Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CelticLady

How much will you pay for a Red Dragon Torso?

I have been trying to find a reasonable price to sell this armor for. I am using the torso piece as a test sample for this poll. I can't get a current, credible, constant pc for red dragon scales since the armor has become manufacturable. Without a pc I can't calculate a reasonable sell price or to see if it is even worth making this armor to sell. So I ask you, given the current stats how much would you pay for one Red Dragon Torso Armor?

Stats:

+15 Armor

+4 Heat Protection

Weight:

8 EMU

Nexus Required:

Human 7

This armor does not currently degrade, it breaks.

NOTE: Entropy has already stated that the stats and the lack of degradation may change in the future. Please do not take this into consideration when voting. I want to know what you will pay for it in it's current form. Also, please don't turn this into a big complaint thread. I simply want to know what you will pay for this armor.

If this thread belongs in a different section then could a moderator please move it to the correct location.

EDIT: oops this is what I get for trying to post my first poll :) anyways...the amounts I'm wondering about are as follows, just state which is your choice:

less than 100k gc

150k gc

200k gc

250k gc

more than 250k gc

Edited by CelticLady

Not a gold coin. That little extra armor is not worth paying for at all. Titanium keeps you safe in hot maps including the PK ones. This armor has no use worth paying for as far as I can see and the breakage thing means there is no chance I will get it. I don't get stuff for looks. I use everything until it breaks and get more. This stuff would be way too much at any price. :)

TirunCollimdus

I would agree with the statements above. For one it really doesn't look that cool if you ask me. And that stats aren't all that much better, basically you are paying like 500k+ for a whole set of armor which could break any moment, doesn't look that good, and stats are only a little increase considering the fact that titanium is only 2 away. And if you are a high level then the extra 2 armor points won't really matter. Basically I wouldn't pay very much for it. Under 100kgc.

~Plain

It's interesting how the PCs for a full set on market have dropped in half in 24 hours (from 900K-1M down to 400K or so). And I still haven't heard of any pieces that have actually SOLD (although a few have changed hands in trades for stuff). This is probably the biggest difference I've seen in the game from what people would LIKE it to be worth and what it really IS worth (actually, we're still waiting for the price to drop far enough to find out what it is worth).

Given the high nexus requirements, the break issue (doesn't degrade) and related aspects, I figure it will stabilize at just a bit above a full TI set - something <200K for a full set. But in a month we'll know.

Because of the high nexus, I can't even pick up a set to wear to weddings, so I too will be passing on these items.

Already talked to LuciferX about this.

Noone is going to buy it, since imo it only has 1 real good thing about it. The slight bit more armor it gives, you're better off with a normal steel/titanium set. Difference isn't much.

If you're going to a heat map, you can just take a leather set, you won't be taking a lot more damage.

The only thing where it would come in handy, is when you're fighting someone using fire sword or a thermal sword.

Since the high heat protection will eliminate the fire damage on both, neutralizing the fire, or halving the extra damage from the thermal.

But then again, you'd be having 400k worth in that armor, a chance for instant break, just to fight a fire/thermal sword?

Maybe I'll get a set later, but I'd collect my own scales and have someone mix it for me. And of course, if Kat wants one, she'll get it too. :wub:

-Blee

I know 1 thing:

more uber-powerfull accounts( with ~luciferx stats)= more red dragon scales= dragon scales get cheaper from 10-15k to 5-6k gc each= reasonable price for dragon armor set.

If some1 can kill 6 dragons per hour w/o loosing much of supplies even if he or she sells scales for 5k each its stilll nice money.

Lets wait few months, nexus removal stones will make ppl reach very big p/c, so its just matter of time when dragon scales(and armor) will get a lot cheaper.

Also Entropy can strenghten dragon armor so it will be easier to kill dragon using it, dont forget about dragon blade, maybe it will have some bonus dmg against dragons.

