CLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP \

MINES \

NEW_ACTOR_SCALE \

NEW_SOUND \

NEW_FILE_IO

Not even Isla Prima works. maps/startmap.bmp is there and the format is right:

startmap.bmp BMP 512x512 512x512+0+0 PseudoClass 255c 8-bit 257.051kb

/EDIT

I reverted textures.h to 1.29 and textures.c to 1.86 and it works again. So the bug is in textures.c 1.87 (the way textures get loaded is changed there). Karen, please have another look at your changes.

Edited by Florian

Yep, that was my bad. Sorry about that; I didn't catch that my changes broke it :) I'll wait until after update before committing any more and I'll make sure that bug is fixed first thing.

Great idea to add massive changes to load_gl_extensions.* during a code freeze :confused:

(I hope you notice the sarcasm)

This time it's not even related to Mac OS X's opengl headers from the stone age, even my linux system won't compile.

Great idea to add massive changes to load_gl_extensions.* during a code freeze :hug:

(I hope you notice the sarcasm)

This time it's not even related to Mac OS X's opengl headers from the stone age, even my linux system won't compile.

Linux build was broken for me too earlier today (3:00pm GMT) but I updated a header file and it compilers fine now. Which compile options are you using? What errors do you get?

Edited by bluap

Linux:

gcc -march=i686 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O0 -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC -DAFK_FIX -DALPHA_ACTORS -DATI_9200_FIX -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DCOUNTERS -DCUSTOM_LOOK -DCUSTOM_UPDATE -DCXX_MISC -DEYE_CANDY -DFONTS_FIX -DFUZZY_PATHS -DIDLE_FIX -DMASKING -DMINES -DMINIMAP -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE -DNEW_FILE_IO -DNEW_SOUND -DNEW_TEX -DNOTEPAD -DOGG_VORBIS -DOPTIONS_I18N -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DPOPUP -DSFX -DSIMPLE_LOD -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO -DZLIB -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c -o 2d_objects.o 2d_objects.c

In file included from 2d_objects.c:9:

load_gl_extensions.h:281: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix2x3fvâ

load_gl_extensions.h:282: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix2x4fvâ

load_gl_extensions.h:283: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix3x2fvâ

load_gl_extensions.h:284: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix3x4fvâ

load_gl_extensions.h:285: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix4x2fvâ

load_gl_extensions.h:286: error: expected â=â, â,â, â;â, âasmâ or __attribute__â before âELglUniformMatrix4x3fvâ

make: *** [2d_objects.o] Error 1

Mac:

/usr/bin/gcc -gfull -Wall -D_EXTRA_SOUND_DEBUG -DOPENGL_TRACE -march=nocona -mtune=nocona -msse3 -ftree-vectorize -mfpmath=sse,387 -funroll-loops -ftree-vectorizer-verbose=1 -ffast-math -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/cal3d.framework/Headers -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/Ogg.framework/Headers -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL.framework/Headers -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL_net.framework/Headers -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/SDL_image.framework/Headers -I/Spiele/el_osx.app/Contents/Frameworks/Vorbis.framework/Headers -pipe -DELC -DOSX -DAFK_FIX -DALPHA_ACTORS -DATI_9200_FIX -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCOUNTERS -DCUSTOM_LOOK -DCUSTOM_UPDATE -DCXX_MISC -DEYE_CANDY -DFONTS_FIX -DFUZZY_PATHS -DIDLE_FIX -DMASKING -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DNEW_TEX -DOGG_VORBIS -DOPTIONS_I18N -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DPOPUP -DSFX -DSIMPLE_LOD -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO -DZLIB -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DMINIMAP -DMINES -DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE -DNEW_SOUND -DNOTEPAD -DNEW_FILE_IO -D_REENTRANT -c -o 2d_objects.o 2d_objects.c

In file included from /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/gl.h:65,

from platform.h:71,

from misc.h:10,

from vmath.h:13,

from 2d_objects.h:9,

from 2d_objects.c:4:

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/glext.h:3052: error: conflicting types for 'GLintptr'

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/gl.h:56: error: previous declaration of 'GLintptr' was here

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/glext.h:3053: error: conflicting types for 'GLsizeiptr'

