u plan to enforce this?? how will u know where a summon came from.

ok since me and ghengas are running the show i think there should be a VOTE on all the teams that have entered either way i think we will loose teams so what ever way we loose less teams should be the way to go...PLX ALL TEAMS THAT ARE IN EVENT just post and say yes or no to summons...,.

pookies i already did that, we got a dont care, a yes, and a no.

luci, it displays a (*) so-so summoned a one eyed purple people eater message when you summon something in the normal style, there is no (*) when you use a summon stone.

edit: sorry mufo, meant luci

Edited by Ghengas

pookies i already did that, we got a dont care, a yes, and a no.

mufo, it displays a (*) so-so summoned a one eyed purple people eater message when you summon something in the normal style, there is no (*) when you use a summon stone.

why did you adress this to me?

and btw they can just mass summon AWAY from everyone, so YOU wont know where they came from

unless u plan on making them summon in front of you ..LOOOOL

Edited by mufossa

anything they summon will have there guild tag attached to it, if there are stones used during a fight between two teams from the same guild only one of the teams summons would have any tags attached to it as 1 of the teams will have to leave the guild to fight

Edited by Ghengas

Just make any team that Summons loose there entry fee, and get disqualified?.. Much easier than all this bitching, IMO.

anything they summon will have there guild tag attached to it, if there are stones used during a fight between two teams from the same guild only one of the teams summons would have any tags attached to it as 1 of the teams will have to leave the guild to fight

just admit it you CANNoT posibbly keep track

Still thinking about whether to join this PK event fiasco or not :)

but i suggest:

No summons and only one piece of magic armour per contestant (if any) and NO new magic weapons.

Some rules which IMO, should be used..

1 - No magic armour, Crowns yes, but no Mana Drain Cuisses, Cooldown Cuisses, or such.

2 - No Summons

3 - No Magic Weapons, Jagged of Cooling, etc.. Thermals ok.

4 - No Mana Dest Rings.. Kinda ruins the fights..

5 - No Brod, or Bod..

I think that way, it will be a fun fight for everyone taking place. :)

i agree with ambro no summons at all lets have fun, lets fight like PK was a couple years ago.. lets bring back the fun... BUT what you think about SOM?????

id prefer to scratch any rules at all. rules just make it so some ppl have advantage/disadvantage. and will join or drop out based on that. ppl should be allowed to use whatever resourses they can to be triumphant. its fair way

Summons not allowed, magic armor not allowed, why just dont put toomass x luci and see who win?

In my opnion only BoD or BroD not allowed the rest is ok

Edited by exvitermini

Summons not allowed, magic armor not allowed, why just dont put toomass x luci and see who win?

I was going to post something similar to this. Its funny to say: oh, what i use to win is allowed, what Player X uses is evil and should not be used. If you want something fair then allow everything (maybe only not branch, since its purpose diverge from pk) or allow nothing and the stuff should be fought with leathers. Oh, i can use my thermal sword which gives 80 damage per hit, but you can't use your tit greaves of mirror or bear stone, sorry.

But if in the beggining people said 'this or that won't be allowed' then it get the rules changed and it is allowed, its not something really fair*. If the rules change, is better to create another tournment with the update rules.

*Only if its said upfront that the rules are subject to change and/or discussion, then all is fair. :)

calm down guys, im just trying to make it work for everyone. the rules are as last stated, including my last post about summoning. i am making no rules about rings, spells, magic armor, weapons, etc etc.... war is meant to be brutal and unpredictable - why take away what makes it fun?

mufo - it couldnt be easier to moniter summon stone usage, do you even read posts before you bash them?

hopefully you can all harness your anger from this thread and put it into your fighting during the contest ;)

i am now collecting the entry fees, once they are all paid i will schedual the even. all teams will be final on tuesday, if you plan on entering do so before then. you cannot pay the entry fee on the day of the event, if you pull out of the event after paying you will not be refunded and your fee will stay in the pot.