All in all, lets w8, just my humble opinion (:

I would not pay over 100k in its current form, just because the diff is minimal, not to mention the fact that it does not degrade before breaking. I still prefer the titanium look, but the xtra armor does not hurt anyone :wub:

I know 1 thing:

more uber-powerfull accounts( with ~luciferx stats)= more red dragon scales= dragon scales get cheaper from 10-15k to 5-6k gc each= reasonable price for dragon armor set.

If some1 can kill 6 dragons per hour w/o loosing much of supplies even if he or she sells scales for 5k each its stilll nice money.

Lets wait few months, nexus removal stones will make ppl reach very big p/c, so its just matter of time when dragon scales(and armor) will get a lot cheaper.

Also Entropy can strenghten dragon armor so it will be easier to kill dragon using it, dont forget about dragon blade, maybe it will have some bonus dmg against dragons.

All in all, lets w8, just my humble opinion (:

What this guy said :P (if it degraded b4 it broke this would change everything imuho)

Less then 1k and a kiss

LOL They waited too long to release the recipe and the scales dropped in price to half the price of what they should be due to huge supply and zero demand. Now the armor is already so low even if they do anything to make it more attractive it still wont be profitable because people see us offering it so cheap now.. we lost the initial profitable rush on a new armor. Chance was smart not to read the books. I decided long ago to never read a book again because u just break even when you decide to sell almost anything you make unless ur selling like fire essence. I read the dragon books thinking the dragon armor would be different and i was severely wrong.

Edited by LuciferX

im sure everyone would buy it as it is now if they could get 2 sets for under the coast of a tit set. personaly thats the only way i would buy one with its current stats

When bronze armor came, the same thing happened. People have been selling the bars to NPC for 7500 because there was no one interested in them and the pre-update stockpile was huge. I had about 50 bronze bars ;)

It is sad that the two latest new armors disappoint the users so much.

When bronze armor came, the same thing happened. People have been selling the bars to NPC for 7500 because there was no one interested in them and the pre-update stockpile was huge. I had about 50 bronze bars ;)

It is sad that the two latest new armors disappoint the users so much.

thats because the neglect the golden rule..."if it isnt broken dont fix it".........all other armour up intill bronze did just fine WHY you ask?...because it degraded and gave u an option to fix or sell (in an economy where gc us this hard to come by people need some security) and people in el work hard for their things and NO ONE wants to spend hard earned money on something that can (and knowing el's break rate :)) will break fast .......if the hard working game creators would just make this armour degrade instead of break it would do VERy WELL......

It is the wise man who learns from his mistakes , while the fool learns not.....

Insanity is repeating the same action OVER and expecting a different result

I wont be buying any Dragon Armour anytime soon.. I'll just stick to Titanium Plate Set.. And.. IF I was to buy it, I wouldn't pay over 50k for it.

#Edit - I agree with Luci.. They wasted so much time bringing out the Formula for it, the dragon scale prices had dropped about 75%.. Not helped much by people killing them so easy, and getting so many scales, then other people wanting to sell them after buying them so they sell for a nOOb amount of GoldCoins like 10k.. When scales need to be worth +25k each... Thus proving the economy is shit.. And it will continue to stay shit as people keep getting stronger and stronger and leveling so much..

Edited by Knuckles

LOL! In my opinion,any armor that break instantly without degrading first is worth 50k tops.

Only problem with that is, between cost to make (including fails) it costs a shit load more then that

it takes 26 scales to make a full set(not counting eme and binding stones)..the average player can get what 2-3 scales per hour....so damn man it takes for friggin ever just to get the scales , then factor in lost rostos and supplies to kill that draogn youre talking mucho time and money invested ...

I wont be buying any Dragon Armour anytime soon.. I'll just stick to Titanium Plate Set.. And.. IF I was to buy it, I wouldn't pay over 50k for it.