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Headers/gl.h:57: error: previous declaration of 'GLsizeiptr' was here

load_gl_extensions.h:281: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x3fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:281: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix2x3fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:281: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

load_gl_extensions.h:282: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x4fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:282: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix2x4fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:282: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

load_gl_extensions.h:283: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x2fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:283: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix3x2fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:283: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

load_gl_extensions.h:284: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x4fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:284: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix3x4fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:284: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

load_gl_extensions.h:285: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x2fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:285: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix4x2fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:285: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

load_gl_extensions.h:286: error: parse error before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x3fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:286: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglUniformMatrix4x3fv'

load_gl_extensions.h:286: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Looks like both systems miss the OpenGL 2.1 things.

Anyway, why does EL need all those OpenGL things? It uses only a very small percentage of them.

Edited by Florian

It MIGHT be for the GL vesion and extensions information the el client sends to the server, so that we can build some statistics about what extensions we can use in future versions and so on.

If it causes problems, I guess we should do a rollback and add them after the update.

It MIGHT be for the GL vesion and extensions information the el client sends to the server, so that we can build some statistics about what extensions we can use in future versions and so on.

If it causes problems, I guess we should do a rollback and add them after the update.

Yeap, I believe this is because it uses types form "GL_VERSION_2_1". On my debian etch system, these are defined when I use mesa-common-dev 6.5.1-0.6 but not if I switch to nvidia-glx-dev 1.0.8776-4 for my GL stuff. It was xaphier that committed the change so I've contacted him for comment.

Edited by bluap

Anyone seen this one before? I click on food when opening up a storage and get a segfault.

I've been tracking this down. In get_storage_items, we see this three times:

storage_items.image_id = SDL_SwapLE16(*((Uint16*)(&in_data[idx])));

The third time is where the code is being run. For the first i in the loop, the image_id is set to 2. The second time, however, when idx=10 (versus an in_data length of 23, so this isn't an overflow), it gets a whopping 21248. I can't see how this would be a valid value. Later on, in display_storage_handler, we have:

this_texture=get_items_texture(storage_items.image_id/25);

Given that storage_items[1] is 21248, it passes 849 to get_items_texture, which then plugs that as "no" into:

return items_text[no];

But items_text is only 32 entries long. I.e., I get a segfault.

Anybody else seeing this?

OK, it compiles on mac again :(

On linux not yet. I have

openal-0.0.8

freealut-1.1.0

Do I need openal-cvs?

g++ -march=i686 -Wall -O0 -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC -DAFK_FIX -DALPHA_ACTORS -DATI_9200_FIX -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DCOUNTERS -DCUSTOM_LOOK -DCUSTOM_UPDATE -DCXX_MISC -DEYE_CANDY -DFONTS_FIX -DFUZZY_PATHS -DIDLE_FIX -DMASKING -DMINES -DMINIMAP -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE -DNEW_FILE_IO -DNEW_SOUND -DNEW_TEX -DNOTEPAD -DOGG_VORBIS -DOPTIONS_I18N -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DPOPUP -DSFX -DSIMPLE_LOD -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO -DZLIB -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fno-strict-aliasing -c -o xml/xmlhelper.o xml/xmlhelper.cpp

In file included from xml/../platform.h:101,

from xml/xmlhelper.hpp:15,

from xml/xmlhelper.cpp:7:

/usr/local/include/AL/alc.h:190: error: â<anonymous>â has incomplete type

/usr/local/include/AL/alc.h:190: error: invalid use of âALCvoidâ

/usr/local/include/AL/alc.h:251: error: â<anonymous>â has incomplete type

/usr/local/include/AL/alc.h:251: error: invalid use of âALCvoidâ

make: *** [xml/xmlhelper.o] Error 1

OK, it compiles on mac again :(

On linux not yet. I have

openal-0.0.8

freealut-1.1.0

Do I need openal-cvs?

If you had it compiling before on Linux, nothing should have changed. If this is the first time, or otherwise, then this might help.

