Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

What is your opinion about multiplaying?

Would you like to be able to multiplay?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to be able to multiplay?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
  2. 2. If the previous answer was yes, what kind of multiplaying would be ok?

• Economical only (trades, muling, item swaps)
    • Combat only (including PKing, magic)
    • Both of them
    • Neither (voted no)

By the way, the anti socials players would still have a disadvantage, because you needs to take your alt where you want to buy/sell stuff, and then need both the chars at the same place to trade, etc.

As someone already mentioned, you can do that with a friend/guildie.

But with multiplay allowed I could have a char per NPC I do business with sitting at that NPC, no more waiting for guildies or friends. I need feasting potions? I'll log on erma_mira or erma_derzelas and get them from him. Selling stuff to Trik? Log on erma_trik and he's right there at trik to help me ... :bow_arrow:

And it is my opinion that, unless if you macro, it is very hard to level two characters at once (that is, someone that focuses on one character will have a more pro char than someone that focuses on multiple chars).

Yes, but then, you don't need to really level two characters B) All you'd need them for is to supply the main char with (basically) free gold coins and ingredients.

@TC: Why would an ebul IRL $$ player spend RL$ on something he can get for free (and without massive amounts of time dedicated to it)? I'd rather buy a new computer that can run a lot of clients and that I can use for other things as well :)

And on prices: whatever way they'd go, it would disadvantage players without multiple alts: going down: non-alt players can't compete; staying the same: non-alt players don't get free money; going up: non-alt players can't afford them. :cry:

But with multiplay allowed I could have a char per NPC I do business with sitting at that NPC, no more waiting for guildies or friends. I need feasting potions? I'll log on erma_mira or erma_derzelas and get them from him. Selling stuff to Trik? Log on erma_trik and he's right there at trik to help me ... :bow_arrow:

That is a very good point. Obviously, some limits on multiplaying would need to be set, if we ever decide to allow it.

would be nice to be able to multiplay.

this way people with higher stats that want a char with different professions then their own don't have to go through all the hassle newbies deal with at start. (food/gc/ingreds/etc.) making it more enjoyable to play an alt sometimes.

okay, I've sorta skimmed some points, but...

on the social issue, not only is it going to create a lot more people who are semi-afk (as they harvest, and are active in another window), but they'll probably also be a lot busier... net result? less social action, chatting, etc

antisocial? it's not hard to get around at all. have some accounts harvesting with their high EMU thanks to neg perks, then storage trade to another account that has different neg perks (all except anti, since they only need to mule) and have that one run back and forth to the NPC. considering mapwalking and the time needed for harvesting, one person can probably have up to a half dozen chars on with this approach... currently you can get around anti with guildies and friends? well, no kidding, but you have to get them there at the right time, and (ironic as it is) this increases your interaction with other players

my main character is usually antisocial (reset a while back. will be again soon).

and for the record, I have a few alts as well. sometimes I'm leveling several at once, sometimes not...

is it hard to do several at once? no. I can just imagine what it'd be like to have some harvesting and another mix-all-ing stuff like FEs... with the time that 45 food points takes to go down on FE, you have enough time to act with another harvesting char each time...

and what about having a fighter account with a high p/c near something troll or below? the critters auto attack, and with a high enough co-ord or other stats you can still survive a lot of fights without much interaction

or another thing, what if you have a dozen people each with a half dozen accounts at the joker spawns? (oh boy, and people thought the bluespam from donating to GIWS was bad)

I do understand the problem of same-IP trading for those who have a family playing... and I think something should be done about it, but I don't think this is it

there's also the valid idea of wanting to play several approaches (classes in other games), like a fighter, healer, etc... some of the other games that allow this do so by having several chars per account, you could even share a storage, without making it too easy for people to work around the problems

apart from the families, what benefits would this give?

well, the people who want to multiplay get a benefit, of course, since it's not illegal anymore... would the mods have less work? I imagine more, if there's twice as many chars online, with half of them semi-afk (fighting, harvesting and fit a TP nexus blocking a path, etc), or if there are limits on multiplay they have to investigate breaches of that too (and if people multiplay illegally now, they'll break the limits on it with legal restricted multiplay too)

I didn't vote, but do have a comment after looking at the results of the poll so far.... seems most are picking 'NO' as their answer but yet look at how many people have gotten banned because of multi trading or other interactions with multi char's. I personally don't see the big problem with trading between chars.

Adaanu

This topic smells to me like rising the number of online players in an artificial way. 1200 players online sounds much better than 600, but there would still be only 600 real players.

