Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bep

Got banned for trading with my alt?

Got banned for trading with my alt Waurest I think. I know that you cant use multi characters for mulling and harvesting at the same time or as a look-out or other unfair play. But trading I thought it was ok. Why else there so many people have multi characters. I have studied again the rules and find out that you have to click on the rules to get the details. I didnt notice that at all. And yes I do need new pair of glasses now i see that are the first lines you have to click on it. But was it there before a long time ago?.

Why I trade with my alt?

The reason is Bep needs more then 200 storage slots. Since Bep is an all-rounder and a merchant he truely need more then 200 storage slots. Allready dropped manufacture and potions skills because there is no storage place to put those new items. To be a good ringmaker you need about 100 slots. The ever growing new items, books and engineering skill dont make it easier. Had to sell for example those new removal stones quickly. But if you guys say you cant have more 200 slots because others dont have it also. Fine to me. I have to figure it out then. But I still think it is unfair for the allrounders amongst us.

So you can kill my storagekeeper if you like, and I continue with hmmm me.

Also want to ask you in the future when im playing again, does logging in simultanously in test server with different name have effect on forbidden multiplaying?

Last 2 requests.

Can you please give the people a warning first. It will save a lot of time for you and the people getting banned who are unaware. (just have reading some post here)

Is it possible to change the forum post on http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29370 a little bit. It was for me confusing. I sended my request to Roja lol. Which was ok. He didnt mind at all .. ahumm :)

Ummm why would you be whitelisted? :)

And why would you get bep back as is? :icon13:

Apparently you don't read much of anything, people who get their grossly illegally multiplaying mains back get them minus items and with stats reductions...also make note there is no guarantee you do get your main character back. Many people are free to start over with a new character but will not get their cheating ones back. Each case is handled on it's own merits.

Ignorance is NO excuse. Never has been. :dry:

About the warnings lol, as I have said countless times, this doesn't get a warning. Just what we want, is all the stuff transfered out of the alt onto the main or yet another alt or to a friend...just to get it back later. Uh uh. Nope. :laugh:

Test server has nothing to do with main server.

Ummm why would you be whitelisted? :)

And why would you get bep back as is? :icon13:

Apparently you don't read much of anything, people who get their grossly illegally multiplaying mains back get them minus items and with stats reductions...also make note there is no guarantee you do get your main character back. Many people are free to start over with a new character but will not get their cheating ones back. Each case is handled on it's own merits.

Because I sincerely thinking im not doing unfair things, trading to create more storage slots. I have done trading with another Person (not my alt), which I done before, to create more storage slots. Is that illegal too?

About the warnings lol, as I have said countless times, this doesn't get a warning.

Please dont tell me you have to read all the threads on forum to read your warnings?

I dont see any warning from you on EL game-speaker. But just wanna tell you it save times for YOU IN THE FUTURE if you warn people, not for my benefit lol. For me is already too late. You see this takes time to read and to respond. Doesnt it?

ignorance is NO excuse. Never has been. dry.gif

Hmm There are lot ignorance people in the world. They do exists. Why do you think war exists? Please remind you the people who are playing this game are ignorance enough to play EL. Why should they spend time in this game? It is an excuse to do the OTHER LIFE. Now I understand why Lochnesslobster have left this game. He was maybe ignorance too but at all honest. Sorry maybe this is going out of hand lol. Only a game. Tell me what is your penalty for me?

I hope i dont sound like a jerk to want to proof my innocent. But just making clear :)

Edited by bep

Because I sincerely thinking im not doing unfair things, trading to create more storage slots.

My daughter believes in the tooth fairy too. Doesn't make it so.

Because I sincerely thinking im not doing unfair things, trading to create more storage slots.

My daughter believes in the tooth fairy too. Doesn't make it so.

Humm.. Isnt there an tooth fairy? darn...

Rest my case. :)

If you would have had a decent attitude about it, and admit that what you did was wrong, and promised not to do it again, you would have been unbanned, with some fine or some other penalty.

But no, you are better than that. You PMed Roja:

I think I was banned by Aislinn (no warning at all?) for trading with my alt on one ip adress. First I have to mentioned that i sincerly dont see that I was doing something wrong. After studying the rules again, I found out that u have to click all the specific rules to get the detail information. I didnt noticed that at all till now (yes and do need new glasses). I dont use my alt for muling, spying, multi harvesting or other unfair play.

Well, duh, you don't get a warning for that. Everyone knows that doing that is illegal, and not knowing that you can click on the rules to expand them is bullshit. It says so when you start the client for the first time.

Why I trade with my alt?

The reason is Bep needs more then 200 storage slots. Since Bep is an all-rounder and a merchant he truely need more then 200 storage slots. Allready dropped manufacture and potions skills because there is no storage place to put those new items. To be a good ringmaker you need about 100 slots. The ever growing new items, books and engineering skill dont make it easier. Had to sell for example those new removal stones quickly. But if you guys say you cant have more 200 slots because others dont have it also. Fine to me. I have to figure it out then. But I still think it is unfair for the allrounders amongst us.

You can think whatever you want, but doing what you did is MULING. And all the players play by the same rules, and same number of storage spaces. The only legal way to have more storage spaces is to get a bot.

There is a saying: "When you are in shit over your head, keep your mouth shut." It seems that you were not aware of that saying:

Other questions which you dont have to answer

- Why still calling El game a BETA. I know real life is not perfect why should Other Life be perfect also. Hmm is MS windows still beta? A possibiltiy to hire a marketing professional to generate more users/customers?

Thatw as the most dumb ass and arrogant question, especially coming from someone who was banned.

- You have an database of error handeling? So you can organise and give priorities to solve the bugs in game? If do please put it on forum so everybody knows which bug is allready reported and dont have to put report twice or have to read those long forum post making sure that u are not posting twice. Especially for the Map bugs will be handy, because there are lot of them. Strange that people still post bugs. People dont post bugs again if they get no responce whether something is done or not.

Yes, as a matter of fact, we do, it's on Berlios project page, and it's on the forums as well. There is a thing called "the magic search button".

Tnx entropy for pointing out your policy towards players like that. If you dont believe me. It is fine.

Delete this message if you want and my character too. Do you really think i am afraid of your banning? pff Dont care anymore after what you have said and your attitude. Although I will miss friends over here,

Just want to let you and Aislinn know:

All customers (children) are ignorance. Dont point it out to them, because it will ruins any relationship and display your own mask of ignorance.

Ok, well, normally we would have allowed him to have other characters, but it's quite clear that it is better for everyone that he is not allowed in the game again, so we are going to ban his IP as well. He is also suspended from the forums.