Yeap, I believe this is because it uses types form "GL_VERSION_2_1". On my debian etch system, these are defined when I use mesa-common-dev 6.5.1-0.6 but not if I switch to nvidia-glx-dev 1.0.8776-4 for my GL stuff. It was xaphier that committed the change so I've contacted him for comment.

Sorry for the problems it cause. The reason is that the used glext.h header is older than OpenGL 2.1. There you can download a current glext.h from OpenGL.org. This should fix the problem.

Yes, a the moment it is/was for the GL information sending to the server. (After the update there is more use for it).

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the elc CVS and I'm trying to compile it (on Linux). I'm using the default options except I commented out eye candy. I am getting

gamewin.c: In function `mouseover_game_handler':
gamewin.c:333: `objects_list' undeclared (first use in this function)
gamewin.c:333: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gamewin.c:333: for each function it appears in.)
gamewin.c:339: `OBJ_3D_BAG' undeclared (first use in this function)
gamewin.c:352: `OBJ_3D_HARVESTABLE' undeclared (first use in this function)
gamewin.c:357: `OBJ_3D_ENTRABLE' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [gamewin.o] Error 1

- it looks like gamewin.c is depending on eye candy to get it's declaration for objects_list.

The reason I can't use the linux binary is that it requires libstdc++.so.6 and my distro is to old to have that. The reason I'm compiling without eye candy is that some of the c++ code isn't compiling properly probably due to the c++ include libraries being improperly installed in my distro (slackware 9.0).

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the elc CVS and I'm trying to compile it (on Linux). I'm using the default options except I commented out eye candy. I am getting....

Oops, looks like it's a bit broken without eyecandy. You can fix your error by including "e3d.h" in gamewin.c init.c and special_effects.c. The later will also need some #ifdef around the use of the NEW_SOUND stuff near line 700. Finally, you'll need to include misc.h in elwindows.c. If someone else doesn't do this before me, I'll check this again tomorrow and update CVS (assuming that's OK soon).

My glext.h problem is back ...

This is the glext.h I'm using:

http://www.opengl.org/registry/api/glext.h

/* glext.h last updated 2007/02/12 */

included in platform.h

errors:

load_gl_extensions.h:59: error: parse error before 'ELglCopyTexSubImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:59: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglCopyTexSubImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:59: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:60: error: parse error before 'ELglDrawRangeElements'
load_gl_extensions.h:60: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglDrawRangeElements'
load_gl_extensions.h:60: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:61: error: parse error before 'ELglTexImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:61: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglTexImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:61: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:62: error: parse error before 'ELglTexSubImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:62: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglTexSubImage3D'
load_gl_extensions.h:62: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:66: error: parse error before 'ELglActiveTexture'
load_gl_extensions.h:66: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglActiveTexture'
load_gl_extensions.h:66: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:67: error: parse error before 'ELglClientActiveTexture'
load_gl_extensions.h:67: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglClientActiveTexture'
load_gl_extensions.h:67: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:68: error: parse error before 'ELglCompressedTexImage1D'
load_gl_extensions.h:68: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglCompressedTexImage1D'
load_gl_extensions.h:68: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:69: error: parse error before 'ELglCompressedTexImage2D'
load_gl_extensions.h:511: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglFogCoorddvEXT'
load_gl_extensions.h:511: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:512: error: parse error before 'ELglFogCoordfEXT'
load_gl_extensions.h:512: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglFogCoordfEXT'
load_gl_extensions.h:512: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
load_gl_extensions.h:513: error: parse error before 'ELglFogCoordfvEXT'
load_gl_extensions.h:513: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'ELglFogCoordfvEXT'
load_gl_extensions.h:513: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

Hello.. I read a lot in this Forum and also the guid to compile and did what there was written in.

Up to the CVS-Version from the "2007-11-13" every thing went fine.