All rules are completely final as last stated by mestarting right now, so stop asking me to change them. =)

Edited by Ghengas

i agree with ambro no summons at all lets have fun, lets fight like PK was a couple years ago.. lets bring back the fun... BUT what you think about SOM?????

you havent even been in EL that long ;)

Som is very good defence weapon, u werent there when i easly( in like 10-20 seconds) won 1on1 vs quimbly( both of us had som, i had p40/c24 and could train on fluff/feros only, he has way more, u know how much more ;P), toomass and marwen chars were watching it so can confirm it:>

A lot depends from luck+ in most cases it shortens fights(possible example of making fights longer would be luci not wearing som against dust wearing som+com ;) ).

Just some info =]

Guest Trojan_Knight

I was going to post something similar to this. Its funny to say: oh, what i use to win is allowed, what Player X uses is evil and should not be used. If you want something fair then allow everything (maybe only not branch, since its purpose diverge from pk) or allow nothing and the stuff should be fought with leathers. Oh, i can use my thermal sword which gives 80 damage per hit, but you can't use your tit greaves of mirror or bear stone, sorry.

But if in the beggining people said 'this or that won't be allowed' then it get the rules changed and it is allowed, its not something really fair*. If the rules change, is better to create another tournment with the update rules.

*Only if its said upfront that the rules are subject to change and/or discussion, then all is fair. ;)

This is a very good point made. ~LE~ shouldn't be pending, rather just off the list. Unless someone other then myself wishes to lead a few into this tournment. I myself think that the rules should have been set in stone from the very begining. Continuing to change rules and bending areas. Will only result in unhappy people. Either from the side that is like "w00t I can win now" or the side that thinks "Damn! WTF you said blah blah before, now ya saying opposite." I also agree that brod, bod should not be allowed. Due to they're main purpose is to not really pk related but breaking stuff. I think imo a max type of amor and weapon should be part of the rules as well. If want to go back in time, how about pr0 full leather w/ i forget what was the pkR choice weapon back then. But could also go back a "couple years (2yrs)" when it was iron plate and serps w/ mirrior cloak and moon med. If ya use a era from EL history, imo maybe should make all things part of that same era. Including magic types being used, summons, etc.

Anyways, Im not reinlisting, rather just pointing out some key topics in this. It doesnt matter what kind of contest or event someone has. There is always going to be some one that tries to bend the rules, or opinionate to change something about it. No offense, make new, make new rules and etc. And stick to them regardless of what others state. Theres enough information here in this thread now, imo. To give good reason(s) to what people may like or dislike.

~TK

*Only if its said upfront that the rules are subject to change and/or discussion, then all is fair. ;)

This is a very good point made. ~LE~ shouldn't be pending, rather just off the list. Unless someone other then myself wishes to lead a few into this tournment. I myself think that the rules should have been set in stone from the very begining. Continuing to change rules and bending areas. Will only result in unhappy people. Either from the side that is like "w00t I can win now" or the side that thinks "Damn! WTF you said blah blah before, now ya saying opposite." I also agree that brod, bod should not be allowed. Due to they're main purpose is to not really pk related but breaking stuff. I think imo a max type of amor and weapon should be part of the rules as well. If want to go back in time, how about pr0 full leather w/ i forget what was the pkR choice weapon back then. But could also go back a "couple years (2yrs)" when it was iron plate and serps w/ mirrior cloak and moon med. If ya use a era from EL history, imo maybe should make all things part of that same era. Including magic types being used, summons, etc.

Anyways, Im not reinlisting, rather just pointing out some key topics in this. It doesnt matter what kind of contest or event someone has. There is always going to be some one that tries to bend the rules, or opinionate to change something about it. No offense, make new, make new rules and etc. And stick to them regardless of what others state. Theres enough information here in this thread now, imo. To give good reason(s) to what people may like or dislike.

