Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Please let us know about your graphic capabilities

Graphic capabilities  

320 members have voted

1. 1. What are your graphic capabilities?

• Your graphic card/driver don't support the minimum requirements
    • Your graphic card supports the absolute minimum requirements
    • Your graphic card supports the default requirements
    • Your graphic card supports more than the default
    • Your graphic card supports all features
  2. 2. If the minimum capabilities are not supported, will you upgrade?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, not sure.
    • My card already supports them all.

Everything runs perfectly for me. My main computer uses the latest Geforce, so it's set. My other computer is using an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, and it's supporting the default, so #5 & #3 for me

Edited by sora_barzahd

I get the #1 message, I have a laptop and have tried to update my drivers but my computer wont let me for some reason. And I cant afford to get a new one anytime soon

I think some Macintosh users are going to get screwed. While I have a fancy MacBook Pro (supports all latest features), most consumer systems are not that powerful. In addition, there are typically few if any means to upgrade a graphics card on a Mac. I have just compiled with GL_EXTENSION_CHECK (did not notice that it existed), and I will be distributing a new client soon. I suspect the news/reaction will not be positive (but maybe I am just being pessimistic right now).

maybe some one can help a computer illiterate person ( thats me )

I get the first msg upon logging in.

I have tried to google search to update my driver but to be honest its all double dutch to me. so if anyone knows a good simpl site then i would appreciate it .

Video Card . 741 VGA

lol Xbox searched google thats why i asked if any one knew a simple site, and not one you need a computer degree to understand ;)

SIS drivers page

absolute minimum requirements here, i get ~25 FPS with every visual option off, EVTR. (radeon 9200)

but i was planning on upgrading anyway soon, so it should be no problem :)

if possible, could you list the gfx features that EL needs? would help me choose ;)

absolute minimum requirements here, i get ~25 FPS with every visual option off, EVTR. (radeon 9200)

but i was planning on upgrading anyway soon, so it should be no problem :)

if possible, could you list the gfx features that EL needs? would help me choose ;)

As Radu has said before in another thread, if you get a G-Force 7000 or higher you will be able to run all of the options.

If your an ATI guy/girl well i dont know what to tell you, i hate ati.

And if you own a mac (i know you dont) your screwed!

Edited by xbox360

As Radu has said before in another thread, if you get a G-Force 7000 or higher you will be able to run all of the options.

If your an ATI guy/girl well i dont know what to tell you, i hate ati.

And if you own a mac (i know you dont) your screwed!

i hate ati too :)

thanks for the tip tho ;)

My system:

Pentium 4 HT

Nvidia 7600 GS Sonic

1.5 GB RAM

Everything is running fine and my card supports all features el will be using in the future.

AMD 2500+

GF 6600GT (supports all features)

1GB RAM

Everyting running quite good. With full eye candy settings enabled (fancy smoke, halos etc.) i have up to 64 fps (without it it's 84 (because of the vertical sync enabled)).

But I must admit, fps can drop down to 16-19 (in PV, TG or WSC while there's fountain effect nearby, or at the PV storage).

#Edit: typos o.0

Edited by BloodSucker

Hi

Maybe i'm blind but i'm not getting no message. Running linux CVS client with default settings.

This means that i'm hopelessly doomed ? :)

nope, means you need to edit make.conf and add

FEATURES += GL_EXTENSION_CHECK

I was on the number 1, and had a very low FPS of 10 - then I updated my driver and now have absolute minimum, and FPS of 30 - I turn eye candy off as the spell effects around every storage just about stop the game completely, drop me to FPS of 1 and I usual get grued ....... cant afford a new card or PC :)

i get supports absolute minimum requirements :(

but unless some ebul irl rich person decides to get me one for christmas :) ...i dont see a new card in the works :P

heheh

Thing that bugs me the most is that I seem to have no framebuffer extension support and upgrading vid card isn't a real option (I hate replacing stuff in laptops). Not sure when I'll upgrade laptop, it suffices for now.

Update to previous.

Well the new card arrived today. Parcelforce left it on the door step wiht out ringing the doorbell (but thats another issue :) )

With

Pentium D Dual core 2.8ghz

1 gig ram

XfX Fatal1ty geforce 7600 GT 256mb DDR3 ram.

Everything works like a dream, even solved the mysterious black out screen issue (where screen goes black and the old card seemed to turn it's self off forcing a system reboot) i was having with the old ati card.

"Your graphic card supports the default requirements"

which is kinda disappointing because i thought my ATI Radeon X300/X550 Series x86/SSE2 sounded like one of the best, obviously not :S

I had the same thing happen Peeper. I was at #3, but then I took Ent's suggestion and went to #5. I never knew that I had to update the drivers, I thought it would have done it automatically, but I guess not. ;p

I've got a Radeon 9200 series card, and I get the message that I support the absolute minimum requirements for the next update, but not to expect to use all features. I guess this means I am not using the latest driver for the card?

Mine also says it's running the bare minimum...:D I really don't EVER want to quit playing and I know nothing of (about) my computer...all I can tell you is that it's a DELL DIMENSION 2400 and the modem has the stickers WINDOWS XP and INTEL INSIDE CELERON on it...hope someone can help me out...don't know much of the tech. on computers

Bare minimum is good enough. It means that you should still be able to play the game OK, just that graphically, you won't see as much nice things (such as shadows, ground normals, etc.)

Mine also says it's running the bare minimum...:) I really don't EVER want to quit playing and I know nothing of (about) my computer...all I can tell you is that it's a DELL DIMENSION 2400 and the modem has the stickers WINDOWS XP and INTEL INSIDE CELERON on it...hope someone can help me out...don't know much of the tech. on computers

Here's the specs.

Here's my cards specs.

GeForce 6600 GT

128 MB

AGP 4X

Edited by Nintenduh

It looks like laptops have problems. Even the new ones.

I have an old desktop (about 5 years old) and it still supports the absolute minimum (GF4 MX420).

Regards

Chryzopraz