But .....(hopefully this is the right thread to post)

My System:

Software: Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty), using Alsa for all sound, NVIDIA Driver Version: 1.0-9631, using GDM with Gnome, Linux version 2.6.20-16-generic (root@terranova) (gcc version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)) #2 SMP Sun Sep 23 19:50:39 UTC 2007

Hardware: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (Barton [333Mhz Core, 512Byte L2Cache] ), 2x512MB DDR 333 CL2 Dual Memory, nForce2+MCP Chipset (includes nForce2 AC97 Audio Controler (MCP), USB2.0, Firewire, 10/100 Network and [deaktivated in Bios:Geforce MX440 Grafics]), 256MB GeForce 7600 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

My Problem

Since the CVS-Version from "2007-11-14 00:00:00 UTC" I can't compile EL because of these errors:

servers.c: In Funktion »set_server_details«:
servers.c:64: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »check_configdir«
servers.c:66: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »get_path_config«
servers.c:66: Warnung: Übergabe des Arguments 1 von »mkdir_tree« erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
servers.c:66: Fehler: zu viele Argumente für Funktion »mkdir_tree«
make: *** [servers.o] Fehler 1

Since the CVS-Version from "2007-11-17 00:00:00 UTC" I can't compile EL because of these errors:

servers.c: In Funktion »set_server_details«:
servers.c:64: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »check_configdir«
servers.c:69: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »get_path_config«
servers.c:69: Warnung: Übergabe des Arguments 1 von »mkdir_tree« erzeugt Zeiger von Ganzzahl ohne Typkonvertierung
servers.c:69: Fehler: zu viele Argumente für Funktion »mkdir_tree«
servers.c:71: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »get_path_config_base«
servers.c:73: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »copy_file«
make: *** [servers.o] Fehler 1

Since the CVS-Version from "2007-11-20 00:00:00 UTC" I can't compile EL because of these errors:

io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreAnimation* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreAnimation(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:198: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreAnimation(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)), 0u)«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreAnimation*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:198: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreMaterial* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreMaterial(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:210: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreMaterial(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreMaterial*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:210: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreMesh* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreMesh(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:222: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreMesh(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreMesh*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:222: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreSkeleton* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreSkeleton(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:234: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreSkeleton(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreSkeleton*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:234: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreAnimation(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:246: Fehler: »CalCoreAnimationPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:246: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreAnimation«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:248: Fehler: »pCoreAnimation« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:253: Fehler: »pCoreAnimation« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreMaterial(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:265: Fehler: »CalCoreMaterialPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:265: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreMaterial«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:267: Fehler: »pCoreMaterial« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:272: Fehler: »pCoreMaterial« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreMesh(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:284: Fehler: »CalCoreMeshPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:284: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreMesh«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:286: Fehler: »pCoreMesh« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:291: Fehler: »pCoreMesh« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalBoolean eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreSkeleton(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:303: Fehler: »CalCoreSkeletonPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:303: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreSkeleton«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:305: Fehler: »pCoreSkeleton« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:310: Fehler: »pCoreSkeleton« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
make: *** [io/elfilewrapper.o] Fehler 1

Since the CVS-Version from "2007-11-28 00:00:00 UTC" up to the Version of now I can't compile EL because of those errors:

textures.c: In Funktion »load_bmp8_color_key«:
textures.c:1785: Warnung: Variable »i« wird nicht verwendet
textures.c: In Funktion »load_bmp8_fixed_alpha«:
textures.c:1875: Warnung: Variable »i« wird nicht verwendet
textures.c: In Funktion »reload_bmp8_color_key«:
textures.c:1940: Warnung: Variable »i« wird nicht verwendet
textures.c: In Funktion »reload_bmp8_fixed_alpha«:
textures.c:2018: Warnung: Variable »i« wird nicht verwendet
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreAnimation* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreAnimation(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:198: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreAnimation(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)), 0u)«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreAnimation*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:198: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreMaterial* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreMaterial(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:210: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreMaterial(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreMaterial*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:210: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreMesh* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreMesh(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:222: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreMesh(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreMesh*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:222: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalCoreSkeleton* eternal_lands::CalLoader_ELLoadCoreSkeleton(CalLoader*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:234: Fehler: Abfrage des Elementes »get« in »CalLoader::loadCoreSkeleton(((CalDataSource&)(& file.eternal_lands::el_data_source::<anonymous>)))«, das vom Nicht-Klassentyp »CalCoreSkeleton*« ist
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:234: Fehler: »explicitIncRef« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreAnimation(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:246: Fehler: »CalCoreAnimationPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:246: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreAnimation«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:248: Fehler: »pCoreAnimation« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:253: Fehler: »pCoreAnimation« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreMaterial(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:265: Fehler: »CalCoreMaterialPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:265: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreMaterial«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:267: Fehler: »pCoreMaterial« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:272: Fehler: »pCoreMaterial« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »int eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreMesh(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:284: Fehler: »CalCoreMeshPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:284: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreMesh«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:286: Fehler: »pCoreMesh« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:291: Fehler: »pCoreMesh« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp: In function »CalBoolean eternal_lands::CalCoreModel_ELLoadCoreSkeleton(CalCoreModel*, const char*)«:
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:303: Fehler: »CalCoreSkeletonPtr« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:303: Fehler: expected `;' before »pCoreSkeleton«
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:305: Fehler: »pCoreSkeleton« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
io/elfilewrapper.cpp:310: Fehler: »pCoreSkeleton« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
make: *** [io/elfilewrapper.o] Fehler 1