And what if the server becomes too small to supply space for all alts of new players? You are going to ban the alts again? I know several games that went very annoying because of too many players online.

I wonder how many of the people who voted 'yes' have two or more forum accounts :/

EG

Don't take it personally but i wonder how many of the people that voted no have allready antisocial and they are using their guildies to buy or sell items. If multi is illegal, then using your guildies is illegal too cause its exactly the same thing. And people that using their guildies must be banned too.

illegal multiplay is about using multiple accounts of your own... getting a guildie to help with shopping isn't the same thing, so don't compare it or say we should be banned, kay?

illegal multiplay is about using multiple accounts of your own... getting a guildie to help with shopping isn't the same thing, so don't compare it or say we should be banned, kay?

Antisocial provides 10 pps cause you cant buy or sell from the npc.There is no difference at all and antisocial has no meaning if you are using your guildies or alts to buy items.If not banned then anti should be removed from the game.

have you used anti? no? it does get in the way. 10 PPs might be more than necessary, but it is a hassle. and if you have it and have to go shopping a lot, your guildies or friends will get tired of it. so anti people may well sell on market for less than NPC price, or pay someone a small cut to sell to NPC for them.

illegal multi is using multiple characters of your own, to the benefit of one or both of them. if your main is anti, and you use an alt that doesn't have it to sell for you, that's getting around anti illegally

can you see the difference between doing something yourself and asking for help from other people to do it?

seriously, don't go suggesting a heap of people in EL should be banned just because they have a perk or know someone who does (you know how many people would have sold something an antisocial person made? you want to ban half of EL?)

Antisocial provides 10 pps cause you cant buy or sell from the npc.There is no difference at all and antisocial has no meaning if you are using your guildies or alts to buy items.If not banned then anti should be removed from the game.

:)

Antisocial means you've got troubles talking to people you don't know (and therefore can't trade with them). Hopefully, you've got some friends (or at least some people who have pity :icon13:) and they can help you trade with these ebul NPCs that scare you so much.

Guildies are friends. They're not always on. They are busy sometimes, and can't always help you.

Alts are yourself. They're on whenever you want. Only you decide if they're busy or not.

Isn't that a difference? (oh, this is a 1-answer question, of course...)

I voted NO. The Antisocial perk is one reason, server space is another, and morality is another. But most of all, it's the economy that I'm worried about. If everyone can make an alt, mule with it, train on it, and use it to level up their main char, it would hurt EVERYBODY. I understand that there are ways to circumvent the current ban, but as it is now, it's much harder to get away with it. Besides, I think a lot of the caring, helpful people, and the friends I've made, would leave the game. As would I.

Let's see... on lowest graphic settings, and perhaps linux rather than xp/2k, how many simultaneous characters is that? sithicus1 through 10 buying wine at the same time saves some time in potioning allright... then they can go to the coal mine all together and mine for rostogol stones, dropping the coal on the ground. Who cares that no one else can mine coal there now.

No problem at all :) ... well, unless someone develops a text based client for harvesting and moving around, with little need for processor power so that as many connections can be made as the connection allows.

Multi playing or not mulitplaying.....

Im against unfair play. It is like taking drugs for a sport competition. But im for multi with fair play.

To control multi-play is hard and very time consuming for the adm. And sometime ''family'' members or friends on same adress just wants to interact. And that is a group event.

So how to create multi play (multiple characters on 1 IP adress) but with fair play?

The arguments against multi are:

- Anti-social perk: create one character with and one character not. Delete that perk and problem solved. People get minus pickpoints when it is deleted. This will teach them to work harder on oa level lol. And the bot sellers who are selling anti-social items? Well they dont get much profit from it. Selling or buying for just 1 or 2 gc near the npc price.

If not deleting that perk. Sure it is easier to take an alt and not asking friends/guildmembers to interact. But then it is more fun to let your friends help you out and you help them out some anothertimes. What is then the fun to play alone in EL :)? No friends who are are not anti-social? hmmm you have serious troublesome personality.

- Mulling: using character with big carry capacity to mull things. Not efficient. In order to get a character to get a bigger load, takes time. Time is lost which was better spend on the main character. So it seems unfair, but they cut there own fingers. Asking somebody to mull for you is much more fun. Believe me.

- Multi harvesting: more characters harvesting. Increase more harvest events will prevent that, is my opion (sorry for the top harvesters and other MN haters :icon13: ). Also time consuming to maintain.

