Eternal Lands Official Forums
Beaverhunter

Current CVS errors

First issue: those files should only be compiled when PAWN is enabled in the configuration options. Not compiling them will also get rid of the second issue, but...

Second issue: hmm...does MSVC not declare M_PI? damn...will add an ifdef for it.

I should probably also add guards in all files in the Pawn directory. Sigh...oh well, here we go, another intelligent commit coming up.

EDIT: should be fixed now.

Yep, it seems to be fixed. Thanks!

After a `cvs up -dPCA` yesterday and a `cvs up -d` today, I receive these errors when SKY_FPV_CURSOR is enabled in make.conf. It doesn't happen when it's disabled/commented out - client compiles cleanly.

elconfig.o: In function `init_vars':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1418: undefined reference to `reflect_sky'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1419: undefined reference to `clouds1'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1420: undefined reference to `horizon_fog'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1421: undefined reference to `show_stars'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1422: undefined reference to `show_moons'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/elconfig.c:1423: undefined reference to `show_sun'

gl_init.o: In function `resize_root_window':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/gl_init.c:938: undefined reference to `LongView'

gl_init.o: In function `set_new_video_mode':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/gl_init.c:1092: undefined reference to `init_sky'

init.o: In function `init_stuff':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/init.c:918: undefined reference to `init_sky'

lights.o: In function `new_minute':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:819: undefined reference to `sun_appears'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:820: undefined reference to `sun_appears'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:821: undefined reference to `sun_appears'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:822: undefined reference to `sun_appears'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:834: undefined reference to `sun_appears'

lights.o:/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/lights.c:834: more undefined references to `sun_appears' follow

map.o: In function `el_load_map':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/map.c:156: undefined reference to `sky_type'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/map.c:158: undefined reference to `sky_type'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/map.c:160: undefined reference to `sky_type'

text.o: In function `filter_or_ignore_text':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:323: undefined reference to `time_d'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:324: undefined reference to `time_d'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:324: undefined reference to `time_d'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:325: undefined reference to `time_d'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:325: undefined reference to `time_d'

text.o:/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/text.c:326: more undefined references to `time_d' follow

weather.o: In function `render_fog':

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1240: undefined reference to `cloud_layer1'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1241: undefined reference to `cloud_layer2'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1242: undefined reference to `sky_color'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1244: undefined reference to `cloud_layer1'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1245: undefined reference to `cloud_layer2'

/home/myob/el2_cvs/elc/weather.c:1246: undefined reference to `sky_color'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [el.x86.linux.bin] Error 1

Compile options:

UPDATE_CONF=yes

FEATURES += AFK_FIX # fixes afk messages to count only PM's, and store and count local messages if the option is selected

FEATURES += ALPHA_ACTORS # Enable Alpha Blending of actor models if an alpha blended item is worn

FEATURES += ATI_9200_FIX # flickering fix for ATI 92xx

FEATURES += AUTO_UPDATE # enable minor automatic file updating

FEATURES += CLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP # Enables you to click on the continent map to view maps

FEATURES += COUNTERS # enables kill/production/etc counters in the client

FEATURES += CUSTOM_LOOK # allows you to customize your look.

FEATURES += CUSTOM_UPDATE # allows autoupdating of custom look information

FEATURES += EYE_CANDY # (undocumented)

FEATURES += FONTS_FIX # dynamically loads all fonts with the filename in the format font*.bmp, and makes them accessable in the options

FEATURES += FUZZY_PATHS # Makes Tab Map walking not always follow exaclty the same path

FEATURES += IDLE_FIX # Fix for idle animations being stuck in one sequence

FEATURES += MASKING # Allow for item masking on Actors, example, can allow for short sleeves

FEATURES += NEW_ACTOR_ANIMATION # (undocumented)

FEATURES += NEW_TEX # use new texture coordinates for enhanced actors

FEATURES += OPTIONS_I18N # make option labels & descriptions translatable

FEATURES += PNG_SCREENSHOT # make screenshots in W3C's PNG format in game, requires libpng

FEATURES += SFX # experimental visual spell effects

FEATURES += SIMPLE_LOD # enable a simplistic distance culling to improve performance

FEATURES += USE_INLINE # enable some optimizations to use inline functions instead of pure function calls

FEATURES += X86_64 # Compile for a computer with 64-bit memory addresses

FEATURES += ZLIB # Enables being able to read gzip compressed files, requires -lzlib/-lz

PLATFORM=-march=athlon64

XDIR=-L/usr/X11R6/lib

CWARN=-Wall -Wdeclaration-after-statement

CXXWARN=-Wall

CC=gcc

CXX=g++

LINK=gcc

After a `cvs up -dPCA` yesterday and a `cvs up -d` today, I receive these errors when SKY_FPV_CURSOR is enabled in make.conf. It doesn't happen when it's disabled/commented out - client compiles cleanly.
Those variables are exported in sky.h, a new file. Please check that it's there, and that your makefile includes it, and your global.h includes it (the .o and .h, respectively). Unless you've edited either of these files, it should be happening already.