What went wrong ?

OK, I can't update my system's glext.h because that causes other errors ...

this script helped me

use strict;

open IN, "<load_gl_extensions.h";

while (<IN>) {
if (m/extern (PF.+?) EL/) {
 my $ext = $1;
 if (`grep $ext glext.h` =~ m/(typedef .+;)/) {
  my $type = $1;
  $type =~ s/APIENTRYP/\*/;
  print "#ifndef $ext\n"; 
  print " $type\n";
  print "#endif\n";
 }
}
}

It outputs all needed typedefs. I piped them into an "osxglext.h" file which I included in load_gl_extensions.h and now it compiles and runs without problems.

patch to io/e3d_io.c results in this crash on login:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x15ed8018
0x000786b6 in load_e3d_detail (cur_object=0x1b3a71f0) at io/e3d_io.c:354
354									 printf("  %f, %f, %f / %f, %f, %f / %f, %f, %f\n", ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[0]))[0], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + 2 * v_size * face_list[0]))[1], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[0]))[2], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[1]))[0], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[1]))[1], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[1]))[2], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[2]))[0], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + v_size * face_list[2]))[1], ((float*)(vertex_ptr + 2 * v_size * face_list[2]))[2]);
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x000786b6 in load_e3d_detail (cur_object=0x1b3a71f0) at io/e3d_io.c:354
	v1x = -0.0153503418
	v1z = -0.00985717773
	v2y = 0.0106201172
	nx = -0.000483714044
	nz = 0.000460898504
	v1y = 0.0149230957
	v2x = -0.041809082
	v2z = -0.0394287109
	ny = -0.000193124637
	face_list = {384, 385, 88}
	normals_ptr = (void *) 0x15ed2008
	vertex_ptr = (void *) 0x15ed2014
	k = 3
	header = {
 vertex_no = 705, 
 vertex_size = 32, 
 vertex_offset = 68, 
 index_no = 1776, 
 index_size = 4, 
 index_offset = 22628, 
 material_no = 2, 
 material_size = 172, 
 material_offset = 29732, 
 vertex_options = 0 '\0', 
 reserved_1 = 0 '\0', 
 reserved_2 = 0 '\0', 
 reserved_3 = 0 '\0'
}
	material = {
 options = 398498032, 
 material_name = "\000òX?\0004?\000p,?\000\000\000\000\0004\020?ðÀ\027\000\000\000\000\005\000\000\000X¾ÿ¿N§\005\000x¢:\000ðÀ\027l¿ÿ¿\0004?\000p¬?\000òØ??ðq:\033ðq:\033Û×\020\000\001\000\000\000è4@\033x¢:\000l¿ÿ¿¿ÿ¿(q:\0334q:\0338q:\033<q:\033@q:\033Dq:\033Hq:\033", 
 min_x = 1.54221676e-22, 
 min_y = 1.54221726e-22, 
 min_z = 1.54221777e-22, 
 max_x = 1.54221827e-22, 
 max_y = 1.54221878e-22, 
 max_z = 1.54221928e-22, 
 triangles_min_index = 1073741824, 
 triangles_max_index = 1072693248, 
 index = 9, 
 count = 117825536
}
	cur_dir = "./3dobjects/trees/", '\0' <repeats 1005 times>
	i = 1776
	j = 92
	l = -1
	idx = 22560
	mem_size = 26112
	vertex_size = 32
	material_size = 172
	file_pos = 917504
	indicies_size = 2
	float_count = 8
	index_size = 4
	v_size = 32
	m_size = 172
	text_file_name = "./3dobjects/interiors/woodb.bmp\0005.bmp\000mp\000\000\000\000\004\000\000\000àÕ\000 \001\000\000\000¾\032\001\000\000\000\000\000ðÅ\025È·ÿ¿Ð/\0018\000\000\a¬·ÿ¿\000@\000\000\001\000\000\003\001\000\000\000\002\000\000\000\001\000\000\000\024¸ÿ¿ \000\001 \030\000\000\000ÐÖ\000 ø·ÿ¿\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\000d\032\0268\000ð¶ÿ¿\003\000\000\000,\000\000\0000\000\000\000\a\f\000\000\030\000\000\000¬·ÿ¿\030\000\000\000\001\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\004\000\000\000\000\000\000\a\000\000\000\000\000\000\000\0008·ÿ¿"...
	index_buffer = (unsigned int *) 0x17c1a800
	short_list = (short unsigned int *) 0x17bdc800
	int_list = (unsigned int *) 0xbdcccccf
	float_buffer = (float *) 0x1b3a4f40
	tmp_buffer = 0x15ed8000 <Address 0x15ed8000 out of bounds>
	index_pointer = (Uint8 *) 0x0
	float_pointer = (float *) 0x15ed2000
	file = (el_file_ptr) 0x1b3a08e0
#1  0x000067e5 in load_e3d_cache (file_name=0xbfffc028 "./3dobjects/trees/bush3.e3d") at 3d_objects.c:478
	e3d_id = (e3d_object *) 0x1b3a71f0