- Pk lookout: spot enemy when they are there. Dont know how to solve that. Never done it before. Suggestions? Or is this not a problem at all? You can always ask your favorite guildmember to run naked to PK area.

- Expand 200 slots for storage items. It is unfair for those who are putting time and effort to clear up storage place. Sollution: create more storageslots. For the person who have put time and effort in multiple skills in one character it is hard to have only 200 slots. Also different person with 1 ip, wants to work together. And people can find another way. They can ask friends to interact. And how do u control that?

In general: it is very time consuming and not efficient to maintain multiple characters. Time which was better to invest and impove the main character. I know this because i was banned because they discovered i was trading with my alt (my reason was: to create more storage slots). It is short minded to think multiplay have great advanges.

have you used anti? no? it does get in the way. 10 PPs might be more than necessary, but it is a hassle. and if you have it and have to go shopping a lot, your guildies or friends will get tired of it. so anti people may well sell on market for less than NPC price, or pay someone a small cut to sell to NPC for them.

illegal multi is using multiple characters of your own, to the benefit of one or both of them. if your main is anti, and you use an alt that doesn't have it to sell for you, that's getting around anti illegally

can you see the difference between doing something yourself and asking for help from other people to do it?

seriously, don't go suggesting a heap of people in EL should be banned just because they have a perk or know someone who does (you know how many people would have sold something an antisocial person made? you want to ban half of EL?)

I didn't do anything else than using the same logic that most people used to say no. The truth is that most of them dont care about the game or the economy. They are afraid that other players will take anti and they will be owned badly. They care only about themselves.

Some others that said no, do care about the game and i respect them. For example all those that talked about the changes in el community.

But what will happen if 1000 new players will start playing the game?(i am not talking about multi here)Shall we say to ent plz dont allow more new players to play cause the community spirit will be lost?

And finally its a common tactic to allow multi in most rpg games. Unless blizzard that allows multi are a bunch of amatuers and we know better than them if multi will benefit a game or not.

Look the last person that got banned for illegal multi. ADko. A pr0 100's char and so rich that can afford to buy a tit plate of freezing and a js of cooldown. A real threat for the economy...and the game.

Look the last person that got banned for illegal multi. ADko. A pr0 100's char and so rich that can afford to buy a tit plate of freezing and a js of cooldown. A real threat for the economy...and the game.

:) this adko?

adkoud0.jpg

rofl blodoks...agis29, i suggest you at least get an idea of what you are talking about before you open your mouth. I have the anti perk, and it's a pain. Any time i need pick's, need to sell my leather helms to trik, need to sell titanium ore to blacksmith, or need a book, I have to ask someone else to get it for me. Most of the time, I have to pay them a little extra for doing the service for me, which is money lost. As far as 1000 more people joining the game... how the hell would that ruin the community spirit? If anything, that would make it stronger. As far as someone being able to afford a tit plate of freezing and JS of cooling, that doesnt mean crap, anyone who spends long enough at the BL bush can afford exspensive items, multiplay or not. I know this myself, cause after 3 hours of working together on BL bush with someone who is not anti, we made over 13k. And I haven't seen one person post saying they didn't want this to happen because they will be owned because of people with anti.

Edited by fyrrflyy

:) this adko?

No, must be the adko that

scammed and cheated with alts and traded the illgotten goods on to

his main character adko.

I still fail to see why allowing multiplay would get you 400 new players on line at any given moment.

@bep: PK lookout would still be prohibited I'd think, and others and I disputed most of your other points above already :icon13: From my own harvesting experience I know mother nature doesn't interrupt you enough to make harvesting with a bunch of alts a waste of time. For storage slots discussion there's a thread in suggestion forum, maybe have a look at that :)

@sithicus: take a map with an outdoor storage and you can stay in console almost all the time, except to click harvest (keep storage open; you can mapwalk to storage, deposit and go back to resources without needing regular game screen), that should reduce resource usage on your computer significantly :)

i think people sould not be allowed to muplie playing bescuase then they can lvl up faster and it would not be fair on other people

jammie

I voted no.

If you allow multi, the market will fall apart. Many use the market to 'save time' harvesting - in order to train their main skill quicker.

If you could have alts all over mining the required ingredients, and making bags, the main just wanders between them all making ess/pots etc.

To make life even easier - each guild has a shared high emu mule.. take the perks - you can get it high emu very quickly.

The only down side I see to this is that lan parties/families cannot help each other - sadly a small price to pay.