#Edit - I agree with Luci.. They wasted so much time bringing out the Formula for it, the dragon scale prices had dropped about 75%.. Not helped much by people killing them so easy, and getting so many scales, then other people wanting to sell them after buying them so they sell for a nOOb amount of GoldCoins like 10k.. When scales need to be worth +25k each... Thus proving the economy is shit.. And it will continue to stay shit as people keep getting stronger and stronger and leveling so much..

of course the economy is shit..every item is way expensive and NO ONE has money to buy(and even the few that have money to buy dont want to buy cause they are scared to loose their investment to bad luck) ..the first thing they teach you in marketing in college is that you need to advertise where people have money....you dont advertise to sell a bently (300k dollar car) in a 3rd world country

and thats what this economy is ......... IF gc was a little easier to come buy people would have money to burn and buyers would be buying and sellers selling and everyone would have fun...instead of complaining always..isnt the point of beta to get players opinions tomake the game better? instead you beat the players over the head and tell them what they should like.. sounds like a dictatorship, not a democracy (ALL successfull leader appealed to the masses, not the opposite)

Edited by mufossa

well this is definitely not all there is to bronze & dragon being unpopular. Tankel/HB break stuff too. If dragon would be very tough (less breakrate than titanium) it would even out economically in the end...

Perhaps pr0 engineers will get less break rate on repair, who knows? then the break/degrade will really make a difference.

LOL! In my opinion,any armor that break instantly without degrading first is worth 50k tops.

Only problem with that is, between cost to make (including fails) it costs a shit load more then that

it takes 26 scales to make a full set(not counting eme and binding stones)..the average player can get what 2-3 scales per hour....so damn man it takes for friggin ever just to get the scales , then factor in lost rostos and supplies to kill that draogn youre talking mucho time and money invested ...

Not my problem.Who would want to buy full dragon set for 400k? when you can buy 2 full tit sets and you can use it four times. Each set you get to you use it twice cause of degrade and you to have an option to sell or fix.

of course the economy is shit..every item is way expensive and NO ONE has money to buy(and even the few that have money to buy dont want to buy cause they are scared to loose their investment to bad luck) ..the first thing they teach you in marketing in college is that you need to advertise where people have money....you dont advertise to sell a bently (300k dollar car) in a 3rd world country

and thats what this economy is .........

Yeah, thats true.. Also, manu'ers make so much shit to try and be the best that everything is mas produced, so people can buy it for cheaper, and then people keep under-cutting prices so that they can make some gc.. It's never going to sort itself out..

IMO only way to fix economy is, make chances of EFE/Special items like 1/40k.. Make Hydro bars and stuff not dropable, remove alot of the Shop items.

But what I just said has nothing to do with this topic really, but it's just my 2 cents.

ChroniC - Merchant.

IMO only way to fix economy is, make chances of EFE/Special items like 1/40k.. Make Hydro bars and stuff not dropable, remove alot of the Shop items.

But what I just said has nothing to do with this topic really, but it's just my 2 cents.

ChroniC - Merchant.

You dont know what your talking about... the dragon armor uses EME's which is so rare in game people will be buying them fromt he shop to manu the armor. It uses binding stones too and dragon scales.

Edited by LuciferX

You dont know what your talking about... the dragon armor uses EME's which is so rare in game people will be buying them fromt he shop to manu the armor. It uses binding stones too and dragon scales.

Because people don't bother making Magic Essies.. And Binding Stone are so fucking cheap on the EL Shop, it dosn't make any difference.

And don't say I have no idea what I'm talking about, I've never EVER been poor in EL, and I will continue to be rich and selling GC to the top a/d players for $$ for a long time to come. Scamming just got me there alot faster, and is one of the reasons people scam, is to make gold coins so they can buy shit.

#Edit - About 1 week ago, I sold 600k to someone for 150$, and then I sold another 760k to someone for another 180$.. All from scamming and being a good buyer/seller in EL.

Edited by Knuckles