Those variables are exported in sky.h, a new file. Please check that it's there, and that your makefile includes it, and your global.h includes it (the .o and .h, respectively). Unless you've edited either of these files, it should be happening already.

The C option to cvs forces overwrite of locally modified files (with clean copies from the repository). So even if they were changed by me, it wouldn't matter.

After another `cvs up -dPCA` and using the repo's Makefile, i've successfully compiled. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit

Holy crap, FPV & the Sky rocks!

Edited by Placid

In make.defaults the NOTEPAD option has been disabled. I wonder why because it has been enabled for many months and was included in the last release. I know its been changed recently but it appears to be working fine. OK, this is easily changed in make.conf but I prefer to stick with the default options unless I'm experimenting with things :)

In make.defaults the NOTEPAD option has been disabled. I wonder why because it has been enabled for many months and was included in the last release.

I was informed by Roja, and tested the Windows client myself, and its not actually enabled. Ergo it was removed to reflect the current (Windows) client. It may have been enabled in the released Linux client, I've never checked cos I've never had one.

I expect that it was *meant* to be added, but along with the other options, Ent forgot.

I found a bug in the CVS client version:

The mipmapping is on all the time now by default, and you cannot turn it on/off in the config window.

It should be off by default, and you should be able to turn it on if you want it in the config window.

walking towards evtr storage....

[Switching to Thread 47892547672944 (LWP 6601)]
0x00002b8edae7f998 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00002b8edae7f998 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#1  0x00002b8edae8423d in __glReadSpan () from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#2  0x00002b8edaccacbd in __glSpanReadRGBA2 ()
  from /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so
#3  0x00002b8edacc429c in __glGenericPickReadPixels ()
#4  0x00002b8edacc4048 in __glSlowPickReadPixels ()
#5  0x00002b8edacb3695 in __glim_ReadPixels ()
#6  0x00002b8edacb3593 in __glim_ReadPixels ()
#7  0x00002b8edacb3593 in __glim_ReadPixels ()
#8  0x00000000004765bb in anything_under_the_mouse (object_id=0,
object_type=4) at misc.c:132
#9  0x0000000000498df2 in draw_sun_shadowed_scene (any_reflection=0)
at shadows.c:846
#10 0x0000000000452f81 in display_game_handler (win=0x45e4f10)
at gamewin.c:931
#11 0x0000000000444bd5 in draw_window (win=0x45e4f10) at elwindows.c:1064
#12 0x00000000004452a0 in display_window (win_id=0) at elwindows.c:1231
#13 0x000000000044254e in display_windows (level=1) at elwindows.c:57
#14 0x000000000043b0a7 in draw_scene () at draw_scene.c:117
#15 0x0000000000471b04 in start_rendering () at main.c:131
#16 0x0000000000471ebb in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fffd2b19948) at main.c:254

The mipmapping is on all the time now by default, and you cannot turn it on/off in the config window.

It should be off by default, and you should be able to turn it on if you want it in the config window.

*scratches head*

It seems to work fine here. What do you mean when you write you can't turn it on/off. Does the toggle box not work, don't you see any difference (you'd only see a difference for newly loaded textures, I guess)?

*scratches head*

It seems to work fine here. What do you mean when you write you can't turn it on/off. Does the toggle box not work, don't you see any difference (you'd only see a difference for newly loaded textures, I guess)?

The toggle box works, but nothing changes. If you open up the official client, it will be defaulted to mimaps off. Turn it on, and wait a few mins for all the textures to reload..and you'll see what the differences are.

Not sure when it broke, but I've confirmed with another CVS user that the recent CVS (updated today for me) no longer has eye_candy effects for restoration. We've made sure that the person casting is indeed wounded (thus regaining health) and it doesn't matter if it is self cast or cast by another player, in both cases there is no effect. Other spells such as remote heal still have their effect.

edit:

It seems to be effecting more things:

• Queen of Nature harvest blessings
  • Mother Nature pissed off damage
  • Heal spell

Edited by jamincollins

Not sure when it broke, but I've confirmed with another CVS user that the recent CVS (updated today for me) no longer has eye_candy effects for restoration. We've made sure that the person casting is indeed wounded (thus regaining health) and it doesn't matter if it is self cast or cast by another player, in both cases there is no effect. Other spells such as remote heal still have their effect.

I can confirm this. I've noticed it for a while - teleport effects work, but restoration doesn't. IIRC, it happened around the time SKY_FPV_CURSOR was first implement and I managed to get it to compile.

Edited by Placid

Should be fixed in CVS now.

