Eternal Lands Official Forums
0ctane

cannot add restoration to quickbar in 1.4

After casting the Restoration spell, the "Click to add the spell to the quickbar" message and icon do not appear. "Heal" and "Tele to Portals" spells still behave correctly in this regard. If I try a restoration after heal or other spells, the previous spell's icon and "Click to add the spell to the quickbar" message remain. I have not tested other spells. Problem noticed on PowerPC and Intel Mac OS X builds. Anyone else have this problem? Just delete restoration from your quickbar and see if you can get it back there.

After casting the Restoration spell, the "Click to add the spell to the quickbar" message and icon do not appear. "Heal" and "Tele to Portals" spells still behave correctly in this regard. If I try a restoration after heal or other spells, the previous spell's icon and "Click to add the spell to the quickbar" message remain. I have not tested other spells. Problem noticed on PowerPC and Intel Mac OS X builds. Anyone else have this problem? Just delete restoration from your quickbar and see if you can get it back there.

Did the restoration actually give you heatlh back before you tried to add it?

Ok, I tested this under Windows for 0ctane, and had the same problem... but then I saw Learner's comment and retested and it worked correctly.

Did the restoration actually give you heatlh back before you tried to add it?

Granted, my health was at the maximum when I tried. But adding the "heal" to the quickbar works just fine when cast and my health is at full. This is a bit inconsistent.

Restore has long been 'broken' when it comes to casting when at full health; in that it's not really counted. Yes, in contrast to Heal and other spells.

This is the same as the lack of spell effect when you cast Restore at full health, even though Heal works.

Restore has long been 'broken' when it comes to casting when at full health; in that it's not really counted. Yes, in contrast to Heal and other spells.

This is the same as the lack of spell effect when you cast Restore at full health, even though Heal works.

In my mind, the other spells are broken, and Restoration is correct.

Perhaps for special effects, but I disagree as far as not being able to add them to the quickbar.

You successfully cast it, even if it had no effect, so you should be able to add it to the quickbar.

I'm not against removing the spell effects for spells that don't change anything (although that would be extended to failed mana drain, life drain, heal, remote heal, maybe even spells like shield when already active); but I think that you should always be able to add them to your quickbar.

but I think that you should always be able to add them to your quickbar.

Agreed. Also, consistancy in one way or another would prevent these bug reports from surfacing.

Sorry to resurface an old topic...

I PMed Radu ingame but he was a bit busy so I thought I would post here so at least there is a record of my request.

In order to better perform the fireworks at the upcoming party in February, I would like to submit a strong request that the animation play for restoration even when the person has full health. Otherwise it is really not possible for me to use restoration in the show (and it is a very cool effect), it is too much trouble to deal with poisoning oneself and then restoring the correct number of times.

I am hoping this can be fixed on the server-end and not client-end so it can be done in time for February.

Lum

In order to better perform the fireworks at the upcoming party in February, I would like to submit a strong request that the animation play for restoration even when the person has full health.

How about if you wear a Crown of Life, take it off, put it on, instant HP loss. Just a thought.

That's actually brilliant. I will consider it. Whether it will cause a significant enough decrease in health, I'm not sure--but it is absolutely worth a shot.

In the meantime though, I would infinitely prefer not having to track health to make things easier...if there is any way to fix this, please alert me. Thanks :confused:

Lum

Edited by Lumino

In the meantime though, I would infinitely prefer not having to track health to make things easier...if there is any way to fix this, please alert me. Thanks :confused:

AFAIK, this issue is purely that the server does not send the message that the spell has been successfully cast. This is why the effect is not show, the spell is not included in the counters, and you can't add it to the quick spells. You do get the EXP though :icon13:

Well whether restoration is broken or all the other spells are is an opinion question. Either way, it is an inconsistency and either restoration or all the others should be changed.

Personally, I would prefer if restoration was changed, for reasons I outlined above. Also, if you get EXP, doesn't it follow that the animation should show? :confused:

I can try to rely on poison, but as I said it's annoying, and could be very costly wasting esses/potions in heavy testing.

Well whether restoration is broken or all the other spells are is an opinion question. Either way, it is an inconsistency and either restoration or all the others should be changed.

Personally, I would prefer if restoration was changed, for reasons I outlined above. Also, if you get EXP, doesn't it follow that the animation should show? :confused:

I can try to rely on poison, but as I said it's annoying, and could be very costly wasting esses/potions in heavy testing.

This was the type of arrogance I was referring to from the other thread. It's one thing to report a "bug", but it's another to explain your reasoning behind it, and frankly, the way EL works does not revolve around the gala! As I said.. choose your words wisely....

Well, ok, it's true that maybe it should be done Learner's way, where all the other spells are changed to match restoration. But, either way, it IS an inconsistency, whether you like my opinion or anyone else's.