http://el.beplacid.net/bugs/view.php?id=12

and SKY_FPV_CURSOR does not compile anymore (reported by asgnny):

-D_EXTRA_SOUND_DEBUG -DOPENGL_TRACE -DELC -DOSX -DAFK_FIX -DALPHA_ACTORS -DATI_9200_FIX -DAUTO_UPDATE -DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP -DCLUSTER_INSIDES -DCOUNTERS -DCUSTOM_LOOK -DCUSTOM_UPDATE -DCXX_MISC -DEYE_CANDY -DFONTS_FIX -DFUZZY_PATHS -DIDLE_FIX -DMASKING -DMINES -DMINIMAP -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE -DNEW_FILE_IO -DNEW_SOUND -DNEW_TEX -DNOTEPAD -DOGG_VORBIS -DOPTIONS_I18N -DPNG_SCREENSHOT -DPOPUP -DSFX -DSIMPLE_LOD -DUSE_INLINE -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO -DZLIB -DUSE_SHADER -DNEW_LIGHTING -DSKY_FPV_CURSOR -DFIX_NORMALS

sky.c: In function 'cloudy_sky':

sky.c:301: error: 'difuse_light' undeclared (first use in this function)

sky.c:301: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

sky.c:301: error: for each function it appears in.)

looks like a type to me ... yes

Index: sky.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/elc/elc/sky.c,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -u -d -p -r1.5 sky.c
--- sky.c	   21 Sep 2007 06:29:29 -0000	  1.5
+++ sky.c	   1 Dec 2007 00:32:19 -0000
@@ -298,10 +298,10 @@ void cloudy_sky()

fog[0][i] = fog[1][i] = fog[2][i] = fog[3][i] = fogColor[i];
							cloudCol1[i] = t*(fogColor[i]-0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]-0.05f);
-							   cloudCol2[i] = t*(difuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);
+							   cloudCol2[i] = t*(diffuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);

cloudCol3[i] = t*(fogColor[i]-0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]-0.05f);
-							   cloudCol4[i] = t*(difuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);
+							   cloudCol4[i] = t*(diffuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);