~TK

Without changing or bending the rules the competition would be only PKG team (quimbly/toomass/pookies) entering and they would be the only team. Ghengas is trying to make something acceptable and fun for as many as possible. So far this has worked, discussions and changes of rules has caused more teams to apply than originally had.

Why do people keep referring to the BoD as a none PK weapon? it does extra 150 damage only i.e. helps to kill people.

It would be nice for as many people as possible to enter this tournament whilst Ghengas is in early stages of a possible future bi-monthly contest where if it gets running well in this tournament, the possibility of future 'old school style' or similar rules pk tournament could be run. If no one joins up for this tournament then there would be a situation similar with Cyprom's pk tournament a while ago and it will all just die out.

Anyone who enjoys PK but thinks it is dead recently I think should put their money where their mouth is and sign up for this attempt to revive some of the most fun aspect of EL.

EG

Guest ohmygod

Too late to put a team in?

Zamirah, Lorck, ohmygod, Tempest (maybe)

Edited by ohmygod

no, the last day to enter is tuesday.

please remember to include your guild when you sign up, ive been away for quite some time until recently and many guilds have changed.

i have kept the teams list on the original post and on my post in the second page where i re-listed the teams up to date, check there if you need to see an accurate list. i also added which teams have already paid me their entry fee.

Guest ohmygod

no, the last day to enter is tuesday.

please remember to include your guild when you sign up, ive been away for quite some time until recently and many guilds have changed.

Guild = Aquila

Guild Tag =\A/

Guest Trojan_Knight

Without changing or bending the rules the competition would be only PKG team (quimbly/toomass/pookies) entering and they would be the only team. Ghengas is trying to make something acceptable and fun for as many as possible. So far this has worked, discussions and changes of rules has caused more teams to apply than originally had.

Why do people keep referring to the BoD as a none PK weapon? it does extra 150 damage only i.e. helps to kill people.

It would be nice for as many people as possible to enter this tournament whilst Ghengas is in early stages of a possible future bi-monthly contest where if it gets running well in this tournament, the possibility of future 'old school style' or similar rules pk tournament could be run. If no one joins up for this tournament then there would be a situation similar with Cyprom's pk tournament a while ago and it will all just die out.

Anyone who enjoys PK but thinks it is dead recently I think should put their money where their mouth is and sign up for this attempt to revive some of the most fun aspect of EL.

EG

I'm not flaring or etc, just stating so that my opinion doesn't seem that way. But I never said any of the suggestions where good nor bad. All I stated is maybe a reformat of this from the suggestions made may be something to think about. Some weapons give unfair advantages, as bod and brod and mace and a few others that could be used in this suggestion. Some of those listed well purposely one is used for primarily destruction of your nice new shiny armor. I was merely suggesting to find a happy medium. Then rebuild the contest based on that. I think there are a ton of great ideas in this thread. Sometimes, those similar to myself that become brain farted easily, it is not hard to get confused on what is going on. Considering that, sometimes it is hard to figure out what is cool and are rules, and what no longer are, or never were.

As for pk being dead as some may think it is. I believe your correct in your statement slightly. It imo is still alive, but not as alive as it was a year ago, or for a better example 3 years ago. With the addition to many maps, encouraging people to train, or play in different areas. Yeah most pk areas have a person or two in them or are dead. KF isnt nearly as packed as it once was long ago. But could it be with all these new maps and etc could be reason to believe that people are still fighting, and trying to pk. Except they are just to spread out. Then again, everyone knows KF is or was pk capitol.

Anyways, I watch this thread for a little bit longer. Honestly it still interests me. Would love to see a great number of teams entered. I myself, my opinion is I would gladly sign up if there were for example at least hmm idk 12 - 18 teams signed up. I myself have been thinking of a similar tournament, but nothing like this.. Maybe in future I will post about it if someone else doesn't beat me to it lol. But please do not take that statement as pirating. I think anything that helps bring more fun to or back to EL is a great idea. Including this thread and Cyprom's idea. Well thats my two cents, I'll stop interupting yalls thread :)

Have fun

~TK