The toggle box works, but nothing changes. If you open up the official client, it will be defaulted to mimaps off. Turn it on, and wait a few mins for all the textures to reload..and you'll see what the differences are.

If you compile with DEBUG defined, you can now press F11 and it will reload the textures (just the object textures, not the actor textures or those used by the eye candy effects). Saves waiting minutes for something to happen (or not :))

Now I'm starting to run out of function keys. Perhaps it's time for a cleanup...

Not sure when it broke, but I've confirmed with another CVS user that the recent CVS (updated today for me) no longer has eye_candy effects for restoration.
I can confirm this. I've noticed it for a while - teleport effects work, but restoration doesn't.

It should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting. :-)

Not sure when it broke, but I've confirmed with another CVS user that the recent CVS (updated today for me) no longer has eye_candy effects for restoration.
I can confirm this. I've noticed it for a while - teleport effects work, but restoration doesn't.

It should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting. :-)

All works, cheers!

Current error (first present some day(s) ago):

1>paste.c

1>.\paste.c(84) : error C2065: 'SDL_SysWMInfo' : undeclared identifier

1>.\paste.c(84) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'info'

1>.\paste.c(84) : error C2065: 'info' : undeclared identifier

1>.\paste.c(89) : error C2224: left of '.version' must have struct/union type

1>.\paste.c(92) : error C2224: left of '.window' must have struct/union type

1>.\paste.c(92) : error C2198: 'OpenClipboard' : too few arguments for call

Current error (first present some day(s) ago):

1>paste.c

1>.\paste.c(84) : error C2065: 'SDL_SysWMInfo' : undeclared identifier

Hmm? I thought Torg had already fixed that. Make sure the line

#include <SDL_syswm.h>

isn't surrounded by #ifndef WINDOWS. If it is, update CVS.

hm I also get the paste.c errors:

paste.c: In function `copy_to_clipboard':
paste.c:84: error: `SDL_SysWMInfo' undeclared (first use in this function)
paste.c:84: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
paste.c:84: error: for each function it appears in.)
paste.c:84: error: syntax error before "info"
paste.c:89: error: `info' undeclared (first use in this function)

make.exe: *** [paste.o] Error 1

And I just upated from the cvs.

hm I also get the paste.c errors:

Oops. I know what's wrong. It should be fixed in CVS when you read this.

SDL_SysWMinfo has a lower case i... just to show case is very important!

/edit: This is what you get for testing under Windows and committing on your Linux box. I forgot the second rather important fix, which of course was already fixed on my Windows box which is why when I updated to test my commit, it worked. Oops.

Edited by Torg

My framerate dropped massively today. Didn't test the client for a few days except compiling it. 4FPS at IP camp fire, last week I had 60+ there ...

I did not change any settings. Shadow maps are on, EC is on, mipmaps, vertex arrays etc all on. NEW_LIGHTING and night textures on, new lighting is not on.

Right after login I have around 30 FPS, then it goes down. After one minute shadows and EC gets deactivated, FPS still drop to 4 during the next minute. Doesn't matter how many other players are around or if the fire is lit. Test and game server.

CPU usage is not increased, around 25-30% on each core (I guess el alone is 15-20% on each core).

I removed all my modifications (I was playing around with OpenMP at some places) and recompiled original CVS sources. Still, my FPS drop rapidly.

DELC OSX ALUT_WAV

USE_SHADER MINIMAP GL_EXTENSION_CHECK CLICKABLE_CONTINENT_MAP NEW_FILE_IO NEW_WEATHER NEW_ALPHA NEW_LIGHTING NEW_ACTOR_SCALE PAWN

standard make.defaults

Wild guess: I think it's related to pawn ...

w/o -DPAWN FPS at beam stay constantly over 35 during 5 minutes ...

and now for something completely different:

if I understand the way reflections in el and opengl work, a "view of the scene" from the viepoint of the reflecting surface is rendered into a texture and this reflection-texture is then mapped and mixed (and shaded) onto the reflecting surface, right? When this reflection texture is rendered, all EC effects are ignored. This is IMHO OK for fountains and other "expensive" effects, but lights should be reflected.

--> http://www.superfloh.dyndns.org/el/pa.jpg

Well PAWN support is very, very alpha so it's not really suprising... however it might be handy for Grum to know about the issue.

This is IMHO OK for fountains and other "expensive" effects, but lights should be reflected.

--> http://www.superfloh.dyndns.org/el/pa.jpg

Errr, well in that pic, you can't see the light at the top of pole cos its off the bottom of the screen, but yes the water around the pole should glow anyway.

Well PAWN support is very, very alpha so it's not really suprising... however it might be handy for Grum to know about the issue.

Indeed it is, but I think I know what's wrong. There's some code in there that tries to update the bounding box for the tree as it rotates, but that seems to only be adding items somehow, never remove them. I've removed that code for now, until we figure out how we're going to handle bboxes for dynamic maps properly.