Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
draegox

A few ideas

Well, I searched and didn't see them previously mentioned, so here goes:

Idea #1

After a long day of training, most people would get pretty tired. Maybe they just need to mix a few things together and talk with friends. My suggestion is that after training one skill for a while, levels start to go down a bit, and you have to do something else. In reality, people can't just do one thing for hours on end; their bodies get stressed and they have to relax. I know it's just a game, and it doesn't have to mirror reality, but I think it would be interesting.

Idea #2

Imagine fighting a regular wolf, when suddenly a message appears on your screen. "You have been bitten by a werewolf." As soon as it became night, 3:30 ingame, say, you would take on the shape of a wolf, lose some of your a/d/p/c, get a red name, and lose control of your char until you attacked, maybe, five people. Then you become your regular self and are immune to werewolf-ness for the rest of the night. The chance for this would be very low, less than one in a million per hit. This could also work with vampires/undead.

Idea #3

Why can't we make wooden handles out of logs? We could use a knife with a log and make one for manu/engineering exp. The knife would most likely be manu, made from a few metal bars and maybe something else. And pickaxes could be made from one pickaxe head (metal again) and a handle.

I know some of these will be controversial, and might take a lot of programming, but please don't get rude about it. It's just an idea.

Did you use the "search" function, or just browse the titles of the first page?

I searched in this forum only, and these are the results:

On "resting" I got 13 threads.

On "werewolf" and got 14 (which I'm suprised at - I would have thought more)

And on "wooden handles" I got 25 (plus several pages)... but there were a couple of relevent threads just from looking at the titles.

I don't mean to dishearten you, but it is possible you would otherwise get disheartened from the lack of responses. I think they are all reasonable suggestions, especially the idea of resting, but this has all been mentioned before and therefore unlikely to get much attention. A little more thorough search is a good idea for next time.

Did you use the "search" function, or just browse the titles of the first page?

I used the search function; I never would do it any other way. Guess the keywords were a little off, or something like that. And even if it HAS been mentioned before, if nobody says it's a bad idea, it's sometimes okay to mentoin a different version of it again.

Besides,

There is nothing wrong with suggesting something that has already ben suggested by someone else, the more people that express an interest in something, the more likely it is to be noticed.

:)

Besides,
There is nothing wrong with suggesting something that has already ben suggested by someone else, the more people that express an interest in something, the more likely it is to be noticed.
:)
except she's not a mod, so you can't assume that over rides the forum rules... because it doesn't

I assure you, the forums are read by the developers of EL. what you want to happen may not, due to the amount of work needed or because it wouldn't fit into the game well, but it was considered