}
					cloudCol1[3] = 1.0f;
@@ -336,9 +336,9 @@ void cloudy_sky()

cloudCol1[i] = t*(fogColor[i]-0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]-0.05f);
-							   cloudCol2[i] = t*(difuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);
+							   cloudCol2[i] = t*(diffuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);
							cloudCol3[i] = t*(fogColor[i]-0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]-0.05f);
-							   cloudCol4[i] = t*(difuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);
+							   cloudCol4[i] = t*(diffuse_light[i]+0.1f)+(1.0f-t)*(fogColor[i]+0.05f);

}
					cloudCol1[3] = 1.0f;
@@ -371,7 +371,7 @@ void cloudy_sky()

cloudCol1[i] = fogColor[i]-0.1f;
-							   cloudCol2[i] = difuse_light[i]+0.1f;
+							   cloudCol2[i] = diffuse_light[i]+0.1f;

}
					cloudCol1[3] = 1.0f;

http://el.beplacid.net/bugs/view.php?id=11

Edited by Florian

CVS doesn't compile:

gcc -march=k8 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O0 -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC  -DAFK_FIX  -DALPHA_ACTORS  -DATI_9200_FIX  -DAUTO_UPDATE  
-DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP  -DCLUSTER_INSIDES  -DCOUNTERS  -DCUSTOM_LOOK  -DCUSTOM_UPDATE  -DCXX_MISC  -DEYE_CANDY  -DFONTS_FIX 
-DFUZZY_PATHS  -DIDLE_FIX  -DMASKING  -DMINES  -DMINIMAP  -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION  -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE  -DNEW_FILE_IO  -DNEW_SOUND 
-DNEW_TEX  -DNOTEPAD  -DOGG_VORBIS  -DOPTIONS_I18N  -DPNG_SCREENSHOT  -DPOPUP  -DSFX  -DSIMPLE_LOD  -DUSE_INLINE
 -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO  -DZLIB -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fno-strict-aliasing  -c -o 2d_objects.o 2d_objects.c
load_gl_extensions.h:281: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x3fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:282: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x4fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:283: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x2fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:284: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x4fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:285: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x2fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:286: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x3fv'

Using default options... question: am I supposed to put that on Mantis instead? I didn't see anything like this there, so I posted here.

edit: edited the compiler command line to make it fit on screen (of suitable size ;))

Edited by Ermabwed

CVS doesn't compile:

gcc -march=k8 -Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O0 -ggdb -pipe -DLINUX -DELC  -DAFK_FIX  -DALPHA_ACTORS  -DATI_9200_FIX  -DAUTO_UPDATE  
-DCLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP  -DCLUSTER_INSIDES  -DCOUNTERS  -DCUSTOM_LOOK  -DCUSTOM_UPDATE  -DCXX_MISC  -DEYE_CANDY  -DFONTS_FIX 
-DFUZZY_PATHS  -DIDLE_FIX  -DMASKING  -DMINES  -DMINIMAP  -DNEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION  -DNEW_ACTOR_SCALE  -DNEW_FILE_IO  -DNEW_SOUND 
-DNEW_TEX  -DNOTEPAD  -DOGG_VORBIS  -DOPTIONS_I18N  -DPNG_SCREENSHOT  -DPOPUP  -DSFX  -DSIMPLE_LOD  -DUSE_INLINE
 -DUSE_SEND_VIDEO_INFO  -DZLIB -I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fno-strict-aliasing  -c -o 2d_objects.o 2d_objects.c
load_gl_extensions.h:281: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x3fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:282: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix2x4fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:283: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x2fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:284: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix3x4fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:285: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x2fv'
load_gl_extensions.h:286: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'ELglUniformMatrix4x3fv'

Using default options... question: am I supposed to put that on Mantis instead? I didn't see anything like this there, so I posted here.

edit: edited the compiler command line to make it fit on screen (of suitable size ;))

In this case, I'd say both. It could be related to bugs that have been fixed or are in resolution, which means it would be helpful to check the existing bugs list and see if it is related. If it isn't, then here's fine. If it is, then posting on that relevant bug listing on Mantis would be helpful. Even if a new bug was added for this, it's not hard to chase it down and close it if it's not really necessary.

CVS doesn't compile:

Outdated glext.h *sigh*

EL is so futuristic we need the absolutely latest glext.h, you can get it here: http://www.opengl.org/registry/api/glext.h